EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The favorite images Eurocentrics like to use.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The favorite images Eurocentrics like to use.
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to touch base on this topic real quick.

Eurocentrics love posting this image, because the prisoners show strong stereotypical African features. To show not only the Ancient Egyptians were different from other Africans, but to show how the Ancient Egyptians viewed the savage African. They even claim these are Nubians themselves(which we know is ridiclous, because the Ancient Egyptians and Nubians were literally the same people) to try and show the Ancient Egyptians were not the same as the Nubians.

-
 -

But the point is...These are not Nubians. IIRC they are central Africans. And I remember Troll Patrol saying something like that. I mean look at the clothing and headgear, I never seen that on any Nubians before. But not only that, we already know Africans range in looks.

Anyways the Eurocentrics never post images like these which clearly show the Ancient Egyptians knew what 'white skin' and also differentiated themselves from it.
 -
 -

Anyways I just wanted to create this quick topic.

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bilal Dogon
Member # 21572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bilal Dogon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post.

Another thing I'll add is that the Egyptians had so many paint colors to choose from. Look at all the different shades and hues of brown, white, cream etc... in their artwork. The fact that they specifically chose a brown color to paint themselves when they had lighter or whiter shades available shows how they saw themselves.

But I didn't know those captives were Central Africans, always thought they were a different set of Nubian peoples.

Posts: 100 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bilal Dogon -aka blingdogg:
Great post.

Another thing I'll add is that the Egyptians had so many paint colors to choose from. Look at all the different shades and hues of brown, white, cream etc... in their artwork. The fact that they specifically chose a brown color to paint themselves when they had lighter or whiter shades available shows how they saw themselves.

But I didn't know those captives were Central Africans, always thought they were a different set of Nubian peoples.

Agreed they had a large range of different color paint.
 -

I doubt they Nubians, because I never seen that those particularity type of clothing on Nubians. Just my opinion...

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The white Eurocentrics believe the brown paint represents tanned skin.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for the clothing they could be southern nubians, or southern upper nubian but this change overtime once northern upper nubian influences reach further south in nubia over time.

Those are nubians,keep in mind egyptians raided upper and southern nubia,and the nubians that look closer to egyptians were some of the lower nubians.

The further south one goes to nubia the more different the features look.

Egyptians never controlled southern nubia,and at that time southern nubia had less culturally influences from upper nubia and egypt.

In lower nubia the a-group nubians skin tones and features were more closer to egyptians but like i aid it depends on what lower nubia groups you are talking about and the time period.Of course lower had all types of features.

Some nubian groups closer to egyptians on average in features and skin tone and some groups closer to the southern types on average.

While in northern upper nubia and more so SOUTHERN UPPER nubia and southern nubia, skin tones and features were closer to the those nubians in the nuba hills,darfur,and other blacks of southern sudan, central africa etc....

Nubians had varied features,but upper and southern nubia broader noses are shown,broader head types on average and darker skin tones on average.

The euro-centrics pick which nubian groups to show and which egyptians to show for euro-centric reasons.

They like to compare the egyptians art works with the most narrow features and lighter skin tones to the nubian groups with the most broader features and darker skin tones and we all know that egyptians come in varied skin tones and features and the nubians,but it's clear that egyptians features were more narrower and nubians were more broader,but these are just averages.

They Never compare the nubians groups or egyptians groups that look closer to each other and we know thier agenda.

Those same nubians in the picture above had thier own art works in kush and later in kush and we all know what they look like so egyptians had ways of drawing and nubians had thier ways etc..

Keep in mind by the new kingdom thier were white types in egypt but a minority of course.

If you look at the art of the egyptians above nobody really looks like that in real life anyway,but nubia art tends to be more realistic on average so thier art gives you a good or better idea what nubians look like.

Even the egyptian art work at least gives you idea the features of certain nubians but they drew nubians in varied ways just like themselves.

The best regions to give you a idea what upper nubians and southern nubians look closer to in the past is the nubians in nuba hills,darfur and chad areas of modern africa.

East africans and north african come in all types of features just like west africans.

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bilal Dogon
Member # 21572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bilal Dogon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes that was my understanding too, Firewall. I saw it as similar to differences you can see today in northern and southern ethnic groups in Sudan. (I know Arabs immigrated into Nubia in medieval times and mixed with Nubians, but I mean this as an example).
Posts: 100 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right,and the arab groups that came to sudan in the middle ages mixed with some nubian groups overtime, of course not most,and many of the nubians became arabs,and most of these did not mixed with arabs at all.

This is a confusion with many folks when talking about modern Sudanese history,and the later history has to be told well.

Ancient egypt HISTORY CONFUSES many folks and later egypt as well.

Scholars must do a better job telling both histories to public.

Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOR,

When they post these images, I always have to explain that most depictions found in Egypt of captives, are of Asiatics, not of indigenous African tribes from the South.

I then go and show them images of the Battle of Kadesh for example.

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
@Firewall

Good post

@Troll Patrol

Agreed.

-
 -
 -

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is actually a very good thread. Wanna bump this because I notice this exact same thing.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Fahr
Suspended
Member # 21979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Fahr   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those reddish and blondish hairy Egyptian mummies are from concubines and ofsprings from marriages among Egyptian kings, and daughters of kingdoms such as Hittites and Medes. Queen Hatshepsut was one of them.

You can see when those reddish and blondish hairy people arrived in the Caucasus region, and then, settled in Ukraine and surround areas. They left many of their sculptures which are scattered between China and Caucasus regions, all way to North of Scotland where they arrived on later waves of people.

European archeologists dated their sculptures as old as thousand years old, other say that the sculptures were made 500 years earlier. But, the first sculptures of them, are very, very, very old, at the point of complete stone erosion, which means that the first sculptures are older.
Another detail, is how these people looked like.
They appear to be very archaic anatomically, with very short lower legs, and very long torsos. Some of them, is obviously were mixed with Neanderthal, because they had very large unproportional head sizes for their bodies. I think they arrived via Siberia, and the others with proportioanal head sizes,arrived by crossing Central Asia. But, still, their art style is very primitive, showing their inferior intellectual capacity, related to Egyptians, Nubians, Greeks and Chinese sculptors from Chinese Dynasties.

I can trace them since they arrived in the region then, organized themselves as tribes, and attacked the Hittites, taken over the Hittites kingdom, and made themselves kings. You can see the change, as the Hittite king's sculptures hair,changed from Afro to straight hair. Their facial symmetry also changed. They reined Hittites kingdom, fought Egypt and other kingdoms in the region, until they were completely defeated, and became scattered homeless people trying to fit among the people around the Caucasus regions, Ukraine, and Middle East. They became soldiers of different kingdoms, including Persia, and Greece. One of them are the homeless Kurdish people. The others are the Slavs, and Scandinavian people, which invaded Central Europe, then settled in Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, and North Africa...

Their reddish and blondish hairy mummies were found in the Scandinavian region and Germany. Some of them, had a distinct hair style, by knot their hair on one side of their heads. By observing their hair style, I found some of them , among the terracota sculptures warriors of Han dynasty in China. Therefore, those mummies were of Eastern Asia origin. I think dates given by European archeologist are false. I am suspicious of Ramesses II mummy. Archeologists said they found a written note in his mummy, saying that his mummy have been moved and displaced many times, before it was taken to the location where it was found. Again...are these DNA tests from those mummies done in African labs? or Europe?

Another strange fact I found, was from Christie's auction about 10 years ago. Christie's was auctioning the sculpture of King Tutankhamun together with his wife Ankhesenamun made when they were children. This famous sculpture was dated by Christies to be made in 350BC. How this could be? They belonged to different Dynastic dates? If so...can we trust European dates of those strange Egyptian mummies?

By the way, the last time I heard from Ginger the reddish hair mummy, was few years ago, when a video was published on internet, showing medical professions taken Ginger to be scanned, and then, have DNA tests....

Having a tea with a professor friend mine in London, he told that the mummy of Ginger exposed on British museum was fake, and the pottery arranged around Ginger as well. He said, he didn't know where the original Ginger mummy was, perhaps in a refrigerator somewhere. [Big Grin]

--------------------
---lnnnnn*

Posts: 198 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com