EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Lady Rai mummy compared to Tarim mummy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lady Rai mummy compared to Tarim mummy
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

Lady Rai (c. 1570/1560 – 1530 BCE) was an ancient Egyptian woman of the early 18th Dynasty who served as nursemaid to Queen Ahmose-Nefertari (1562-1495 BCE). Her mummified remains were discovered in a Theban tomb in 1881 and she is estimated to have been in her 30s at the time of her death.

The Tarim mummies are a series of mummies discovered in the Tarim Basin in Xinjiang, China, which date from 1900 BC to 200 AD.
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

Queen Ahmose Nefertari

Ahmose-Nefertari of Ancient Egypt was the first Queen of the 18th Dynasty. She was a daughter of Seqenenre Tao II and Ahhotep I, and royal sister and the great royal wife of pharaoh, Ahmose I. She was the mother of king Amenhotep I and may have served as his regent when he was young. Ahmose-Nefertari was deified after her death.
 -

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady Rai eh?

Musta bin Berber (and a 'cheba' at that.
 -

skip to 4:54 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bwiAJVBpFo

or dig on the westernized version yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArAhmK2gCAU

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, let's compare (and contrast) the two mummies my unintelligent, wormy, associate.
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -

First off, the hair of the two mummies is very different. The Tarim woman has cymotrichous hair whereas Lady Rai has heliotrichous i.e. 'kinky' type hair which even your mistress Mathilda has commented on!

quote:
 -
Judging by the profile views above, Lady Rai has a rounded glabella and what is even more striking full prognathism! The Tarim woman has a flat glabella and no prognathism at all.

Of course I could go on and on with more differences, like Lady Rai being dolichocephalic while the Tarim woman is brachycephalic, etc. etc. But the point is really the only thing they have in common is that both are female mummies, one African and more ancient the other Eurasian and relatively more recent.

End of thread.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha DJ you fell for the bait.

BUT

Cmon mahn we need your piercing
analysis etc not you chasing
weasels round the mulberry bush.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pattrick
Member # 22854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pattrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If interested, take a look at the article about Tarim mummies
Posts: 3 | From: Zadar | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Welcome aboard.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol at this thread. Reminds me of how creative lioness has been with various ways to insert the pure Arabian, pure European, yet mixed African narrative.

Have to give it to her. The Tarim Basin mummy vs Egyptian mummy angle was kind of creative. But we now know where some of those commonalities come from.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com