EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: Africoid people? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OT: Africoid people?
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion I think this term is much more accurate. While I am "black" myself and use the term black socially, I believe the term "black" is much to "small" for the African world that is large and diverse and beyond even the African continent.
 -

Like I said the African world is huge. And Africans are obviously the most genetically/phenotypically diverse people on this planet.
 -

A term like "Africoid" would fit that extremely large diversity. It would fit the biological diversity of Africans. It wouldn't be limited to one phenotype, but extend to phenotypes that one would consider "Caucasoid" or ones considered to be not associated with black people. And like I said it would extend to African descent people outside of Africa.

I also think it would break barrier terms such as "Sub Saharan" or "Black African". To be considered Africoid one must have in-built genetic African diversity from the continent.

This to me would be valid in scientific discussions...

Anyways this is all just my opinion, but thoughts?

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But to clarify my true agenda behind this thread. I was having an interesting discussion on another site about African diversity. The discussion soon went to the Tuaregs. The person I was debating with while agreed that Tuaregs were "African", they were not "black". While I somewhat agree, I do know that Tuaregs are not one monolithic people and vary in phenotype. But he was mainly referring to these types.
 -

While they are indigenous Africans and share African genetic lineages, he called that they are not phenotypically "black". This is why I thought up the term "Africoid".

I apologize if I am not explaining things clearly, just want to try and state my reasons.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
A much better definition according to S.O.Y Keita-"to describe African descent populations whose morphological variants originate exclusively within the African continent." S.O.Y. Keita. "Studies and Comments on The Biological Relationships of Ancient Egyptians". History in Africa, 20: 129-154 (1993)

[Smile]

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuaregs are an admixture between Africans and non-African populations in the past.

Whether you consider any populations biologically Africans is a bit subjective for any substantially admixed populations in Africa (Tuaregs, Berbers, Nubians, Beja, Somali, etc). Personally, I go with 50% of African "genes" to classify any groups or individual as biologically Africans. African "genes" (or alleles) are those which appeared in Africa after the OOA migrations and before any back migrations of non-Africans in Africa (for example you can see it at K=2 in the admixture software prediction).

Under that subjective 50% criteria, most Tuareg and East Africans like Somali are biologically Africans. While Berbers and modern Egyptians are not.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
^^^
Though I mentioned genetics multiple time, this thread is really mainly touching base on Phenotype. As their morphology is indigenous to Africa.

Also how are Nubians, Somalis and Beja substantially admixed? I thought Somalis were the least admixed of Cushite speaking horners?

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:

Also how are Nubians, Somalis and Beja substantially admixed? I thought Somalis were the least admixed of Cushite speaking horners?

The easiest way to see it, as I said above, is to use the admixture software analysis at k=2.

For example here. Top row in figure c : http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/images_article/nature13997-f1.jpg

This is from the 'African genome variation project':
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/full/nature13997.html

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The term has already been used,
11.000 results on youtube

The Black Scholar: Journal of Black Studies and Research
Who Were The First Americans?
LH Clegg - The Black Scholar, 1975 - Taylor & Francis
... 3--Did invading Mongoloids usurp Afri- coid territories and,

3--Did invading Mongoloids usurp Afri- coid territories and, as their white counter- parts in the
"Old World," arrogate black cul- tural achievements? 4-Finally, are the remote Africoid tribes,
that have survived into this very day in Cen- tral and South America, remnants of once ...

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/3608-Is-Africoid-a-more-accurate-term-than-negroid

Is 'Africoid' a more accurate term than negroid?

Now look at this:

http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/201220012.htm

this guy Jean Borgatti wrote the following in 2001

quote:

Asia has long been home to ancient Africoid cultures and peoples. The word Africoid here refers to those native inhabitants of Asia whose phenotype closely resembles that of Africans. Asia's Africoid populations include such groups as the Dravidians of India and various peoples of Southeast Asia and the South Seas referred to as Melanasians, Oceanic Negroids, Negritos, Australoids and more.

Jean Borgatti, Ph.D.
Part-time Faculty: African, Amerindian, and Oceanic art
Department of Visual and Performing Art
Clark University
Worcester, MA

^^^ the man has written a lot of articles on African culture

But is his defintion right?

look at the many google scholar entires here:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=africoid&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C33&as_sdtp=

You will find that in afrocentric writing going back to the 70's the term "Africoid" is applied to African looking people in parts of the world that are not Africa.

How old is the term? I'm not sure. I saw a citation for 1962 and possible one for 1926 or earlier but that could be a mistake

If you look at scientific articles in peer reviewed articles "Africoid" means "Negroid"

http://chromsci.oxfordjournals.org/content/36/3/125.short

Simultaneous Quantitation of Cocaine, Opiates, and Their Metabolites in Human Hair by Positive Ion Chemical Ionization Gas Chromatography—Mass Spectrometry
Karin M. Höld

" Subject hair samples Hair samples (anterior and posterior) were collected from five healthy
Africoid or Caucasian males who participated in re- 126 Page 3. .."

The word "africoid" is simply an alternate word for "negroid" but is location based rather than color based, perhaps better for this reason

"Africoid" means African or looks African

However as SOY Keita pointed out people of similar phenotypes may be gentetically dissimilar

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009185;p=2

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BlessedbyHorus, beautiful photo collage. Very realistic as a Africoid people.

Within the upcoming 50 years, the African population will make up almost 2 billion.

-

http://populationpyramid.net/sub-saharan-africa/2050/

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
Tuaregs are an admixture between Africans and non-African populations in the past.

Whether you consider any populations biologically Africans is a bit subjective for any substantially admixed populations in Africa (Tuaregs, Berbers, Nubians, Beja, Somali, etc). Personally, I go with 50% of African "genes" to classify any groups or individual as biologically Africans. African "genes" (or alleles) are those which appeared in Africa after the OOA migrations and before any back migrations of non-Africans in Africa (for example you can see it at K=2 in the admixture software prediction).

Under that subjective 50% criteria, most Tuareg and East Africans like Somali are biologically Africans. While Berbers and modern Egyptians are not.

LOL So, have you met a Tuareg ever personally?

And of what subgroup are you speaking anyway? LOL
Most likely you yourself don't even know. LOL

You go with 50% of African? Ok. LOL

-

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
But to clarify my true agenda behind this thread. I was having an interesting discussion on another site about African diversity. The discussion soon went to the Tuaregs. The person I was debating with while agreed that Tuaregs were "African", they were not "black". While I somewhat agree, I do know that Tuaregs are not one monolithic people and vary in phenotype. But he was mainly referring to these types.
 -

While they are indigenous Africans and share African genetic lineages, he called that they are not phenotypically "black". This is why I thought up the term "Africoid".

I apologize if I am not explaining things clearly, just want to try and state my reasons.

If you mean by black a racist bantu stereotype created by whites during the 17th, 18th, 19th century it possible could be true. Question: should I take their idioticy as valid? The people you see in that pic have typical North Saharan traits. This goes from the east to the west coast.

Go ask that peson wjhat would happen in any of them would walk down the streets of America, ie down South. LOL

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
quote:

The easiest way to see it, as I said above, is to use the admixture software analysis at k=2.

For example here. Top row in figure c : http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/images_article/nature13997-f1.jpg

This is from the 'African genome variation project':
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/full/nature13997.html

Booboo, where is archeological and anthropological evidence for all this back migration?

They try to corporate/ correlate this paper into their theory. "Lakeside Cemeteries in the Sahara: 5000 Years of Holocene Population and Environmental Change".

Thou, nowhere does it state such in this paper, but in fact the opposite. Then again, I have seen plently of white extremists claiming it was due to Med-europeans moving into the green-Sahara.

Now here is the thing, about 3 years ago I encountered into someone on Youtube, a very racsit white individual. Who claimed that whites/ europeans / cac's were actually the progenitors and the actual ancient Egyptians. I explained that anceint Egyptians originated from the Sahar-Sahel.

He then claimed that he had a friend from some university, who was at the Sahel doing genetic research on indigenous people, and how they was going to PROVE that cac's lived there blah blah blah.

quote:
There has been enormous literature about phenotypic variation in Africans. The ultra-migrationism of old was replaced by ultra-selectionism that sought to explain every phenotypic marker of Eurasian admixture in Africa not as evidence of such admixture, but as a parallel process of evolution whereby some Africans tended to resemble some Eurasians not because of admixture but because of adaptation to similar environmental conditions.
[Big Grin]

See, I've met plenty of racist white folks who never have and never will except the OoA. They don't derive from niggers as they put it. So the answer is/was a new basal and backmigrations.

To put is as simple and raw, they have to coverup a lie a with another lie. There is no turnng back. They have chosen this path centuries ago.

What was the purpose of this so called medical paper anyway? LOL

More to come...LOL

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Researchers from the African Genome Variation Project (AGVP) have published the first attempt to comprehensively characterise genetic diversity across Sub-Saharan Africa. The study of the world's most genetically diverse region will provide an invaluable resource for medical researchers and provides insights into population movements over thousands of years of African history. These findings appear in the journal Nature.

[...]

quote:
"Given the evolutionary history of many African populations, we expect them to be genetically more diverse than Europeans and other populations. However we know little about the nature and extent of this diversity and we need to understand this to identify genetic risk factors for disease."
quote:
We speculate that residual differentiation between Ethiopian and other SSA populations after masking Eurasian ancestry (pairwise FST = 0.027) may be a remnant of East African diversity pre-dating the Bantu expansion10.
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/about/press/2014/141203.html
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -

Trail of Tools Reveals Modern Humans' Path Out of Africa
Early Homo sapiens lingered in a lush Arabia before encountering Neanderthals in the Levant.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/02/150224-africa-stone-tools-modern-humans-arabia-emiran-nubian-origins/

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
[QB] The term has already been used,

3--Did invading Mongoloids usurp Afri- coid territories and, as their white counter- parts in the
"Old World," arrogate black cul- tural achievements? 4-Finally, are the remote Africoid tribes,
that have survived into this very day in Cen- tral and South America, remnants of once ...

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/3608-Is-Africoid-a-more-accurate-term-than-negroid

The best arguments came from HillY, Game Theory (of course), EliasAlucard is loony in the head for real mentally deranged. This loon doesn't know that the Romans encountered BLACK looking people. Nothing like them cac's. SMH LOL And on average the Norh African east and west still looks like a mixed black person to a variate degree (mulatto, quadroon and octoroon). And Phoenicians were of the E-M34 linage. Serge is another loon.

Sanjub_Saraswati and Lol_Race are great posters as well. And Maafa and Grasshoppa were just on point.

Louisvilleslugger:

Africoid- "to describe African descent populations whose morphological variants originate exclusively within the African continent." S.O.Y. Keita. "Studies and Comments on The Biological Relationships of Ancient Egyptians". History in Africa, 20: 129-154 (1993)

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
[QB]
Now look at this:

http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/201220012.htm

this guy Jean Borgatti wrote the following in 2001

quote:

Asia has long been home to ancient Africoid cultures and peoples. The word Africoid here refers to those native inhabitants of Asia whose phenotype closely resembles that of Africans. Asia's Africoid populations include such groups as the Dravidians of India and various peoples of Southeast Asia and the South Seas referred to as Melanasians, Oceanic Negroids, Negritos, Australoids and more.

Jean Borgatti, Ph.D.
Part-time Faculty: African, Amerindian, and Oceanic art
Department of Visual and Performing Art
Clark University
Worcester, MA

^^^ the man has written a lot of articles on African culture

But is his defintion right?

Afri-coid

Africa coid What he he saying is that in phenotype they do resemble Africans.

We had a thread on this once on EG. Oceanic people resembling African and vs.

http://www.clarku.edu/faculty/facultybio.cfm?id=218

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol # Ish Gebor:
quote:
 -

If you mean by black a racist bantu stereotype created by whites during the 17th, 18th, 19th century it possible could be true. Question: should I take their idioticy as valid? The people you see in that pic have typical North Saharan traits. This goes from the east to the west coast.

Go ask that peson wjhat would happen in any of them would walk down the streets of America, ie down South. LOL

Good point... It seems the term black have different meanings between different groups. Which I understand. In America(without knocking their background), those Tuaregs would be considered black. Especially in Jim Crow era America.

But since they are Berbers, Eurocentrics/racists must do the "opposite" of the one drop rule. lol!

This is why I suggested the "Africoid" terms so don't play into their silly semantics.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QB] The term has already been used,

The best arguments came from HillY, Game Theory (of course), EliasAlucard is loony in the head for real mentally deranged. This loon doesn't know that the Romans encountered BLACK looking people. Nothing like them cac's. SMH LOL And on average the Norh African east and west still looks like a mixed black person to a variate degree (mulatto, quadroon and octoroon). And Phoenicians were of the E-M34 linage. Serge is another loon.

Sanjub_Saraswati and Lol_Race are great posters as well. And Maafa and Grasshoppa were just on point.

Louisvilleslugger:

Africoid- "to describe African descent populations whose morphological variants originate exclusively within the African continent." S.O.Y. Keita. "Studies and Comments on The Biological Relationships of Ancient Egyptians". History in Africa, 20: 129-154 (1993)

Aye... Forumbiodiversity. While I do like some members on that site like Beyoku. That site I sometimes can't take seriously, especially by some of the post in that thread.

Its like those people are stuck in the Carleton S Coon era with their obession with "Negroid" and "Caucasoid". Even the black members too! These people correlate physical anthropological with genetiscs! How the hell can someone have "Negroid admixture"???? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

We're in the freaking 21st century for crying out loud. According to their logic these Nigerian Fulanis are not, "Negroid".
 -

But yet Nigerian Fulanis show close affinity to other Niger-Congo speakers who are considered "Negroid".

Sanjub_Saraswati and Louisvilleslugger were the only smart people on the thread...

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black is no less valid than Africoid. The same folks playing semantics with the word black will play semantics with the word Africoid. I prefer tropically adapted which is a more biological oriented term not tied to any specific cultural, social or nationalistic construct. To those who don't know the propaganda, it can be confusing but the point is they play these games with semantics in order to avoid the logical conclusion that ALL human features originate with black people. By muddying up the water with all these "racial" categories and other constructs they can inject "white" or "caucasian" histories into any population they see fit based on any history or culture they think has "value" to them, AKA ancient Egypt. Once you stress the fact that African populations are the most diverse on earth, then they are forced to either claim that black Africans have multiple "racial" types or race is an artificial construct. The current scam is to try and treat black Africans as all having the same "type", which is the purpose of the term "negroid" which does not fit the facts on the ground. It is meant to pigeonhole Africans into limited subset of features and then assign diversity to non African populations, leading to absurd claims like multi regional human evolution based on genetic mixing with other species of hominids. All of this is simply trying to cover up and hide the fact that all human features originate with black African or tropically adapted people migrating out of Africa.
Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
 -

Good point... It seems the term black have different meanings between different groups. Which I understand. In America(without knocking their background), those Tuaregs would be considered black. Especially in Jim Crow era America.

But since they are Berbers, Eurocentrics/racists must do the "opposite" of the one drop rule. lol!

This is why I suggested the "Africoid" terms so don't play into their silly semantics.

In europe no Berber is considerd a cac or white. That is an absured claim. And certainly not a Tuareg.

Here is a blog from a old poster. Dana, she's an anthropologist. And has written a considerable amount on Berbers in particular.

http://www.afroasiatics.blogspot.com/

Here is a valid rwefernce page:

http://www.saharajournal.com

This one is home grown.

http://tuaregcultureandnews.blogspot.com

http://saharareporters.tv

A nd yes , I have seen threads on Fulb where they claim Fulb as cac's. Even on here, EG. LOL

The site Fulanitube is down at this momnet, but will be reopened wthinin a few weeks. So, you can look up the FaceBook page

https://www.facebook.com/fulanitube

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Doug M

But wouldn't tropical adapted also include non-African people like Melanesians and Australian aboriginals?

@Troll Patrol

LOL! I see you're using Coli terms. [Big Grin]

Anyways yes I am aware of Dana Manirche. I actually use her work a lot and my arguments are influenced by hers. This thread is one of my favorites by her.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008109

I've heard many times that Berbers/North Africans in Europe are called the N word.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
@Doug M

But wouldn't tropical adapted also include non-African people like Melanesians and Australian aboriginals?

@Troll Patrol

Anyways yes I am aware of Dana Manirche. I actually use her work a lot and my arguments are influenced by hers. This thread is one of my favorites by her.

I've heard many times that Berbers/North Africans in Europe are called the N word.

I even had a young Moroccan boy at on time being called niggger by a young Turkish boy. The young Moroccan boy clearly understood. They were about 8 years old. And on occasion real biracial children are being mistaken for Moroccans.

I had a discussion, actually quite a few lol on Topix years ago. Some of my Moroccan friends there had pictures up and they were called ape and what not, by these ignorant whites/ cac's.

I once posted a pic of a Moroccan female rapper without telling who she was. The reply by them was YOU AFRICAN AMERICANS are not North African. LOL

This is her and the pic I had posted:

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Africoids.

Modern Day North Africans who Exhibit 'Archaic' Features

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
I feel like reviving this thread:

Land-Ocean Interactions: Climate Variability off West Africa for the Last 21, 000 year

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
@Doug M

@Troll Patrol

Yes, that's (and was) a popular thread.

Tuareg are of different ethic "stock". But make not such distinctions as these europeans/ whites/ cac's try to make it out.

Festival Afoukada (Tuareg Fulani festival)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPGRanrzMnY

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
@Doug M

@Troll Patrol

I even had a young Moroccan boy at on time being called niggger by a young Turkish boy. The young Moroccan boy clearly understood. They were about 8 years old. And on occasion real biracial children are being mistaken for Moroccans.

I had a discussion, actually quite a few lol on Topix years ago. Some of my Moroccan friends there had pictures up and they were called ape and what not, by these ignorant whites/ cac's.

I once posted a pic of a Moroccan female rapper without telling who she was. The reply by them was YOU AFRICAN AMERICANS are not North African. LOL

-

lol...Topix is a real cesspool. [Eek!]

But I never knew North Africans were met with racism on Topix. I unusually saw some of them side with Eurocentrics/racists. But yeah Topix is not a true glimpse of reality as even Horners were extremely racist. But I know that is not true especially for Ethiopians as I met MANY cool ones around the net and my sister who is black was/is treated very kindly in Ethiopia.

I also heard from many, many, many blacks from France that "Sub Saharan Africans" and North Africans get a long quite well and they live in the same neighborhoods. Also heard that many North African women date "Sub Saharan African" men. [Eek!]

Btw that Moroccan rapper looks good. May post her on that North African women thread I showed you. Again you should join and help out. [Cool]

The site can use someone like you. Anyways in the thread many of the posters agreed that Moroccans resemble biracials a lot.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:

Tuareg are of different ethic "stock". But make not such distinctions as these europeans/ whites/ cac's try to make it out.

Hmmmm... I thought Tuaregs represented an older branch of Berbers? Due to their affinity to some Northeast African groups like the Beja? Also considering their high frequencies of E-M81. Shouldn't the Tuargegs be considered the "foundation" of the Berbers?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

PS: Cool video. I consider Fulanis to be "intermediate" between Niger-Congo speakers and Berber speakers.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
Black is no less valid than Africoid. The same folks playing semantics with the word black will play semantics with the word Africoid. I prefer tropically adapted which is a more biological oriented term not tied to any specific cultural, social or nationalistic construct. To those who don't know the propaganda, it can be confusing but the point is they play these games with semantics in order to avoid the logical conclusion that ALL human features originate with black people. By muddying up the water with all these "racial" categories and other constructs they can inject "white" or "caucasian" histories into any population they see fit based on any history or culture they think has "value" to them, AKA ancient Egypt. Once you stress the fact that African populations are the most diverse on earth, then they are forced to either claim that black Africans have multiple "racial" types or race is an artificial construct. The current scam is to try and treat black Africans as all having the same "type", which is the purpose of the term "negroid" which does not fit the facts on the ground. It is meant to pigeonhole Africans into limited subset of features and then assign diversity to non African populations, leading to absurd claims like multi regional human evolution based on genetic mixing with other species of hominids. All of this is simply trying to cover up and hide the fact that all human features originate with black African or tropically adapted people migrating out of Africa.

Cosigned.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Hmmmm... I thought Tuaregs represented an older branch of Berbers? Due to their affinity to some Northeast African groups like the Beja? Also considering their high frequencies of E-M81. Shouldn't the Tuargegs be considered the "foundation" of the Berbers?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

PS: Cool video. I consider Fulanis to be "intermediate" between Niger-Congo speakers and Berber speakers.

Yes, the Tuareg have affinities with Beja and other Sahara-Sahelian ethnic groups. Thus the features show.

-

Technically the Tuareg could be considered the foundation of the Berbers.

quote:
The remarkable archaeological site, dating back 10,000 years and called Gobero after the Tuareg name for the area, was brimming with skeletons of humans and animals — including large fish and crocodiles. Gobero is hidden away within Niger’s forbidding Ténéré Desert, known to Tuareg nomads as a “desert within a desert.”

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080815101317.htm

quote:
This site has been called Gobero, after the local Tuareg name for the area. About 10,000 years ago (7700–6200 B.C.E.), Gobero was a much less arid environment than it is now. In fact, it was actually a rather humid lake side hometown of sorts for a group of hunter-fisher-gatherers who not only lived their but also buried their dead there. How do we know they were fishing? Well, remains of large nile perch and harpoons were found dating to this time period.
http://anthropology.net/2008/08/14/the-kiffian-tenerean-occupation-of-gobero-niger-perhaps-the-largest-collection-of-early-mid-holocene-people-in-africa/

BTW, the above is what they claimed as "their" suppose backmigration, we've seen earlier on. They try to claim it as theirs. Which is ridiculous of course.

-

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
^^^Just what I thought. Tuaregs are the founding branch of the Berber people. I mean isn't the Tuareg language also much other than the other Berber languages?

Due to this I find it extremely funny and ironic how some Eurocentrics want to separate Tuaregs from Berbers.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
@Doug M

@Troll Patrol

-

lol...Topix is a real cesspool. [Eek!]

But I never knew North Africans were met with racism on Topix. I unusually saw some of them side with Eurocentrics/racists. But yeah Topix is not a true glimpse of reality as even Horners were extremely racist. But I know that is not true especially for Ethiopians as I met MANY cool ones around the net and my sister who is black was/is treated very kindly in Ethiopia.

I also heard from many, many, many blacks from France that "Sub Saharan Africans" and North Africans get a long quite well and they live in the same neighborhoods. Also heard that many North African women date "Sub Saharan African" men. [Eek!]

Btw that Moroccan rapper looks good. May post her on that North African women thread I showed you. Again you should join and help out. [Cool]

The site can use someone like you. Anyways in the thread many of the posters agreed that Moroccans resemble biracials a lot.

All of the above is cosigned.

What you have sen on the net is rubbish. And doesnt deal with reality.

I haven't been to France but from what I know and heard, yes that is true. Where I live there are no distinctions as euronuts try to make it out. People from North Africa, Caribbean etc...all get along well. Never heard anyone from North Africa claim to be a cac btw.

And especially at topix a lot of white trolls come with fake accounts and fake pictures.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
All of the above is cosigned.

What you have sen on the net is rubbish. And doesnt deal with reality.

I haven't been to France but from what I know and heard, yes that is true. Where I live there are no distinctions as euronuts try to make it out. People from North Africa, Caribbean etc...all get along well. Never heard anyone from North Africa claim to be a cac btw.

And especially at topix a lot of white trolls come with fake accounts and fake pictures. [/QB]

I haven't been to France either, but from my reality I too can kinda tell its true. I use to date this Moroccan girl. And prior to dating me she use to date black guys. I'll admit it could have been because she was Americanized and lived around black people, but her parents were also pretty relaxed with me. Kinda defeats the myth that most North Africans are racist to blacks like how it gets promoted online.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africoid=Negroid????

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Doug M

Tropically Adapted AFRICANS covers most bases. And yes
of course, people from tropical areas will show tropical features.

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB]
quote:

wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuareg_people#Genetics

The DNA of the Tuaregs, like most berbers, is predominantly African in the paternal Y DNA while predominantly Eurasian in the maternal mtDNA.

The berbers generally have high frequencies of E-M81 (aka E 3) in their male Y DNA line except the Siwa of Egypt

The berbers have high Euraisian frequencies in their female mtDNA line of Eurasian DNA, particularly haplogroup H

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006843;p=1#000005

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
The terms "Africoid" or "Negroid" has been used by afrocentrists such as Van Sertima
and also white scientists. I can cite the term being used dozens of times in past decades

But still It is an outdated term and words ending in "oid" to describe human populations is becoming less and less

The term for African is African

no need to attach "oid" to it

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've come to believe that any search for a reliable all-encompassing label for darker-skinned African populations that won't be loaded with unwanted connotations is futile. But for my part, I've decided "Black African" works fine as a strictly morphological descriptor. It was originally meant to connote a certain range of skin colors and didn't necessarily address genetic population substructure or whatever (since pre-modern Europeans wouldn't have even developed the necessary evolutionary theory). And really, the relative paucity of Eurasian lighter-skin alleles is what populations as disparate as Herto and Omo, ancient Egypto-Nubians, and modern Nigerians and Somalis share on a morphological level. Not much more to it.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
I've come to believe that any search for a reliable all-encompassing label for darker-skinned African populations that won't be loaded with unwanted connotations is futile. But for my part, I've decided "Black African" works fine as a strictly morphological descriptor.

There is a term for Africans it's African

there is no need to separate Africans into Black Africans and Non-Black Africans

(unless you are only referring to recent migrants to Africa, of the past several hundred years who are only African in citizenship)

For eample a lighter skinned Khosian could be brought up and then somebody could try to argue they are not dark enough to be a black African.
That is why using the term "Black African " is obsolete and usually leads to unecessary semantic controveries

The term for Africans is African
If you want to get into ancestry, look at the DNA and history of a region -rather than having to apply a sterotyped color
name

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

This is the real issue for the thread but it is not an issue for me.

Above we have a dark skinned man from Papua New Guinea.
He is classified by anthropolgists as Oceanic
He is part of a population that is thought to have been living outside of Africa for 60,000 or more years and his DNA would reflect that

Now, people want to include people like this for political purposes into their group because there's power in numbers-
He looks kind of African so he's "black" (a sociial construct term) or he's "Africoid"

All that means is he has what they used to call "Negroid" physical traits and looks similar to Africans

But it leads to confusion when the political agenda is always being mixed into detailed scientific analysis

So all of these terms "black"," Africoid" etc is really code for Negroid, just a nicer way of saying it.

So instead of using euphamisms keep it real and just say "Negroid"

-or change your prespective on the fundamental post-phenotype-is-everything level

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Zaharan

What I mean is that my personal definition of "Africoid" means those indignous to Africa and with "African genetics."

@Lioness

What does that post have ti do with Tuaregs being the foundation of Berber group. Of course Tuaregs have some Eurasian linages, especially in their MtDNA(like most Berbers), but how does that dismiss them being the founding group of the Berbers?

@Truthcentric

"Black African" does not work fine. And I'll go on to say that I really don't like the term. Why isn't there a "white European" or "yellow Asian"??? But more importantly its invalid when having anthropological discussions about Africans.

Like Lioness said it seems to divide Africans. Heck SOME Africans even Somalis and Fulanis sometimes don't go by western terms such as "black".

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes you suprise me with flashes of brilliance .

quote:
quote:
I've come to believe that any search for a reliable all-encompassing label for darker-skinned African populations that won't be loaded with unwanted connotations is futile. But for my part, I've decided "Black African" works fine as a strictly morphological descriptor.

there is no need to separate Africans into Black Africans and Non-Black Africans

(unless you are only referring to recent migrants to Africa, of the past several hundred years who are only African in citizenship)

For eample a lighter skinned Khosian could be brought up and then somebody could try to argue they are not dark enough to be a black African.
That is why using the term "Black African " is obsolete and usually leads to unecessary semantic controveries

If you want to get into ancestry, look at the DNA and history of a region -rather than having to apply a sterotyped color
name

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

name

I'm surprised I did not read this post thoroughly. You hit the nail in what this thread is about...
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Yes. I prefer the label African .....for Africans and Black African for the AEians. Keeping in mind there are indigenous light colored Africans such as Tunisians who are MORE African than some "Bantu" groups.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
In addition ....there is one thing that unite the majority of modern Africans (the mantra) of AMRTU, ......PN2!!!!

BUT the is not about genetics. So.......there really isn't an Africoid phenotype because there is no race. Just a continuum.

I know that now .

--------------------

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
^^^Indeed.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
But I like the label.......AFRICOID!!! problem is...there is no Africoid phenotype .

Case in point. That new thread I created on the DNA of Scots. Who would of thought. The "whitest" people on the planet are the Orkneys. But they carry unique African haplotypes carried by only Africans .

Geography! Geography! Geography! Adaptation! Adaptation! Adaptation!

That is all it is,

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Zaharan

What I mean is that my personal definition of "Africoid" means those indignous to Africa and with "African genetics."

@Lioness

What does that post have ti do with Tuaregs being the foundation of Berber group. Of course Tuaregs have some Eurasian linages, especially in their MtDNA(like most Berbers), but how does that dismiss them being the founding group of the Berbers?

@Truthcentric

"Black African" does not work fine. And I'll go on to say that I really don't like the term. Why isn't there a "white European" or "yellow Asian"??? But more importantly its invalid when having anthropological discussions about Africans.

Like Lioness said it seems to divide Africans. Heck SOME Africans even Somalis and Fulanis sometimes don't go by western terms such as "black".

We are talking about the biological reality that indigenous Africans having evolved in a tropical environment have dark skin. That is a biological fact and has nothing to do with culture, self identity or anything else. Genetics doesn't help because most genes do not characterize skin color and the genes for dark skin in one African population is the same for all others, again because they all evolved in tropical/sub tropical environments. Of course "black" is a term referring to populations with various shades of brown skin resulting from evolution in tropical environments.

So you have to be consistent. There is nothing inconsistent about 'black' or 'Africoid' if you are using it biologically. Africoid can be used to refer to tropically adapted humans who evolved and lived in Africa longer than any other place. However, the problem with that is that black populations outside of Africa are also subject to environmental adaption meaning any native population in a tropical environment is bound to be black as part of being in a tropical environment not necessarily due to being in Africa. Africa is not the only place in the world with a tropical environment where tropical adaptation can evolve or be maintained in a population.

Again it is not 'black people' who are generally inconsistent, contradictory and hypocritical in their usage of terms. It has historically been the white racist anthropologists in their desire to divide up the world into 'races' based on skin color and perception of who is good, better and best in a racial hierarchy with whites at the top.

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
We are talking about the biological reality that indigenous Africans having evolved in a tropical environment have dark skin. That is a biological fact and has nothing to do with culture, self identity or anything else.

Aye... I think you read me wrong because no one mentioned culture.... And the reason why I suggested "Africoid" is that in athropology/science we don't use social racial terms such as, "black".

quote:
Genetics doesn't help because most genes do not characterize skin color and the genes for dark skin in one African population is the same for all others, again because they all evolved in tropical/sub tropical environments. Of course "black" is a term referring to populations with various shades of brown skin resulting from evolution in tropical environments.

The thing is not all Africans have "dark skinned", some evolved "lighter" skin such as the Khoisan people.
 -
 -

Plus it depends on what we consider "dark skin" as people have their own definition of it as with light skin too...

As for genetics, that's partially what my thread is about, because my definition of "Africoid" because Africans are so genetically diverse, one most have African genetic lineages to be considered "Africoid" along with having in-built native African tropical adaption. I'll get to that in the next post...

quote:
So you have to be consistent. There is nothing inconsistent about 'black' or 'Africoid' if you are using it biologically.

But we don't use "black" or "white" in science. And yes it does become inconsistent or confusion, because there are Asians who are "black", but genetically distant from Africans.

quote:
Africoid can be used to refer to tropically adapted humans who evolved and lived in Africa longer than any other place. However, the problem with that is that black populations outside of Africa are also subject to environmental adaption meaning any native population in a tropical environment is bound to be black as part of being in a tropical environment not necessarily due to being in Africa. Africa is not the only place in the world with a tropical environment where tropical adaptation can evolve or be maintained in a population. Again it is not 'black people' who are generally inconsistent, contradictory and hypocritical in their usage of terms. It has historically been the white racist anthropologists in their desire to divide up the world into 'races' based on skin color and perception of who is good, better and best in a racial hierarchy with whites at the top.

The bolded is why I want to refrain from using "tropically adapted" when grouping African descent people together as African. "Tropically adapted" is not limited to Africa and can be come confusion. Again my definition of "Africoid" is having in-built African diversity adaption and carrying indigenous African lineages.
 -

"Africoids" would have the most diverse phenotype that covers "broads" features, kinky to wavy/loose hair, narrow nose, light to dark skin, "elongated features",etc,etc. Why? Because Africans are the most diverse people on the planet. And there needs to be a term that fits that diversity, but is specific to Africans only...

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ BlessedbyHorus

I see what you mean about "Black" as a label. Nonetheless, I believe all these arguments over its usefulness, or what we should call your "Africoids", are rooted in a reaction against the Eurocentric trend of dissociating ancient Egyptian civilization, and by extension the larger Northeast African region, from the West/Central African heritage of Middle Passage descendents. You want to knock down this dissociation and the oppositions will fight to the death to maintain it.

Let me propose the dissociation itself is based off a relatively recent redefinition of "Black" identity.

I don't think the first Europeans to call anyone from Africa "black" (or equivalent descriptors in other languages) would have paid much heed to population substuctures within the continent, if they even noticed it (they did not have a theory of evolution back then). Aethiopia, "burnt face", originally connoted a Northeast African people not so different from their Egyptian contemporaries. If anything, earlier Europeans were more liberal with the "black" adjective than today's racialists, hence their applying it to the likes of South Indians, Melanesians, and Aboriginal Australians---all of whom are indisputably affiliated with Eurasian rather than West African ancestry.

It was only after the Middle Passage had been established when Black identity as we know it was narrowed down to West Africans and their Bantu offshoots, as opposed to anyone with dark skin. I wouldn't be surprised if that actually had to do with dissociating their enslaved descendents from Northeast African influences on Greek and then Western civilization. If you wanted to maintain your system of racialized domination, you'd look for the slightest excuse to cut out a rift between your slaves and the ancient civilization that influenced and fascinated yours.

Call African people whatever you like, but I think the opposition may be a bit too invested in disconnecting Egypt from Black or African identity to accept your redefinition.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Call African people whatever you like, but I think the opposition may be a bit too invested in disconnecting Egypt from Black or African identity to accept your redefinition.

Call me crazy but I recommend Africans be called Africans

If you look on a map Egypt in in Africa

However you still don't get the gist of this topic
The word "Africoid" hasd been employed to indicate African looking people in regions of South Asia and Austrailia

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
We are talking about the biological reality that indigenous Africans having evolved in a tropical environment have dark skin. That is a biological fact and has nothing to do with culture, self identity or anything else.

Aye... I think you read me wrong because no one mentioned culture.... And the reason why I suggested "Africoid" is that in athropology/science we don't use social racial terms such as, "black".

quote:
Genetics doesn't help because most genes do not characterize skin color and the genes for dark skin in one African population is the same for all others, again because they all evolved in tropical/sub tropical environments. Of course "black" is a term referring to populations with various shades of brown skin resulting from evolution in tropical environments.

The thing is not all Africans have "dark skinned", some evolved "lighter" skin such as the Khoisan people.
 -
 -

Plus it depends on what we consider "dark skin" as people have their own definition of it as with light skin too...

As for genetics, that's partially what my thread is about, because my definition of "Africoid" because Africans are so genetically diverse, one most have African genetic lineages to be considered "Africoid" along with having in-built native African tropical adaption. I'll get to that in the next post...

quote:
So you have to be consistent. There is nothing inconsistent about 'black' or 'Africoid' if you are using it biologically.

But we don't use "black" or "white" in science. And yes it does become inconsistent or confusion, because there are Asians who are "black", but genetically distant from Africans.

quote:
Africoid can be used to refer to tropically adapted humans who evolved and lived in Africa longer than any other place. However, the problem with that is that black populations outside of Africa are also subject to environmental adaption meaning any native population in a tropical environment is bound to be black as part of being in a tropical environment not necessarily due to being in Africa. Africa is not the only place in the world with a tropical environment where tropical adaptation can evolve or be maintained in a population. Again it is not 'black people' who are generally inconsistent, contradictory and hypocritical in their usage of terms. It has historically been the white racist anthropologists in their desire to divide up the world into 'races' based on skin color and perception of who is good, better and best in a racial hierarchy with whites at the top.

The bolded is why I want to refrain from using "tropically adapted" when grouping African descent people together as African. "Tropically adapted" is not limited to Africa and can be come confusion. Again my definition of "Africoid" is having in-built African diversity adaption and carrying indigenous African lineages.
 -

"Africoids" would have the most diverse phenotype that covers "broads" features, kinky to wavy/loose hair, narrow nose, light to dark skin, "elongated features",etc,etc. Why? Because Africans are the most diverse people on the planet. And there needs to be a term that fits that diversity, but is specific to Africans only...

Dark and light are relative. "Black" people as a term does not mean one exact shade of skin color. Again, the consistent definition is dark skin that evolved from tropical adaptation. Even though SOME Khoisan are light (and some of them are mixed like the Griqua, while others are much darker as well), that doesn't change the fact that their skin color evolved from a tropical/sub tropical environment and they are still included within the range of populations considered as "black", "africoid", "tropicall adapted" or whatever you want to call it. There is no confusing the lighter skinned Khoi with a northern adapted European or Asian. The biological history is different. That is why consistency is the key. Also, tropical environments ouside Africa are the reason why "black" people exist outside Africa. Which is why I prefer to avoid geographic references in the range of populations covered by tropical adaptation.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com