EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » More questions!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More questions!
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.I was just wondering how far were predynastic Egyptians into Sudan? I heard they were so far in they were South of the Sahara, or was it south of the Sahara for that time period or...???

Any maps of archeological/predynastic tourist sites would be great too!

2. About this image...what do the +ve and -ve things on the side mean? And what are negaive pcr results??? Thanks!!!

-

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was discussed before . I believe Beyoku broached the Table/subject.

What the table is showing is that the population was tested (using one of many methods of testing ie PCR). Judging by the resolution they researchers did NOT clearly identify the sub-clades or sub-haplogroups . That is why they used positive or negative. +ve or –ve. present or not present

It shows that these African Neolithic population carried or did not carry haplogroups YAP = DE/E, M13- haplogroup A, M60 Haplogroup B or major sub-groups of Haplogroup F(M89) are Haplogroups G, H, [IJ], and K.

All these haplogroups are typical African and can be found right across the Sahel and lower Africa.

Remember according to the results obtained by BMJ and Hawass et al Ramesess III and ManE were YAP +ve

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com