EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African Arms and Armors (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: African Arms and Armors
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maasai rungu (mace)
 -
 -

I like the femur shaped rungu

-

-

-

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Djehuti Good to see You. Maces seem Cool
Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Nice seeing you too, KING.

Dinka maces
 -
 -

-  -

Shilluk maces
 -
 -

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Came across a couple of links from a website, "vikingsword.com," that had some interesting swords. Reading through the first link these guy on the site were reluctant to accept the sword to be of west African origin because of its sophistication lmao. The engravings gave it away for me but the discussion as well as other tools/weapons brought up were insightful.

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12043&page=2&pp=30

-
 -
 -

Tim Simmons said it best by the halfway mark on the page.
quote:
"Could be that there is more African work to see?"

^ basically My reaction upon seeing glimpses of masterful and "unique" designs pop up from various regions. I'm really wondering if African swords are being credited to foreign populations, which contributes to why it is so hard to find these weapons in general.

The next link contains three swords said to be of the Kingdom of Dahomey. Not so much conversation here, however, one of the blades have a shaft very similar to that of an Akrafena. I'm wondering if I'm observing some form of continuity here, between the Akan and maybe the Fon?

-
 -
 -

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna505
Member # 23484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna505     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, what beautiful sabers !!!
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katty2121212
Member # 23487

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katty2121212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone!
I also recently came across an interesting link. It presents a large collection of swords from different periods and continents. From African to the best Viking swords LINK REMOVED
Got a lot of interesting information here and even bought some items for the collection

Irrelevant promotional content is not permitted //MOD

[ 16. November 2021, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Elmaestro ]

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Katty 2121212 Post an image to go with the link next time.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com