EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » A confession and an apology (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A confession and an apology
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since 2004 I have lied about being a rural Egyptian/Algerian Tuareg. This was a lie I created when I originally joined to give personal legitimacy to the African origin of the ancient Egyptians. I fell into this debate while on another inactive yahoo group called Ta-Seti. I still firmly believe from all the evidence that the ancient Egyptians originated in Africa and were black.

I apologize for living a false life on the internet and deceiving others about my ethnicity. This will ruin my reputation but its okay considering that I no longer want to live a lie or deceive the posters of Egyptsearch.

Truth is I am a white man who has an appreciation for African history and ancient Egyptian history. I have no problem with AE civilization or culture being black. The fact that black Americans would embrace ancient Egyptian culture as their own does not bother me as well.
However, over the years I have grown weary and disinterested with anthropology and history due to my inability to make a career of it. It was my full intention since my undergraduate was in Biology/Cultural Anthropology to hopefully foster an open academic debate about the subject discussing and combining modern Egypt, ancient Egypt, race and academia.

Abandoning cultural anthropology and choosing to move into pharmacy school was a financial move but my passion was still with ancient Egypt and African history. Since graduating from pharmacy school I have decided I will move into another direction going into medicine instead. My cultural anthropology background coupled with my knowledge of biology has made me a more culturally aware person which will aid me in providing quality care for my patients when I graduate from medical school.

Sorry for the deception everyone. Also sorry for the long soliloquy but I felt the posters of Egyptsearch were entitled to the truth.

[Smile]

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...so how much do you actually know about modern (not ancient) Egyptian culture? Did you glean it all from books or the Internet?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did undergraduate work in Egypt. Also helped out for some cultural anthropology projects for the University of Florida. My main interest was rural Egypt and the transition from rural to urban living. Also studied the folk traditions of the rural Coptic/Muslim populations in rural and urban communities.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I did undergraduate work in Egypt. Also helped out for some cultural anthropology projects for the University of Florida. My main interest was rural Egypt and the transition from rural to urban living.

All right, so you actually did have firsthand experience with Egyptians even if you weren't one yourself. May I ask how you got interested in modern rural Egypt to begin with?
Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's so funny, beyoku?
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Reading about ancient Egypt and also reading early 20th century literature from British writers about rural Egypt. I was curious where the direct descendants of the ancient went.
tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tropicals redacted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ausar

Gotta say, I had my doubts, which stemmed from your indifference to the complaints about the things anglo used to post here, and your apparent readiness to accommodate his requests to delete incriminating threads for him.

Somewhat strange to readily associate the above with someone who supposedly identified as black.

Posts: 805 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me a bit of Swenet who used to post on this forum as Kalonji (an Ashanti word) pretending to be someone of West African descent. He's also a white person. While everybody is welcome to discuss Ancient Egypt, I doubt the motivation of some people. Some people were here for racist purpose. He later changed his name for Swenet.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol @ amun ra cause he was doxed along with Cass and both pictures were shown.

I post as Beyoku. Does my name say anything about my identity? What does your name say about your identity?

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
Lol @ amun ra cause he was doxed along with Cass and both pictures were shown.

I post as Beyoku. Does my name say anything about my identity? What does your name say about your identity?

You say things about your identity by posting your haplogroups, a picture and pretending to be of West African descent.

Neutral names are not a problem. It's people pretending to be people they are not for dubious purpose. Although this is common on the internet. It's both lame and pathetic.

What is it with you and Truthcentric always posting in the place of Swenet anyway?

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun Ra The Ultimate:
This reminds me a bit of Swenet [...] he's also a
white person.

Ausar. Now that you're here, I expect you to delete
his trolling posts. I shouldn't have to come here
to tell this gay character to get off my nutsack
every time he gets hard on for me and starts to
randomly mention my name. I've sent you PMs about
this earlier. Are you going to act or am I going to
have to take matters into my own hands?

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Abandoning cultural anthropology and choosing to move into pharmacy school was a financial move but my passion was still with ancient Egypt and African history. Since graduating from pharmacy school I have decided I will move into another direction going into medicine instead.

So basically you took an university course in "Cultural Anthropology" whatever that means. It seems like a branch of a more general Anthropology course to me.

Then you became a Pharmacian and now you're on your way to become a Doctor and possibly a Rocket Scientist?

Thanks for coming clean. You didn't have to do that. No, really, you didn't.

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
@Swenet: Did I spit in your face again?

Like evil Tukuler did to you before you send him a pathetic PM?:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009029

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
@Swenet:

^I'm flagging another troll post for you to delete,
Ausar. Let's see how you respond to blatant trolling
from this homosexual who can't seem to stay away
from my nutsack.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
^^^Funny and pathetic coming from somebody who started this thread only because I was kicking his ass with argumentation in two other threads:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009024

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who else is white? raise your hands.

Lioness?

Hey. Nothing wrong with being white. I have a white friend.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
No, I have a Bachelors in Biology/Cultural Anthropology. I work as a pharmacist and I am preparing to enter MD/DO school. Rocket scientist is not on the agenda.

tropicals redacted, I am indifferent to most of what people post here. You want censorship? All the nasty and violently racist posts were deleted by this person. I will never advocate such as were posted by the former poster.

Anyway, I honestly don't care if people think this was not necessary. I posted this for myself because its not right to claim a false ethnicity online or a fake identity. Also I don't care if people attack me or use it against me.

Swenet, what do you want me to do about it? I already told you I cannot delete every thread. You and Amun should try to get along with each other or at least co-exist or disagree civilly. Any case you know that Egyptsearch is free reign and. Also I deleted many of the posts you sent to me.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can I use a conventional quote?
Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
What conventional quote?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Who else is white? raise your hands.

Lioness?

Hey. Nothing wrong with being white. I have a white friend.

Bahahahah
Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What conventional quote?

wait a minute, you're on the right side of the tracks now

I mean the quote about prefering

Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
If its not directly relating to the thread then its probably not a good idea.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You told me you can't delete every thread? I don't
recall you ever having said that to me. As a matter
of fact, I don't recall having asked you to delete
a thread, ever. And I know for a fact that I've
never asked you to do something unreasonable. I'd
appreciate it if you wouldn't make it seem like I'm
somehow conspiring to have others' threads deleted.

Most of my post the post couple of weeks have been
to address this troll's lies. I'm not going to keep
coming back to this forum to address that troll's
lies. We already know that Amun is a low IQ,
unproductive bum in society, who probably only
eats, sh!ts and sleeps, so he has all the time in
the world to perpetuate lies and exploit others'
inability keep up, timewise, with his smear campaigns.

I just need to know from you if you're going to
stand by and condone this troll's lies, which he's
not only spreading about me, BTW.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
You sent me a couple private messages requesting I delete some threads that you stated were spam. It was not directly about Amun but another poster spamming stuff about the Ashanti kingdom or something like that.

I was not accusing you of conspiring to have anybody's threads deleted. What I stated was that I cannot delete every post because its a time issue. Quite honestly I have given more than enough time to Egyptsearch than I want to. But if you feel that said posts were inflammatory and libel towards you then I will delete it.

I encourage you both to try to settle your differences or simply ignore each other because as you know its hard to ban people and anybody can come here and spam this forum. Not taking sides nor do I condone anybody. Just trying to remain transparent on this forum which is rather hard.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
You sent me a couple private messages requesting I delete some threads that you stated were spam.

Do you not know the difference between a single
request to delete deliberate outbursts of off-topic
posts intended to systematically obscure the evidence
an opponent is posting, vs a request to delete
"some threads"? Do you not know the difference
between sending you a single message (which you
ignored as far as PM exchanges go), vs sending
you private messages (plural) which supposedly
ended in you telling me that you "can't delete
every thread"? Those are hefty accusations Ausar,
especially in light of some of certain threads
that have been disappearing mysteriously over the
years on ES. Don't say things that implicate me
in what your fellow moderators (and possibly you)
are doing behind the scenes. The ONLY PM
I've sent you in the past months is:
quote:
Hey Ausar

This Akachi troll is spamming this thread with
picture spams regarding cultural affinities between
Ancient Egypt and modern day Africans in a thread
that's about physical anthropology and the physical
composition of AE. Can you remove his posts that
have nothing to do with the OP. Please read the
OP and remove the post he makes that have nothing
to do with the thread topic. He has been hijacking
the thread ever since he failed to make his point
about the physical anthropology of ancient Egypt.
The spams start mostly from here:

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009022;p=4#000197

I'm not asking you to delete anything because I
say so or because I don't like his posts. I'm
asking you to read the OP and to use your own
judgment to discern which of his posts are
on-topic and which are off-topic.

Thanks in advance.

That's it. And you're more than welcome to prove
me wrong.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Yeah that was the PM you sent me. Like I mentioned I am not trying to indite you in conspiring to delete any threads. It was my mistake to word it in a way that look like an accusation. Not my intention!

As far as the mysterious disappearing threads most people complain about, its not me deleting it. I have no idea if the other mods delete them as I donot maintain regular contact with none of them. This includes the owner/moderator Sammy.

Again, I am going to state that I don't have the time nor patience to moderate this forum anymore! I don't want to be a moderator and dig through posts deleting them ! I will do it this time but otherwise it has to be something illegal,graphic or offensive for me to delete!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not maintain regular contact with none of them. This includes the owner/moderator Sammy.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa... This is surprising.
Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ponsford
Member # 20191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ponsford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not really surprising,on the internet the deep psychosis in the human mind manifest itself in diverse ways.
Posts: 121 | From: Guyana | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, do NOT censor/delete ANY posts that are in my
Of course there were 'Horner' pharaohs
thread. Thank you.

Those of who've stuck it out here, and handled our home life
too, have become comfortable with ES' free exchange of ideas
(no matter how off-kilter someone may view someone else's).

Oh, thank you for inviting me here, where I could share
my insights and learn from many others, firstly under your
unique moderation style superior to Manansala or Rashidi.
And forget about rocket science, become a satellite astrophysicist! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
On the internet you can be who you want to be
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
@Tukuler
I donot plan to delete nor censor any threads. So you have nothing to worry about in that regards. This was never my intention but sometimes things get heated and some people like to hit below the belt if a debate does not go their way. I have tried my best to remain transparent in moderating the forum but many of the posters here probably want my head. Add to the fact my latest confession I am willing that it only adds more to the hate. Hopefully you are not one of them. I have nothing but respect for you as you have provided me alot of deep understanding of Africa, ancient Egypt, Judaism, and the bible I would have gotten nowhere else.

To you I would like to apologize for my fake facade. It was a bad decision that I decided upon during the initial debate about the ancient Egyptian ethnicity when this forum was active in 2004-2005. The whole creation of this forum came from that debate between Thought( anybody remember him) and modern Egyptians. The modern Egyptians rejected the notion that the ancient Egyptians were ''black'' Africans and even made racist remarks about the primitive nature of Africa. Through my research and travels to modern Egypt I know the predominate mass are brown with varying hair textures. In places like Luxor and Aswan you will find people if transported to America would be considered ''black'' in the American sense. So there are modern Egyptians that are black but they have no voice and wouldn't dare call themselves such.

Their customs parallel other Africans and they have been amalgamated into Islamic/Christian traditions. The same is true for the Nubians. Of course even the ''black'' Egyptians are heavily mixed with other groups but you can tell there are traces of African ancestry. Due to extreme Islam, Arabization and color hated in Arabic culture their culture is know dead or non-existent.

My mind is made up and off to medical school I go!

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
This was never my intention but sometimes things
get heated and some people like to hit below the
belt if a debate does not go their way.

Calling for moderation because someone is systematically
obscuring my posts by flooding a thread with spam
is a hit below the belt? I think you're getting high
off your pharmacy supplies, Ausar. You don't seem
to have all your marbles.

Don't project your mental issues onto me. YOU lied
about your identity for 10 years to make some distasteful
appeal to authority fallacy. Now, I'm not judging
you; how you choose to carry yourself in public is
your choice and the consequences you'll have to
deal with. But if there is someone who has been
trying to win debates and get points based on
sneaky manoeuvres, it's you.

[Wink]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
how do these two statements about modern Egyptians fit?

quote:

Through my research and travels to modern Egypt I know the predominate mass are brown with varying hair textures. In places like Luxor and Aswan you will find people if transported to America would be considered ''black'' in the American sense.

quote:

modern Egyptians rejected the notion that the ancient Egyptians were ''black'' Africans and even made racist remarks about the primitive nature of Africa.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swenet, I don't know if you took that as a sneak diss towards you but it wasn't. No, I have neither lost my marbles nor am I high on Hydrocodone. However, I don't understand why you think I am referencing you every time I mention disputes on Egyptsearch. How many times do I have to tell you I am not referencing you! If I had a problem with whomever I would directly mention them and not hide behind veiled insults!
I will take those comments about mental illness and sneaky maneuvers because I deserve it. However, those comments were not about you and I suggest you stop reading into posts because there have been other problems between posters than Amun and yourself. Do you remember a poster named Abaza?

Honestly, I will state again I don't care if others judge me or what opinions they form about me. I simply posted this here to absolve myself from living out a lie online.

Lioness, they pertain to the initial reason why I started frequenting this website and why I faked my ethnicity. They are relevant.

Okay, let me clarify for the last time by stating people ''hit below the belt'' means that people have always got heated on this message board. It has been this way since Egyptsearch's inception and will probably continue. This is not a reference to anybody!

tropicals redacted
Member # 21621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tropicals redacted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ausar
quote:
tropicals redacted, I am indifferent to most of what people post here. You want censorship?
How on earth is deletion of racist posts, the content of which wouldn't be tolerated on mainstream internet fora, 'censorship'?

quote:
All the nasty and violently racist posts were deleted by this person.
So are you saying that anglo/cass was able to delete his own threads? Is that what you're saying? If so, one of you is lying, because he told me that you deleted them for him.

If anglo/cass is able to delete threads, does this mean that he effectively has moderator rights?

If so, does this mean that he also has access to our passwords/login details?

Posts: 805 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since 2004 I have lied about being a rural Egyptian/Algerian Tuareg. This was a lie I created when I originally joined to give personal legitimacy to the African origin of the ancient Egyptians.

And you've just delegitimized your posting career for the past decade, and what about the people who referenced your posts on the strength of your knowledge+"Egyptian ethnicity"? I actually registered on this forum as I had a few ?s for you about AEgypt, but whatever in any case I'm glad you finally came clean.

Anyways hi guys. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most strange, I've know you since 2003, weird, but it is what it is. Why not appoint another moderator, someone like myself to remove trolling posts?
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
^ Exactly. . Time and time again I asked him to do that. The thing is only the admin can appoint a mod. Since his account is the only active mod.. I asked why not have someone just login as him. Of course there were privacy issues with the account being tied to his email but I then asked if you are not active in the site why not simply change your email associated with the account and give the account away to someone that will actively mod?
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Of course there hasnt ever been a satisfactory answer. He simply didn't want to give up the keys while at the same time refused to step in and clean the house. Useless. I could give 2 shits about lying about your identity. I do find it interesting that in all this time you couldn't trust a person to mod the site.
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why doesn't he just give someone his account? And change the email that is linked with his account.
Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^All good questions, for someone who doesn't have the time nor desire to mod the forum, yet blames himself as a large part of the forum's decline, maybe it's time he gives the reins over to a few new people who actually do care about the direction of the forum.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. I would that someone who is longer tenured than me here would do it, but I appear to be the only one here from the old 2003 gang. So long
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
If he were to give someone his account credentials,
his account would be deleted by the other moderators.
The latter have no history or agreements with any
of us regular posters, they'd probably see us as
a nuisance to their policy of unleashing their own
trolls on the forum and enabling the trolls that
come here on their own account. When ausar
interfered with the spam of the Ivanvansertima
account, you know, the troll whose presence
coincided with the messy google adword script
experiment, ausar got a PM from one of the other
moderators warning him to stay away from Ivanvansertima.

If you notice, two days after this confession thread,
there is brand new wave of spamming activity
outside of the Egyptology and Ancient Egypt sub-
fora. Not saying that ausar is involved but ausar's
claim that Sammy and the other moderators have
abandoned ES is clearly not true when you look at
the facts on the ground.

quote:
Swenet, I don't know if you took that as a sneak
diss towards you but it wasn't.

If it wasn't directed to me, sorry. I have no ill
will towards you. Never had. I just think you're
insensitive sometimes in certain respects. Its all
good though.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Look at the people coming out of the wood work to criticize me. Everybody has critique but does not realize how this site works. The way the site is set up only the owner can set up an admin. If it was as simply as handing the keys over I would have done that long time ago but I repeat I cannot appoint anybody. I don't even have the code to post in the moderator's forum.

No, I am not giving over my account and changing my email ! I donot trust another person with my account. What I want is deletion of my account.

Tropicals, the only thing I deleted of cass/anglo requested was pictures people were posting of him. All the other crap including a disturbing lynching scene were deleted of his. You seem quite dissatisfied with my moderation, and the fact I have lied about my ethnicity it gives you fuel for the conspiracy that was working with some insane white supremacist like cass/anglo. I assure you I was not!

Nobody referenced me as being a modern Egyptian except Djehuti. I get your point though but I have already apologized so you can't throw stones at a guy who already owned up for his crimes. If you do then most likely you have something against me before or just want a person to persecute. Either way I have already apologized.

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by .Charlie Bass.:
Indeed. I would that someone who is longer tenured than me here would do it, but I appear to be the only one here from the old 2003 gang. So long

It's not about longer tenure. It's about people who are still active on this forum in 2014. You admitted having too much on your plate with your wife and kids and not have time for egyptsearch or even cared that much about egyptology anymore because the lack of time. You would make an horrible moderator.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Swenet, I don't know if the owners have abandoned the site but I know every section except Egyptsearch has no active posters. I assure you that my confession has nothing to do with the spam or the mysterious deleted posts. Mysteriously deleted posts have been going on since 2004 when I first appointed a moderator by sammy.
I don't know Sammy personally. I did have his email but lost it and every time I tried to email him to get people banned after 2008 nobody would answer. I do know that the other two appointed moderators for Egyptsearch are long gone. That is Mansa Musa and Yom. Maybe they are under different names. I don't know.

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While some other posters have mentioned they don't care about the ethnicity deception, I think it is quite important considering you drew on that to give you extra authority when making posts.

What prompted this...cleaning of the conscience? And why ten years later?

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Just felt I had an obligation to the posters to confess to my lie. I don't know if it was conscience but I no longer wanted to lie about my ethnicity online. For the most part I had abandoned this message board somewhere around 2009 probably and keep coming back just to delete posts when people would ask me.
Besides my ethnicity the things I stated still are quite accurate for modern Egypt. I never lied about modern Egypt. If you doubt me then there are field researchers that work in Egypt and have published various journal articles and books.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com