EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Ancient Egyptian state had an indigenous African origin (latest studies) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Ancient Egyptian state had an indigenous African origin (latest studies)
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
The problem with the Egyptians is they wasted a lot of energy making useless mountains of stone and gigantic statues of kings.
They were great artists though

They left their markers, and we are tankful. I do see how it irritates you.
Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
I and others know what you've
written in the past. For instance, you once
listed Sweden as your place of origin, then you
said you were West African then you said you were
African American.

I't funny that Sweden rumor how many of you chumps bought it out of wishful thinking alone
All someone needs to say is "I once looked up her profile and it had Sweden listed" and people believe it.
And the ignorance to even point to it as it proves something. Let's pick out a place, the land of the tall blonds and make up a lie she lives there - as if there are no black people in Sweden.
It's meaningless. A European black person would never attempt to do that

I advocate black people who were born in America when asked say they "African".
They aren't required to spell it out "African American" .
Chinese American people will say they are Chinese probably more often than "Chinese American" .
But again it is another lie. Somebody says they remembered a time when I called myself simply "African".
I never even did that. Produce the evidence or get out of my office, you've got nothing on me kid
All somebody needs to do is say that and you sucka ass chumps believe it because you want to.
"I rememeber" = no post = LIE

Stop Trolling Amun Ra's thread
You kicked him off the facebook group, so why are you continuing to buzz like a mosquito ?

Hilarious,

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007725;p=1#000000

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It irritates me when I see other Africans Americans pretend that they are Egyptians to the extent of forgeting their direct ancestry in Africa. It's because many of us are still ashamed because of white supremacy so we attach to an example of an African country that they are impressed by and because modern Western cities are more similar to it.
I see black folk in love with anceint Egypt yet they put down immigrants from Senegal and Ghana, that is what I see, It's a problem you may not know about.

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
It irritates me when I see other Africans Americans pretend that they are Egyptians to the extent of forgeting their direct ancestry in Africa. It's because many of us are still ashamed because of white supremacy so we attach to an example of an African country that they are impressed by and because modern Western cities are more similar to it.
I see black folk in love with anceint Egypt yet they put down immigrants from Senegal and Ghana, that is what I see, It's a problem you may not know about.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but you do sound crazy. I spoke of ancient Egyptians leaving their markers.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004440;p=1#000010

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You seem to be unaware of what is happening in the black community,
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

LOL. Afro-Americans are not forgetting their direct ancestry by acknowledging their Egyptian origins because AAs are a Pan-African people due to slavery in the US. In the US, slave masters usually tried to limit the number of slaves from the same nationality/ethnicity resident on their plantations. Then after 1800 due to the Inter-State slave trade when the average slave was sold before the age of 5 years, the vast majority of AAs knew nothing about their ethnic origin.

As a result, when Diop proved that west Africans formed part of the egyptian population, AAs could claim direct descent from the Egyptians.

Also, many AAs adopted Egyptian as a result of Afrocentric research traditions.

Lets look at the Language traditions of the Afrocentric [Social] Scientific Community, To study ancient afrocentric studies the africalogical researcher has had to become skilled in understanding and reading non-English languages. DuBois noted that:

"The time has not yet come for a complete history of the Negro peoples. Archaeological research in Africa has just begun, and many sources of information in Arabian, Portuguese, and other tongues are not fully at our command....(p.3)".

For the heroes of africalogical research such as Delany, Blyden, DuBois, Parker, Perry and Williams, a knowledge of Latin and \or Greek was a requirement for normal scientific study of the classical and Old Testament literature which served as the basis for the creation of the theoretical paradigms associated with ASAH.

In addition to possessing a reading knowledge of these Eurocentric classical languages for Western thought, africalogical researchers, like W.E.B. DuBois and J.A. Rogers have also had to have a knowledge of modern European languages. This has been necessary because of the fact that much of the research supporting the ASAH paradigms has usually been published in French and German. One of the reasons that many of the contemporary africalogical researchers interested in early history use outdated references in their work, is due to their ignorance of French and German.

Proficiency in a language other than English, helped africalogical researchers conduct the normal africalogical social science. It was DuBois' (1965, 1970) and Hansberry's knowledge of German that allowed these afrocentrists to conduct research into the role of Blacks in Egypt and Ethiopia. J.A. Rogers mastered many languages including French and German to prove that Blacks inhabited almost every continent on the globe. Dr. C. A. Winters (1977,1981\1982, 1985, 1991, 1994) had to learn Arabic, Chinese, Malinke, Portuguese, Otomi, Mayan, Swahili, Tamil and Tokharian (Kushana) to conduct his africalogical studies of Blacks in Asia and the Americas.

In the 1960's due to the rise of independence in the east African country of Tanzania, Swahili became a language used by africalogical social scientists. Swahili terms were used to explain and define the phenomena associated with africalogy. This is one of the reasons that the terms used in the Kwanza ceremonies practiced by blacks are Swahili lexical items (Coleman, 1971).

Swahili is still used to explain aspects of Africana studies, among africalogical researchers but today Egyptian is recognized as the classical language for africalogical research (Wimby, 1980). Diop (1974,1991) popularized the idea that Egyptian should be used as the classical language for the study of ancient africalogical language and historical studies. As a result, most of the africalogical researchers today concentrate on Egypt and use Egyptian terms to explain the culture and Proto-African language of Africa people (Carruthers, 1977,1980).

As you can see white supremacy has nothing to do with AAs admiring Egyptian culture and language.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I mention the great work Brada, Z-man is doing over at ESR. Objectivity and no buddy buddy shyte.

quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
As usual Swenet is more concerned in trying to link
Ancient Egyptians to the Middle East than to other
indigenous African people

You are crazy, son. That's why you were deleted from
the Facebook page. Take ya medicine and keep citing
"new" papers that are old news.

Don't be an idiot, you have proven my point again in this thread.

As for you kicking me out of your facebook group. It just shows you can't take the heat. You're acting like a cry baby. Now get back to your facebook group and don't bother us again with your stupidity.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I have to admit Ultimate you do cite old stuff as new. And you have a knack for stating the obvious...but that is ok. Your contribution is very valuable.
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol. He said "very valuable". You have no idea.
Since when are threads like these valuable? They
are double posts and add nothing of substance. In
the old days this could be deleted or closed. These
bullsh!t threads are not even close to the threads
early ES made that made this place great. I'm
tempted to classify you as ready for the loony
bin too for even going there.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Did I mention the great work Brada, Z-man is
doing over at ESR. Objectivity and no buddy buddy
shyte.

Well, wait until he comes on ESR and starts telling
you how to posts information, ignoring house rules
and talk sh!t about you on ES when you're not
looking. Goodluck. [Wink]

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lioness,

Theres an R&B singer that is accepted by Black Americans Lioness. Name Akon.

The thing is though is that Not an expert on others too much but Egypt is definetly overplayed. Want to branch out to other parts of Africa like Niger, Senegal etc.

What I know about those countries is that Senegal largest Ethnicities are the Wolof who speak an language that is akin to Egyptian.

If you really LISTEN to Africans speak you may find commonality(probably wrong) with language. Don't let the accents throw you off. AA are the Prime leaders of the Black community. The thing though is that they have become stagnant in inovating that is needed to Not only Grow African Americans, but other Ethncities also. Maybe its paranoia that they will lose credit for inventions that They have made. All I know is that without inovaters we will be stuck. Look around you Lioness, The world ALWAYS gives you keys to unlocking ablities and inventions. Everything Grows, Breathes and dies. What we have to understand is that patience and respect unlocks inventions.

We still don't know how the egyptians created the pyramids because we don't think. We claim slavery, trees being chopped down and rolled etc. Maybe as we as an human community relys on eachother(groupthink) then we can stop the stupid foolishness of race and slavery nonsense and realize that the Egyptians, Iraqis, Zimbabweans were FREETHINKERS and did not believe that there potential could be stopped by what we believe are limitations. Credit Must first be shown back to the African American community before we can move forward. Reparations(or something like that) would be an start.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
FREETHINKERS and did not believe that there potential could be stopped by what we believe are limitations. Credit Must first be shown back to the African American community before we can move forward. Reparations (or something like that) would be an start.

I was feeling some of what you were saying and thank you
but seem to be saying we can't think freely until we are given reparations.

Maybe we should be given reparations but almost nobody is talking about it these days. I think because of the recession there would be a big backlash in talking about it.
That doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about if it's justice.
But I don't think reparations or being given credit should be linked to free thinking. Free thinking is separate. That's why it's free. It's not held back by due credit.

The world doesn't pay you for what your ancestors did. What I think is needed is a more level playing field

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Very valuable. His picture thread on AE. Pictures many of us have never seen. I know Ultimate is now getting his feet wet in genetics.

He also did good work on Helocene period in the Sahara.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
the lioness,

You mistaken some of my post Lioness.

Did not mean that AA need reparations for Freethinking.

I mean To Free the minds of ALL people begin with humbleness, Foregivness and admiting when you are wrong. Racists, dont do this.

Until that happens of course things will be stifled. Reparations is just an avenue and steps towards that.

Also if you watch the socalled news entertainment like CNN, CTV, NBC etc all your feeded is negativity. That closes peoples minds.

African Americans Do NOT look the way they do because of euro admixture. They do because Africa is most diverse continent.

Free thinking begins with inside think, and outside expression(yeah I know its been said). When people realize yes rough times sometimes, does not mean you vent against the people. Listen to music or what ever releases that stress or makes you chill.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Speaking about reparation, how many of us are for it? I am on the fence. I will like to see some other form of repayment. Not necessarily financial.

And what is the "we" shyte Lioness. Give it up . Everyone knows you not of West African descent. I still think you are Turk or Hindu.

quote:
quote:
FREETHINKERS and did not believe that there potential could be stopped by what we believe are limitations. Credit Must first be shown back to the African American community before we can move forward. Reparations (or something like that) would be an start.

I was feeling some of what you were saying and thank you
but seem to be saying we can't think freely until we are given reparations.

Maybe we should be given reparations but almost nobody is talking about it these days. I think because of the recession there would be a big backlash in talking about it.
That doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about if it's justice.
But I don't think reparations or being given credit should be linked to free thinking. Free thinking is separate. That's why it's free. It's not held back by due credit.

The world doesn't pay you for what your ancestors did. What I think is needed is a more level playing field

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] Speaking about reparation, how many of us are for it? I am on the fence. I will like to see some other form of repayment. Not necessarily financial.

And what is the "we" shyte Lioness. Give it up . Everyone knows you not of West African descent. I still think you are Turk or Hindu.

Aren't you half white. didn't you once say your father was Polish?
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah Swenet I forgot about sickelcell traits from west Africa. I also remember Diops language link with Wolof and Egyptian

I also seemed to remember that Egyptians Claimed that they originated from the mountain of the moon where Hapi dwells. Uganda and South Sudan, Rwanda, Burundi and etc.

If it is the words in there book of the dead then why all the fuss about west this and east that? African Links are evident.

I want to say something more about this.

It's really important to understand that Ancient Egyptians are Africans not only geographically, but biologically, genetically, historically and culturally. Africans like Wolof, Somali, Yoruba, Bantu, Dinka, Nubian, Afar, Kongo etc.

There's some people who seek to divide African between each other. I don't know why. But in reality there's a strong historical and cultural affiliation between various African populations all across Africa, including Ancient Egyptians. There's both differences and similarities. Like European, East Asian, Native Americans populations, African populations like Wolof, Somali, Yoruba, Bantu, Dinka, Nubian, Afar, Kongo etc are genetically close to each other.

You can see it for example here:
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8691/5gmh.jpg
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/files/2010/08/abofig331b.png
http://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0888754310001552-gr3.jpg
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/amunratheultimate2/Misc/EucledianDistanceTreeofGeneticWorldRegions_zpsf7ba6d1d.jpg

-
From here: http://www.dnatribes.com/sample-results/dnatribes-global-survey-regional-affinities.pdf
http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2012-01-01.pdf (for the AE mummy results)

So as you can see on the genetic distance tree between populations above. African people, as well European, East Asian, Native peoples, etc, are genetically close to each other. They form a genetic family called "Sub-Saharan African" by DNA Tribes. So when DNA Tribes says Ancient Egyptian mummies matched African people, they meant the Sub-Saharan African category above. The Great Lakes, Southern, West and Sahelian African genetic families.

A bit as a joke, but with some seriousness too. I posted an altered image of the graph above placing the Ancient Egyptian population where I think they would be in the graph.

-

Of course other people may place the Ancient Egyptians population to some other location on the Euclidean distance tree. But considering the DNA Tribes results on the Ancient Egyptian mummies, they should place it awfully close to the so-called Sub-Saharan African genetic families thus the Great Lakes, Southern, Sahelian and Tropical West African African genetic grouping. Let's recall from this thread than Ancient Egyptians are indigenous Africans. Not people from Europe or the Middle East.

So Ancient Egyptians are Africans not only geographically, but biologically, genetically, historically, culturally, etc.

On the genetic angle, African populations (including Ancient Egyptians) are genetically close to each other as Europeans, East Asians, Native Americans, etc to each other.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
 -

quote:

There's some people who seek to divide African between each other. I don't know why.
They form a genetic family called "Sub-Saharan African" by DNA Tribes. So when DNA Tribes says Ancient Egyptian mummies matched African people, they meant the Sub-Saharan African category above. The Great Lakes, Southern, West and Sahelian African genetic families.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Fuuuuneee. Ha! Ha!

quote:
quote:
[QB] Speaking about reparation, how many of us are for it? I am on the fence. I will like to see some other form of repayment. Not necessarily financial.

Aren't you half white. didn't you once say your father was Polish?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^ thinks he can laugh it off
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad I've retired from this nonsense arguing because you niggas are still babling over the same things from the same trolls.
Posts: 2596 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
.Charlie Bass.

Even if its mocking, Its good to see you.

Welcome back Charlie.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
.Charlie Bass.

Even if its mocking, Its good to see you.

Welcome back Charlie.

Thanks Bro. I still lurk from time to time but with three babies tro take care of I don't have as much time as I used to.
Posts: 2596 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
where do you hang now on anthroscape?
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Very valuable. His picture thread on AE. Pictures many of us have never seen. I know Ultimate is now getting his feet wet in genetics.

He also did good work on Helocene period in the Sahara.

By that standard the lioness is a more valuable
poster than you, cause she's been posting more
papers on ES than both of you put together. But
hey, don't mind me. Wouldn't want to wake you
from your wild imagination. As you say: very
valuable and capable of original and fresh
analysis
. [Wink]

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
The standards here are lower and lower, stop fighting amongst yourselves, back in the days here 10 years ago ago, we debated not this sort of nonsense I see here today, its beyond retarded.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
not trying to control what people say or do freedom of expression is Great and I support that.

What I don't support is the cheap jabs and following posters from thread to thread hating on them. If you and another poster, get into an posting fight, then after that thread dies move on. UFC and Boxers FIGHT, yet at the end they hug, shake hands and move on. On the streets, real men fight with fists, after that they either shake hands after or just walk away. I know people are in the safety of there Home, Job or school but think how would you react if you were face to face? Debates don't mean hate but understanding. No hippy but understand its roots.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Hermes?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
How many years can you do the same topics over and over?
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How many years can you do the same topics over and over?

It's like asking: how many years can you be interested in football?

I like reading and learning more about African history. It's a bit like reading novels but instead the stories are real. Reading fictive novels is fun too, of course.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
the question is where is Charlie Bass posting lately?
 -

Amun Ra what is your review of Swenet's facebook page?
and compare to Reloaded.
Reloaded seems to have become an xyyman stomping ground.He roams free there

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
 -

and compare to Reloaded.

If anything it's your posts and questions which are red-herrings.

Maybe you can ask those questions on your own Identity of "Eastern Ethiopians" according to Herodotus thread. [Razz]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Maybe you can ask those questions on your own Identity of "Eastern Ethiopians" according to Herodotus thread. [Razz]

will you answer them If I post them there? [Razz]

they left you out here

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

will you answer them If I post them there? [Razz]
Of course not, but I would not answer them in another thread at least... [Big Grin]

Let's keep the red-herrings topics to some other thread.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Ok, no more off topic
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's some people who seek to divide African between each other. I don't know why.

^^Oh we all pretty much know why- so they can spin
the bogus, and hypocritical narratives about Africa and Africans.

As my old Geocities pages still says:

--------------------------------------------------------

"As noted in one detailed 1967 study by archaeologists Berry and Ucko (Genetical Change in Ancient Egypt):

"This is attested by the tendency in the past (summarised by Chantre 1904) to postulate all sorts of improbable racial amalgams in Egypt: mixtures of peoples representing a singular variety of groups (viz. Libyan, Caucasian, Arab, Pelasgian, Negro, Bushman, Mongol, Hamitic, Hamito-Semitic- even Red Indian and Australian aboriginal) were alleged to have migrated into the Nile Valley." . Indeed Keith (1905:92) complained that the literature at that time included hopeless contradictions of three, six, one and two races."[5]

Later work was sometimes marked by the same pattern with even Cro-Magnons being thrown into the mix.[6] Berry and Ucko also note most Egyptologists in earlier years "are at pains to disclaim any Negro element in the Egyptian populations after the predynastic period except for the population of Sudanese Kerma.." while producing shifting definitions of exactly what 'negroid' was. Quote:

".. the basic weakness of all claims to distinguish or decry Negro elements on the basis of metrical analyses is the absence of any rigorous population comparisons to isolate particular features which can be described as negroid. It is typical of this unsatisfactory situation that F.P [Petrie] 1928:68) although basing himself entirely on the original Stoessiger report, could sumarise the Badarian skull material in terms which denied any serious Negro element."[7]

Disclaiming any hint of negroid presence, Petrie held that the ancient Egyptian skulls in question were of Indian origin, some thousands of miles distant, versus the surrounding area, or those further south, which were within a few hundred.[8]
http://www.geocities.ws/nilevalleypeoples/index.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

"But they know very well what a white man is.. every time these
relationships are not favorable to the Western cultures, an effort is
made to undermine.. telling them [Africans] 'we don't know what a race
is' (Finch interview 1989:366-7; see also Diop 1991: 16-17)

-C.A. DIop

"But it is only the most gratuitous theory that considers the Dinka,
the Nouer and the Masai, among others, to be Caucasoids. What if an African
ethnologist were to persist in recognizing as white-only the blond, blue-eyed
Scandinavians, and systematically refused membership to the remaining Europeans,
and Mediterraneans in particular—the French, Italians, Greek, Spanish, and
Portuguese? Just as the inhabitants of Scandinavia and the Mediterranean countries
must be considered as two extreme poles of the same anthropological reality, so
should the Negroes of East and West Africa be considered as the two extremes in
the reality of the Negro world. To say that a Shillouk, a Dinka, or a Nouer is a
Caucasoid is for an African as devoid of sense and scientific interest as would be,
to a European, an attitude that maintained that a Greek or a Latin were not of the
same race."

-- Cheikh Anta Diop, 'Evolution of the Negro world', Presence Africaine (Vol. 23, no. 51, 1964), pp. 5-15.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
[QB] There's some people who seek to divide African between each other. I don't know why.

quote:
Originally posted by Amun Ra

They form a genetic family called "Sub-Saharan African" by DNA Tribes. So when DNA Tribes says Ancient Egyptian mummies matched African people, they meant the Sub-Saharan African category above. The Great Lakes, Southern, West and Sahelian African genetic families.

he started it
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:

^^Oh we all pretty much know why- so they can spin
the bogus, and hypocritical narratives about Africa and Africans.

As my old Geocities pages still says:

--------------------------------------------------------

"As noted in one detailed 1967 study by archaeologists Berry and Ucko (Genetical Change in Ancient Egypt):

"This is attested by the tendency in the past (summarised by Chantre 1904) to postulate all sorts of improbable racial amalgams in Egypt: mixtures of peoples representing a singular variety of groups (viz. Libyan, Caucasian, Arab, Pelasgian, Negro, Bushman, Mongol, Hamitic, Hamito-Semitic- even Red Indian and Australian aboriginal) were alleged to have migrated into the Nile Valley." . Indeed Keith (1905:92) complained that the literature at that time included hopeless contradictions of three, six, one and two races."[5]

Later work was sometimes marked by the same pattern with even Cro-Magnons being thrown into the mix.[6] Berry and Ucko also note most Egyptologists in earlier years "are at pains to disclaim any Negro element in the Egyptian populations after the predynastic period except for the population of Sudanese Kerma.." while producing shifting definitions of exactly what 'negroid' was. Quote:

".. the basic weakness of all claims to distinguish or decry Negro elements on the basis of metrical analyses is the absence of any rigorous population comparisons to isolate particular features which can be described as negroid. It is typical of this unsatisfactory situation that F.P [Petrie] 1928:68) although basing himself entirely on the original Stoessiger report, could sumarise the Badarian skull material in terms which denied any serious Negro element."[7]

Disclaiming any hint of negroid presence, Petrie held that the ancient Egyptian skulls in question were of Indian origin, some thousands of miles distant, versus the surrounding area, or those further south, which were within a few hundred.[8]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

"But they know very well what a white man is.. every time these
relationships are not favorable to the Western cultures, an effort is
made to undermine.. telling them [Africans] 'we don't know what a race
is' (Finch interview 1989:366-7; see also Diop 1991: 16-17)

-C.A. DIop

"But it is only the most gratuitous theory that considers the Dinka,
the Nouer and the Masai, among others, to be Caucasoids. What if an African
ethnologist were to persist in recognizing as white-only the blond, blue-eyed
Scandinavians, and systematically refused membership to the remaining Europeans,
and Mediterraneans in particular—the French, Italians, Greek, Spanish, and
Portuguese? Just as the inhabitants of Scandinavia and the Mediterranean countries
must be considered as two extreme poles of the same anthropological reality, so
should the Negroes of East and West Africa be considered as the two extremes in
the reality of the Negro world. To say that a Shillouk, a Dinka, or a Nouer is a
Caucasoid is for an African as devoid of sense and scientific interest as would be,
to a European, an attitude that maintained that a Greek or a Latin were not of the
same race."

-- Cheikh Anta Diop, 'Evolution of the Negro world', Presence Africaine (Vol. 23, no. 51, 1964), pp. 5-15.

Yes. Even in modern Egypt, there's still many people who are still genetically connected at different levels to Africans populations and thus Ancient Egyptians.

In this genetic distance tree (Tishkoff):
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8691/5gmh.jpg

We can see that some Middle Eastern populations like the Palestinians are genetically closer to African people than European or Indian populations. Neighboring regions always trade and exchanges genes between one another to various degree through time. We can see it in every genetic studies.

The study says the Ancient Egyptian had an indigenous origin. But it doesn't mean that was no genetic input from neighboring regions like the Middle East at all. In the sense, that even Ancient Greece and Rome probably had some African genetic input at some low level (maybe lower, I would say). The study mentions that trade networks of the Egyptian empire, would have undoubtedly brought with it people and genes from other regions to varying extents through time and space. This is before any foreign occupation of Ancient Egypt (15th Dynasty by the Hyskos).

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
The Ancient Egyptian state was indigenous but not completely isolated.
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Ancient Egypt was composed of 42 African tribes call nomes. Those black African tribes have different skin tones and hair textures. some members of those African tribes left Egypt during the Stellar, Lunar and Solar cults to create civilizations in the six continents.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
I think Ancient Egypt was composed of 42 African tribes call nomes. Those black African tribes have different skin tones and hair textures. some members of those African tribes left Egypt during the Stellar, Lunar and Solar cults to create civilizations in the six continents.

I agree. Egypt was a Pan-African civilization.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
 -

and compare to Reloaded.

I'm not posting any where, I'm far too busy raising my babies and looking after my wife.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by .Charlie Bass.:
I'm not posting any where, I'm far too busy raising my babies and looking after my wife.

Let's say, that I feel sorry for people who's only acquaintance to African history is through this or other online forum/blogs or even history websites.

Some people may be too busy or simply have other interests, but personally, I like to read about African history (among other things like watching movies, sports, etc). As I said above, it's almost like reading novels but instead the stories are real.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Amun-Ra The Ultimate

Amun do you recommend any books? or places where People tell there own history?

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Amun-Ra The Ultimate

Amun do you recommend any books? or places where People tell there own history?

Well, it's very vast and each people have their own interests. From Ancient Egyptians to the Wodaabe passing by the Zulu, Kongo and the Fang.

I never ordered from them, but that site:
http://www.africanbookscollective.com/ often have books that I'm interested about (I often stumble on that site when doing google search).

People can also cross check publishers (if you find an interesting book, check other books published by the same publisher). For example, check all the history books published by the University Press, Nigeria, if that region's history interest you. Same thing for other regions or other interests.

I also suggest visiting local libraries.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Old fashioned?. "Looking after my wife". I will get a spoon thrown at me if words like that comes out my mouth. [Smile] . Just saying...
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Breakdown of ES activities:

60% small talk
35% fudging with scientific reports
5% actual science and worthwhile analysis

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
the bottom line is ther have to be people to make new posts.
Son of Ra was doing it for a while but then Swenet stole him for his facebook group.

Also as I said there are some limits, people tire of the same subject over and over and new discoveries are not every day and don't always have that much discussion potential

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm tired of this back-inda-dayz ****.
Those people are just about all gone.
Either
1 - they could not adapt so they "died"
2 - they have no idea of STRUGGLE

I was looking at Rufus Perry (1880's)
and James Parker (19teens) among other
works I used to vend circa 1979-1982
and luckily still own that were re-issued
by GK Osei and the then fledling Black
Classics Press in "homemade" pamphlet
format.

You will find damn near exactly the
same arguments presented then (hell
even back to expurgated Volney from
the slavery era) as found on ES from
2004 to tomorrow.

Why? Because the struggle is continuous
(aluta continua). The very same stupidities
countered over 100 years ago are alive and
kicking today and some of it is not even
altered while some of it is slicked up
and comes out the mouths of current
population geneticists.

Those who shield themselves in private ivory
towers or retreat from public fields of battle
over Africa and all things African or think
ES is just spinning its wheels getting nowhere
do not understand the meaning of our struggle
nor the value it presents to those who really
know nothing but want to learn what they will
never ever get taught in school.

This is why some of us persevere and struggle.
Yearn and learn, each one teach one, is what
we do.

Here's to all who continue our struggle
no matter tedious or repetitive it seems
because we never know who we will reach
and what they will produce in the offline
real world.

It's not our job to finish the work
yet we cannot stand aside and look.

From time to time I broach a thread
and no will contribute while bullshit
threads go on with page after page of
shitshat and trivialities. So what?

No, ES will never be what it once was.
But who is in the ongoing struggle to
make ES as worthwhile as possible under
conditions that do try even the best of
us?

Those who won'tt continue the struggle
shut up and disappear back to whereever.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

The very same stupidities
countered over 100 years ago are alive and
kicking today and some of it is not even
altered while some of it is slicked up
and comes out the mouths of current
population geneticists.

name a few geneticists of the past 10 years and/or articles that have this type of content
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com