EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Daninos on Nofret (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Daninos on Nofret
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately photos at the time were in b&w
but here's what the "discoverer" had to say.

-
 -
 -

-  -

Judging by the pre-1909 photo at top compared
to the two of our times, Nofret's left hand looks
to have her fingers painted over since then?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo prefers the following photo and text.

-

Seated Statues of Rahotep and Nofret
Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, Sneferu, ca. 2575-2551 BC
Limestone, Pigment (Unspecified), Quartz/Rock Crystal
Fayum Region, Maidum (Meidum), North Mastaba Field, 6: Rahotep and Nofret, Hall
Excavated by A. Daninos, A. Mariette for the EAS (Egyptian Antiquities Service) in 1871
H: 120 cm

CG 3 - CG 4, SR 2/ 15207
These statues of prince Rahotep and his wife, Nofret, are remarkably well-preserved due to their burial in their tomb at Meidum, discovered in 1871. They sit on high-backed chairs that bear their titles and names. He is identified as a priest of Heliopolis, superintendent of works, commander of troops and a son of king Sneferu. Nofret is "one who knows the king", a high honor during this time. The simplicity of the composition is balanced by the regal demeanor expressed in the pose of the bodies and the life-like quality in their faces. The eyes, inlaid with painted quartz that is overlaid with rock crystal corneas, are astoundingly realistic, the best examples of this Old Kingdom technique. Their light hazel color lends them an ethereal quality that commands our full attention. They are delicately lined with black eye paint with the outer corners slightly extended and the inner as a fine line reaching to the base of the nose, another fashion of Old Kingdom portraiture. His face is suitably heavier than her feminine one, with his nose and mouth larger and less delicately formed, and her brows just a little more elegantly extended. His well-trimmed mustache is thickly painted to give it character, and the fullness of her face and under her chin portrays a softness to offset the severity of her tightly-wrapped cloak, a symbol of high status. The details of her breasts portray the nurturing qualities inherent in her gender. Her brightly-colored broad collar and head band give her costume the color it needs. Her wig consists of very fine strands of tightly twisted or braided cornrows and her natural hair that has been parted and drawn back, can be seen resting on her forehead under the wig. Her husband, by contrast, is seen with a natural short cut and a simple thin chain and small pendant. His contrast is achieved by leaving his body unclothed except for his simple white kilt, tied at the waist. His physique portrays the Egyptian ideal male body - slenderness with a constrained, yet powerful musculature and broad shoulders. Her figure, despite the full cloak, shows the same ideal slenderness with full breasts, attributes of ideal femininity. The difference in skin color is one that is part of the usual Egyptian of depicting men as darker toned than women, perhaps as preference in reality or perhaps for contrast in artistic compositions, especially two-dimensional, overlapping representations. It is rule that is not strictly followed. There is a curious contradiction in this finely painted piece - there are blotches of white paint that fall on Rahotep's arms, knees and chin. It seems the artist, so careful with fine details, was clumsy at some point filling in the white paint of the the chair. Small damages occur on the head, etc., but these can be attributed to moving the pieces at some point.
Notes:

Parent record to CG 3: Rahotep, and CG 4: Nofret.
Maspero 1915: Excavators. Tiradritti 1999: Materials, dating; PM: Dyn. 3; CG/SR: Dyn. 4.
Category:

Sculpture in the Round
Bibliography:

[Book] Tiradritti, Francesco. 1999. Treasures of the Egyptian Museum.
p. 62f
[Catalogue] Maspero, Gaston. 1915. Guide du Visiteur au Musée du Caire.
No. 223, p. 81f, fig. 29
[Catalogue] Bongioanni, Alessandro, et al. 2001. The Illustrated Guide to the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
p.78-79
[Catalogue] Maspero, Gaston. 1883. Guide du Visiteur au Musee de Boulaq.
p. 221, no. 1050.

[Display] EMC - R32

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -
quote:
There is a curious contradiction in this finely painted piece - there are blotches of white paint that fall on Rahotep's arms, knees and chin. It seems the artist, so careful with fine details, was clumsy at some point filling in the white paint of the the chair. Small damages occur on the head, etc., but these can be attributed to moving the pieces at some point.
Interesting how these writers consider the statues to be a best example of superior craftsmanship and thereafter assert the artist was so careful yet clumsy when applying paint application to the statues.

One can say if the artist was clumsy to tolerate blotches of paint then the artist was uncoordinated and careless with his/her work.. so how then does this serve as a great example of a model for remarkable workmanship since they themselves also have no difficulty in noticing a number of poor or abnormal formalities leading them to their curios contradictions with each of these statues?

Does it not serve as an indication of them being on the same page as Afrocentrics with reference to each of the statues? The suspicion and curiosity is already there.

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Makes perfect sense. One can see that both statues possess traces of darker paint with Nofret being more yellow than pale and Rahotep more brown than yellow.

-

It still amazes me how the Euronuts would claim the black man's face above as "caucasian"! Comes to show how desperate these losers are.

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contrary to popular belief, i personally consider each of these statues to be of lower quality in terms of workmanship from the 4th dynasty. The highlighted detected oddities betrays its value, the paint application on Rahotep and Nofret are notably of poor workmanship as with the overall construction of the statues. During the 4th dynasty (Pyramid Age) there was such a high level of artistic perfection. I would never expect a high ranking artist coming from the 4th dynastic period to be careless with their creation.

quote:
 -
I'm somewhat surprised on how the writers of The Egyptian Museum failed to take notice of the dried black paint dripping from his hairline.
Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yes, and it is this poor quality along with some other unconventional features of the portrait such as the mdu neter painted on the backboards of the chairs that many including scholars once thought these portraits were fake.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
I agree with you on the black hieroglyphic inscription on the backboards of the white slabs being unusual.

quote:
 -
When i look carefully I couldn't help but notice these faded black borderlines surrounding the black hieroglyphic inscriptions on the statue.

quote:
 -
Do you notice them or am i seeing things here?
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
An older photograph:
 -

Black borderlines surrounding the black hieroglyphic inscriptions are more visible.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this statue is obviously a fake item created by whites to show that black men ruled egypt and took white women as their wives

obviously Eurocentric.

look at the black borderlines

Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
This thread is for details about the statue pair.
If you don't have an intelligent observation to
contribute then please post to your own thread,
-Just Call Him Jari- calls Nofret "white" in remarkable statement
thanks.

The only evidence I see for fakery is the sloppy
unprofessional paint sploshes and runs. Most else
other than writing high up on the backrest and Nofret's
completely swathed left arm down to the fingertips is
found in other Old Kingdom sculpture or relief. No?

Besides the old standards I've been examining OK art
details in Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids
and seek other similar themed works for comparisons.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the Heiroglyphics painted or etched??

quote:
Originally posted by Sahel (Siptah):
I agree with you on the black hieroglyphic inscription on the backboards of the white slabs being unusual.

quote:
 -
When i look carefully I couldn't help but notice these faded black borderlines surrounding the black hieroglyphic inscriptions on the statue.

quote:
 -

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is a curious contradiction in this finely painted piece - there are blotches of white paint that fall on Rahotep's arms, knees and chin. It seems the artist, so careful with fine details, was clumsy at some point filling in the white paint of the the chair. Small damages occur on the head, etc., but these can be attributed to moving the pieces at some point.

Interesting how these writers consider the statues to be a best example of superior craftsmanship and thereafter assert the artist was so careful yet clumsy when applying paint application to the statues.

One can say if the artist was clumsy to tolerate blotches of paint then the artist was uncoordinated and careless with his/her work.. so how then does this serve as a great example of a model for remarkable workmanship since they themselves also have no difficulty in noticing a number of poor or abnormal formalities leading them to their curios contradictions with each of these statues?

Does it not serve as an indication of them being on the same page as Afrocentrics with reference to each of the statues? The suspicion and curiosity is already there.[/QUOTE]

Or,

One could say based on the "extraordinarily lifelike" comment it is so that they are just of a different level of detail in terms of quality of shape (increased definition, though I've seen much better and more lifelike) rather than being "superior". Though it's definitely not superior and is infact of worse (than ae art in general) quality in terms of paint.

Wouldn't be the first time such art has faded, or that it had parts of it retouched, faded then retouched, or possibly just faded.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my my my, these craftsman were so sloppy. Look at how they dripped the paint. this place is filthy, where are my slippers?

this is not a good sculpture, it's bad, very bad. It's not superior at all, it's an inferior sculpture

bad sculpture

bad sculpture

bad bad bad

Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^
What a troll is reduced to when it can't offer a rebuttal..LMAO..

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
Are the Heiroglyphics painted or etched??

Painted in my book. In comparison, hieroglyphs on other old kingdom statuary appear to be carved from what i've observed.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
Exactly, the Egyptians always carved Mdu-Ntr in stone because it was meant to last forever. Does anyone have any other statue of a High official with painted rather than carved Mdu-ntr??

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
 -

Looking at the overall structure and construction of the statues. Sloppy workmanship can be accounted on the fact the dimensions of the lower part of the slabs are in-proportionately aligned.

-

Also noticeable is Nofret being positionally seated in the center of her slab in contrast to Rahotep who is positionally seated in the center of his slab.

Can anyone present other 4th dynastic statuary exhibiting equivalent examples for comparative purposes?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
^^^^^

rebuttal to what, LOL?

quote:

Also noticeable is Nofret being positionally seated in the center of her slab in contrast to Rahotep who is positionally seated in the center of his slab.

very suspicious
xm
Member # 19601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.uggclearance-shop.net
http://www.uggclearance-ugg.com
http://bestuggclearance.net
http://www.uggbootsclearance1.net
http://uggbootsclearance-ie.net
http://www.uggbootsoutlet-ie.net
http://www.best-uggclearance.com
http://www.uggbootsstore-ie.com
http://www.uggbootsclearance1.us
http://www.uggonclearance.net
http://uggclearance-ugg.net
http://www.uggclearance-onsale.com
http://www.uggboots-outlet-ie.net
http://www.uggbootsoutletus.net

Posts: 138 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

quote:
 -

quote:
 -

Nope. I've long noticed that also! Do you notice the very vague remnants of darker paint on Rahotep??
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
 - ...  -

Correction: Nofrets figure is not proportionally centered on her slab demonstrating the lack of symmetry in regard to the structure of the statue.

Sorry for my error.

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
^^^^^

rebuttal to what, LOL?

quote:

very suspicious

How childish are you? You could have at least reminded me of my error. Sounds like someone has a lot of growing up to do.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Remember, you are dealing with a child and a very stupid dishonest one at that. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Superman
Member # 16230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO you negros only call it fake because it doesn't look negro. If its not negro then it has to be a fake. SAD BUNCH!
Posts: 175 | From: Who knows? | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Superman:
LMAO you negros only call it fake because it doesn't look negro. If its not negro then it has to be a fake. SAD BUNCH!

-

-

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

-

At the same location, thousands of years later. HAPPY BUNCH LMAO

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superman
Member # 16230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:

-

-

What are you trying to prove here? No one cares about your pictures. Present something that is at least convincing next time.
Posts: 175 | From: Who knows? | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

-

What are you trying to prove here? No one cares about your pictures. Present something that is at least convincing next time.
lol@ this rebuttal, now go cry me a river.lol

-

quote:
Northern Egypt near the Mediterranean shows the same pattern- limb length data puts its peoples closer to tropically adapted Africans than cold climate Europeans

"...sample populations available from northern Egypt from before the 1st Dynasty (Merimda, Maadi and Wadi Digla) turn out to be significantly different from sample populations from early Palestine and Byblos, suggesting a lack of common ancestors over a long time. If there was a south-north cline variation along the Nile valley it did not, from this limited evidence, continue smoothly on into southern Palestine.

The limb-length proportions of males from the Egyptian sites group them with Africans rather than with Europeans."

Barry Kemp, "Ancient Egypt Anatomy of a Civilisation. (2005) Routledge. p. 52-60

quote:
"When the Elephantine results were added to a broader pooling of the physical characteristics drawn from a wide geographic region which includes Africa, the Mediterranean and the Near East quite strong affinities emerge between Elephantine and populations from Nubia, supporting a strong south-north cline."
Barry Kemp. (2006) Ancient Egypt: Anatomy of a Civilization. p. 54
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

quote:

-

-

TP, in a "then and now photo post" has convincingly
shown what early to mid 20th century Black American
scholars had concluded, that in features and colour a
yalla gal married to a red boy, all obviously of native
African Egyptian ancestry.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:

quote:

quote:

-

-

TP, in a "then and now photo Iost" has convincingly
shown what early to mid 20th century Black American
scholars had concluded, that in features and colour a
yalla gal married to a red boy, all obviously of native
African Egyptian ancestry.

The prophecy has been fulfilled. [Cool] [Wink]
Superman
Member # 16230

Rate Member
Rahotep and Nofret are not Negro African. They look like Middle Eastern Arabs with high prominent noses. The couple in the photo are clearly mixed looking. Have they taken a genetic test to determine their ancestry?
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rahotep and Nofret are not Negro African. They look like Middle Eastern Arabs with high prominent noses. The couple in the photo are clearly mixed looking. Have they taken a genetic test to determine their ancestry?

OK, I'll bite and lower my own thread this once.

Have YOU taken a genetic test to determine your ancestry?

Bukra who shout the loudest are very often those
whites who cannot pass the true Blanco test due
to any combination of nose breadth, lip thickness,
"olive" complexion, brown eyes, and/or other features.

That's why you're here hangin' wi da homies instead of barnstorming at the front.

You ain't ever seed a couple like the statues and
in TP's photos outside of an African ancestry people.

So GTFOH [Big Grin] !

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afronut logic -

If its painted white its a fake by white racists.

If its painted dark brown or black its real.

They do they same with hair colour as well, or laughably resort to claiming red or blonde hair is only ''symbolic'' and not literal.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

-

Retard.

Look at the Bride's hands which are dark brown. [Roll Eyes]

She's just used skin lightening creme on her face, which is why her hands are still visibily brown.

the statue of nofret however is pale white.

I understand you hate being black, and suffer from a lot of self-hate as you crave to be white, but its really pathetic if you've starting now trolling claiming black woman or admixed negroids are naturally pale white skinned.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Ancient egyptians were white:

-

Clear evidence.

Note: In the other threads we have afrocentric nutters like Zaharan, Mike111 and so forth claiming pale white skin looks like a disease and is a cold adaptive mutation. Yet when the afronuts see an ancient white egyptian, they are now claiming blacks can have pale white skin. [Roll Eyes]

the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the white egyptians depicted the negro (a bestial face) -

-

white egyptians whipping blacks -

-

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to get drawn into AE black or white argument
by hateful bakras, this thread's more intelligent
posters have given objective reasons having nothing
to do with the pair's physical features as evidence of
possible fakery.

* two seperate slabs instead of a joint wife embracing husband couple
* hieroglyphs on the backrest not the seat's side or the statue's base
* hieroglyphs painted not carved
* black paint runs on Rahotep's neck
* white paint sploshes all over
* Nofret's dysharmonic seating

These among other details are tip-offs to the real
lilkelihood the statues may not be 4th Dyn executions.

NOTE: I call for restraint in effing with race bait
trolls bent on covering up the technical evidence and
plead for more contributions in true keeping with this
thread's subject matter.

Thanks,
- al~Takruri -

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
lol@ this rebuttal, now go cry me a river.lol

quote:
Originally posted by cassiterides:
quote:
 -

-

Retard.

Look at the Bride's hands which are dark brown. [Roll Eyes]

She's just used skin lightening creme on her face, which is why her hands are still visibily brown.

the statue of nofret however is pale white.

I understand you hate being black, and suffer from a lot of self-hate as you crave to be white, but its really pathetic if you've starting now trolling claiming black woman or admixed negroids are naturally pale white skinned.

-

-

quote:
Northern Egypt near the Mediterranean shows the same pattern- limb length data puts its peoples closer to tropically adapted Africans than cold climate Europeans

"...sample populations available from northern Egypt from before the 1st Dynasty (Merimda, Maadi and Wadi Digla) turn out to be significantly different from sample populations from early Palestine and Byblos, suggesting a lack of common ancestors over a long time. If there was a south-north cline variation along the Nile valley it did not, from this limited evidence, continue smoothly on into southern Palestine.

The limb-length proportions of males from the Egyptian sites group them with Africans rather than with Europeans."

Barry Kemp, "Ancient Egypt Anatomy of a Civilisation. (2005) Routledge. p. 52-60

quote:
"When the Elephantine results were added to a broader pooling of the physical characteristics drawn from a wide geographic region which includes Africa, the Mediterranean and the Near East quite strong affinities emerge between Elephantine and populations from Nubia, supporting a strong south-north cline."
Barry Kemp. (2006) Ancient Egypt: Anatomy of a Civilization. p. 54
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
How the white egyptians depicted the negro (a bestial face) -

-

There was never a white Egypt, that is only in your dreams.

1). Perhaps you aren't aware of this, but the figure above is of central African descent not Northeast African.

2). There are far more degrading depictions of Asiatics (80%) being captured, then those from southcentral Africa (Nuba). But how will you know? lol

This image is in a temple in the South of Egypt where it borders close to Sudan. The place known as Nubia. The people of Nubia have remained the same as the ancestry. And it's a proven peer reviewed scientific fact, that these are the closest to the ancient Egyptians.

This is also the place where Egypt started to emerge from the Sahara desert. Its also the place where Afrasian started to emerege and more.

All this at a time when Eurasia/ Caucasus was extremely cold due the ice age. And produced individuals who were cold adapted.

Chair of Princess Sitamun
Wood, partially gilded and silver-plated
Found in the tomb (KV 46)

-

Close up,

-  -

King Sahure and a Nome God (2458-2446 B.C.)

-

King Khasekhemwy,

-  -

-

lol

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

-

Those aren't white, those are Northeast Africans and Southcentral Africans.

Amenemhat I,

-

King Ahmose I (Aahmes I) brother/husband to Ahmose-Nefertari,

-

-

lol

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

lol at this slow minded idiot.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

columbusmagazine.

Harris and Wente note the prevalence of dental prognathism among Nubians. Often this is combined with malocclusion. Similar incidence can be found in other African peoples. For example, one study found that a sample taken from the Kenya showed 61.3% of Maasai had diastema; 84% of Kikuyu had overbite and 99% had overjet; and 24% of Kalenjin had anterior open bite. (J. Hassanali, GP Pokhariyal, "Anterior tooth relations in Kenyan Africans, Archives of Oral Biology 38 [Apr 1993] 337-42). Although these dental traits can often be acquired through habits like thumb-sucking, as noted by Harris and Wente, the high frequency in the royal mummies indicates a genetic origin as found in Africans.--P.K. Manansala

"The predominant craniometric pattern in the Abydos royal tombs is 'southern' (tropical African variant), and this is consistent with what would be expected based on the literature and other results... the Nagada and Kerma series are so similar that they were barely distinguishable in the territorial maps... they subsume the first dynasty series from Abydos."
S.O.Y. Keita, Studies of Ancient Crania From Northern Africa

"His (Sekenenra Tao) entire facial complex, in fact, is so different from other pharaohs (it is closest in fact to his son Ahmose) that he could be fitted more easily into the series of Nubian and Old Kingdom Giza skulls than into that of later Egyptian kings. Various scholars in the past have proposed a Nubian- that is, non-Egyptian-origin for Sequenre and his family, and his facial features suggest that this might indeed be true." James Harris & Edward Wente, X-ray Atlas of the Royal Mummies

The nubian mesolithic: A consideration of the Wadi Halfa remains

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Meredith F. Small* et al.

Morphological variation of the skeletal remains of ancient Nubia has been traditionally explained as a product of multiple migrations into the Nile Valley.

In contrast, various researchers have noted a continuity in craniofacial variation from Mesolithic through Neolithic times.

This apparent continuity could be explained by in situ cultural evolution producing shifts in selective pressures which may act on teeth, the facial complex, and the cranial vault.

A series of 13 Mesolithic skulls from Wadi Halfa, Sudan, are compared to Nubian Neolithic remains by means of extended canonical analysis.

Results support recent research which suggests consistent trends of facial reduction and cranial vault expansion from Mesolithic through Neolithic times.

Contour

Local man

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Afronut logic -

They do they same with hair colour as well, or laughably resort to claiming red or blonde hair is only ''symbolic'' and not literal.

Blah blah blah blab blah....lol @ this self proclaimed pseudo antrhrapologist. lol

More on the people who match the Ancient Egyptians in a continues model. From where the Egyptian culture arose.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Comparisons of linear body proportions of Old Kingdom and non-Old Kingdom period individuals, and workers and high officials in our sample found no statistically significant differences among them. Zakrzewski (2003) also found little evidence for differences in linear body proportions of Egyptians over a wider temporal range. In general, recent studies of skeletal variation among ancient Egyptians support scenarios of biological continuity through time. Irish (2006) analyzed quantitative and qualitative dental traits of 996 Egyptians from Neolithic through Roman periods, reporting the presence of a few outliers but concluding that the dental samples appear to be largely homogeneous and that the affinities observed indicate overall biological uniformity and continuity from Predynastic through Dynastic and Postdynastic periods.

Zakrzewski (2007) provided a comprehensive summary of previous Egyptian craniometric studies and examined Egyptian crania from six time periods. She found that the earlier samples were relatively more homogeneous in comparison to the later groups. However, overall results indicated genetic continuity over the Egyptian Predynastic and Early Dynastic periods, albeit with a high level of genetic diversity within the population, suggesting an indigenous process of state formation. She also concluded that while the biological patterning of the Egyptian population varied across time, no consistent temporal or spatial trends are apparent. Thus, the stature estimation formulae developed here may be broadly applicable to all ancient Egyptian populations..".

("Stature estimation in ancient Egyptians: A new technique based on anatomical reconstruction of stature." Michelle H. Raxter, Christopher B. Ruff, Ayman Azab, Moushira Erfan, Muhammad Soliman, Aly El-Sawaf,(Am J Phys Anthropol. 2008, Jun;136(2):147-55

AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 121:219–229 (2003)

Variation in Ancient Egyptian Stature and Body
Proportions Sonia R. Zakrzewski*
Department of Archaeology, University of Southampton, Southampton SO17 1BF, UK

'The ancient Egyptians have been described as having a “ Negroid” body plan (Robins, 1983).

Variations in the proximal to distal segments of each limb were therefore examined. Of the ratios considered, only maximum humerus length to maximum ulna length (XLH/XLU) showed statistically significant change through time.

This change was a relative decrease in the length of the humerus as compared with the ulna, suggesting the development of an increasingly African body plan with time.

This may also be the result of Nubian mercenaries being included in the sample from Gebelein.

The nature of the body plan was also investigated by comparing the intermembral, brachial, and crural indices for these samples with values obtained from the literature. No significant differences were found in either index through time for either sex. The raw values in Table 6 suggest that Egyptians had the “ super-Negroid ” body plan described by Robins (1983). The values for the brachial and crural indices show that the distal segments of each limb are longer relative to the proximal segments than in many “African” populations (data from Aiello and Dean, 1990). This pattern is supported by Figure 7 (a plot of population mean femoral and tibial lengths; data from Ruff, 1994), which indicates that the Egyptians generally have tropical body plans. Of the Egyptian samples, only the Badarian and Early Dynastic period populations have shorter tibiae than predicted from femoral length. Despite these differences, all samples lie relatively clustered together as compared to the other populations.'

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

lol

lol. Indeed you need to stop bulshitting.

Do you see their flaunts now?lol

http://www.quarryscapes.no/images/Egypt_sites/Aswan1.gif

Nubia's Oldest House?

Some of the most important evidence of early man in Nubia was discovered recently by an expedition of the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, under the direction of Dr. Kryzstof Grzymski, on the east bank of the Nile, about 70 miles (116 km) south of Dongola, Sudan. During the early 1990's, this team discovered several sites containing hundreds of Paleolithic hand axes. At one site, however, the team identified an apparent stone tool workshop, where thousands of sandstone hand axes and flakes lay on the ground around a row of large stones set in a line, suggesting the remains of a shelter. This seems to be the earliest "habitation" site yet discovered in the Nile Valley and may be up to 70,000 years old.

What the Nubian environment was like throughout these distant times, we cannot know with certainty, but it must have changed many times. For many thousands of years it was probably far different than what it is today. Between about 50,000 to 25,000 years ago, the hand axe gradually disappeared and was replaced with numerous distinctive chipped stone industries that varied from region to region, suggesting the presence in Nubia of many different peoples or tribal groups dwelling in close proximity to each other. When we first encounter skeletal remains in Nubia, they are those of modern man: homo sapiens*.

Nubia's Oldest Battle?

From about 25,000 to 8,000 years ago, the environment gradually evolved to its present state. From this phase several very early settlement sites have been identified at the Second Cataract, near the Egypt-Sudan border. These appear to have been used seasonally by people leading a semi-nomadic existence. The people hunted, fished, and ground wild grain. The first cemeteries also appear, suggesting that people may have been living at least partly sedentary lives. One cemetery site at Jebel Sahaba, near Wadi Halfa, Sudan, contained a number of bodies that had suffered violent deaths and were buried in a mass grave. This suggests that people, even 10,000 years ago, had begun to compete with each other for resources and were willing to kill each other to control them.

http://www.nubianet.org/about/about_history1.html

Busharia reveals the precocious appearance of pottery on the African continent around the 9th millennium B.C.

The site of Busharia is located near the desert, at the edge of the alluvial plain and near an old Nile channel. It reveals the remains of human occupation at the onset of the Holocene. The settlement is rather eroded, only a few artefacts, ostrich egg fragments and extremely old ceramic sherds remain. These sherds date to circa 8200 B.C. The ceramic assemblage is homogenous, which suggests the existence of a single occupation phase. The decorations and the use of the return technique, common in the central Sahara around the 6th millennium B.C., are unique in this Nubian context for such an early period.

Remains discovered on site suggest the existence of a semi-sedentary population living from hunting, fishing, and the gathering of wild plants. A trial trench and a small-scale excavation were conducted on this Mesolithic site; however, it is impossible to obtain at present a better understanding of the context related to the first ceramics in the region. As this site is located near cultivated zones, it is thus threatened with short-term destruction.

http://www.kerma.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=92

Three scale models—of the Mesolithic hut of el-Barga ( 7500 B.C. ), the proto-urban agglomeration of the Pre-Kerma (3000 B.C.) and the ancient city of Kerma (2500-1500 B.C.)—give a glimpse of the world of the living. They show the evolution of settlements for each of the key periods in Nubian history. Huts indicate the birth of a sedentary way of life, the agglomeration confirms the settling of populations on a territory and the capital of the Kingdom of Kerma marks the culmination of the complexification of Nubian architecture with its ever more monumental constructions. The three models were created in Switzerland by Hugo Lienhard and were installed in the museum in January 2009.

http://www.kerma.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6&Itemid=45&lang=en

Wadi el-Arab reveals an almost continuous series of settlement remains spanning two millennia as well as the first Neolithic burials known in Africa.

This site is located today in a desert region. Discovered in 2005, it has been under excavation since 2006. This is an open-air site occupied on several occasions during a period between 8300 and 6600 B.C. Its inhabitants then lived in a rather wooded environment, living on fishing, hunting and gathering.

The site reveals numerous flint tools and flakes, grinding stone fragments, ceramic sherds, ostrich eggshell beads, shells and mollusc remains, fish vertebrae and faunal remains. Rare domesticated ox bones were discovered and dated to circa 7000 B.C. This discovery is important for the question regarding the origin of animal domestication in Africa because it reinforces the idea of a local domestication of African oxen from aurochs living in the Nile Valley.

During the 2006-2007 campaign, six burial pits were excavated in three different areas. Dated to between 7000 and 6600, these burials are the first known Neolithic burials on the African continent.

http://www.kerma.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=57

Project Director : Prof. Matthieu Honegger

The Upper Palaeolithic Lithic Industry of Nazlet Khater 4 (Egypt): Implications for the Stone Age/Palaeolithic of Northeastern Africa

Authors: Leplongeon, Alice1; Pleurdeau, David2
Source: African Archaeological Review, Volume 28, Number 3, September 2011, pp. 213-236(24)

Abstract:

Between Marine Isotope Stage (MIS) 4 and 2, Northeast Africa witnessed migrations of Homo sapiens into Eurasia. Within the context of the aridification of the Sahara, the Nile Valley probably offered a very attractive corridor into Eurasia. This region and this period are therefore central for the (pre)history of the out-of-Africa peopling of modern humans. However, there are very few sites from the beginning of the Upper Palaeolithic that document these migration events. In Egypt, the site of Nazlet Khater 4 (NK4), which is related to ancient H. sapiens quarrying activities, is one of them. Its lithic assemblage shows an important laminar component, and this, associated with its chronological position (ca. 33 ka), means that the site is the most ancient Upper Palaeolithic sites of this region. The detailed study of the Nazlet Khater 4 lithic material shows that blade production (volumetric reduction) is also associated with flake production (surface reduction). This technological duality addresses the issue of direct attribution of NK4 to the Upper Palaeolithic.

Wadi Kubbaniya (ca. 17,000–15,000 B.C.)

In Egypt, the earliest evidence of humans can be recognized only from tools found scattered over an ancient surface, sometimes with hearths nearby. In Wadi Kubbaniya, a dried-up streambed cutting through the Western Desert to the floodplain northwest of Aswan in Upper Egypt, some interesting sites of the kind described above have been recorded. A cluster of Late Paleolithic camps was located in two different topographic zones: on the tops of dunes and the floor of the wadi (streambed) where it enters the valley. Although no signs of houses were found, diverse and sophisticated stone implements for hunting, fishing, and collecting and processing plants were discovered around hearths. Most tools were bladelets made from a local stone called chert that is widely used in tool fabrication. The bones of wild cattle, hartebeest, many types of fish and birds, as well as the occasional hippopotamus have been identified in the occupation layers. Charred remains of plants that the inhabitants consumed, especially tubers, have also been found.

It appears from the zoological and botanical remains at the various sites in this wadi that the two environmental zones were exploited at different times. We know that the dune sites were occupied when the Nile River flooded the wadi because large numbers of fish and migratory bird bones were found at this location. When the water receded, people then moved down onto the silt left behind on the wadi floor and the floodplain, probably following large animals that looked for water there in the dry season. Paleolithic peoples lived at Wadi Kubbaniya for about 2,000 years, exploiting the different environments as the seasons changed. Other ancient camps have been discovered along the Nile from Sudan to the Mediterranean, yielding similar tools and food remains. These sites demonstrate that the early inhabitants of the Nile valley and its nearby deserts had learned how to exploit local environments, developing economic strategies that were maintained in later cultural traditions of pharaonic Egypt.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/wadi/hd_wadi.htm

*Wadi Halfa is present North Sudan.

*Wadi Kubbaniya is present Southern Egypt.

-  -

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -

quote:
Afronut logic -

Wbeaah Wbeaah bweaa ....lol

-

Analysis of Hair Samples of Mummies from Semna South, American Journal of Physical Anthropology, (1978) 49: 277-262

As Brothwell and Spearman (‘63) point out, reddish-brown ancient hair is usually the result of partial oxidation of the melanin pigment. This color was seen in a large proportion of the Semna sample, and also noted by Titlbachova and Titlbach (‘77) on Egyptian material, where it also may have resulted from the mummification process. However, the large number of blond hairs that are not associated with the cuticular damage that bleaching produces, probably points to a significantly lighter-haired population than is now present in the Nubian region. Brothwell and Spearman (’63) noted genuinely blond ancient Egyptian samples using reflectance spectrophotometry. Blondism, especially in young children, is common in many darkhaired populations (e.g., Australian, Melanesian), and is still found in some Nubian villages (J. Zabkar, personal communication).

Only one sample (M197) showed cuticular damage and irregularities definitely consistent with bleaching, although bleaching could not be ruled out in some of the blond samples.

-

pdf file

Women in ancient Egypt

-

The Cambridge ancient history, Volumes 1-3

In the early 20th century much was made over the ancestry of Hetepheres II. A relief from the tomb of her daughter, Meresankh III, depicts the queen with blonde hair.

However, closer inspection reveals that she was not a natural blonde, but rather the owner of a unique and, we can speculate, much coveted blonde wig.

-

As we can see below is a North Egyptian woman, from Cairo. Her complexion is the same as Hetep Heres. And even has the same facial features.

-  -

Limestone statue of Hetep-Heres II (mother) and Meres-Ankh III (daughter) from their tomb G 7530-7540 at Giza, dating to the 4th Dynasty. Paired statues of mother and daughters are common (but less so that husband and wife pairs). Queen Hetep-Heres was a daughter of King Khufu and was married to Prince Kawab. Meres-Ankh is known to have died before her mother and was married to King Khafra (builder of the second great pyramid at Giza) and the statue was a gift from her mother.

Am J Phys Anthropol, 2008.

Stature estimation;anatomical method;regression formulae; Egyptians

Abstract

Trotter and Gleser's (Trotter and Gleser: Am J Phys Anthropol 10 (1952) 469–514; Trotter and Gleser: Am J Phys Anthropol 16 (1958) 79–123) long bone formulae for US Blacks or derivations thereof (Robins and Shute: Hum Evol 1 (1986) 313–324) have been previously used to estimate the stature of ancient Egyptians. However, limb length to stature proportions differ between human populations; consequently, the most accurate mathematical stature estimates will be obtained when the population being examined is as similar as possible in proportions to the population used to create the equations. The purpose of this study was to create new stature regression formulae based on direct reconstructions of stature in ancient Egyptians and assess their accuracy in comparison to other stature estimation methods. We also compare Egyptian body proportions to those of modern American Blacks and Whites. Living stature estimates were derived using a revised Fully anatomical method (Raxter et al.: Am J Phys Anthropol 130 (2006) 374–384). Long bone stature regression equations were then derived for each sex. Our results confirm that, although ancient Egyptians are closer in body proportion to modern American Blacks than they are to American Whites, proportions in Blacks and Egyptians are not identical. The newly generated Egyptian-based stature regression formulae have standard errors of estimate of 1.9–4.2 cm. All mean directional differences are less than 0.4% compared to anatomically estimated stature, while results using previous formulae are more variable, with mean directional biases varying between 0.2% and 1.1%, tibial and radial estimates being the most biased. There is no evidence for significant variation in proportions among temporal or social groupings; thus, the new formulae may be broadly applicable to ancient Egyptian remains.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.20790/abstract

An examination of Nubian and Egyptian biological distances: Support for biological diffusion or in situ development?

K. Goddea, b, Corresponding Author Contact Information

a Department of Anthropology, University of Tennessee

b Department of Science, South College

Abstract

Many authors have speculated on Nubian biological evolution. Because of the contact Nubians had with other peoples, migration and/or invasion (biological diffusion) were originally thought to be the biological mechanism for skeletal changes in Nubians. Later, a new hypothesis was put forth, the in situ hypothesis. The new hypothesis postulated that Nubians evolved in situ, without much genetic influence from foreign populations. This study examined 12 Egyptian and Nubian groups in an effort to explore the relationship between the two populations and to test the in situ hypothesis. Data from nine cranial nonmetric traits were assessed for an estimate of biological distance, using Mahalanobis D2 with a tetrachoric matrix. The distance scores were then input into principal coordinates analysis (PCO) to depict the relationships between the two populations. PCO detected 60% of the variation in the first two principal coordinates. A plot of the distance scores revealed only one cluster; the Nubian and Egyptian groups clustered together. The grouping of the Nubians and Egyptians indicates there may have been some sort of gene flow between these groups of Nubians and Egyptians. However, common adaptation to similar environments may also be responsible for this pattern. Although the predominant results in this study appear to support the biological diffusion hypothesis, the in situ hypothesis was not completely negated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19766993

Comparisons of linear body proportions of Old Kingdom and non-Old Kingdom period individuals, and workers and high officials in our sample found no statistically significant differences among them. Zakrzewski (2003) also found little evidence for differences in linear body proportions of Egyptians over a wider temporal range. In general, recent studies of skeletal variation among ancient Egyptians support scenarios of biological continuity through time. Irish (2006) analyzed quantitative and qualitative dental traits of 996 Egyptians from Neolithic through Roman periods, reporting the presence of a few outliers but concluding that the dental samples appear to be largely homogeneous and that the affinities observed indicate overall biological uniformity and continuity from Predynastic through Dynastic and Postdynastic periods.

Zakrzewski (2007) provided a comprehensive summary of previous Egyptian craniometric studies and examined Egyptian crania from six time periods. She found that the earlier samples were relatively more homogeneous in comparison to the later groups. However, overall results indicated genetic continuity over the Egyptian Predynastic and Early Dynastic periods, albeit with a high level of genetic diversity within the population, suggesting an indigenous process of state formation. She also concluded that while the biological patterning of the Egyptian population varied across time, no consistent temporal or spatial trends are apparent. Thus, the stature estimation formulae developed here may be broadly applicable to all ancient Egyptian populations..".

("Stature estimation in ancient Egyptians: A new technique based on anatomical reconstruction of stature." Michelle H. Raxter, Christopher B. Ruff, Ayman Azab, Moushira Erfan, Muhammad Soliman, Aly El-Sawaf,(Am J Phys Anthropol. 2008, Jun;136(2):147-55

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately photos at the time were in b&w
but here's what the "discoverer" had to say.

-
 -
 -

-  -

Judging by the pre-1909 photo at top compared
to the two of our times, Nofret's left hand looks
to have her fingers painted over since then?

Tukuler
Member # 19944

The Egyptian Museum in Cairo prefers the following photo and text.

-

Seated Statues of Rahotep and Nofret
Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, Sneferu, ca. 2575-2551 BC
Limestone, Pigment (Unspecified), Quartz/Rock Crystal
Fayum Region, Maidum (Meidum), North Mastaba Field, 6: Rahotep and Nofret, Hall
Excavated by A. Daninos, A. Mariette for the EAS (Egyptian Antiquities Service) in 1871
H: 120 cm

CG 3 - CG 4, SR 2/ 15207
These statues of prince Rahotep and his wife, Nofret, are remarkably well-preserved due to their burial in their tomb at Meidum, discovered in 1871. They sit on high-backed chairs that bear their titles and names. He is identified as a priest of Heliopolis, superintendent of works, commander of troops and a son of king Sneferu. Nofret is "one who knows the king", a high honor during this time. The simplicity of the composition is balanced by the regal demeanor expressed in the pose of the bodies and the life-like quality in their faces. The eyes, inlaid with painted quartz that is overlaid with rock crystal corneas, are astoundingly realistic, the best examples of this Old Kingdom technique. Their light hazel color lends them an ethereal quality that commands our full attention. They are delicately lined with black eye paint with the outer corners slightly extended and the inner as a fine line reaching to the base of the nose, another fashion of Old Kingdom portraiture. His face is suitably heavier than her feminine one, with his nose and mouth larger and less delicately formed, and her brows just a little more elegantly extended. His well-trimmed mustache is thickly painted to give it character, and the fullness of her face and under her chin portrays a softness to offset the severity of her tightly-wrapped cloak, a symbol of high status. The details of her breasts portray the nurturing qualities inherent in her gender. Her brightly-colored broad collar and head band give her costume the color it needs. Her wig consists of very fine strands of tightly twisted or braided cornrows and her natural hair that has been parted and drawn back, can be seen resting on her forehead under the wig. Her husband, by contrast, is seen with a natural short cut and a simple thin chain and small pendant. His contrast is achieved by leaving his body unclothed except for his simple white kilt, tied at the waist. His physique portrays the Egyptian ideal male body - slenderness with a constrained, yet powerful musculature and broad shoulders. Her figure, despite the full cloak, shows the same ideal slenderness with full breasts, attributes of ideal femininity. The difference in skin color is one that is part of the usual Egyptian of depicting men as darker toned than women, perhaps as preference in reality or perhaps for contrast in artistic compositions, especially two-dimensional, overlapping representations. It is rule that is not strictly followed. There is a curious contradiction in this finely painted piece - there are blotches of white paint that fall on Rahotep's arms, knees and chin. It seems the artist, so careful with fine details, was clumsy at some point filling in the white paint of the the chair. Small damages occur on the head, etc., but these can be attributed to moving the pieces at some point.
Notes:

Parent record to CG 3: Rahotep, and CG 4: Nofret.
Maspero 1915: Excavators. Tiradritti 1999: Materials, dating; PM: Dyn. 3; CG/SR: Dyn. 4.
Category:

Sculpture in the Round
Bibliography:

[Book] Tiradritti, Francesco. 1999. Treasures of the Egyptian Museum.
p. 62f
[Catalogue] Maspero, Gaston. 1915. Guide du Visiteur au Musée du Caire.
No. 223, p. 81f, fig. 29
[Catalogue] Bongioanni, Alessandro, et al. 2001. The Illustrated Guide to the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
p.78-79
[Catalogue] Maspero, Gaston. 1883. Guide du Visiteur au Musee de Boulaq.
p. 221, no. 1050.

[Display] EMC - R32

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
 -
quote:

Does it not serve as an indication of them being on the same page as Afrocentrics with reference to each of the statues? The suspicion and curiosity is already there.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Originally posted by Djehuti:

^ Makes perfect sense. One can see that both statues possess traces of darker paint with Nofret being more yellow than pale and Rahotep more brown than yellow.

-

It still amazes me how the Euronuts would claim the black man's face above as "caucasian"! Comes to show how desperate these losers are.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Contrary to popular belief, i personally consider each of these statues to be of lower quality in terms of workmanship from the 4th dynasty. The highlighted detected oddities betrays its value, the paint application on Rahotep and Nofret are notably of poor workmanship as with the overall construction of the statues. During the 4th dynasty (Pyramid Age) there was such a high level of artistic perfection. I would never expect a high ranking artist coming from the 4th dynastic period to be careless with their creation.

quote:
 -
I'm somewhat surprised on how the writers of The Egyptian Museum failed to take notice of the dried black paint dripping from his hairline.
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Originally posted by Djehuti:

^ Yes, and it is this poor quality along with some other unconventional features of the portrait such as the mdu neter painted on the backboards of the chairs that many including scholars once thought these portraits were fake.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com