EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » evidence of mass migration (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: evidence of mass migration
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know theres lots of stuff that talks about mass migration into Egypt which means modern egyptians are not genetically made exactly like AE but are there primary material like documents, mass graves, etc that show mass occupation into Egypt happened? I also read that migration of about 1 percent a year or so could tremendously change stuff but i dont remember what study it was that said that.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the Assyrians first conquered the Egyptians there was a slow replacement of ancient Egyptians by Middle Eastern and Western European peoples.

Beginning with the Assyrian defeat of the Twenty-Fifth Dynasty large number of nomadic people from the Middle East began to migrate into Egypt. These people began to take over many Egyptian settlements, while other Egyptians fled to Nubia and Kush to avoid non-Egyptian rule.

Other ancient Egyptian caused political and military conflicts that led many Egyptians to migrate out of Egypt into Nubia and Kush. Herodotus’ mentions the mutiny of Psamtik I’s frontier garrison at Elephantine—these deerters moved into Kush. Moreover, the archaizing trend in Kush among the post Twenty-Fifth Dynasty Kings testfy to a possible large migration of Egyptians into Kush.

In 343 BC Nectanebos II, fled to Upper Egypt. Later according to the Natasen period stela we evidence of other Egyptians migrating into Kush from Egypt (Torok, 1997, p.391).

Between the 260’s-270’s BC Upper Egyptian Nationalists were fighting the Ptolemy (Greek) rulers of Egypt. The rebellion was put down by Ptolemy II. This military action led to Egyptians migrating out of Egypt into Kush (Torok, pp.395-396). These rebellions continued in Egypt into the 2nd Century BC (Torok, p.426).

Between Ptolomy II and Ptolemy V, the Greeks began to settle Egypt. This was especially true in the 150’sBC and led to many Egyptians migrating back into Egypt.

By the time the Romans entered Egypt, many Egyptians had already left Egypt and settled. Roman politics also forced many Egyptians to migrate into Kush. This was compounded by the introduction of the Pax Agusta policy of the Romans which sought the establishment of Roman hegemony within territories under Roman rule (Torok, 454-456). This led to the emigration of many Romans into Egypt.

The Kush was a multi-ethnic society. It included speakers of many languages within the empire. During most of Kushite history the elites used Egyptian for record keeping since it was recognized as a neutral language.

As more and more Egyptians, led by Egyptian nationalists, fled to Kush as it became under foreign dominantion the Egyptians formed a large minority in the Empire. Because of Egyptian migrations to Kush, by the rule of the Meroitic Queen Shanakdakheto, we find the Egyptian language abandoned as a medium of exchange in official records, and the Meroitic script takes its place.

By the rise of Greeks in Egypt, the cultural ideology , like the people were changing. This is supported by the transition from Demotic writing (7th 5th Centuries BC) to Coptic (4th BC-AD 1400). The Coptic people are the best evidence for the change in the Egyptian population.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is a smoking gun for mass migration in the Nile Valley of the magnitude touted in some circles. In all my years, I've never seen evidence of mass migration of biblical proportions.

A lot of people cite mass migration as a reason for why modern Egyptians look the way they do but remain vague on the specifics. The argument goes "Egyptians were conquered many times" or "things changed with the arrival of Islam" but they make no attempt to correlate these periods with tangible data that supports demographic shifts radically different from other periods.

It might be that mass migration happened, but that we simply haven't detected it for various reasons. Also, as you point out, Oshun, one doesn't need mass migration to explain why the modern Egyptians shown in the media look different compared to the figures in regional rock art and the monuments.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
I know theres lots of stuff that talks about mass migration into Egypt which means modern egyptians are not genetically made exactly like AE but are there primary material like documents, mass graves, etc that show mass occupation into Egypt happened? I also read that migration of about 1 percent a year or so could tremendously change stuff but i dont remember what study it was that said that.

I believe you can find a passage saying that here:

S.O.Y. Keita and AJ Boyce, “The Geographical Origins and Population Relationships of Early Ancient Egyptians”, Egypt in Africa (1996: pp. 25–27

I've looked for that very text online so I could quote it more specifically, but for some reason Google isn't cooperating very well this time.

But as Swenet said, you don't necessarily need mass immigration to explain why modern Egyptians appear more Eurasian or Middle Eastern on average than the ones 4,000 or more years ago. As the Keita passage implies, it could have been a gradual trickle over the centuries rather than sudden, massive invasions. At any rate, there's no record I know of that states the indigenous Egyptian population was wiped out by any of the invaders.

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it came to mind after answering a question on Quora over whether modern Egyptians were predominantly descended from the ancient indigenous population.

-
---Source

Anyone who maintains that modern Egyptians are predominantly descended from some indigenous "North African Caucasoid" population will have to explain why the two largest components in Egyptian ancestry today show affinities with Europeans (blue) and Arabs (green). There is some ancestry with a Maghrebi (red) affinity (which we know has Eurasian influence), but in this particular graph it's barely thicker than the Luhya-like African (yellow) component. So even if one felt that AE ancestry would be best represented by the red Maghrebi-like component, it's clearly a minority in modern Egyptian ancestry.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:In all my years, I've never seen evidence of mass migration of biblical proportions....but they make no attempt to correlate these periods with tangible data that supports demographic shifts radically different from other periods.
Well actually this is one of the primary basis of my thread over on Egyptsearchreloaded. This is simply covered up by Westerners. The so called "Bantu migration" is a Western farce that is used to explain away our cohabitation with other Africoid populations along the Nile Valley prior to the 6th century B.C.E.

The Predynastic populations studied here, from Naqada and Badari, are both Upper Egyptian samples, while the Dynastic Egyptian sample (Tarkhan) is from Lower Egypt. The Dynastic Nubian sample is from Upper Nubia (Kerma). Previous analyses of cranial variation found the Badari and Early Predynastic Egyptians to be more similar to other African groups than to Mediterranean or European populations (Keita, 1990; Zakrzewski, 2002). In addition, the Badarians have been described as near the centroid of cranial and dental variation among Predynastic and Dynastic populations studied (Irish, 2006; Zakrzewski, 2007). This suggests that, at least through the Early Dynastic period, the inhabitants of the Nile valley were a continuous population of local origin, and no major migration or replacement events occurred during this time.

Studies of cranial morphology also support the use of a Nubian (Kerma) population for a comparison of the Dynastic period, as this group is likely to be more closely genetically related to the early Nile valley inhabitants than would be the Late Dynastic Egyptians, who likely experienced significant mixing with other Mediterranean populations (Zakrzewski, 2002). A craniometric study found the Naqada and Kerma populations to be morphologically similar (Keita, 1990). Given these and other prior studies suggesting continuity (Berry et al., 1967; Berry and Berry, 1972), and the lack of archaeological evidence of major migration or population replacement during the Neolithic transition in the Nile valley, we may cautiously interpret the dental health changes over time as primarily due to ecological, subsistence, and demographic changes experienced throughout the Nile valley region." -- AP Starling, JT Stock. (2007). Dental Indicators of Health and Stress in Early Egyptian and Nubian Agriculturalists: A Difficult Transition and Gradual Recovery. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 134:520–528 Read more: ]http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/15/basic-database-nile-valley-studies#ixzz4ZAY7Ri7e

and add this given the context to the situation.

"Nutter (1958) noted affinities between the Badarian and Naqada samples, a feature that Strouhal (1971) attributed to their skulls possessing “Negroid” traits. Keita (1992), using craniometrics, discovered that the Badarian series is distinctly different from the later Egyptian series, a conclusion that is mostly confirmed here. In the current analysis, the Badari sample more closely clusters with the Naqada sample and the Kerma sample. However, it also groups with the later pooled sample from Dynasties XVIII–XXV. -- Godde K. (2009) An Examination of Nubian and Egyptian biological distances: Support for biological diffusion or in situ development? Homo. 2009;60(5):389-404." Read more: ]http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/1547/valley-origins-dispersal-niger-speakers#ixzz4ZAXfShvc

You have "Negroid" populations comprising the founding populations of Kemet until the time pointed out by Dr. Winters, and you later (and now) have a highly misceginated ( variable depending on location) Ethiopic (a remnant African element of the ancient population) Africoid population base.

-

The M2 lineage of West-South-Central Africa having originated in Eastern Africa along the Hapi River in Ta-Seti/Nubia is a pivotal fact yet ignored by Westerners. We know for a fact that we were along the Hapi River as the oral traditions of just about all Africans in the mentioned regions attest. We know from recent genetic evidence that the M2 lineage traveled northward from Nubia per the studies of Ramses III and the DNAtribes results for Amarna. That evidence taken into consideration completely debunks the Western lead lie that the migration of the M2 lineage into West Africa occurred during the ending of the last Ice Age.

-

Notice how he gives absolutely no evidence for the proclamation of that migration at that time period. He did an "It happened because I'm white and I say so".

-

The map above depicts Ehrets false narrative that wants to exclude the fact that the "Negroid" "Niger-Congo" speakers actually went northward up the path of the so called "Afro-Asiatic" expansion.

-

The M2 lineage and sickel cell adaptation which are indicative of only one particular population were found respectively in Pre-Dynastic and Dynastic remains. That should not be the case when there is no mention in Western scholarship of a migration of the only populations who carry those genetic traits north from the Sudan into Kemet if they were trust worthy as many on Egyptsearch seem to think.

I'm also reluctant to attribute that late date of the expansion into Kemet from the Sudan (again all based on Western linguist information) to the situation simply because anthropology is showing a much more ancient northward expansion into Kemet from the Sudan of Negroid populations that are older than the supposite origin date of "Niger-Congo".

The Nazlet Khater man and the "Nubian Complex" make it clear that there was a much more ancient bio-cultural continuum not only along the Nile but also into the adjacent Arabian peninsula.

-  -

Now take this "finding" into consideration however you would like, but there appears according to this finding to have been a highly advanced (engineering) civilization in place for over 70,000 years in Nubia.

-

http://www.pasthorizonspr.com/index.php/archives/07/2014/70000-year-old-african-settlement-unearthed

Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Akachi:

-

Middle row, second from left is fake

Stop posting fake stuff, thanks

you lose credibility by doing that.

Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Early Nile Valley-influenced ancient DNA speaks for itself:

quote:
[P]resent-day sub-Saharan Africans do not share more alleles with Natufians than with other
192 ancient Eurasians.
We could not test for a link to present-day North
Africans, who owe most of their ancestry to back-migration from Eurasia.

http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/06/16/059311

The beauty of published aDNA is that it removes the need for middlemen who try to inject their own opinionated "take" on things.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
Early Nile Valley-influenced ancient DNA speaks for itself:

quote:
[P]resent-day sub-Saharan Africans do not share more alleles with Natufians than with other
192 ancient Eurasians.
We could not test for a link to present-day North
Africans, who owe most of their ancestry to back-migration from Eurasia.

http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/06/16/059311

The beauty of published aDNA is that it removes the need for middlemen who try to inject their own opinionated "take" on things.

That does not address nor negate a single point that was brought up in my post.
Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid it does.

You've been bodied and you don't even realize it

Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^One thing people should understand about Akachi is that, in his world, nothing ever negates his posts.

We're talking about the same person who used to debate me, swearing that Natufians were part of the larger Nile Valley Niger-Congo population. Now I post their DNA and he says it has nothing to do with his point.

quote:
Originally posted by Akachi in 2014:
Below is a map of the migration of these sickle cell carrying "Niger-Congo" speakers (along with Horners under the "Negro-Egyptian" language family detailed by Theophile Obenga) (detailed in Ricaut 2008) originating in Northeast Africa (Sudan) and migrating Northward into Egypt and eventually into the Levant (Natufians) and Europe.

Note how they silently vacate vehemently defended positions and later act like they were right all along somehow.

Like I said, this is the aDNA era. The aDNA speaks for itself. Readers can make up their own mind. There is nothing to debate here.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing TMRCA of all E carriers, do you guys know why YRI is as different from Natufians as they are most any other non-African sample?
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
I'm afraid it does.

You've been bodied and you don't even realize it

This LOL.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
^One thing people should understand about Akachi is that, in his world, nothing ever negates his posts.

We're talking about the same person who used to debate me, swearing that Natufians were part of the larger Nile Valley Niger-Congo population. Now I post their DNA and he says it has nothing to do with his point.

quote:
Originally posted by Akachi in 2014:
Below is a map of the migration of these sickle cell carrying "Niger-Congo" speakers (along with Horners under the "Negro-Egyptian" language family detailed by Theophile Obenga) (detailed in Ricaut 2008) originating in Northeast Africa (Sudan) and migrating Northward into Egypt and eventually into the Levant (Natufians) and Europe.

Note how they silently vacate vehemently defended positions and later act like they were right all along somehow.

It was a faction of different Africans (including the Twa (who lead and are responsible for the science of farming), Nilotic (missclassified as a "cro magnom" type), Ethiopic Africans), but the predominant group according to consistent anthropological evidence sported "Negroid" cranial morphology.

“..one can identify Negroid traits of nose and prognathism appearing in Natufian latest hunters (McCown, 1939) and in Anatolian and Macedonian first farmers, probably from Nubia via the unknown predecesors of the Badarians and Tasians....". (Angel 1972. Biological Relations of Egyptian and Eastern Mediterranean Populations.. JrnHumEvo 1:1, p307

I believe that it was an exodus of mostly "Negroid" -"Niger Congo Africans that largely had to do with their involvement in the first noted ethnic conflict (resulting from strained resources) in Jebel Sahara Sudan. I further attribute "Niger-Congo" speaking populations to those Natufians through the consistently noted affinity between early Kemetic populations (who were over 1/3 Negroid) and those adjacent Natufians through identical physical traits.

-

In case you missed it also my entire narrative is almost completely supplemented by contemporary research. Through his/her interpretations of various lines of research, Ricuat is in fact making the case that the Niger-Congo speaking populations originated along the Nile Valley....and spread into the adjacent Levant becoming those "Natufians" who spread north into Anatolia-Greece. He/She specifies that sickle cell found in anatolia coupled with the Negroid morphologies LOGICALLY means that the "Niger-Congo" populations were at the core of the Natufians.

-

From looking at the distribution of Benin sickle cell adaption who see a core basis throughout tropical Africa, and we also see and an unexplained distribution along the the Mediterranean and particularly in Palestine (Natufian territory), Syria, Turkey and Greece as well as North-Northwestern Africa.

-

Now in my logical opinion....The migration that explains how this unique blood lineage ended up in all of these places (that according to the arguments of Western scholars should never have taken place) is the so-called Afro-Asiatic migration (which again is Western lie, because Afro-Asiatic is a fake language family).

-
 -

Now logically...since Afro-Asiatic is proven to be a fake language family..... YOU MUST NAME WHO IN THE HELL TOOK THAT MIGRATION PATH... and it was "Negroid-Niger speakers largely coupled with Cushitic speaking Ethiopic Africans. Now name the other populations in this World who have " true Negroid affinities. To throw off the certainly that I have that these affinities only indicate one particular in the World provide a list of the other populations throughout this Earth who could possibly fit that biological distinction.

quote:
Like I said, this is the aDNA era. The aDNA speaks for itself. Readers can make up their own mind. There is nothing to debate here.
I don't play those Caucasians authority games though dude. The use of genetics to determine population relationships is nothing more than the Caucasians recent attempt to remystify what was demystified with consistent anthropology and other lines of information over a century ago. Their lies about ourstory and history had caught up with them when they tried for two centuries to misconstrue anthropology as Cheikh Anta Diop and other scholars proved decisively. Years ago I emailed SOY Keita about these issues, and he agrees that Westerners are trying to plays games games with DNA...........
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
that largely had to do with the their involvement in the first noted ethnic conflict (resulting from strained resources) in Jebel Sahara Sudan.[/b]

This is the only thing worth mentioning I agree with in your posts. And I'm surprised you of all people have made that link because most people haven't.

quote:
Now name the other populations in this World who have " true Negroid affinities. To throw off the certainly that I have that these affinities only indicate one particular in the World provide a list of the other populations throughout this Earth who could possibly fit that biological distinction.

Stuttgart from the German Neolithic.

-

Stuttgart has African ancestry and cranio-facial features you can find in Sub-Saharan Africa, but is genetically distant from Niger Congo speakers. Hope you didn't quit your dayjob because this anthro stuff clearly isn't working out for you.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akachi, You're going to need to be able to understand explain the evolutionary mechanics responsible for shaping Hg E. putting your hands over your ears and yelling as loud as possible doesn't help those who are trying to learn, including yourself. The answers are there, wrapped up like layers of an onion, the "Caucasians" as you put it are the ones with all the knifes, you have to start peeling.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
The use of genetics to determine population relationships is nothing more than the Caucasians recent attempt to remystify what was demystified with consistent anthropology and other lines of information over a century ago.

Akachi's arguments and comebacks fit the classic hallmarks of pseudoscience. Here are some examples of classic red flags of pseudocience taken from the website quackwatch:

• Pseudoscience always avoids putting its claims to a meaningful test.
    Pseudoscientists never carry out careful, methodical experiments themselves—and they also generally ignore results of those carried out by scientists. Pseudoscientists also never follow up. If one pseudoscientist claims to have done an experiment (such as the "lost" biorhythm studies of Hermann Swoboda that are alleged basis of the modern pseudoscience of biorhythms), no other pseudoscientist ever tries to duplicate it or to check him, even when the original results are missing or questionable! Further, where a pseudoscientist claims to have done an experiment with a remarkable result, he himself never repeats it to check his results and procedures. This is in extreme contrast with science, where crucial experiments are repeated by scientists all over the world with ever-increasing precision.

https://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/pseudo.html

• Pseudoscience is indifferent to criteria of valid evidence.
    The emphasis is not on meaningful, controlled, repeatable scientific experiments. Instead it is on unverifiable eyewitness testimony, stories and tall tales, hearsay, rumor, and dubious anecdotes. Genuine scientific literature is either ignored or misinterpreted.

• Pseudoscience begins with a hypothesis—usually one which is appealing emotionally,
    and spectacularly implausible—and then looks only for items which appear to support it.

Conflicting evidence is ignored. Generally speaking, the aim of pseudoscience is to rationalize strongly held beliefs, rather than to investigate or to test alternative possibilities. Pseudoscience specializes in jumping to "congenial conclusions," grinding ideological axes, appealing to preconceived ideas and to widespread misunderstandings.

Concerned member of public
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howells took 57 measurements on a Natufian skull, Brace et al. only recorded 24. Howells study has the Natufian closest to Ainu (modern) and Zalavar (medieval Hungarians): "This view is be considered also in the case of the pro-Neolithic Natufian skull from the Levant. Ainu and Zalavar are the reasonable affiliations, which might be read as 'generalized European'." No close "Negroid" craniometric affinities at all.

You only get Natufians showing some west sub-Saharan African craniometric ties when you use much fewer measurements - the same happened for Upper Palaeolithic European skulls (see the G.V. Van Vark vs. Jantz and Owsley debate that covered 3 or more papers and replies.). With European UP crania with few measurements, closest match is with Zulu using FORDISC. But when the maximum amount of measurements is recorded (57) they score closest to Norse & Zalavar.

Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
that largely had to do with the their involvement in the first noted ethnic conflict (resulting from strained resources) in Jebel Sahara Sudan.[/b]

This is the only thing worth mentioning I agree with in your posts. And I'm surprised you of all people have made that link because most people haven't.

quote:
Now name the other populations in this World who have " true Negroid affinities. To throw off the certainly that I have that these affinities only indicate one particular in the World provide a list of the other populations throughout this Earth who could possibly fit that biological distinction.

Stuttgart from the German Neolithic.

-

Stuttgart has African ancestry and cranio-facial features you can find in Sub-Saharan Africa, but is genetically distant from Niger Congo speakers. Hope you didn't quit your dayjob because this anthro stuff clearly isn't working out for you.

Well logically if the "Negroid" Natufians who were the pioneers of the Neolithic migrated into Europe, then I would fully expect to see those Neolithic Europeans with Negroid traits as well.

-

and once again;

“.. one can identify Negroid traits of nose and prognathism appearing in Natufian latest hunters (McCown, 1939) and in Anatolian and Macedonian first farmers, probably from Nubia via the unknown predecesors of the Badarians and Tasians ....". (Angel 1972. Biological Relations of Egyptian and Eastern Mediterranean Populations.. JrnHumEvo 1:1, p307 Read more: ]http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/1547/valley-origins-dispersal-niger-speakers#ixzz4ZF8XTBLR

This shows that the Natufians were Africans typified with the "Negroid" skeletal morphology and sickle cell adaption who migrated northward. You have not named any other type of "Negroid" morphology sporting sickle cell carrying human beings in this World could that that Neolithic population in Europe have possibly stemmed from.

Notice also how Angel indicated that the Sudanese-Nubian basis of the Natufian populations was also ancestral to the later "Negroid" Badarians who of course were ancestral to Dynastic Kemites. We know....That Niger-Congo speakers in Sub Saharan Africa today are simply the "Negroid" migrants of dynastic Hapi Valley civilization.

-
 -
 -

That logically means that the Natufians came from the same ancestral stock as contemporary Niger-Congo speakers. Now WALA bitch...it's that fucking simple.

-

Westerners and their agents promoting advocacy of their bullshit are trying to throw people off with the obfuscation of genetics. Some people have taken their participation in Caucasian cave dribble as a marker of intelligence, and that just speaks volumes about their own.

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
[QB] Akachi, You're going to need to be able to understand explain the evolutionary mechanics responsible for shaping Hg E.

I know for one...that genetics while it is a revealing science it is still a baby. That being said it should never be the end all be all in this discussion per S.O.Y Keita. I'm not going to allow random bi-annual back and forth inferences thrown out from those baby steps along the path to completely negate what other lines of evidence (archaeology, anthropology, linguistics and including to a large extent genetics) run parallel to form a clear narrative.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
You have not named any other type of "Negroid" morphology sporting sickle carrying human beings in this World could that Neolithic population in Europe have possibly stemmed from.

If the criteria are sickle cell and negroid morphology, all African populations qualify. All African populations have admixture from Wet Sahara West/Central Africans because all African populations have L2a1 and related lineages that expanded during that time. You're not fooling anyone by trying to make it seem like Nile Valley groups were the only Africans influenced by this expansion.

quote:
Additionally, around 20% of Eastern African lineages cluster within the L2a1 + 143 branch (24.8 ka in ML). A founder age of this cluster suggests a migration time at 14.8 ka [10.2; 19.5], pointing to a migration in the Late Glacial or postglacial period. Overall, as predicted by HVSI-I data, most of the L2 lineages entered [equatorial] Eastern Africa between 15 and 7 ka.
60,000 years of interactions between Central and Eastern Africa documented by major African mitochondrial haplogroup L2
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep12526

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
If the criteria are sickle cell and negroid morphology, all African populations qualify.

Now now let's not lie. Those traits typify one particular Africoid population within the scope of great African diversity, and that population is the "True Negroid" "Niger-Congo" population.

-
 -
 -

Now Swenet, Bitchoyku etc what other populations sports a "true Negroid" canial morphology (identified simply as "Niger-Congo" by anthropologist Ricaut and Brace) and the sickle cell lineage (you bitches keep running from the fact this is an inherited trait)

quote:
All African populations have admixture from Wet Sahara West/Central Africans
Ok and that noted shared ancestry does not negate that Africans are the most genetically distinct populations on Earth. We know that at the time noted that this shared ancestry took place just about every population was huddled along the Hapi River struggling for strained resources. Despite that shared ancestry those population distinctions (Nilotes, Niger-Congo speakers, Cushitic Africans etc etc) are a biological reality.

quote:
Additionally, around 20% of Eastern African lineages cluster within the L2a1 + 143 branch (24.8 ka in ML). A founder age of this cluster suggests a migration time at 14.8 ka [10.2; 19.5], pointing to a migration in the Late Glacial or postglacial period. Overall, as predicted by HVSI-I data, most of the L2 lineages entered Eastern Africa between 15 and 7 ka. http://www.nature.com/articles/srep12526 [/QB]
This study sadly plays the Devil's game by advocating the Nigerian-Cameroonian Bantu migration myth. That is absolute bullshit! The people who listen to Caucasians who they know are lying about this crucial piece of Africa population history cannot be trusted.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
If sicklemia was spread by L2a1 carriers, as you admit, all Africans with L2a1 could have spread sicklemia to Europe >10ky ago. The only reason why you can sit here and make up this tale about an exclusive sickle cell link between Niger Congo speakers and Nile Valley is because the mutation can only survive in regions where there is malaria. In African regions without malaria the mutation is subject to purifying selection (explaining why some L2a1 carrying populations may no longer have it today). But I bet you don't even know what purifying selection is.

quote:
Those traits typify one particular Africoid population within the scope of great African diversity

Prove it. Right now. Without copping out. Prove that other African populations (e.g. Omotics) don't have those features as part of their variations.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Also, Badarians had little to no sign of sicklemia, further weakening your claim that negroid features and sicklemia were necessarily connected in the Nile Valley.

Why don't you post full quotes from Angel relevant to the discussion? Or are you quote mining?

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
If sicklemia was spread by L2a1 carriers, as you admit, all Africans with L2a1 could have spread sicklemia to Europe 10ky ago.

You're trying to play the genetic obfuscation game. My main point in noting that point of shared maternal ancestry was that despite it's African connection.... THERE ARE STILL CLEAR GENETIC DISTINCTIONS BETWEEN AFRICANS WITH IT.

I mean come on you know that if that was a legitimate connection uniting all Africans as biologically close then it would have been much more championed on this forum then the PN2 clade that only unites Y-DNA E carriers (and most importantly to some of you all it's links the pretty East Africans and Berbers with Niger-Congo speakers). Therefore let's not pretend that it is more than what it is!

quote:
The only reason why you can sit here and make up this tale about an exclusive sickle cell link between Niger Congo speakers and Nile Valley is because the mutation can only survive in a population where there is malaria. In regions without malaria the mutation is subject to purifying selection.
Sickle cell is an adaption that formed naturally to combat malaria.
 -

Despite the Bight of Biafra not being a highly marlaria infected area the over whelming presence of Niger-Congo speakers have determined that it would have extremely high frequencies of sickle cell.

I also use the distribution of sickle Cell in the Sub-tropical Afro-American population who we know are exclusively of the Niger-Congo Africoid type.

quote:
Prove it. Right now. Without copping out. Prove that other African populations (e.g. OMotics) don't have those features as part of their variations.
Now you know that Omotic Ethiopians likely represent that ancestral haplogroup E population that Ethiopic and Niger-Congo speakers broke apart from. This small population obviously has ancestral traits to both.
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
Also, Badarians had little to no sign of sicklemia, further weakening your claim that negroid features and sicklemia were necessarily connected in the Nile Valley.p

Those "Negroid" predynastic Kemites were found with sickle cell none the less according to your own words!

quote:
Why don't you post full quotes from Angel relevant to the discussion? Or are you quote mining? [/QB]
The reason why I picked that particular quote from angel is because it was actually built on with the more recent research by Ricaut in 2008. He took the "Negroid"-"Niger-Congo" affinities of these Natufians that were noted by Angel and completed the narrative with his own research see...

-
 -

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
You're trying to play the genetic obfuscation game.

Why? Because it's inconvenient for you right now that all of Africa was influenced by expanding L2a1 carriers and not just the Nile Valley? Why is it not an obfuscation game when you use genetics to claim ancient Egyptians consisted of E-M2 carriers or that they had sickle cell of the Benin variety?

quote:
Now you know that Omotic Ethiopians likely represent that ancestral haplogroup E population that Ethiopic and Niger-Congo speakers broke apart from.

So then you admit that Niger Congo speakers aren't the only ones who fit the 'negroid' description and that other Africans fit your criteria just as easily?
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't want to screw up this intellectually stimulating thread. But Ceasar and Alexander is a fake also.

No portrait of Alexander was EVER commissioned during his life-time. Correct me?!

quote:
quote:

-

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Don't want to screw up this intellectually stimulating thread. But Ceasar and Alexander is a fake also.

No portrait of Alexander was EVER commissioned during his life-time. Correct me?!

quote:
quote:

-

Yeah I didn't create those memes, but the point...

Previous analyses of cranial variation found the Badari and Early Predynastic Egyptians to be more similar to other African groups than to Mediterranean or European populations... Studies of cranial morphology also support the use of a Nubian (Kerma) population for a comparison of the Dynastic period, as this group is likely to be more closely genetically related to the early Nile valley inhabitants than would be the Late Dynastic Egyptians, who likely experienced significant mixing with other Mediterranean populations (Zakrzewski, 2002). AP Starling, JT Stock. (2007). Dental Indicators of Health and Stress in Early Egyptian and Nubian Agriculturalists: A Difficult Transition and Gradual Recovery. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 134:520–528

Is well taken.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

As an aside...

quote:

Now in my logical opinion....The migration that explains how this unique blood lineage ended up in all of these places (that according to the arguments of Western scholars should never have taken place) is the so-called Afro-Asiatic migration (which again is Western lie, because Afro-Asiatic is a fake language family).

-
 -

I continue to be perplexed by the desire by certain wannabe-Afrocentrics to declare the entire Afrasan phylum fake. The phylum most probably originated in Africa to the south of Egypt. In fact I recently came across a map based on the scholarship of Roger Blench (another linguist who studies African languages) that places the proto-Afrasan homeland even further into the African interior than Ehret:

-

If you think about it, the scenario proposed by Blench actually would vindicate the narrative that AE ancestors came from further south within Africa, assuming these proto-Afrasans contributed a significant degree of ancestry to AE (though I am not 100% certain of this). It's not even that far from the African Great Lakes. So this hating on the Afrasan phylum as a construct doesn't make sense.

@ Swenet

Incidentally, do you know if any skeletal remains have been uncovered from the Ethiopian region that date back to the probable origin of the Afrasan phylum (i.e. >10,000 BP)?

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
[QB]
quote:
You're trying to play the genetic obfuscation game.

Why? Because it's inconvenient for you right now
No bitch, you are trying to denounce the noted distinction of Afrioid types for the purpose of denying that their is a distinct variation ("Negroid") for "Niger-Congo" speakers that no other population on Earth has.

quote:
Why is it not an obfuscation game when you use genetics to claim ancient Egyptians consisted of E-M2 carriers or that they had sickle cell of the Benin variety?
Well that's a straight forward finding.

We amplified 16 Y chromosomal, short tandem repeats (AmpF\STR Yfiler PCR amplification kit; Applied Biosystems).........Genetic kinship analyses revealed identical haplotypes in both mummies (table 1⇓); using the Whit Athey’s haplogroup predictor, we determined the Y chromosomal haplogroup E1b1a

Compare that to the genetic revelations of the ancient Minoans (Keita commented on the fuckery in an email to me) in which you have "Negroid" skull (yes again this was noted by Dr. Keita) that they are saying is an "indigenous European" because of the letter of a haplogroup.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=next_topic;f=15;t=008562;go=older

quote:
So then you admit that Niger Congo speakers aren't the only ones who fit the 'negroid' description and that other Africans fit your criteria just as easily?
Well logically...If we're discussing the remnants (very small numbers) of an ancestral population then there will remain shared traits, but they none the less have their own physical and genetic distinctions separating them from Niger-Congo speakers. That's a silly game of obfuscation that you're playing.
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nodnarb:
As an aside...

quote:

-
 -

I continue to be perplexed by the desire by certain wannabe-Afrocentrics to declare the entire Afrasan phylum fake. The phylum most probably originated in Africa to the south of Egypt. In fact I recently came across a map based on the scholarship of Roger Blench (another linguist who studies African languages) that places the proto-Afrasan homeland even further into the African interior than Ehret:

-

If you think about it, the scenario proposed by Blench actually would vindicate the narrative that AE ancestors came from further south within Africa, assuming these proto-Afrasans contributed a significant degree of ancestry to AE (though I am not 100% certain of this). It's not even that far from the African Great Lakes. So this hating on the Afrasan phylum as a construct doesn't make sense.

@ Swenet

Incidentally, do you know if any skeletal remains have been uncovered from the Ethiopian region that date back to the probable origin of the Afrasan phylum (i.e. >10,000 BP)?

Here you go. From Theophile Obenga's mouth. In summary he says that Afro-Asiatic is a fake language that serves only an ideological purpose for Caucasian Westerners.

video

I trust Theophile Obenga on this matter over non African tongue speaking Caucasian liberals any day.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted Akachi:
No bitch,

The midget got mad because I already had him cornered within a couple of posts.

Niger Congo speakers have no proto vocabulary for sheep and aurochs. And they were not in an aquatic environment such as the Nile. They were not in North Africa, you intellectual midget. Lol.

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted Akachi:
No bitch,

The midget got mad because I already had him cornered without a couple of post.

Niger Congo speakers have no proto vocabulary for sheep and aurochs. And they were not in an aquatic environment such as the Nile. They were not in North Africa Intellectual midget. Lol.

I kicked your asses and I'm responding accordingly. You actually smugly suggested earlier that I promote a narrative without knowing what I'm talking. I attribute that to your cognitive dissonance or agent objective.

Also

BULLS (collective) Faulkner 111  - Kiswahili-Bantu - Mori-wao (collective) "This also translates as mori. The Ancient Egyptians used the ending w as the plural form for the word mori. The ending w could be approximated to wao, meaning those. In other words it may be interpreted as those belonging to mori, the bulls, that is, mori-wao. The collective in -t are written as plural strokes. In these two examples the words for cattle or a herd appear to be duplicated. The word for a domestic animal which includes sheep, goat or ox in the Luvale-Bantu language is given by using the prefixed word chi-muna. This is clearly shown in the set of hieroglyphics given by Budge on page 299 as seen below. In the Oshindonga-Bantu language muna means, raise, rear, breed livestock."

Ancient Egyptian: ankhugoat,  - any small domestic animal

Ancient Egyptian: ankht  - goat

Northern Soto-Bantu: NKU = sheep In this instance, the Northern-Soto-Bantu language Nku is the word which defines a sheep."

http://www.kaa-umati.co.uk/bantu_rosetta_stones_part_b.htm

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Alright midget. Come back when you have evidence that proto-Niger Congo speakers had an awareness of aurochs and Barbary sheep and maybe you won't get laughed out the room.

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
@ Swenet

I think Charlie Bass did a couple of posts on ancient Ethiopian and Somali skeletal remains. They're all 'negroid' as far as I know. But I don't think these sites are old enough to be relevant to your question.
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
quote:
@ Swenet

I think Charlie Bass did a couple of posts on ancient Ethiopian and Somali skeletal remains. They're all 'negroid' as far as I know. But I don't think these sites are old enough to be relevant to your question.
So what is your opinion on exactly where in Africa did proto-Afroasiatic originate? Do you believe it to be the Ethiopian interior (Blench's suggestion), somewhere along the Red Sea coast (Ehret's), or somewhere else entirely?
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
Alright midget. Come back when you have evidence that proto-Niger Congo speakers had an awareness of aurochs and Barbary sheep and maybe you won't get laughed out the room.

-

^^ Already responded.
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]

Now Swenet, Bitchoyku etc what other populations sports a "true Negroid" canial morphology (identified simply as "Niger-Congo" by anthropologist Ricaut and Brace) and the sickle cell lineage (you bitches keep running from the fact this is an inherited trait)

I have two NAS quotes for you:

quote:
And bring it back up top, remove the fake king of New York
You show off, I count dough off when you sample my voice
I rule you, before, you used to rap like the Fu-Schnickens
Nas designed your Blueprint, who you kidding?

quote:
Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches
What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother
You traded your soul for riches
My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it

[Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
quote:
[QUOTE]

I have two NAS quotes for you:

quote:
And bring it back up top, remove the fake king of New York
You show off, I count dough off when you sample my voice
I rule you, before, you used to rap like the Fu-Schnickens
Nas designed your Blueprint, who you kidding?

quote:
Y'all niggas deal with emotions like bitches
What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother
You traded your soul for riches
My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it

[Big Grin] [Cool]

-
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Proto Afroasiatic.. rofl
...I would love to see it, sh!t don't even have a functioning phylum.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As an aside...

quote:

-
 -

-

@ Swenet

Afrasian does nor exist. As a result any hypothesis that models Afro-Asiatic in the spread of African people is invalid.

Proto-Afrasian is a joke.In many books on Afrasian languages, the proto-terms for this language are primarially semitocentric.

Both Ehret(1995) and Orel/Stolbova have reconstructed Proto-Afrsian. A comparison of the 217 linguistic sets used to demonstrate Proto-Afrasian lexica only 59 agree. Of Ehret's 1011 entries 619 are incompatible with Orel/Stolbova, while only 175 are complimentary.

Less than 6% of the cognate sets of Ehret were proposed by Orel/Stolbova and only 17% are complimentary. This illustrates the imaginary relationship that exist between the so-called Afrasian languages.

-

-

Obenga made it clear that AfroAsiatic does not exist and you can not reconstruct the Proto-language.

This is true. Ehret (1995) and Orel/Stolbova (1995) were attempts at comparing Proto-AfroAsiatic. The most interesting fact about these works is that they produced different results. If AfroAsiatic existed they should have arrived at similar results. The major failur of these works is that there is too much synononymy. For example, the Proto-AfroAsiatic synonym for bird has 52 synonyms this is far too many for a single term and illustrates how the researchers just correlated a number of languages to produce a proto-form.

Radcliffe commenting on these text observed:

quote:

Both sources reconstruct lexical relationships in the attested languages as going
back to derivational relationships in the proto-language. (In at least one case OS also
reconstruct a derivational relationship-- an Arabic singular-plural pair qarya(tun), qura(n)--
as going back to lexical ones in Proto-Afroasiatic, reconstructions 1568, 1589.) E does this
in a thorough-going way and the result is proto-language in which the basic vocabulary
consists of a set of polysemous verbal roots with abstract and general meanings, while
verbs with more specific meanings, and almost all nouns are derived by suffixation.
Further all consonants in this language can serve as suffixes. I would argue that both points
are violations of the uniformitarian principle. In general the underived, basic vocabulary of
a language and specific and concrete, while abstract words are formed by derivation.
Further it is rare for the full consonant inventory of a language to be used in its productive
derivational morphology. Finally, given the well-known homorganic cooccurence
restrictions on Afroasiatic roots (Greenberg 1950, Bender 1974), each suffix would have to
have at least one allomorph at a different point of articulation and a hideously complex
system of dissimilation rules would be needed to account for their distribution. E’s
justification for this is revealing “With respect to triconsonantal roots in Semitic, a[n] ...
explanation of the third consonant as lexicalized pre-proto-Semitic suffixal morphemes has
now been put forward (Ehret 1989).... It has been applied here without apology because,
quite simply it works.” This is the worst possible argument in favor of the hypothesis. As
the above calculations have shown, such a procedure should indeed work quite well as a
way of generating random noise

http://www.tufs.ac.jp/ts/personal/ratcliffe/comp%20&%20method-Ratcliffe.pdf

There is no such thing as AfroAsiatic.

Reference:

Ehret,C. 1995. Reconstructing Proto-Afro-Asiatic.

Orel, Vladimir and Olga V. Stolbova. 1995. Hamito-Semitic Etymological Dictionary: Materials for a reconstruction. E.J. Brill. Leiden.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
The Niger-Congo speakers originated in North and Middle Africa.

Niger-Congo Speakers probably played an important role in the peopling of the Sahara. Drake et al make it clear there was considerable human activity in the Sahara before it became a desert[1]. Drake et al [1] provides evidence that the original settlers of this wet Sahara, who used aquatic tool kits, were Nilo-Saharan (NS) speakers. The authors also recognized another Saharan culture that played a role in the peopling of the desert. This population hunted animals with the bow-and –arrow; they are associated with the Ounanian culture. The Ounanian culture existed 12kya [2].

-

The Ounanians were members of the Capsian population.There was continuity between the populations in the Maghreb and southern Sahara referred to as Capsians, Iberomaurusians, and Mechtoids [3]. The Niger-Congo speakers are decendants of the Capsian population.

Capsian people did not only live in Afrca, they were also present in South Asia. Using craniometric data researchers have made it clear that the Dravidian speakers of South India and the Indus valley were primarily related to the ancient Capsian or Mediterranean population [4-9].
Lahovary [7] and Sastri [8] maintains that the Capsian population was unified over an extensive zone from Africa, across Eurasia into South India. Some researchers maintain that the Capsian civilization originated in East Africa [7].

The Ounanian culture is associated with sites in central Egypt, Algeria, Mali, Mauretania and Niger [10]. The Ounanian tradition is probably associated with the Niger-Congo phyla. This would explain the close relationship between the Niger-Congo and Nilo-Saharan languages.

The original homeland of the Niger-Congo speakers was probably situated in the Saharan Highlands during the Ounanian period. From here NC populations migrated into the Fezzan, Nile Valley and Sudan as their original homeland became more and more arid.

Below are 15 points that support a Saharan--not East African origin of the Niger-Congo speakers.

1. The Proto-Niger Congo population hunted animals with the bow-and –arrow; they are associated with the Ounanian culture. The Ounanian culture existed 12kya [2].

2. The Ounanians were members of the Capsian population.There was continuity between the populations in the Maghreb and southern Sahara referred to as Capsians, Iberomaurusians, and Mechtoids [3].

3. The Ounanian culture is associated with sites in central Egypt, Algeria, Mali, Mauretania and Niger. There are no East African sites.
4. The original homeland of the Niger-Congo speakers was probably situated in the Saharan Highlands.

5. Proto-Niger- Congo people developed an agro-pastoral economy which included the cultivation of millet, and domestication of cattle (and sheep).

6. The Niger-Congo speakers probably began to exit the Saharan Highlands during the Ounanian period. By the 8th millennium BC Saharan-Sudanese pottery was used in the Air [22]. Ceramics of this style have also been found at sites in the Hoggar [22-23]. Dotted wavy-line pottery has also been discovered in the Libyan Sahara [22]. Again no sites are found in East Africa.

7. They migrated from the Highlands into Nubia.

7a. Genetic evidence supports the upper Nile settlement for the Niger-Congo speakers. Rosa et al, in a paper discussing the y-Chromosomal diversity in the population of Guinea-Bissau, noted that while most Mande & Balanta carry the E3a-M2 gene, there are a number of Felupe-Djola, Papel, Fulbe and Mande carry the M3b*-M35 gene the same as many non-Niger-Congo speaking people in the Sudan.

8. They were the C-Group people.

9. Researchers have conclusively proven that the Dravidians are related to the Niger-Congo speaking group and they originally lived in Nubia [7]. The Dravidians and C-Group people of Nubia used 1) a common BRW [7]; 2) a common burial complex incorporating megaliths and circular rock enclosures [7] and 3) a common type of rock cut sepulcher [7] and writing system [50-51].

-

10. The BRW industry diffused from Nubia, across West Asia into Rajastan, and thence to East Central and South India [30]. Singh [30] made it clear that he believes that the BRW radiated from Nubia through Mesopotamia and Iran southward into India

11. The mtDNA haplogroups L1, L2, L3 and U5 are associated with Niger-Congo speakers. Phylogenetically all the Eurasian mtDNA branches descend from L3.
The Pan-African haplotypes are 16189,16192,16223, 16278,16294, 16309, qnd 16390. This sequence is found in the L2a1 haplotype which is highly frequent among the Mande speaking group and the Wolof.

12. The phylogeography of y-Chromosome haplotypes shared among the Niger-Congo speakers include A,B, Elb1a, E1b1b, E2, E3a and R1 [57] (See: Figures 1-2). The predominate y-Chromosome among the Niger-Congo is M2, M35, and M33.

Haplogroup E has three branches carried by Niger-Congo populations E1, E2 and E3. The E1 and E2 clines are found exclusively in Africa. Haplogroup E3 is also found in Eurasia. Haplogroup E3 subclades are E3b, E-M78, E-M81 and E-M34. The E clades probably originated in Saharan Africa. This is based on the fact that the Niger-Congo people carry this haplogroup at high frequencies.

The majority of Niger-Congo speakers belong to E1b1a, Elb1b, E2 and R1. Around 90% belong to y-Chromosome group E (215,M35*).

Y-Chromosome haplogroup A is represented among Niger-Congo speakers. In West Africa, under 5% of the NC speakers belong to group A. Most Niger-Congo speakers who belong to group A are found in East Africa and belong to A3b2-M13: Kenya (13.8) and Tanzanian (7.0%).

13. The Bantu originated in Saharan Africa not East Africa. The Bantu expansion is usually associated with the spread of y-Chromosome E3a-M2. The most common branch of the V-38 haplogroup is E-M2. E-M2 dates to around 25ky old. It probably originated in the Highland area during the Ounanian period.

14. Some researchers claim that: “The downstreams SNP E-M180 possibly originated on the moist south-central Saharan savannah/grassland of northern West Africa during the early Holocene period. Much of the population that carried E-M2 retreated to southern West Africa with the drying of the Sahara. These later people migrated from Southeastern Nigeria and Cameroon ~8.0 kya to Central Africa, East Africa, and Southern Africa causing or following the Bantu expansion.[4][5][6] According to Wood et al. (2005) and Rosa et al. (2007), such population movements from West Africa changed the pre-existing population Y chromosomal diversity in Western, Central, Southern and southern East Africa, replacing the previous haplogroups frequencies in these areas with the now dominant E1b1a1 lineages.” See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-V38

In Kenya the frequentcy for E3a-M2 is 52%; and 42% in Tanzania. In Burkina Faso high frequentcies of E-M2* and E-M191* are also represented. It is interesting to note that among the Mande speaking Bisa and Mandekan there are high frequentcies of E-M2*. This is in sharp contrast to the Marka and South Samo who have high frequencies of E-M33.

15. The pristine form of R1-M173 is found in Africa. Y-Chromosome R is characterized by M207/ V45. The V45 mutation is found among NC speakers. The R1b mutations include V7, V8, V45, V69 and V88. The frequentcy of R1-M173 varies among Niger-Congo speakers. The frequentcy of R-M173 range between 3-54%. The most frequent subtype in Africa is V88 (R1b1a). Haplogroup R1b1a ranges between 2-20% among the Bantu speakers.The highest frequentcy of R1 is found among Fulbe or Fulani speakers .

In summary, the Niger-Congo speakers formerly lived in the highland regions of the Fezzan and Hoggar until after 4000 BC. Originally hunter-gatherers the Proto-Niger- Congo people developed an agro-pastoral economy which included the cultivation of millet, and domestication of cattle (and sheep).

See: https://www.webmedcentral.com/wmcpdf/Article_WMC003149.pdf

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
@ Swenet

So what is your opinion on exactly where in Africa did proto-Afroasiatic originate? Do you believe it to be the Ethiopian interior (Blench's suggestion), somewhere along the Red Sea coast (Ehret's), or somewhere else entirely?
When I look at various proposals of reconstructed proto-Afro-Asiatic words, I think it's somewhere that included Egypt and Sudan. I never understood the appeal of the Ethiopian homeland proposal and I think that the argument for Ethiopia may actually be weaker than the argument for the Levant. Both, IMO, are weaker than the argument for the eastern Sahara.
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Proto-Afro-Asiatic can not be reconstructed. And most so-called reconstructed cognates are usually semiticentric, because the language does not exist across other African languages like Egyptian.It neither originated in the Levant or Ethiopia.

Both Ehret(1995) and Orel/Stolbova have reconstructed Proto-Afrsian. A comparison of the 217 linguistic sets used to demonstrate Proto-Afrasian lexica only 59 agree. Of Ehret's 1011 entries 619 are incompatible with Orel/Stolbova, while only 175 are complimentary.

Less than 6% of the cognate sets of Ehret were proposed by Orel/Stolbova and only 17% are complimentary. This illustrates the imaginary relationship that exist between the so-called Afrasian languages.

-

-

Obenga made it clear that AfroAsiatic does not exist and you can not reconstruct the Proto-language.

This is true. Ehret (1995) and Orel/Stolbova (1995) were attempts at comparing Proto-AfroAsiatic. The most interesting fact about these works is that they produced different results. If AfroAsiatic existed they should have arrived at similar results. The major failur of these works is that there is too much synononymy. For example, the Proto-AfroAsiatic synonym for bird has 52 synonyms this is far too many for a single term and illustrates how the researchers just correlated a number of languages to produce a proto-form.

Radcliffe commenting on these text observed:

quote:

Both sources reconstruct lexical relationships in the attested languages as going
back to derivational relationships in the proto-language. (In at least one case OS also
reconstruct a derivational relationship-- an Arabic singular-plural pair qarya(tun), qura(n)--
as going back to lexical ones in Proto-Afroasiatic, reconstructions 1568, 1589.) E does this
in a thorough-going way and the result is proto-language in which the basic vocabulary
consists of a set of polysemous verbal roots with abstract and general meanings, while
verbs with more specific meanings, and almost all nouns are derived by suffixation.
Further all consonants in this language can serve as suffixes. I would argue that both points
are violations of the uniformitarian principle. In general the underived, basic vocabulary of
a language and specific and concrete, while abstract words are formed by derivation.
Further it is rare for the full consonant inventory of a language to be used in its productive
derivational morphology. Finally, given the well-known homorganic cooccurence
restrictions on Afroasiatic roots (Greenberg 1950, Bender 1974), each suffix would have to
have at least one allomorph at a different point of articulation and a hideously complex
system of dissimilation rules would be needed to account for their distribution. E’s
justification for this is revealing “With respect to triconsonantal roots in Semitic, a[n] ...
explanation of the third consonant as lexicalized pre-proto-Semitic suffixal morphemes has
now been put forward (Ehret 1989).... It has been applied here without apology because,
quite simply it works.” This is the worst possible argument in favor of the hypothesis. As
the above calculations have shown, such a procedure should indeed work quite well as a
way of generating random noise

http://www.tufs.ac.jp/ts/personal/ratcliffe/comp%20&%20method-Ratcliffe.pdf

Reference:

Ehret,C. 1995. Reconstructing Proto-Afro-Asiatic.

Orel, Vladimir and Olga V. Stolbova. 1995. Hamito-Semitic Etymological Dictionary: Materials for a reconstruction. E.J. Brill. Leiden.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
At the base of the Semitic languages are usually African roots.

-

Examples of these roots in Semitic were made by Diop in his book The Cultural Unity of Black Africa. See page 113.

-

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:

To the contrary. The evidence for Afro-Asiatic is so strong that Y DNA and mtDNA line up in a way that is consistent with Afro-Asiatic.

-

^No one tampered with this map to make it align with the distribution of Afro-Asiatic. The genetic evidence accumulated over time and this Y DNA pattern emerged organically. This is how you know Afro-Asiatic works and is a sound scientific concept; independent lines of evidence are organically converging and saying the same thing.

The Negro-Egyptian proponents can't say that about their ideas. Obenga's ideas are notorious for completely falling apart as soon as you look for evidence outside of linguistics. You have all these people who have basically locked themselves up in their own linguistic bubble, scared to come out because other scientific fields are full of reality checks they don't want to be confronted with.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Also, Afro-Asiatic works because all of its predictions have come true so far. For instance, Kitchen et al 2009's prediction was that ancestral Semitic migrated out of Africa during the early Bronze Age and settled in the region of Syria:

-

In 2015 we got Bronze aDNA right across from Syria (Armenia) and guess what? We see the classic 'Semitic' E-M34 lineage in their aDNA.

Ehret and others have proposed that the Natufians spoke an early form of Afro-Asiatic. The African Y DNA haplogroups among the Natufians are unambiguously 'Afro-Asiatic', again, showing that proponents of Afro-Asiatic make predictions that are later confirmed.

Please explain how Afro-Asiatic is capable of making accurate predictions if its an arbitrary linguistic construct concocted by the white establishment.

[Roll Eyes]

Compare this with Obenga, who denies that Semitic is African. E-M34 in Bronze Age Armenia doesn't just confirm the validity of Afro-Asiatic, it also falsifies important aspects of Obenga's work. If you want to accept Obenga you basically have to become someone like Asar, who locks himself up in his linguistic bubble, or you have to become someone like Akachi who tries to integrate different ideas but fails completely.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
@ Swenet

When I look at various proposals of reconstructed proto-Afro-Asiatic words, I think it's somewhere that included Egypt and Sudan. I never understood the appeal of the Ethiopian homeland proposal and I think that the argument for Ethiopia may actually be weaker than the argument for the Levant. Both, IMO, are weaker than the argument for the eastern Sahara.
Fair enough.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

a hypothesis about the place of origin of a language family or phylum must be based on linguistic evidence and methods, not on DNA or craniofacial patterns.
--S.O.Y Keita

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com