EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Great Pyramid dedicated to the ka

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great Pyramid dedicated to the ka
Guillermo Caba Serra
Member # 18516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guillermo Caba Serra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear members of this forum,

Would you mind tell me what is wrong in the content of this video where I point out one solution to the meaning of the Great Pyramid of Giza?

The video (37 minutes structured in three parts) is in spanish but the subtitles are in english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsLqKOBHZFg

I worked seriously so I would like to be criticised seriously as well.

Thank you very much in advance

Guille

Posts: 10 | From: Barcelona | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guillermo Caba Serra
Member # 18516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guillermo Caba Serra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In order to see the subtitles in english, you must to activate the white rectangle situated in the lower right side of the video (right to the clock).

--------------------
Guillermo Caba Serra, writer

Posts: 10 | From: Barcelona | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bienvenidos Dr. Caba. Unfortunately my Español is not that good but from what I can understand from your video, you are correct that Egyptian civilization is in large part a result of their religion and spiritual beliefs. I do disagree just slightly on a few points. Firstly, the Great Pyramids were dedicated to the souls of the pharaohs. In Egyptian belief the souls of people were believed to be composed of different components. You are correct that the ka is one but the ka leaves upon death and it is the ba that remains. The pyramid like all tombs were built to house the ba and if I'm not mistaken the Pyramid Texts as well as other texts say that the Pyramids house the ba and that a pyramid itself was called the ba of the king. The pyramid was used as an antenna to the heavens so when the ba and ka unite to become the akh it travels to the heavens as a star. The Egyptians believe the stars in the night sky are of akhet of dead kings and other royals.

ba
 -

+

ka
 -

=

akh
 -

Some scholars theorize that the reason why the physical body is preserved is not that's essential to the soul so much that it serves a link to the world of the living.

See Ancient Egyptian Spiritual Anatomy.

Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guillermo Caba Serra
Member # 18516

Rate Member
Dear Djehuti,

thanks for your comments. In fact, in my paper I just used a sieve to see which elements of the Pyramid Texts to coincide with the inner structure of the Great Pyramid.

Are this coincidences the central section of the ancient egyptian beliefs? I think yes (but maybe I'm wrong). Egyptologists agree with the fact that peolpe who engraved Pyramid Texts didn't understood the meaning of this utterances. And egyptologists agree that in the Pyramid Texts there are a mixture of several traditions: of the sun, stellar...

In the other hand, for my is very important one aspect of the content of this texts, and of the all funerary egyptian literature: they show that the pharaos had a lot of fear to the afterlife. So, if they wanted this insriptions in his tombs, that it means they where not true initiates.

On this way, one guy as Ramana Maharshi die surronded by inner peace, harmony and compassion to all the human beings.

What I want to say: human being have physical body but others bodies or more subtle essences. Ramana Maharshi knew a lot about that but not the egyptians. They had one imperfect knowledge of this others realities. That explain, according my point of view, his fear to the afterlife.

Finally: in the science magazine Lancet, in december 15 2001 interviwed a lot of guys who had a cardiac arrest. Some of they had out of body experiences. Some of they recognized that, after this experience, had no fear to die.

According my point of view, despite maybe is wrong, Great Pyramid is a synthesis, ths simple truth of all the funerary literature, as Ramana Maharshi is the synthesis, the simplest true, for all the hindus sacred tradition, explained in thousands of books (Vedas, Puranas; Mahabarata, Ramayana, Upanishads..).

The Great Pyramid and Ramana Maharshi are the central bone of all this egyptian or hinduist literature, written for people who han imperfect knowledge of his deep nature.

But, I repeat, maybe I'm wrong.

In any case: thanks for your comments

Guillermo (I'm not Dr. I come from the science and investigation journalism- I have a degree in journalism-, and I carry on my own research freely).

--------------------
Guillermo Caba Serra, writer

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Dr. Serra, I just got through watching the other 2 parts of your 3 part video and there is so much to discuss on this topic.

First off, your theory that the great pyramid was not meant to house the physical body. If Kuhufu's body was never placed in the pyramid, where do you think his body was placed??

Also, I totally agree with you that the design and structure of the pyramid itself is due to sacred architecture. Practically every building and edifice the Egyptians constructed was done so in a spiritually symbolic manner. I believe this topic was discussed in this forum many years ago but I am unable to find the thread and I think the topic should be revived again.

astronomical set up of great pyramid
 -

I agree with your premise that the pyramid was meant to house the ka, but I think it also housed the ba as well. The ka is the life-force or anima and though it is commonly represented by the two upraised arms in older texts, the king's ka is represented by a bull.

The whole triangular shape of the pyramid seems to represent two parts coming together or intersecting together at an apex. I am curious though about the glyph that you say means coming or rendering apart represented by two horns emanating from an edifice.

I am curious what do you make of this symbol of Neith?

-

^This symbol seems to be the only glyph that comes closest to the pyramid.

Oh and another thing that comes to mind as far as the tripartite division is the Egyptians cosmological view of the universe.

-

^ The four pillars represent the limbs of Nut goddess of the heavens.

-

Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guillermo Caba Serra
Member # 18516

Rate Member
Dear Djehuti,

Sorry because I delay my answer. I was into a Vipassana meditation center (http://www.dhamma.org) without possibility to use Internet. (but I'm not a yogui or a guy who can to reach nirvana or something like that).

You ask me: "If Kuhufu's body was never placed in the pyramid, where do you think his body was placed??". I think Khufu have nothing to say about this monument because I believe it was builded before Khufu times", surely in predynastic times. But I have not the demonstration. It's just one intuition, the most probable solution when I take all the information coming from the archaeology of Giza plateau.

You say: "I agree with your premise that the pyramid was meant to house the ka, but I think it also housed the ba as well." In fact, the only two "active" aspects of my theory is the ka and the ba because the physical body and the spirit-akh they are just a passive- or inert- aspects of human nature. The ba is the key element, and his businness and fate is to reach the ka. So, from this point of view, I'm agree with you.

The symbol of Neith: I think more important is Hator, the horned goddess, but this point out to one direction with others considerations and for me will be difficult to explain because I need to give much more information.

The egyptians cosmological view of the universe: I don't know if they had the same view along 3.000 years of civilization... as I told you: According my point of view, Great Pyramid is not the work of any pharao. It came before and it was made for people who had a similar level of conciousness as Ramana Maharshi. But is just a theory. I'm open to be wrong.

One thing is true: if I take the datas (Pyramid Texts, Sumer, Accad, maya, hermeticum text, Iamblichus...) coming from my explanation in the video (and more are writen in papers in spanish, because the video is a resume), for me is very difficult to see what is wrong in my theory. But, again: is just a theory.

Anyway: Thanks for you comments and again sorry for my delay

Guillermo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com