EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Is Kmtian wavy and straight hair the only trait not shared with Ancient Nubians? (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Is Kmtian wavy and straight hair the only trait not shared with Ancient Nubians?
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Faheemdunkers:
Why is Fletcher listed above as someone who opposes racial hair categorization?

Joann Fletcher, a consultant to the Bioanthropology Foundation in the UK, in what she calls an "absolute, thorough study of all ancient Egyptian hair samples" — relied on various techniques, such as electron microscopy and chromatography to analyze hair samples (Parks, 2000). She discovered that most of the natural hair types and those used for hairpieces were made of what she calls "Caucasian-type" hair, including even instances of blonde and red hair:

"The vast majority of hair samples discovered at the site were cynotrichous (Caucasian) in type as opposed to heliotrichous (Negroid), a feature which is standard through dynastic times."
- Fletcher, Joann. (2002). "Ancient Egyptian Hair and Wigs", The Ostracon: The Journal of the Egyptian Study Society, xiii. 2.

Where is any of the above written, in this publication?

VOLUME 13, NUMBER 2; SUMMER 2002

http://www.egyptstudy.org/ostracon/vol13_2.pdf

quote:
Worse was to come. Zahi Hawass, secretary general of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA) labeled the idea "pure fiction." Moreover, he disinvited Fletcher from future work in Egypt. Hawass explained this action in an article in the newspaper Al-Ahram: "There are more than 300 foreign expeditions currently working in Egypt, and they all follow the same guidelines. We grant concessions to any scholar affiliate to a scientific or educational institution, and it has long been accepted code of ethics that any discovery made during excavations should first be reported to the SCA. By going first to the press with what might be considered a great discovery, Dr. Fletcher broke the bond made by York University with the Egyptian authorities. And by putting out in the popular media what is considered by most scholars to be an unsound theory, Dr. Fletcher has broken the rules and therefore, at least until we have reviewed the situation with her university, she must be banned from working in Egypt." This action was attacked in a London Times article, prompting another response by Hawass in which serious questions were raised concerning Fletcher's training."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuT-Y4_8G0

http://archive.archaeology.org/online/reviews/nefertiti/index.html

Encyclopedia of hair: a cultural history

Posts: 22249 | From: Omni | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:

So again, why is that all Africans need to have the same type of hair texture while living in a different ecosystem?

I said some indigenous Africans might have curly or bushy hair.
And the Khosians have peppercorn.
So there are four types I already mentioned so why are you straw maning?

quote:

Don't rush into straight hair, lets take it one step at a time.

let me know when you're ready

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol

Northeast Africa, Egypt has "cold winters", and is overall cold during nights. The South of Egypt too. I have explained and shown this to you more than once.

Nevertheless it's not as cold as Turkey, Afghanistan, Chicago, Russia. most of China

Maybe that's why you put "cold winter" in quotes

Winter in Egypt.
don't forget your mittens. wool sweater and snow shovel

Troll Patty, show us some pictures of indengenous African Egyptians with straight hair

-

^^^ not people like this, bless his soul, who are half African half European

Why do you think the wooly Mammoth and other cold climate mammals have long hair?
 -

LOL

As aspected you are running from the questions, again as usually. With nonsense distractions about Turkey winters etc ...blah blah blah. It's relatively cold in the Sahara, but considering the high and low temperature it becomes extreme. At least it can get below zero. (I know, you don't). Therefore I can claim firmly, it's cold enough to bring physical change.

"wool sweater" your racist sarcasm will become your destruction. Because in fact people do wear winter jackets. Yes, those tick once. It's up just more evidence that you don't know what you're talking about! And no, we have never shown you Southern Egyptians with "curly-straight hair". src lol

-

-

-

Repeat,

- why is it not possible for Africans to have different hair texture when they live (and have lived) in different ecosystems.

I have need seen your testament on, perhaps you can link it.

quote:

But let's "hypothetically" say you did state: "some might have curly hair".

My next question becomes, how is this curly hair rooted in the fossil?

- can it be loose, or is it always tight?

You know how a pat can decapitation your head off, right? The chopping has begun.

Ps. Steady Patrolling!

Posts: 22249 | From: Omni | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ I am not talking about Native Americans or Chinese people, I am talking about Africans. Did you know that Africa is multiple times larger than China, and in case you didn't know China has multiple ethnic groups too, so it is with Native Americans. Also, mankind inhabited Africa much longer then these other places.

-

So again, why is that all Africans need to have the same type of hair texture while living in a different ecosystem?

Don't rush into straight hair, lets take it one step at a time. And no, I didn't mention dreadlocks.

Northeast Africa, Egypt has "cold winters", and is overall cold during nights. The South of Egypt too. I have explained and shown this to you more than once.

Ps. I speak of personal experience, where you don't.

Agreed...
Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troll show and prove

unless you can show me some a) photos of indigenous African adult males with straight hair from Egypt AND b) in the art I can't take you seriously

when I say straight I don't mean bushy stiff stuff.
Hair that would grow downward if long enough and easily cover the shoulders.

Who are these people?

And clear photos none of this shadowy bad quality fuzzy stuff
a) and b)

put up or shut up

thanks, lioness

Posts: 43094 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Troll show and prove

unless you can show me some a) photos of indigenous African adult males with straight hair from Egypt AND b) in the art I can't take you seriously

when I say straight I don't mean bushy stiff stuff.
Hair that would grow downward if long enough and easily cover the shoulders.

Who are these people?

And clear photos none of this shadowy bad quality fuzzy stuff
a) and b)

put up or shut up

thanks, lioness

LOL, at your distraction tactics. And running your ass off like hell!

It has been over a year now, and still no answer. To why is it not possible for Africans who live ( have lived) in different ecosystems to have different hair texture. LOL

-

Even Europeans who are used to "cold weather" wear winter jackets" including the "infamous wool sweaters", during the winter time in Egypt.lol
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^ I gave you an answer you just think it's wrong. This is what you call running

quote:
"wool sweater" your racist sarcasm

you cry racism to easily, it's become a habit.
Posts: 43094 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^^^ I gave you an answer you just think it's wrong. This is what you call running

QUOTE]Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
"wool sweater" your racist sarcasm

you cry racism to easily, it's become a habit. [/QUOTE]

You haven't answered my question, what you have done was divert and distract from the questions. And even became racist! Since my question has been, why do all Africans have to have the same hair texture despite of living (and have lived) in different ecosystems. Some times for thousands up thousands of years.

So, again, curly hair:

- can it be loose, or is it always tight in the root of the fossil?

quote:
quote:

Btw, are mixed?lol
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

You haven't answered my question, what you have done was divert and distract from the questions. And even became racist!

So, again, curly hair:

get your shyt together do you mean fossil or folicle?

and you continue "running" from straight hair, with the frizzy chicks up

I said adult males, photos

and in the art

and no frizzies

Mikemikev
Member # 20844

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikemikev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troll Patrol, hair texture and skin hue has nothing to do with temperature, but UV Index or ground solar radiation level.

-

NASA map
http://www.drb-mattech.co.uk/uv%20map.html

As you can see, Africa has the lowest UV Index spectrum diversity as a continent. Screaming "Africans are the most diverse!!!" every second doesn't change this fact.

Wherever you are in Africa - you're going to be exposed to sunlight and high UV radiation, even if you're standing on Mount Kilimanjaro which is cold...

Wavy/Straight hair and light skin did not evolve in Africa.

Dark skin and woolly/frizzy hair are native adaptations to the entire latitudes that cover Africa which extend across to India, and New Guinea.

Guha, B.S. (1928). "Negrito racial strain in India". Nature (Lond.), 121: 793 (1928)
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v123/n3112/abs/123942b0.html

" As a result of further investigations in the adjoining hills made this year, I was able to find 10 more individuals showing spirally curved hair, making a total of 16 (a little more than 10 per cent) out of 157 men and women measured. Of the 10 individuals found this year, 8 were Kadars, and the remaining two were a Pulayan and a Malser. The hair of all of these except two, who have very short spirals (Fig. 1a), are of frizzly type similar to that of the Melanesians (Fig. 1b), matching No. ‘g’ in Martin’s scheme (“Lehrbuch”, 2nd edition, vol. 1, p. 213)."

Posts: 873 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

You haven't answered my question, what you have done was divert and distract from the questions. And even became racist!

So, again, curly hair:

get your shyt together do you mean fossil or folicle?

and you continue "running" from straight hair, with the frizzy chicks up

I said adult males, photos

and in the art

and no frizzies

Yes I meant "follicle", I misspelled it. And so did you.

Now anwer my question.

Why is is it possible for Africans who live (have lived) in different ecosystems to have different hair texture.

I am still waiting...

Btw, if I post females (as I did) it's just as good, you dumbo!

You will not see makes with long hair like that in South of Egypt. At least, I personally have not seen this.

Arguing with me instead of answering me is nonsense, since you've already proven that you don't know anything about the region. This happend on multiple occations too.lol

So, again, curly hair:

- can it be loose, or is it always tight in the root of the follicle?

By the way, are you "mixed"?

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Troll Patrol, hair texture and skin hue has nothing to do with temperature, but UV Index or ground solar radiation level.

-

NASA map

As you can see, Africa has the lowest UV Index spectrum diversity as a continent. Screaming "Africans are the most diverse!!!" every second doesn't change this fact.

Wherever you are in Africa - you're going to be exposed to sunlight and high UV radiation, even if you're standing on Mount Kilimanjaro which is cold...

Dark skin and woolly/frizzy hair are native adaptations to the entire latitudes that cover Africa which extend across to India, and New Guinea.

Guha, B.S. (1928). "Negrito racial strain in India". Nature (Lond.), 121: 793 (1928)

" As a result of further investigations in the adjoining hills made this year, I was able to find 10 more individuals showing spirally curved hair, making a total of 16 (a little more than 10 per cent) out of 157 men and women measured. Of the 10 individuals found this year, 8 were Kadars, and the remaining two were a Pulayan and a Malser. The hair of all of these except two, who have very short spirals (Fig. 1a), are of frizzly type similar to that of the Melanesians (Fig. 1b), matching No. ‘g’ in Martin’s scheme (“Lehrbuch”, 2nd edition, vol. 1, p. 213)."

It has to do with UV. And UV has to do with climates, climates deal i.e. with temperature and other conditions such as humidity! Climates effect and can cause mutations (alleles / locus). Mutations bring change some fixed some unfixed, this is why we have different types of people all over the globe. Btw, this goes for flora and fauna also.lol

-

-

Bye bye!

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

yes less intensity of UV would require skin less dark skin and it also enables faster absorption of vitamin D in lower UV region

Now explain how hair texture has to do with UV when most scientists think it's temperature related

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Egypt Climate

Throughout Egypt, days are commonly warm or hot, and nights are cool. Egypt has only two seasons: a mild winter from November to April and a hot summer from May to October. The only differences between the seasons are variations in daytime temperatures and changes in prevailing winds. In the coastal regions, temperatures range between an average minimum of 14 C (57 F) in winter and an average maximum of 30 C (86 F) in summer.

Temperatures vary widely in the inland desert areas, especially in summer, when they may range from 7 C (45 F) at night to 43 C (109 F) during the day. During winter, temperatures in the desert fluctuate less dramatically, but they can be as low as 0 C (32 F) at night and as high as 18 C (64 F) during the day.

The average annual temperature increases moving southward from the Delta to the Sudanese border, where temperatures are similar to those of the open deserts to the east and west. In the north, the cooler temperatures of Alexandria during the summer have made the city a popular resort. Throughout the Delta and the northern Nile Valley, there are occasional winter cold spells accompanied by light frost and even snow. At Aswan, in the south, June temperatures can be as low as 10 C (50 F) at night and as high as 41 C (106 F) during the day when the sky is clear.

Mikemikev
Member # 20844

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikemikev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now explain how hair texture has to do with UV when most scientists think it's temperature related
Northern latitudes have a low UV index. Light skin is a northern borealized adaptation to increase UV in-take, the same way straight-wavy hair textures better facilitate UV light into the hair root as Iyengar's (1998) experiment showed. Note that at northern latitudes, sunlight is reflected off snow/ice/frost - hence long lank hair over the face can absorb more UV, as opposed to spiralled or frizzy hair textures.

Iyengar, B. (1998). "The hair follicle is a specialized UV receptor in human skin?". Bio Signals Recep. 7(3): 188–194.

Posts: 873 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Northern latitudes have a low UV index. Light skin is a northern borealized adaptation to increase UV in-take, the same way straight-wavy hair textures better facilitate UV light into the hair root as Iyengar's (1998) experiment showed. Note that at northern latitudes, sunlight is reflected off snow/ice/frost - hence long lank hair over the face can absorb more UV, as opposed to spiralled or frizzy hair textures.

Iyengar, B. (1998). "The hair follicle is a specialized UV receptor in human skin?". Bio Signals Recep. 7(3): 188–194.

According to the recent single origin hypothesis, anatomically modern humans arose in East Africa approximately 200,000 years ago. Then, ~150,000 years later (i.e. around 50,000 years ago), sub-groups of this population began to expand our species' range to regions outside of, and (later) within, this continent (Tishkoff, 1996). For those members of this group who migrated far north (i.e. to northern Eurasia, etc.), the UV light of these regions was too weak to penetrate the highly pigmented skin of the initially (relatively) dark-skinned migrants so as to provide enough vitamin D for healthy bone development.[36] Malformed bones in the pelvic area were especially deadly for women because they interfered with the successful delivery of babies, leading to the death of both the mother and the infant during labor. Hence, those with less pigmented skin survived and had children at higher rates because their skin allowed more UV light for the production of vitamin D.[36] Thus, the skin of those in the group that left the African continent and went far north gradually developed adaptations for relatively greater translucence compared to equatorial hues. This enabled the passage of more UV light into the body at high latitudes, facilitating the natural human body-process of manufacturing vitamin D (which is essential for bone development) in response to said light.[36]

In this sense, the evidence with regard to the evolution of straight hair texture seems to support Jablonski's suggestions [36] that the need for vitamin D triggered the transition from dark to pale, translucent skin among modern humans. Specifically, the distribution of this trait suggests that this need may have (initially) grown so intense at certain (early) points that those among said (initially more deeply pigmented skinned) Northern-migrants with mutations for straighter hair survived and had children at (somewhat) higher rates. This early change in texture was likely subsequently followed by the accumulation of adaptively advantageous genetic changes that led to the above-mentioned skin-translucence. This argument is made based on the principle that straight fibers better facilitate the passage of UV light into the body relative to curly hair. It is substantiated by Iyengar's (1998) findings that UV light can pass through straight human hair roots in a manner similar to the way that light passes through fiber optic tubes (Iyengar, 1998).

Man with straight hair
Nonetheless, some argue[who?] against this stance because straighter hair ends tend to point downward while fiber optics requires that light be transmitted at a high angle to the normal of the inner reflective surface. In light of this, they suggest that only light reflected from the ground could successfully enter the hair follicle and be transmitted down the shaft. Even this process, they argue, is hindered by the curvature at the base of the hair. Therefore, coupled with the amount of skin covered by long head hair, these factors seem to militate against the adaptive usefulness of straight hair at northern latitudes. They further argue[who?] that UV light also is poorly reflected from soil and dull surfaces. These ideas can be countered by the fact that during the winter, the time of year in which UV light is most scarce at northern latitudes, the ground is often covered with white snow. Given that white is the most effective color in terms of facilitating the reflection of ground light, the hypothesis that straight hair could have been adaptively favorable, cannot be fully discounted in this regard.[citation needed] In addition, as mentioned in the previous section, straight hair also may have contributed to enhanced comfort levels in the north. This is evident in the extent to which, relative to curly hair, it tends to provide a layer of protection for ears and necks against the cold.[citation needed]

The latter hypothesis seems the more plausible evolution determinant as the surface area of the head is minute compared to the remainder of the body, thus the energy required in producing long hair for the express purpose of "optical" amplification of UV light reflected from the snow seems counterproductive (however, it's very likely that the trait was sustained due to a nuanced combination of multiple influences, given that human hunting-skills and ingenuity were such by 50,000 years ago that said benefits in terms of 'comfort' could have alternatively been derived from constructing head and ear warmers of fur from prey, etc.). Scientists point to the fact that straight hair found in many ethnic groups is denser as well and has a greater ability to "show" as it does not coil, hence providing more warmth as the likely deterministic factor for the evolution of straight long hair. Some scientists argue that since the head and appendages are the greatest areas for heat loss from the body, the ability to grow long hair on the crown of the head as well as the face provides a distinct advantage in a cold climate. Since the main sensory organs are anatomically located on the head, long hair provides the necessary warmth and protection in a cold climate that allows the use of these organs by exposing them to the elements to "sense", in for example a hunt, yet still providing necessary warmth and protection to sustain prolonged exposure. It may be argued, therefore, that the ability to grow long, straight, densely packed hair provides a distinct evolutionary advantage in cold climate; however, it would be a distinct disadvantage in a hot climate, when compared to loosely packed, spongy, closely cropped hair.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lyinass,:

^^^ notice how Troll makes no statements just posts pictures as if we are supposed to guess what his stance is. timid

Actually Troll Patrol makes a lot statements more so than pictures, but apparently you like to focus on pictures like a small child than on text that makes sense of things.

quote:
Did Hesire have an afro? I don't know for sure
ask Djeshootme he knows everything

LOL Typical troll tactic of yours-- once you get busted you then deflect to other folks like myself. Of course I don't know "everything" just because I know significantly more than you (which is the case for average people). The general idea was that the afro is Hesira's natural hair since his ear shows while the others are wigs. Could Hesira be bald and the afro a wig as well? It's not impossible.

-

By the way, the wig above is NOT hair at all but plant material. This can seen by the the long even bands. If you know anything about Egyptian or even African wigs which use plant fibers you would know this.

Posts: 26472 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fatheadbonkers:

No sh|t! Of course UV rays affect the evolution of such traits, Troll Patrol told you this on the previous page! LOL

quote:
 -

NASA map

Africa may have the lowest UV spectrum diversity, but as that map shows it still is the continent with the highest UV spectrum hence BLACK skin evolved among the human species who evolved on that continent. Also the reason why Africans are most diverse is because of the fact that they are oldest of human populations and thus the most genetically diverse. They are the oldest populations because again the human species evolved in Africa and non-Africans descend from only a small branch of East Africans who left the continent.

quote:
Yet UV radiation on the continent depends on latitude. The higher the latitude the less UV rays.

quote:
Yet Khoisan are relatively light of course not as light as say northern Eurasians i.e. Europeans and East Asians, but still lighter than stereotypical black. And we have wavy hair existing among the blackest populations in the Sahara and Sahel who live in the most intense UV spectrum. What do you call that?

quote:
But so too is wavy/straight hair, again among black populations.

quote:

Yet Melanesians are closest related to Australian aborigines who have wavy/straight hair. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26472 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Biol Signals Recept. 1998 May-Jun;7(3):188-94.
The hair follicle: a specialised UV receptor in the human skin?
Iyengar B.
Source
Institute of Pathology (ICMR), New Delhi, India.
Abstract

quote:
Coat colour changes in polar animals are related to seasonal variation in photic inputs. The present work was performed to study the photoresponses of hair follicular melanocytes in human skin. The melanocytes, being photosensitive cells, can function as UV biosensors, since dendrites extend towards the source of UV light. Fifty-one skin biopsies from the margin of vitiligo were subjected to whole skin organ cultures. These were exposed to a pulse of UV light to study hair bulb melanocytes in vitiligo. It is observed that the melanocytes are seen within the anagen matrix. These melanocytes are poorly dendritic in control and dark-incubated cultures. On UV exposure, they become highly dendritic, the dendrites extending towards the hair shaft in 93.5%. They show prominent catechol oxidase and noradrenaline positivity, all features of UV responsiveness. The melanocytes within the hair follicle are not directly exposed to UV light. The melanocyte dendricity and the alignment of dendrites towards the shaft on UV exposure indicate that the columns of the cells in the hair shaft act as an efficient fibre-optic system, transmitting UV light. Morphologically, the keratinocytes in the hair shaft are arranged in compressed linear columns which resemble the coaxial bundles of commercial fibre-optic strands as is observed in plants. Keratinocytes in the inner and outer sheaths do not show this arrangement. Thus the hair follicle functions as a specialised UV receptor in the skin responding to nuances of photic inputs in human skin. This is reflected in coat colour changes in animals exposed to large variations in day-night cycles.

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
A number sign (#) is used with this entry because of evidence that variation in the SLC24A5 gene (609802) influences skin, hair, and eye pigmentation.

For a general phenotypic description and a discussion of genetic heterogeneity of variation in skin, hair, and eye pigmentation, see 227220.

Lighter variations of pigmentation in humans are associated with diminished number, size, and density of melanosomes, the pigmented organelles of the melanocytes. Lamason et al. (2005) showed that zebrafish 'golden' (slc24a5) mutants share these melanosomal changes. To evaluate the potential impact of SLC24A5 (609802) on the evolution of human skin pigmentation, Lamason et al. (2005) looked for polymorphisms within the gene. They noted that the G and A alleles of the single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs1426654 encoded an alanine or threonine, respectively, at amino acid 111 in the third exon of SLC24A5 (609802.0001). The allele frequency for the thr111 variant ranged from 98.7% to 100% among several European-American population samples, whereas the ancestral alanine allele had a frequency of 93 to 100% in African, indigenous American, and East Asian population samples. The difference in allele frequencies between the African and European populations at rs1426654 was consistent with the possibility that this SNP has been a target of natural or sexual selection.

Based on the average pigmentation difference between European-Americans and African Americans of about 30 melanin units, the results of Lamason et al. (2005) suggested that variation in SLC24A5 explains between 25 and 38% of the European-African difference in skin melanin index. Because Africans and East Asians share the ancestral ala111 allele of rs1426654 (609802.0001), this polymorphism cannot be responsible for the marked difference in skin pigmentation between these groups.

Stokowski et al. (2007) demonstrated an association between the SNP rs1426654 and skin pigmentation variation in individuals of South Asian descent.

Animal Model
Lamason et al. (2005) stated that the zebrafish 'golden' phenotype causes hypopigmentation of skin melanophores and retinal pigment epithelium (RPE). The golden phenotype is characterized by delayed and reduced development of melanin pigmentation. At approximately 48 hours postfertilization, melanin pigmentation is evident in the melanophores and RPE of wildtype embryos but is not apparent in golden embryos. By 72 hours postfertilization, golden melanophores and RPE begin to develop pigmentation that is lighter than that of wildtype. In adult zebrafish, the melanophore-rich dark stripes are considerably lighter in golden compared with wildtype animals. The melanophores of golden zebrafish are thinner and contain fewer melanosomes, and melanosomes are smaller than wildtype, less electron dense, and irregularly shaped. Unlike mouse models of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome (203300), in which defects in platelet-dense granules and lysosomes as well as melanosomes occur, the golden phenotype is not associated with any changes of thrombocyte number or function. Lamason et al. (2005) determined that the golden gene contains a tyrosine-to-stop mutation at amino acid 208.

REFERENCES
1. Lamason, R. L., Mohideen, M.-A. P. K., Mest, J. R., Wong, A. C., Norton, H. L., Aros, M. C., Jurynec, M. J., Mao, X., Humphreville, V. R., Humbert, J. E., Sinha, S., Moore, J. L., and 13 others. SLC24A5, a putative cation exchanger, affects pigmentation in zebrafish and humans. Science 310: 1782-1786, 2005. [PubMed: 16357253, related citations] [Full Text: HighWire Press]

2. Stokowski, R. P., Pant, P. V. K., Dadd, T., Fereday, A., Hinds, D. A., Jarman, C., Filsell, W., Ginger, R. S., Green, M. R., van der Ouderaa, F. J., Cox, D. R. A genomewide association study of skin pigmentation in a South Asian population. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 81: 1119-1132, 2007. [PubMed: 17999355, images, related citations] [Full Text: Elsevier Science]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Wig of Princess Nany

King's Daughter of an unspecified king, though Winlock theorizes from circumstances that this king was Pinudjem I. This is generally accepted in current literature.

Period: Third Intermediate Period Dynasty: Dynasty 21 Reign: reign of Psusennes I Date: ca. 1040–992 B.C. Geography: Country of Origin Egypt, Upper Egypt; Thebes, Deir el-Bahri, Tomb of Meritamun (TT 358, MMA 65), inside coffin, MMA 1928–1929 Medium: Human hair, beeswax Dimensions: L. of longest braid: 25 cm (9 13/16 in) Credit Line: Rogers Fund, 1930 Accession Number: 30.3.35

This wig was found lying behind the head of Nany's mummy in her inner coffin. It is made of braids of human hair fastened at the top with a cord. The braids were treated with beeswax and a layer of animal fat covers the entire wig. [

Mikemikev
Member # 20844

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mikemikev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
As you can see, Africa has the lowest UV Index spectrum diversity as a continent.

Hence it has the smallest in situ pigmentation range. In sharp contrast the entire UV spectrum is found in Eurasia, from 1 - 11.

Caucasoids [who have climatic traits associated with West Eurasia] have the most pigmentation diversity, not Negroids -

UV Index:

Eurasia 1 - 11 (West Eurasia 2 - 11)
Africa 7 - 11

quote:
Africa may have the lowest UV spectrum diversity, but as that map shows it still is the continent with the highest UV spectrum hence BLACK skin evolved among the human species who evolved on that continent.
Black (very dark) skin evolved across that whole medial latitude, through to South Asia to most of Oceania, so it was never confined to Africa. Parts of Asia and Oceania at that latitude are UV Index 11+. Africa is not unique in anyway and as shown it has the lowest diversity in regards to UV level.

quote:
Also the reason why Africans are most diverse is because of the fact that they are oldest of human populations and thus the most genetically diverse. They are the oldest populations because again the human species evolved in Africa and non-Africans descend from only a small branch of East Africans who left the continent.
That's nonsense and Afronut fantasy. Africa has more genetic diversity because of its central position [multidirectional gene flow as opposed to a peripheral location which only recieves gene flow one direction] and larger population size:

"The hallmarks of the Out of Africa hypothesis are also addressed by multiregional evolution: Low genetic diversity among human populations is explained through gene-flow rather than recency of origin, and the greater genetic diversity in Africa is explained by larger population size." (Caspari, 2008)

"A corollary of this is the expectation that genetic variation in Africa was always greater than elsewhere because of the larger populations, reduced selection at the species' center... Variation in the more peripheral human populations reflected small, oscillating, population sizes. Nearly all subsequent genetic analyses, mitochondrial and nuclear, have confirmed these expectations." (Wolpoff, 2000)

You've simply got "Blacks" on your mind, so much so, you've got this sick fantasy everyone evolved off them - despite no other race did.

Ponsford
Member # 20191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ponsford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africans have the greatest genetic diversity:Genetic diversity in single nucleotide polymorphism;copy number variants;short tandem repeats;alu insertions and private haplotypes.Africans also have the least Linkage Disequilibrium in their genome and the least deleterious mutations.This confirm they are the basal group of our species-Homo Sapiens.
Posts: 121 | From: Guyana | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Africa has more genetic diversity

^^^^ clip and save for future use

Faheemdunkerologist admitting Africa has more genetic diversity

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fartheadbonkers:

That's nonsense and Afronut fantasy. Africa has more genetic diversity because of its central position multi-directional gene flow as opposed to a peripheral location which only receives gene flow one direction] and larger population size:

"The hallmarks of the Out of Africa hypothesis are also addressed by multiregional evolution: Low genetic diversity among human populations is explained through gene-flow rather than recency of origin, and the greater genetic diversity in Africa is explained by larger population size." (Caspari, 2008)

"A corollary of this is the expectation that genetic variation in Africa was always greater than elsewhere because of the larger populations, reduced selection at the species' center... Variation in the more peripheral human populations reflected small, oscillating, population sizes. Nearly all subsequent genetic analyses, mitochondrial and nuclear, have confirmed these expectations." (Wolpoff, 2000)

You've simply got "Blacks" on your mind, so much so, you've got this sick fantasy everyone evolved off them - despite no other race did.

LMAOH
 -

Of course I'm not surprised you deny virtually all scientific, including genetic findings that Africans are most diverse because they are the oldest populations and Eurasians descend from them. Instead you claim African diversity is due to "size" even though there are way more Eurasians than Africans.

I would recommend these books to your lame layman ass...

-

-

..but of course a lunatic racist like you prefers outdated and debunked works by Carleton Coon. [Roll Eyes]

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
^ he openly admitted that his actual problem is, admitting that mankind came from Africa.
 -

quote:
quote:
As you can see, Africa has the lowest UV Index spectrum diversity as a continent.

Hence it has the smallest in situ pigmentation range. In sharp contrast the entire UV spectrum is found in Eurasia, from 1 - 11.

Caucasoids [who have climatic traits associated with West Eurasia] have the most pigmentation diversity, not Negroids -

UV Index:

Eurasia 1 - 11 (West Eurasia 2 - 11)
Africa 7 - 11

quote:
Africa may have the lowest UV spectrum diversity, but as that map shows it still is the continent with the highest UV spectrum hence BLACK skin evolved among the human species who evolved on that continent.
Black (very dark) skin evolved across that whole medial latitude, through to South Asia to most of Oceania, so it was never confined to Africa. Parts of Asia and Oceania at that latitude are UV Index 11+. Africa is not unique in anyway and as shown it has the lowest diversity in regards to UV level.

quote:
Also the reason why Africans are most diverse is because of the fact that they are oldest of human populations and thus the most genetically diverse. They are the oldest populations because again the human species evolved in Africa and non-Africans descend from only a small branch of East Africans who left the continent.
That's nonsense and Afronut fantasy. Africa has more genetic diversity because of its central position [multidirectional gene flow as opposed to a peripheral location which only recieves gene flow one direction] and larger population size:

-

-
 -

http://www.who.int/uv/intersunprogramme/activities/uv_index/en/index3.html

-

Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Djehuti

Heck...Just check out this documentary and how they portray the first humans as African/black....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIj50x5F8Ig

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikemikev
Member # 20844

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mikemikev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] ^ he openly admitted that his actual problem is, admitting that mankind came from Africa.

? I've said Homo sapiens originated in Africa from the start.

What i'm against is afrolunacy which posits the earliest humans were somehow "Black".

How can you have a race (subspecies) before a species? It makes no sense whatsoever. Tell a biologist that, and he/she will laugh.

The races were only formed through vicariance [population divergence] as they moved into new areas and became enough isolated to pass as a subspecies, aquiring new phenotypic traits through adaptations.

As I said, you can't have a "Black" race, giving birth to other races. That's anti-biology. Species give birth to races, not races, hence races are subspecies.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QB] ^ he openly admitted that his actual problem is, admitting that mankind came from Africa.

What i'm against is afrolunacy which posits the earliest humans were somehow "Black".

How can you have a race (subspecies) before a species? It makes no sense whatsoever. Tell a biologist that, and he/she will laugh.

The races were only formed through vicariance [population divergence] as they moved into new areas and became enough isolated to pass as a subspecies, aquiring new phenotypic traits through adaptations.

As I said, you can't have a "Black" race, giving birth to other races. That's anti-biology. Species give birth to races, not races, hence races are subspecies.

On what continent did the first race of humans exist on and what was the race choosing from all the current racial terms?
Mikemikev
Member # 20844

Rate Member
^ Who denies Homo sapiens appeared in Africa?

Although there is this guy:

quote:
"Contrary to the popular belief that humans originated from the African continent, a recent study by an anthropologist from Allahabad University (AU) suggests that the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the South Asian Islands witnessed the genesis of mankind.

According to Prof Vijoy Shankar Sahay, HoD of the department of Anthropology of AU, suggests that the twin island along with Malaysia, Philippines, Papna and New Guinea, Australia and the Tasmania, were among the regions where the earlier mankind evolved and spread to various parts of the world.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-07-25/allahabad/28163569_1_andaman-jarawa-shompen

I've got a 1980 book by a Chinese palaeoanthropologist also placing it in South Asia.

Here's the map:

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] ^ Who denies Homo sapiens appeared in Africa?

quote:
"Contrary to the popular belief that humans originated from the African continent, a recent study by an anthropologist from Allahabad University (AU) suggests that the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the South Asian Islands witnessed the genesis of mankind.

According to Prof Vijoy Shankar Sahay, HoD of the department of Anthropology of AU, suggests that the twin island along with Malaysia, Philippines, Papna and New Guinea, Australia and the Tasmania, were among the regions where the earlier mankind evolved and spread to various parts of the world.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-07-25/allahabad/28163569_1_andaman-jarawa-shompen

I've got a 1980 book by a Chinese palaeoanthropologist also placing it in South Asia.

-

So the Andaman Islanders may have been the first race?

How many other obsolete debunked pre-current genetics theories will you now look for?

Mikemikev
Member # 20844

Rate Member
^ I research them purely out of interest. It doesn't mean I agree with them.

-

Goodman. Jeffrey. (1981). American Genesis: The American Indian and the Origins of Modern Man. Summit Books.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^^ like I said now you are throwing out every fringe theory you can find

Most archaeologists agree that the practice of psychic archaeology can be categorized in the realm of pseudoscience and thus Goodman has received much criticism.

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

You write laughable crap, as ussually!

In the past couple of yours we have reviewed.

-The tropical adaption of early mankind. Due to tropical adaptation.

-The dark hue (melanin), to protect from UV radiation.

Keep posting more excuses.

Ge·net·ics (j-ntks)
n.
1. (used with a sing. verb) The branch of biology that deals with heredity, especially the mechanisms of hereditary transmission and the variation of inherited characteristics among similar or related organisms.
2. (used with a pl. verb) The genetic constitution of an individual, group, or class.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Genetics

A geneticist is a specialist in the field of genes and heredity. A geneticist has a background in science, usually within chemistry or biology. If you are interested in biology, genetics, and the wider applications of these subjects, then you might like to become a geneticist.

http://www.becomeopedia.com/how-to/become-a-geneticist.php

How do I become a geneticist?

Hear from professionals:

Marshfield Clinic 'Career in Genetics" brochure

If you are interested in becoming a geneticist, regardless of your eventual career path, you should start by taking plenty of math and science courses in high school, especially biology and chemistry. In college, biology, chemistry, and biochemistry are popular majors for those interested in genetics careers. Larger institutions may offer more specialized majors such as genetics or molecular biology. Again, you will need to take plenty of math and science classes, and do well in these classes. With your undergraduate science degree, many paths in genetics are open to you!

http://www.ashg.org/education/careers.shtml

-

--Norman A. Johnson (2007) Darwinian Detectives: Revealing the Natural History of Genes and Genomes pg100

Figure 1: Archaeological evidence for modern behaviour in early Homo sapiens.

From

Palaeoanthropology: Sharpening the mind
Sally McBrearty
Nature 491, 531–532 (22 November 2012) doi:10.1038/nature11751
Figure 1: Archaeological evidence for modern behaviour in early Homo sapiens.
 -

quote:
According to the fossil record, modern human anatomy dates to approximately 200,000 years ago2. The archaeological evidence that is used to determine the time and pattern of the emergence of modern human thought and behaviour comes in the form of the production of microliths (small stone tools); the use of ochre (haematite) as a pigment; the decoration of objects with incised motifs; and the creation of shell beads. The coastal site of Pinnacle Point in South Africa contains colouring materials4, and Brown et al.1 now describe microliths from this site. Other site locations are: Twin Rivers, Zambia; Kalambo Falls, Zambia; Howiesons Poort, South Africa; Sibudu, South Africa; Mumba, Tanzania; Enkapune ya Muto, Kenya; Klasies, South Africa; Kapthurin Formation, Kenya; Blombos, South Africa; Diepkloof, South Africa; Skhul, Israel; and Taforalt, Morocco.

Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^ Who denies Homo sapiens appeared in Africa?

quote:

Here's the map:

-

Welcome to the real world, welcome to 2013.

The Smithsonian Institution

quote:
The fossils of early humans who lived between 6 and 2 million years ago come entirely from Africa.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/resources/intro-human-evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODGDDjV55XA

Science 11 May 2001:
Vol. 292 no. 5519 pp. 1151-1153
DOI: 10.1126/science.1060011

African Origin of Modern Humans in East Asia: A Tale of 12,000 Y Chromosomes
Yuehai Ke1,*, Bing Su2,1,3,*, Xiufeng Song1, Daru Lu1, Lifeng Chen1, Hongyu Li1, Chunjian Qi1, Sangkot Marzuki4, Ranjan Deka5, Peter Underhill6, Chunjie Xiao7, Mark Shriver8, Jeff Lell9, Douglas Wallace9, R Spencer Wells10, Mark Seielstad11, Peter Oefner6, Dingliang Zhu12, Jianzhong Jin1, Wei Huang12,13, Ranajit Chakraborty3, Zhu Chen12,13, Li Jin1,3,13,†
+ Author Affiliations

1 State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai, China 200443, and Morgan-Tan International Center for Life Sciences, Shanghai, China.
2 Kunming Institute of Zoology, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, China.
3 Human Genetics Center, University of Texas–Houston, 1200 Herman Pressler E547, Houston, TX 77030, USA.
4 Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, Jakarta, Indonesia.
5 Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA.
6 Department of Genetics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA.
7 Department of Biology, Yunnan University, Kunming, China.
8 Department of Anthropology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA.
9 Center for Molecular Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA.
10 Wellcome Trust Center for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK.
11 Program for Population Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA.
12 Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China.
13 National Human Genome Center at Shanghai, China.

ABSTRACT

quote:
To test the hypotheses of modern human origin in East Asia, we sampled 12,127 male individuals from 163 populations and typed for three Y chromosome biallelic markers (YAP, M89, and M130). All the individuals carried a mutation at one of the three sites. These three mutations (YAP+, M89T, and M130T) coalesce to another mutation (M168T), which originated in Africa about 35,000 to 89,000 years ago. Therefore, the data do not support even a minimal in situ hominid contribution in the origin of anatomically modern humans in East Asia.

New Genetics Evidence Proves African Origin of Modern Chinese

quote:

Modern humans, or Homo sapiens, might migrate from Africa into China by way of Southeast Asia between 18,000 years and 60,000 years ago, researchers say.

This latest research finding by Chinese scientists and their international colleagues concluded that modern humans might have moved from Africa to China replacing Mono erectus (archaic upright- walking human beings) there to become the ancestors of the country 's modern humans.

The conclusion is based on the comparison and analysis of Y- chromosome DNA using samples of the extant 88 populations living in East Asia, Southeast Asia and the Oceania, says Li Jin, one of the Chinese researchers of the study "Chinese Human Genome Diversity Project."

Li Jin is a professor of both the National Human Genome Center in Shanghai and the Institute of Genetics of Fudan University.

Scientists found that the variations of Y-chromosome in north China are derived from those in south China, a result proved as that a small number of settlers of African origin moved to northern China due to the hurdle of the mighty Yangtze River. And Polynesians, who live in the islands in the Pacific Ocean, are found to have different Y-chromosome to Taiwanese, forcing scientists to reconsider the hypothsis that Polynesians were descendants of ancestral Taiwanese aborigines.

As a whole, nearly all Y-chromosome variations in East Asia and the Oceania could be found among those in Southeast Asia, adds Li Jin.

So, the findings also indicate that modern humans migrated from Africa to Southeast Asia nearly 60,000 years ago.

Subsequently, the migrants were believed to have headed for two directions: one moved northwards to south China and then spread to the country's northern areas by crossing the Yangtze River, and the other went to Indonesia and ultimately reached the Oceania.

The Y-chromosome research is an important method for tracing the human migration patterns and the findings make clear the relationships between people groups in Southeast Asia, and East Asia and the Oceania, says another major Chinese researcher Jiayou Chu, who is a professor of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences.

This latest research result was published in today's issue of the Proceeding of National Academy of Sciences, a U.S. journal.

The finding means that scientists have made headway in the pursuit of human origin, though the conclusion that modern Chinese human beings migrated from Africa still remains controversial, says academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences Zhu Chen, who is also the director of Shanghai's National Human Genome Center.

In 1987, the U.S.'s scientists brought forward a theory based on mitochondrial DNA evidence that all human beings originated in Africa and later migrated to other corners of the globe. In the intentional academic circles, few arguments were raised about the theory that all palaeoanthropic mankind originated in Africa. Meanwhile, the scientists note that fossils of Peking Man who lived 500,000 years ago and Yuanmao Man over 1.7 million years ago were found in China, but both lack any direct hereditary connection with modern Chinese man.

There is a disconnection or "faultage" in fossils of palaeoanthropic Chinese who lived some 60,000 to 100,000 years ago, researchers say.

Coinciding with the fossil record, Chinese scientists discovered last year that primitive elements of DNA found in modern Chinese are identical with those found in Africans.

The discovery has provided weighty evidence on the genetic basis for the theory that modern Chinese were not evolved from the archaic upright-walking human beings in China but originated in Africa.

http://english.people.com.cn/200007/15/eng20000715_45573.html
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting away from the off-tangent chatter of human origins and getting back to the actual topic which is Kmtian and Nehesi hair...

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:

AFRO

-  -
 -

NOT AN AFRO

-  -
 -
 -

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^^Swenet, do you think it possible that the "not afro" or "bobbed" look is the result of frizzy hair combed down such as these modern examples?

-

-

-

Or like these below though cut and shaped into "bobbed" look.

-

-

http://mywoolentresses.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SAM_0600.jpg

From what I understand, this texture can be achieved artificially on kinky afro type hair by braiding it and then after a while unbraiding it. Certain gels i.e. butter or fat can then be applied to retain as well as smooth out the look.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

^^^ Here's the Mummy of Queen Tiye

Now look at this relief sculpture of Queen Tiye:

-

Perhaps she is younger here
but regardless>

^^^her hair here is in a configuration we see frequently, similar to this painting of Nefertiti:

-
Nefertiti

It's the long hair that that is spilt momentarily by the shoulder into two large sections. Part of the hair is in front of the shoulder and part is behind
 -

^^^^ Even with Anubis the same thing, part of the hair hangs in front of the shoulder, part behind

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djhoopti:

-

-

-

Swenet I've noticed that Djehootie
will post the above as examples of
straight hair in indigenous Africans ( or what he prefers to call it "wavy" or whatever)

Yet at the same time he never
supports the idea that any given
piece of ancient Egyptian artwork is depicting the above type of hair.

As far as Egyptian pre-late period artwork goes
he seems never to have thought that a
single painting or sculpture depicts anything but curly or kinky hair in Egyptians
(particularly in males)

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^^ [Roll Eyes] Will you for once in your life stop lying about what others profess or claim?? I don't think you can as you are so habitual in that M.O. of yours as it seems to be a deep seated psychological affliction.

What I actually profess is quite simple. Ancient Egyptian hair types likely reflect what we see today among modern non-Arab Egyptians-- that is kinky or tightly curled hair was predominant though wavy hair still occurred especially in the south where it is more common.

Actually there IS Egyptian artwork which shows wavy type hair, I actually cited a few examples from paintings a couple of pages ago, but apparently your lyinass has poor memory as well. LOL [Big Grin]
quote:

-

^^^ Here's the Mummy of Queen Tiye

Now look at this relief sculpture of Queen Tiye:

-

Perhaps she is younger here
but regardless

What is portrayed in the relief is likely a wig and in fact may not be hair at all but plant material. The reason why is because there is NO representation whatsoever of any hair strands let alone texture. Plant wigs that consist of large flaps of sheet was commonly worn by elite.

quote:
^^^her hair here is in a configuration we see frequently, similar to this painting of Nefertiti:

-
Nefertiti

It's the long hair that that is split momentarily by the shoulder into two large sections. Part of the hair is in front of the shoulder and part is behind

Actually, the image is of Ramose II's wife Nefertari, though from this view I really can't tell if that is a wig or her natural hair.

quote:
 -

^^^^ Even with Anubis the same thing, part of the hair hangs in front of the shoulder, part behind

LOL You are so ignorant! That is most definitely a wig! Not only can you tell by by the blue coloring and the perfectly even jet straight striations, but also because of the fact that all totemic animal headed masks had plant fiber material attached. This Egyptian development is a more advanced form of the simple animal masks with long grass or fronds attached.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As anyone can see the lyinass is obviously ignorant of the fact that Egyptians made use of wigs made of plant fiber and cannot tell the difference between actual hair and plant fiber material.

But here again are a couple examples from paintings:

-

-

^ Note the old farmer in the second picture with baldness.

Now here are a couple examples from wall reliefs from my own personal collection.

two scribes
 -

two daughters of Tiye and Amenhotep III
 -

^ Note the two princesses have side pieces that are styled perhaps braided and then unbraided and the top part perhaps gelled (?), but definitely natural waves.

And then we even have a few examples of Delta folks with loose hair from the Narmer Palette:

-

-

Note the resemblance these early Delta dwellers have with Tjehenu Libyans such as the man below.

-

Of course there's the theory that early Delta folks share ancestry with Libyans. A theory that I support.

But it comes to show that wavy hair is not the only trait shared by some Egyptians and Nubians but Libyans as well.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
As anyone can see the lyinass is obviously ignorant of the fact that Egyptians made use of wigs made of plant fiber and cannot tell the difference between actual hair and plant fiber material.

But here again are a couple examples from paintings:

-

-

^ Note the old farmer in the second picture with baldness.

I assume you are saying pictures above are natural not wigs. The man at top has straight hair
What accounts for the hair color ?

quote:

And then we even have a few examples of Delta folks with loose hair from the Narmer Palette:

-

-

Note the resemblance these early Delta dwellers have with Tjehenu Libyans such as the man below.

-

Of course there's the theory that early Delta folks share ancestry with Libyans. A theory that I support.

But it comes to show that wavy hair is not the only trait shared by some Egyptians and Nubians but Libyans as well. [/QB]

^^^ This is apprently straight hair rather than wavy hair

-

^^^ when looking at hair like this generally on many Egyptian artworks since texture is not indicated it could be straight or braided kinky hair.

Then referring to the mummy we see it was neither it was wavy.
So as I always tell you you can't assume

Dejehootie here trying to sub Libyans for Egyptians
if not Libyan a farm worker ?slave

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

quote:
Originally posted by Djeshootme:

You are so ignorant! That is most definitely a wig! Not only can you tell by by the blue coloring and the perfectly even jet straight striations, but also because of the fact that all totemic animal headed masks had plant fiber material attached. This Egyptian development is a more advanced form of the simple animal masks with long grass or fronds attached.

you are suggesting that the above is a artwork of a man wearing an Aunbis mask rather than the real Anubis?
That's extremely dumb.
The other scenario is that the God Anubis wore a wig.
Also extremely dumb
 -
Man with tiny head wearing Anubis mask with wig on attached to it , Museum Dehootie, Memphis, TN

-

Man with green makeup on impersonating Osiris,
Museum Dehootie, Memphis, TN

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^Swenet, do you think it possible that the "not afro" or "bobbed" look is the result of frizzy hair combed down such as these modern examples?

Sure its possible, but its inconsistent with the total picture. In 2d they might look like that, but when you look at 3d wooden figures where their hair is long enough to distinguish clearly between the ambiguous short hairstyles that could both be kinky and a non-kinky, the examples just don't cut it (falls straight down, without extending left and right like in your photos):

-

Posts: 8807 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Right. I get what you're saying.
quote:

-

-

I assume you are saying pictures above are natural not wigs. The man at top has straight hair
What accounts for the hair color?

Don't play dumb, lying trick. Anyone can see that the paint is faded or eroded as we told your lyinass this multiple times including a couple of pages ago in this very thread!

quote:
 -

-

-

^^^ This is apparently straight hair rather than wavy hair.

LOL One can easily see by the strands that the hair may be combed straight but still has was originally wavy. The hair is no more straight than the hair of the Malian girls I posted.

quote:
 -

^^^ when looking at hair like this generally on many Egyptian artworks since texture is not indicated it could be straight or braided kinky hair.

Dumb trick, didn't I say that when 'hair' is shown without any texture at all, then it's not really hair but a PLANT fiber wig or headdress! Plant fiber wigs give that impression i.e. no indication of texture or strands OR perfectly even strands that fall at a certain length.

quote:
Then referring to the mummy we see it was neither it was wavy.
So as I always tell you you can't assume.

I never assumed anything from the artwork that was YOU, dummy!

quote:
Dejehootie here trying to sub Libyans for Egyptians
if not Libyan a farm worker ?slave

WTF are you talking about? I showed examples of farmers from Upper Egypt, you twit!
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

you are suggesting that the above is a artwork of a man wearing an Aunbis mask rather than the real Anubis?
That's extremely dumb.
The other scenario is that the God Anubis wore a wig.
Also extremely dumb
 -
Man with tiny head wearing Anubis mask with wig on attached to it , Museum Dehootie, Memphis, TN

-

Man with green makeup on impersonating Osiris,
Museum Dehootie, Memphis, TN

LMAO [Big Grin] The only one extremely dumb here is YOU! I never said the personage portrayed was a man in a mask and not the god himself! I merely made the point that when totemic animals gods are portrayed by humans in masks they aren't shown with human hair at all but have streams of plant material. My point is that when animal gods are portrayed anthropomorphically art the same is true-- that is not actual hair but plant fiber headdresses.

It's simple. Animals like jackals don't have long hair like humans!

And birds like falcons have NO hair at all but feathers, yet look how the falcon-headed Mentu is portrayed.

-

Get a clue dumb B|tch! The Egyptians let alone their animal gods do NOT have this long flowing silky hair that Eurasians such as yourself have. LOL

Here is a West African mask depicting a deity with yellow plant fibers

-

If the god above were depicted in painting, the lyinass would assume the deity has long blonde hair. LOL [Big Grin]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
My point is that when animal gods are portrayed anthropomorphically art the same is true-- that is not actual hair but plant fiber headdresses.

It's simple. Animals like jackals don't have long hair like humans!

^^^^so dumb it's laughable.
Jackals don't have human bodies either

Anubis is part man part jackal, hense human hair dimwit

-
yes and this is how plant fiber looks

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the desperate lyinass grasping for anything:

^^^^so dumb it's laughable.
Jackals don't have human bodies either

Anubis is part man part jackal, hence human hair dimwit

LMAO [Big Grin] You don't get it, do you?! Anubis is actually neither a man nor a jackal. The jackal was his sacred animal and as such, he was often depicted in complete jackal form. When he was depicted with a human body his HEAD was still jackal. Again Jackals do not have long hair but as traditional in African societies gods depicted with human bodies (whether the head is animal or not) had HEADDRESSES plant material NOT actual hair!

quote:
 -
yes and this is how plant fiber looks

LMAO [Big Grin] Plant fibers vary depending on the actual plant, dummy! Not all plant fibers are yellow or even look like that. The ones the Egyptians used are clear from the depictions of their deities.

Other examples of African plant headdresses or wigs.

-

-

Lyinass productions flushed down the toilet yet again. [Embarrassed]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

-

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

I assume you are saying pictures above are natural not wigs. The man at top left has straight hair
What accounts for the hair color?

quote:

the paint is faded or eroded

If the paint faded on the hair of the man at top left whate was the probable original color of the hair?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ LOL B|tch quit playing dumb! I know you're stupid, but you aren't that stupid! What do you think the original color was?! Note that even the grapes the man is picking is faded too. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
To the intelligent folks in this forum: I have seen examples from Diop of plant fiber wigs worn by West Africans that are strikingly similar to the ones worn by Egyptians. Can anyone find any photos of these??

This is the only one I can find:

-

Note the one worn by the girl above is a shorter version. I've seen longer larger shaped versions more similar to Egyptians.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com