EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Egyptian Old Kingdom and New Kingdom Ancient DNA results (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Egyptian Old Kingdom and New Kingdom Ancient DNA results
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
I agree with the argument that editing Wikipedia is a tiresome exercise in futility.

I wouldn't say it's an exercise in futility. You just need to be patient and have multiple reliable sources with enough notability (for weight). You have to make reliable and notable sources your best friends. Then, armed with those reliable and notable sources, it's just about being bold in general and patient with the conflict resolution if there is.

Frankly I'm not sure what people on this forum want to include (or remove) in the wikipedia Ancient Egyptian page for example? That's actually a good question.

quote:

That said, I am ambivalent over whether creating an alternate webpage is the answer. Sure, providing the public with accurate information is our duty. On the other hand, as long as "Afrocentrism" is viewed as a fringe ideology, any website that could be construed as endorsing it will be dismissed out of hand.

Afrocentrism is a fringe ideology. It's completely reactionary to the alleged eurocentrism and racism prevalent before which is evident in many things written before the 60s and often beyond too up to now.

quote:

I would advocate infiltrating mainstream academia if we want to bring about real change. I don't mean Black Studies or anything stereotypically associated with Afro-Diasporan culture, I mean mainstream anthropology or history circles that won't be written off as "Afrocentric". That's the reason I majored in Bio-Anthropology at UCSD in the first place.

That's definitely great. The idea is not to prove afrocentrics right or wrong but researching and spreading the truth. Both for the outside world and ourselves.

quote:

A couple of days ago I submitted a paper on Egypt's African origins to an undergraduate history journal run by the University of Peninsula. Haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm hoping that if they do consider it, I'd have taken a small step in advancing our cause.

Nicely done.

Also, african universities and academics should do more research. The main problem is always the problem of funding but it should be one of the priority. It doesn't require that much money for many works and research in history, linguistics and archaeology. Many research undertaking in Africa are done in collaboration with local university and American/European ones. Which is a good thing imo.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Take this mix it

Ancient Egyptians
 -

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
tic!tic!tic!tic!tic!tic!tic!tic!

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
[qb] Credit actually goes to beyoku for presenting this to everyone. And also credit to Firewall for actually PMing me this in the first place.

Anyways...This is really interesting and the fight for an African Ancient Egypt is starting to come to a close..

[QUOTE]
OK A-M13 L3f
Ok A-M13 L0a1
OK B-M150 L3d
OK E-M2 L3e5
OK E-M2 L2a1
OK E-M123 L5a1
OK E-M35 R0a
OK E-M41 L2a1
OK E-M41 L1b1a
OK E-M75 M1
OK E-M78 L4b
OK J-M267 L3i
OK R-M173 L2
OK T-M184 L0a

MK A-M13 L3x
MK E-M75 L2a1
MK E-M78 L3e5
MK E-M78 M1a
MK E-M96 L4a
MK E-V6 L3
MK B-M112 L0b

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is an old thread but weren't they suppose to publish these results?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
pulled from where the sun don't shine......

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its probably been been years and you guys still dunno where this data came from???
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious to know where it came from too

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't it come from Beyoku??? Someone ask them or was that not true???
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you knew the information was sitting on a computer...but you didn't have access to the computer, how would you get it?

Like the 30 page piss tape dossier on Trump, people question its legitimacy. Slowly other evidence sheds some light on how true or false the data is.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
did YOU see the data? Or the your hear about it from "someone"?

--------------------

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
did YOU see the data? Or the your hear about it from "someone"?

Read what I wrote. Yall want to know where the data came from. If you knew it was on a computer, but didnt have access to the computer how COULD you get the data?

I am going to leave it at that.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Still waiting......

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
[QB] Credit actually goes to beyoku for presenting this to everyone. And also credit to Firewall for actually PMing me this in the first place.

Anyways...This is really interesting and the fight for an African Ancient Egypt is starting to come to a close..

[QUOTE]
OK A-M13 L3f
Ok A-M13 L0a1
OK B-M150 L3d
OK E-M2 L3e5
OK E-M2 L2a1
OK E-M123 L5a1
OK E-M35 R0a
OK E-M41 L2a1
OK E-M41 L1b1a
OK E-M75 M1
OK E-M78 L4b
OK J-M267 L3i
OK R-M173 L2
OK T-M184 L0a

MK A-M13 L3x
MK E-M75 L2a1
MK E-M78 L3e5
MK E-M78 M1a
MK E-M96 L4a
MK E-V6 L3
MK B-M112 L0b

Click on link to see what beyoku states.
http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/43154-Egyptian-Old-Kingdom-and-New-Kingdom-Ancient-DNA-results

--------------------

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
I think it's safe to say we should stop inquiring about this...
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:

Really? I could argue the opposite trend. That this "leak" is more interesting/relevant now than it has ever been. ...why do you feel the way you feel?
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^Can you expand on this?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
quote:

Really? I could argue the opposite trend. That this "leak" is more interesting/relevant now than it has ever been. ...why do you feel the way you feel?
The "leak" hasn't been verified for accuracy and this thread started forever ago. Someone just lock this thread already.
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Elite Diasporan, We discovered a Potential Nile Valley descendant, with a curious autosomal profile potentially bridging east Africans with Earlier Near Eastern populations belonging to L2a1. A random sample of somewhat royal blood revealed M1a and suggests it was more commonplace in relation to the diverse mtDNA profile of the Abusir mummies who, regardless of who they are, represents an increase of "non native" ancestry in the region. It's been recently confirmed E-M2 has an ancient history in Egypt, signified by basal haplogroups and unique clades. A-M13 as well as L3 is a no brainer for Nile valley expansion from Sudan, and the aforementioned study puts a rough timeline on the paternal dispersal.... I'm also feeling that the Old kingdom individual (R-M173 x L2 is V88. and R0a has an interesting North African, Great lakes Distribution further highlighted by this recent study.

Now if Beyoku wasnt lying in his explanation about how whosoever came across this list, I cannot ignore this or brush it aside as I once have or even suggested... It's becoming more and more relevant and or believable.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

The "leak" hasn't been verified for accuracy and this thread started forever ago. Someone just lock this thread already.

quote:
Still waiting......

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/43154-Egyptian-Old-Kingdom-and-New-Kingdom-Ancient-DNA-results

Oshun, have you clicked the link? ^^
Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait, who's supposed to verify it for accuracy?
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
peer review when you publish your awesome ancient dna results in a good journal?
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The Dominican baseball league
Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
I would think that this is the only aDna/DNA "leak" ever posted if I didn't know better....

...I should open a comprehensive R1b1a thread to commemorate the awesome king tut results, after closing this thread for being so unbelievable. XD

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
@Elite Diasporan, We discovered a Potential Nile Valley descendant, with a curious autosomal profile potentially bridging east Africans with Earlier Near Eastern populations belonging to L2a1. A random sample of somewhat royal blood revealed M1a and suggests it was more commonplace in relation to the diverse mtDNA profile of the Abusir mummies who, regardless of who they are, represents an increase of "non native" ancestry in the region. It's been recently confirmed E-M2 has an ancient history in Egypt, signified by basal haplogroups and unique clades. A-M13 as well as L3 is a no brainer for Nile valley expansion from Sudan, and the aforementioned study puts a rough timeline on the paternal dispersal.... I'm also feeling that the Old kingdom individual (R-M173 x L2 is V88. and R0a has an interesting North African, Great lakes Distribution further highlighted by this recent study.

Now if Beyoku wasnt lying in his explanation about how whosoever came across this list, I cannot ignore this or brush it aside as I once have or even suggested... It's becoming more and more relevant and or believable.

Okay, NOW I SEE where you are getting at. Like I said the Abusir study really was a short victory for them.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
great beyoku hoax, been going for years
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think the Y STR haplotype of Ramses III was actually published wasn't it? at least i've seen it. other than that has anything ever come out of Egypt? they seem determined to just fart around and not get anyone with serious resources involved.

hmmm if beyoku's leak is actually real maybe it was unpublished because the samples were illegally obtained. [Eek!]

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just hope beyoku hasn't been pulling an ausar on us all these years. This sort of stuff deserves to be published, pronto.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

All I'm saying is that we can't really use this to say anything. I'm sure if an update were available Beyoku would've spoken by now...
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
I don’t know if this data will ever be published.

I don’t know how complete this stuff even is.

There is older abstracts that have sat for ages without being revealed. Look how old the publication on the Two brothers is. Look how old the Dakhlah Oasis data that just got a singleton mtdna result publishes. Look at the king tut Book that said his mtdna would be published. Even had correspondence with an author that said it would be published “By the end of the year”....that was like 3-4 years ago. Look at Spencer Wells who collected data from the Tibbou in Chad in the late 90’s.....just got recently published last year or so. I could go on but the idea of folk sitting on data ain’t new.

The data as it is....follows no known narrative I would have been trying to push or anything that ES has been trying to push. It’s totally out of wack IMO......similar to Natufian, PPNB and Bronze age Levantine ancient Y-DNA.

The only thing I can do is sit back and evaluate it with other data as it’s released. I gave a long “interview” with 42Tribes and went into the background of the data. It’s on YouTube.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
You guys seriously think beyoku of all people would pull an Ausar? While I do not know HOW he obtained these lineages, what I DO KNOW is that people of the mainstream HAVE been holding out on data and have been sitting on mountains of data for YEARS.

I remember I posted that Letter from Cairo about King Ramses II and a certain poster here came at me hard not believing me. But the Letter was from a Egyptian govt site but it was said to have been removed. Things like this...

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
OK A-M13 L3f
Ok A-M13 L0a1
OK B-M150 L3d
OK E-M2 L3e5
OK E-M2 L2a1
OK E-M123 L5a1
OK E-M35 R0a
OK E-M41 L2a1
OK E-M41 L1b1a
OK E-M75 M1
OK E-M78 L4b
OK J-M267 L3i
OK R-M173 L2
OK T-M184 L0a

MK A-M13 L3x
MK E-M75 L2a1
MK E-M78 L3e5
MK E-M78 M1a
MK E-M96 L4a
MK E-V6 L3
MK B-M112 L0b

quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:

The data as it is....follows no known narrative I would have been trying to push or anything that ES has been trying to push. It’s totally out of wack IMO......similar to Natufian, PPNB and Bronze age Levantine ancient Y-DNA.

You can't be serious
Unlike the Abusir-el Meleq the mtDNA the above is dominated heavily by L groups
And of YDNA Dominated heavily by E groups and secondarily A, B

What were the circumstances of you seeing this without naming names?

quote:
Still waiting......

what is going on with this link? Is it my system?
I'm looking at the URL at the top

-Egyptian-Old-Kingdom-and-New-Kingdom-Ancient-DNA-results

then you look at the page below

Thread: Dominican baseball players gallery –

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
I doubt he's gonna say anything. He would've said more if he could by now. Now about the link..Looks like it was redirected to another thread or something...
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
OK A-M13 L3f
Ok A-M13 L0a1
OK B-M150 L3d
OK E-M2 L3e5
OK E-M2 L2a1
OK E-M123 L5a1
OK E-M35 R0a
OK E-M41 L2a1
OK E-M41 L1b1a
OK E-M75 M1
OK E-M78 L4b
OK J-M267 L3i
OK R-M173 L2
OK T-M184 L0a

MK A-M13 L3x
MK E-M75 L2a1
MK E-M78 L3e5
MK E-M78 M1a
MK E-M96 L4a
MK E-V6 L3
MK B-M112 L0b

quote:

You can't be serious
Unlike the Abusir-el Meleq the mtDNA the above is dominated heavily by L groups
And of YDNA Dominated heavily by E groups and secondarily A, B

What were the circumstances of you seeing this without naming names?

Normally I wouldnt answer you but.....
They were mostly African lineages...This is true and very good criticism. Didnt think of it this way. I guess myself or ES WOULD push a mostly African narrative for AE......a concept so simple I didnt even consider it. I didnt consider it because I never analyzed the group of lineages from a Eurocentric point of view. With that said.....from the African point of view, the combination of lineages dont tell any story that we have tried to push in the past. The trail of people leading back to the data dont even know what they were looking at and if they did they are not familiar with ES....nor familiar with My web presence.

I personally dont think I have been "Duped" because they would have to know me to dupe me. Notice how the data doesn't really lead down any specific bio-historical path. IMO They would have to be somewhat of a Psychological operations genius with a knowledge of African Genetics that left people running in circles for years. I am NOT THAT right NOW....let alone years ago when a birdie dropped the message.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
OK A-M13 L3f
Ok A-M13 L0a1
OK B-M150 L3d
OK E-M2 L3e5
OK E-M2 L2a1
OK E-M123 L5a1
OK E-M35 R0a
OK E-M41 L2a1
OK E-M41 L1b1a
OK E-M75 M1
OK E-M78 L4b
OK J-M267 L3i
OK R-M173 L2
OK T-M184 L0a

MK A-M13 L3x
MK E-M75 L2a1
MK E-M78 L3e5
MK E-M78 M1a
MK E-M96 L4a
MK E-V6 L3
MK B-M112 L0b

quote:

The trail of people leading back to the data dont even know what they were looking at and if they did they are not familiar with ES....nor familiar with My web presence.

I personally dont think I have been "Duped" because they would have to know me to dupe me. Notice how the data doesn't really lead down any specific bio-historical path.

This data points to a specific bio-historical origin, that the ancient Egyptians were primarily African in both their paternal and maternal genetic ancestry.

Even the R-M173 L2,
even this Hg, particularly if analyzed prior to 2010 might today be identified as V88, at high frequency in modern Egyptian Siwas

quote:

The trail of people leading back to the data

years ago when a birdie dropped the message.

please see if you can answer any of these questions ...

1) what is the date of the data itself? when were the samples analyzed 2013, 2012 ?

2) you say a trail of people. How long was the trial? How many people were there between you and primary research?

3) how did you find out that these remains were being analyzed?

4) have you approached the source in any way and asked if they ever intend to release the data or recommend they release this data? (maybe even someone else could support that financially

5) I read a comment that said this research was conducted in Egypt, true?

6) if you think the the source of this is purposely suppressing the data have you ever thought of anonymously outing them?

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:

....."Lineages".......

quote:

The trail of people leading..........Notice how the data doesn't really lead down any specific bio-historical path.

This data points to a specific bio-historical origin, that the ancient Egyptians were primarily African in both their paternal and maternal genetic ancestry.

Even the R-M173 L2,
even this Hg, particularly if analyzed prior to 2010 might today be identified as V88, at high frequency in modern Egyptian Siwas

quote:

The trail of people leading back to the data

years ago when a birdie dropped the message.

please see if you can answer any of these questions ...

1) what is the date of the data itself? when were the samples analyzed 2013, 2012 ?

2) you say a trail of people. How long was the trial? How many people were there between you and primary research?

3) how did you find out that these remains were being analyzed?

4) have you approached the source in any way and asked if they ever intend to release the data or recommend they release this data? (maybe even someone else could support that financially

5) I read a comment that said this research was conducted in Egypt, true?

6) if you think the the source of this is purposely suppressing the data have you ever thought of anonymously outing them?

I am not going to fully address your idiocy. "They were Black" or "They were primary African" is not a SPECIFIC Bio Historical Narrative. If you spent your time here reading instead of Trolling you would understand how this Uni-parental profile isn't specific. As to your questions....listen to the 3 hour interview. What you see is what you get. One day...if something close to what I have is ever released I will give the full breakdown of what went down...and how it went down. Until then.....Nah.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
my 2 cents? He was duped! That's what happens to wannabes. Stand your ground man and don't suck up to these people. They are feeding you shyte.

Take the Abusir results as an example. Analyze THEIR data independently. Ignore their conclusions. It is filled with lies.

As you can see for the Abusir the brown component is the elephant in the room. The red component is a distraction. Added to that look at the unipraental markers for the Abusir ...all African. So your source may be right, your list may be accurate but until it is published...ignore it.

--------------------

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
So that was your motive for bumping this to thread? To hop to another topic to continue your p!$$!*** contest with Beyoku after you were told to stop?

-

Someone please lock this....

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I always teach my kids "lessons of life". This is a teaching moment. The thread is related because this is diametrically opposite to Abusir.

And I don't get into a pissing contest with juniors. "I debate my equals all others I teach" - John H Clark.

If AstenB had pointed out the elephant in the room I would consider him an equal, instead he focused on the red component arguing with me that the red was SSA when it was not. That shows me he is just a parrot, and incapable of true reasoning and deep thinking....like you.

BTW no one tells me to stop anything. I am my own man. Always have and always will. Call me Kilmonger. I take what is mine. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
you are being petty like a drama queen, if HE knows the data is legit, this is not going to change his views at all. If he can't talk about the data but believes it's source he's going to walk out of this exactly as he had walked in. Now the rest of us may not be able to see it, so at most this is just ego flexing for display. There was NOTHING new on your part to add, he's said he's not saying anything more. Beyond being petty WHAT is there left to do here? Lock please.

-

EDIT:
quote:

BTW no one tells me to stop anything. I am my own man. Always have and always will. Call me Kilmonger. I take what is mine. [Big Grin]

So you're saying you're above the mods who told you to can it? Girlfriend go get a livejournal.
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Are you guys Done?

...Lapse of judgement on my part, it appears xyyman had no true reason after all for using a phoenix down on this thread.

Thread locked

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com