EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Levant an Extension of Africa/Sons of Ham (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Levant an Extension of Africa/Sons of Ham
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 8893 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to bump then please offer why you are bumping it... News that confirm whats stated on the front page? Because I consider much on the front page dated/debunked besides the comments on Dark skined Syrians vs lighter skinned ones.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elite Diasporan:
... I consider much on the front page dated/debunked ...

What's particularly been successfully refuted?
And I don't mean settle sided opinion.

What's wrong with a bump up for no reason at all?
Why micromanage?
If no one's interested the thread will hibernate.

Meanwhile threads locked for security, before Rey
got full power, and threads now in the renamed
forum that differs from its old use need 'liberation'.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Because its lowkey spamming.

Anyways, I'm mostly referring to thr Natufians.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
What's wrong with a bump up for no reason at all?
Why micromanage?
If no one's interested the thread will hibernate.

Meanwhile threads locked for security, before Rey
got full power, and threads now in the renamed
forum that differs from its old use need 'liberation'.

Bumping very old threads slows down activity and detract from relevant or hot topics.
Most silent bumps regress into "hibernation" which essentially makes the action of bumping old threads both frivolous and cumbersome.

~New posters and lurkers likely won't read through pages of very old threads because of a bump with no commentary.
~If conversations presented in old threads are dated the new guys who would waste time reading through the thread
just wasted a substantial amount of time, and or would likely add to a resolved or unnecessary discussion.
~Vets and usuals will likely ignore the threads once they see nothing new/interesting has been added in years or months.
~New and growing threads will get bumped down in the forums index resulting in less clicks despite worthy discussion topics.

All in all it's annoying
Most forums prohibit necroposting...
We're just asking for a lil relevant commentary, that's all.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Basically what Elmaestro stated.
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'll be

I nevuh

Now I
know bettuh.

Thx

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only bumped it because just because it is old does not mean it is not relevant.

But I get your point though.

The issue becomes that over time threads that are hot today will just become old and then what? A new thread on the same topic every couple years?

But that is a side issue.

Posts: 8893 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
You can bump old threads. But give a REASON for why you are bumping them. Why it was important. Do you have new ideas? Did something new come out that further confirms that old thread's talking points? Because just bumping old threads for the heck of it is lowkey spamming.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com