EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egyptians DNA is Less Sub Saharan than modern Egyptian DNA. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Ancient Egyptians DNA is Less Sub Saharan than modern Egyptian DNA.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Lioness

You're never going to get agreement on this. This is why I've said a long time ago that I'm going to stop using the term without trying to persuade others. Others can use it if they want to. I see the politics and so I'm dropping it. Others here can pretend that only the Eurocentric opposition is doing these spin antics all they want, but parties on both sides are doing it.

I love sitting back and pointing out how aDNA is exposing them. Somehow people here think only Europeans have to make adjustments after the discovery that Labrana wasn't white. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
@Lioness

You're never going to get agreement on this. This is why I've said a long time ago that I'm going to stop using the term without trying to persuade others. Others can use it if they want to. I see the politics and so I'm dropping it. Others here can pretend that only the Eurocentric opposition is doing these spin antics all they want, but parties on both sides are doing it.

I love sitting back and pointing out how aDNA is exposing them. Somehow people here think only Europeans have to make adjustments after the discovery that Labrana wasn't white. [Roll Eyes]

Personally, if someone were to ask me about AE appearance and affinities right now, I would say "some would consider them 'black'". That phrasing would address the many conflicting definitions of the term while emphasizing that most AE wouldn't have looked like the stereotypical tan-skinned "North African Arab". Of course, I'd also name related populations in Northeast Africa to avoid painting a stereotyped "True Negro" image of AE.

That said, in my experience even simply calling AE "African"---without using any color terminology at all---is going to provoke accusations of "Afrocentrism" from certain people. In the end the bias against an African Egypt is still going to be there no matter what vocabulary you use.

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nodnarb:
That said, in my experience even simply calling AE "African"---without using any color terminology at all---is going to provoke accusations of "Afrocentrism" from certain people. In the end the bias against an African Egypt is still going to be there no matter what vocabulary you use.

This is an example of what I'm talking about.

I created a mod for the game Civilization VI that changed the appearance of the Egyptian characters to look more African, and then I uploaded it onto the Steam Workshop while titling it "African Egyptians". Other than the phrase "dark-skinned", I did not use any color terminology at all in my description of the mod---I avoided the term "black" completely.

The Steam community still threw a tantrum about how my mod was "Afrocentric revisionism" and "blackwashing history". It was like the very association of AE with Africa and darker skin was enough to trigger their racist butts.

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Ancient Egypt but if they weren't "black" I wouldn't give crap to be honest.

As long as Mali, Songhai and especially the Swahili coast was "black" I have no personal problems. [Cool]

*Shrugs*

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Nodnarb

You're right. But that's different from people who are deliberately misinterpreting DJ's use of 'black' (and my past use of the term) as referring to ancestry/race. The same intellectual midgets are also taking ancient Greek use of 'melas' and translating it to the western use of 'black', which has heavy SSA connotations that these ancient authors had no awareness of. They're also doing the same thing with 'Cush', going as far as to say that Eden being encircled by Cushites to the north, west and east must mean Eden was in Africa. This, despite the fact that the bible clearly says Eden was to the east (from its audience's perspective). Against all evidence, we're supposed to think that, because these Cushites were dark skinned, this whole setting of Adam and Eve must have been imagined to take place in Africa.

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with saying that the ancient Greeks would have described AE pigmentation as heavily pigmented and consistent with their artwork. But that doesn't translate to the racial baggage that 'black' carries today. They're taking ancient pigmentation-based terms and using it to sneak in their own agenda. And when academics refuse to get on board with defining AE on their terms (why should it specifically have to be THEIR terms?) they want to throw a tantrum and publish emails.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:
I love Ancient Egypt but if they weren't "black" I wouldn't give crap to be honest.

As long as Mali, Songhai and especially the Swahili coast was "black" I have no personal problems. [Cool]

*Shrugs*

It's beyond dispute that ancient Egypt was established and developed by Northeast African cultures diffusing from North Sudan and the Horn. That some "Eurasians" migrated into Egypt long after it was established does nothing to undermine this.

I'll truly care when Eurocentrics can demonstrate that it was "Eurasians" from the Levant or Southern Europe that created ancient Egypt from the predynastic period to Pharaonic times.

It's already well known that Levantine people were able to assume an Egyptian identity after being naturalised and that they were able to serve as soldiers and scribes. Ancient Egypt was essentially the first truly cosmopolitan civilization.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
smh. I didn't realize you that thick. You thought I meant these were Indians. I need not talk to you no further. adio.

quote:
Originally posted by Real tawk:
You're a bigger idiot than I thought if you think that that is a representation of Indians.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
yeah! WTF are you blabbering about. Yes, most Indians are black, AEians were not white. AEians are indigenous Africans.

oh! African!? lol! another fool.

-

-

quote:
WTF is Black??!! Ha! That is the Negro's trojan horse to lay hold on other people of color historical, cultural and genetic heritage. Don't you love the self-hating Negros. I guess East Indians are Black too! Why not identify populations by their hair texture also? Oh, wait! that what exclude the Negro from the rest of humanity. I love it when Negros cling onto antiquated racial taxonomies.

quote:
typical fool. It did not say they had "no" SSA ancestry. It said less. Same mis-reading as those who are spinning the Natufians.

quote:
Originally posted by Lawaya:
just because the new info said the Egyptians ***weren't sub-Saharan**** that don't mean they weren't black. when they say sub-Saharan they mean west Africans that's not an surprise most of the Egyptians body were E1b1b and west Africans are E1b1a

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

quote:
Originally posted by Cass/:
My argument is based on the standard used by physical anthropologists: black is 29-36. Like you said, give or take a couple of units because these are fuzzy. But we have afronuts on this forum like Doug who think light brown hues as low as 17 are black and they only say this so they can lump much lighter skinned north African populations in with themselves as part of their pan-African politics. No physical anthropologist however does this.

You would have to quote Doug to prove he said that

quote:
@Lioness

The proposal is on the table, you don't know, maybe people will agree.
Maybe Doug and Djehuti will agree

Black =

give or take one unit

27-36

Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My argument is based on the standard used by physical anthropologists: black is 29-36. Like you said, give or take a couple of units because these are fuzzy. But we have afronuts on this forum like Doug who think light brown hues as low as 17 are black and they only say this so they can lump much lighter skinned north African populations in with themselves as part of their pan-African politics. No physical anthropologist however does this.

In what strange world are Northeast Africans not black? Are North Sudanese, Somalis, Eritreans and Ethiopians not black? These are the people that eventually created ancient Egypt... it was a Sudanese transplant.
Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
quote:

In what strange world are Northeast Africans not black? Are North Sudanese, Somalis, Eritreans and Ethiopians not black? These are the people that eventually created ancient Egypt... it was a Sudanese transplant.
Several people in this forum, Djehuti, Doug, Tukular prefer the definition of black as not having to do with ancestry or features but instead a particular range of darker skin tones.

Therefore if one establishes that range's boundary we can look at
various North Sudanese, Somalis, Eritreans and Ethiopians and on a case by case basis of individual people determine if they are black or not by comparing them to a color chart

Posts: 42937 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
quote:

Several people in this forum, Djehuti, Doug, Tukular prefer the definition of black as not having to do with ancestry or features but instead a particular range of darker skin tones.

various North Sudanese, Somalis, Eritreans and Ethiopians and on a case by case basis of individual people determine if they are black or not by comparing them to a color chart

That's bonkers. That sort of arrangement would be a bloody mess. You would be left with a situation in which people from the same ethnic group would be placed into different racial boxes in opposition to genetics, linguistics, culture and common sense.

The only way Eurocentrics can win is to prove that ancient Egyptians are not derived from Northeast African cultures that also produced North Sudanese and Somalis.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, Why do so many topics eventually arrive at this bullsh!t subject.

Black as a "racially" or biological term of classification varied based on context as well as who you are speaking to, we all know this.
You can't go to the Caribbean or Africa and accurately describe someone below a color grade of 24 black, no matter how big the lips, wide the nose, kinky the hair and dark their parents might be. ...same-thing for India, and Korea (-minus a few shades).

The problem at it's root isn't color, but race. Arguing about interpretation of the word "black" is a mere smokescreen. A good portion of people don't desire to subscribe to the Idea of race and within those that do, No one wants to agree on the parameters at which we classify each other.

This rolls over to how we chose Identify ourselves and gives space for semantic manipulation in which we classify subjects racially based on a varying degree of pigment. this is because of the fact that in the western world we apply color scheme to racial categorization; Black, brown, white, yellow, red... we confuse ourselves purposefully when we seek to associate or dissociate ourselves and others from a group in question.

An Amerindian can be well darker than an African, but they're considered red, A chinese man can be well lighter than an Iberian, but the Chinese man would be considered yellow.

It's never been about color... It's politics, It's vanity. How it relates to Aegyptians is one in the same... To my knowledge they're Pigmented indigenous Africans, So in the western world... I would say they're black cause they fit the open criteria for such a classification....

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
@Lioness.

Are you sure you're African American? So you think people are going to willingly shut out the skin pigmentation levels of Obama, Sade and Bill Withers from 'black'?

Some will argue that definite boundaries are irrelevant because most skin color is controlled by a handful of genes. Statistically this means that you can be predominantly African but extremely light skinned.

Another reason why this is pointless is because these undefined boundaries are undefined for a reason. They have a social function. (Just like the Arab nationalism has a social function). You're trying to get people to decrease the size of their social identity just because you want to hold them accountable.. people aren't stupid.

Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real tawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so based on your logic, Japanese are white. You are a fvcking idiot.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:

WTF is Black??!! Ha! That is the Negro's trojan horse to lay hold on other people of color historical, cultural and genetic heritage. Don't you love the self-hating Negros. I guess East Indians are Black too! Why not identify populations by their hair texture also? Oh, wait! that what exclude the Negro from the rest of humanity. I love it when Negros cling onto antiquated racial taxonomies.

We all know what 'black' is, which is a description of skin color and says nothing about ancestry. Just because someone is black doesn't mean they are of recent African ancestry. Clyde and Xyzman know this but they would rather live in a fantasy.

Posts: 507 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] My argument is based on the standard used by physical anthropologists: black is 29-36. Like you said, give or take a couple of units because these are fuzzy. But we have afronuts on this forum like Doug who think light brown hues as low as 17 are black and they only say this so they can lump much lighter skinned north African populations in with themselves as part of their pan-African politics. No physical anthropologist however does this.

That's bonkers. That sort of arrangement would be a bloody mess. You would be left with a situation in which people from the same ethnic group would be placed into different racial boxes in opposition to genetics, linguistics, culture and common sense.

Some might describe the range of being black as starting earlier than 27

But there are several people in thins forum who say that "Black" has nothing to do with ethnic groups.
Therefore if people of the same ethnic would include black and non black people it wouldn't matter.

They would say that the problem is viewing black skin as an ethnicity rather than a pure measurable, darkness level of skin

So therefore politically, continental or tribal affiliation should be separate from this visual observation

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:

*Shrugs*

It's beyond dispute that ancient Egypt was established and developed by Northeast African cultures diffusing from North Sudan and the Horn. That some "Eurasians" migrated into Egypt long after it was established does nothing to undermine this.

I'll truly care when Eurocentrics can demonstrate that it was "Eurasians" from the Levant or Southern Europe that created ancient Egypt from the predynastic period to Pharaonic times.

It's already well known that Levantine people were able to assume an Egyptian identity after being naturalised and that they were able to serve as soldiers and scribes. Ancient Egypt was essentially the first truly cosmopolitan civilization.

I know that. I'm sayng IF we lived in that alternative universe and that was the case.

I'm seeing online that Eurocentrics are celebrating this and acting like Afrocentrics are about to commit mass suicide because of these results. Well, I'm an "Afrocentric" and I have no issues with this results or if certain dynasties were to be mostly Eurasian.

And yeah Egypt definitely was a cosmopolitan civilization. Just wish CERTAIN people would admit that about Greece and Rome too.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Concerned member of public
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not black.

-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nefertiti_Bust

Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you guys are fucking idiots.... I believe a few of you guys have at least left the country you reside in once or twice. You can't tell me you notice a pattern of how "color" is described in relation to the average skin tone??

and that bust of nefertiti isn't black... unless you're asking from a WESTERN racialist POV where this whole confusion has its inception!!

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

FFS didn't we give you a thread to go on and on about this sh!t?
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^suspected forgery whose context is dubious

quote:
In Egyptology, we often do not saying things are a fraud or forgery because it implies a certain intent (ie you made it with the intent to deceive vs you made a really good copy and someone mistakenly believed it real). We often prefer to use the words, cannot be authenticated. And this is exactly where this bust falls. Why? Several reasons.

1. We aren't certain the original maker of this intended to deceive. The story goes it was made in Germany during the early 1900's by an artist, someone saw it and was very impressed with its beauty, the artist never had the heart to say the truth and sold it to the collector. The collector assumed it to be real and it was presented as such and just assumed to be legitimate, with no actual evidence.

"According to a Swiss art historian, the bust is less than 100 years old. Henri Stierlin has said the stunning work that will later this year be the showpiece of the city's reborn Neues Museum was created by an artist commissioned by Ludwig Borchardt, the German archaeologist credited with digging Nefertiti out of the sands of the ancient settlement of Amarna, 90 miles south of Cairo, in 1912.

In his book, Le Buste de Nefertiti – une Imposture de l'Egyptologie? (The Bust of Nefertiti – an Egyptology Fraud?), Stierlin has claimed that the bust was created to test ancient pigments. But after it was admired by a Prussian prince, Johann Georg, who was beguiled by Nefertiti's beauty, Borchardt, said Stierlin, "didn't have the nerve to make his guest look stupid" and pretended it was genuine.

Berlin author and historian Edrogan Ercivan has added his weight to the row with his book Missing Link in Archaeology, published last week, in which he has also called Nefertiti a fake, modelled by an artist on Borchardt's statuesque wife.

Public and political enthusiasm about the find at the time gave the artefact its "own dynamic" and led to Borchardt ensuring it was kept out of the public gaze until 1924, the authors have argued."

"Other aspects of the find, which he has claimed support his theory, are the facts that the bust has no left eye, which the ancient Egyptians would have considered a sign of disrespect towards their much-loved queen, and that the first scientific reports on the discovery were not written up for 11 years."

You see this isn't technically a forgery. There wasn't an intent by the artist to deceive. However it isn't an authentically Egyptian artwork either.

Is this Nefertiti – or a 100-year-old fake?

2. "Inconsistent with Egyptian style

He noted that the bust has no left eye, which the ancient Egyptians would have considered a sign of disrespect to their queen. He pointed out that the shoulders were cut vertically, while Egyptian artisans cut their busts' shoulders horizontally.

And he said French archeologists who were present at the 1912 dig never mentioned the find, nor did contemporary written accounts.

Berlin author and historian Edrogan Ercivan's new book, Missing Link in Archaeology, which was published last week, adds to Stierlin's argument. Ercivan has also called the Nefertiti bust a fake, saying it was modelled on Borchardt's wife, the Guardian newspaper reported.

Both historians have said Borchardt kept the bust for 11 years before handing it over to a Berlin museum."

Nefertiti bust may be a fake: art historians

3. I actually have a PH.d in Egyptology, when I was in Egypt I looked into this. I also looked in Germany and France and UK to try to find some export record. Contrary to what people think, these things have to be recorded. Even in war time, the soldiers have to record what they were taking where the governments permit them to loot. The bust has no history. What I mean by this, is for most artifacts to be considered valid, they basically have to look right, feel right, and seem right, and have a history of the moment they were removed from the ground, until now. Anything less, means it cannot be authenticated to the best ability of archaeologist. Now sometimes if it is consistent with other styles in a perfect manner, we can say it is most probable but has a missing history. The bust meets neither of these requirements, it is inconsistent with Egyptian style of its time, you cannot find another bust like it Ancient Egypt, additionally it doesn't appear in any record, export record, military record nor import record. In otherwords, it first appears in Germany not Egypt, according to the record. This makes it impossible to authenticate as Egyptian. Now in theory it could have been smuggled in, but that isn't a tiny bust, its not the easiest thing to smuggle. So already its not likely, it is also quiet heavy, add on to the fact that if someone was willing to lie to 2 governments to sneak out an artifact where they could go to jail for, why should I believe that same person wouldn't lie to me and pass off a forgery that is of the wrong style with missing parts?

4. The bust doesn't look like Nefertiti to me. Not from what I've seen in pyramid depictions at least.

Look at the facial features, the lips, the nose, the eyes. Also look at the crown. Notice how the crown in the bust above has multiple key differences like it has a red, green, yellow and blue band around the mid-section of it, but the hieroglyph doesn't. There are alot of inconsistencies with the crown in the sculpture than with the glyph.

What I notice immediately as well, is nefertiti is depicted as someone with a clearly extreme form of prognathism where their low jaw is forward and forehead slants backwards. This is not depicted in the bust.

-

Nefertiti and Akenaten her husband.

Nefertiti's father is Ay, his mother is Tiye. This is queen Tiye

-

Note the huge difference in artistic styles between this and the bust, both are queens of egypt, but the depictions are highly different in art styles.

5. Borchardt (the guy who first has the bust), was, unethical at best, but had a reputation as a forger and a reputation for buying fakes and making fakes and trying to pass them off as real. Additionally we know for a fact other parts in support of the bust are certainly fake, we know because...

"The renowned Egyptologist Rolf Krauss, a curator at the Egyptian Museum in Berlin for more than 20 years and the custodian of the Nefertiti bust, claims that the folding altar used as compensation for the bust was fake.

Krauss theorizes that Borchardt, consumed with ambition, had the magnificent panel, with which he enticed Lefebvre, made by skilled stonemasons in Cairo.

But could the excavator have been capable of such contemptuous fraud? Some, who believe Borchardt was a hatchet man, say he could.

It is true that the scholar had been working at the German consulate general in Cairo since 1899. His official title was "academic attaché." But in reality Borchardt's job -- in the struggle against the other imperialistic powers, England, France and the United States -- was to fill Germany's museums with treasures from the days of the pharaohs.

His approach was often crude. In 1908, British Egyptologist Alan Gardiner accused him of "tactless and brusque behavior." Gardiner also claimed that the German had established a network of academic spies in the Nile Valley.

When confronted at home, the accused admitted that he had illegitimately acquired "a large number of photographs, drawings, private letters and foreign documents, and so on." In a letter to the foreign ministry, a colleague complained that a man who had "compromised German academia in such a way cannot remain in his position."

But the Indiana Jones of the German Empire survived the scandal. He was simply too good at what did. Borchardt often roamed through the souks of Cairo, where bearded merchants offered stolen antiquities for sale, as well as fakes made to look old with etching acid. Borchardt himself described the dealers' tricks. For example, it was common that "the men scratch off old paint, crush it and apply it with a binding agent."

There is even evidence that Borchardt made forgeries himself when he was a student. He imitated a cuneiform tablet and wrote logarithms onto it. A scholar fell for the practical joke.

Its interest peaked by the rumors, the restoration laboratory (set up by Italians) in Cairo examined the folding altar some time ago. When it was placed under ultraviolet light, it turned out that the supposed weathering was only a "darker base color" that had been painted onto the limestone.

"I think this is absolute proof of forgery," says Egyptologist Christian Loeben."

Mystery on the Nile: Re-Examining Nefertiti's Likeness and Life - SPIEGEL ONLINE

6. COLOR. None of the other sources mentioned this, but in addition to appearing in a German art style rather than an Egyptian one, the color is wrong. The Egyptians were often depicted in many different colors, often having a symbolic meaning. Dark brown or ruddy brown is most common. For females usually it was dark brown or yellow brown or golden brown type color. Dead were often depicted in white (like ghost white). Gods depicted in jet black like Osiris and Amun (supreme god). and Ptah depicted in green (a god), water goddess like nut in blue. The bust doesn't fall into any known category we find anywhere in egypt. It seems to be painted in a modern day flesh color of a caucasian person maybe with a tan. Now being painted tan isn't disqualifying in and of itself. It is all the other factors, mysterious history, not looking like nefertiti and appearing in a paint color we never seen before, or after.

7. The bust is made of stone, but has plaster on it. This is again, unheard of. It is also possible that the bust was modified. It could have been a bust of someone else, was changed in appearance. For instance,

" The right ear canal showed a pointed end, which suggested the use of a drill-type tool, whereas the left ear canal ended bluntly."

" The findings were inspected to possibly differentiate multiple layers of plaster. The bonding between limestone and plaster was analyzed to identify points of weakness that are potentially at risk for breaking and to provide guidance for handling of the bust. In addition, the limestone core was analyzed for homogeneity and for inclusions that could provide information to help determine the origin of the stone."

Nondestructive Insights into Composition of the Sculpture of Egyptian Queen Nefertiti with CT

8. The bust also has multiple layers, again this is uncommon. Usually they'd sculpt down a single piece of stone. They wouldn't plaster it.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
@Lioness.

Are you sure you're African American? So you think people are going to willingly shut out the skin pigmentation levels of Obama, Sade and Bill Withers from 'black'?

Some will argue that definite boundaries are irrelevant because most skin color is controlled by a handful of genes. Statistically this means that you can be predominantly African but extremely light skinned.

Another reason why this is pointless is because these undefined boundaries are undefined for a reason. They have a social function. (Just like the Arab nationalism has a social function). You're trying to get people to decrease the size of their social identity just because you want to hold them accountable.. people aren't stupid.

We are not talking about what African is or social function is.
Not about if Obama in a Brazilian view would be "pardo" (brown) or "mulatto" in earlier American terminology, rather than black

This is not for the mainstream (yet?)
It's for Djehuti and Doug who have their own definition of black as per this forum, Tukular argues it is the classical greek definition, that it is pure visual darkness level and nothing else.
-and is inclusive of various people including many East Indians and others, not only African

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:

Black as a "racially" or biological term of classification varied based on context as well as who you are speaking to, we all know this.
You can't go to the Caribbean or Africa and accurately describe someone below a color grade of 24 black, no matter how big the lips, wide the nose, kinky the hair and dark their parents might be. ...same-thing for India, and Korea (-minus a few shades).

-

-

If Black is the range is 24-36 and this sculpture is accurate then she is included

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

-

-

If Black is the range is 24-36 and this sculpture is accurate then she is included

There's already a topic on race and what it means and how to define Egyptians by it. please guys leave this sort of thing there.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
There's already a topic on race and what it means and how to define Egyptians by it. please guys leave this sort of thing there. [/QB]

beyoku is running this topic, the term "black" was introduced in the second post in this thread and brought up man times after. Now after we try to define it and whether or not other non-SSA Africans are black you dont want it discussed

quote:

I don't think populations who fall in the medium UV radiation zone with "moderate" skin are "white". For example North African populations such as Berber groups and the Egyptians would fall in the "moderate" skin category - light brown to reddish-brown. They score between 50 and 60% skin reflectance.

-

Here's another proposal based on the comment

51-100 is black

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not running the topic. I just enjoy watching people with an agenda squirm.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
@lioness

This topic ('black') is going from a bunch of side comments to taking on a life of its own. I'm staying out of this one.

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a universal preference for light pigmentation and it predates European colonialism. Northern Europeans are the lightest in pigmentation by frequency (hair, eyes, skin) so they don't need to "expand their social identity" (to use the above phrase), but the very opposite (and isolate/restrict themselves) to protect these traits. Everyone else though does the opposite because they admire/idealise light[er] pigmentation when they are dark[er] and so it is in their interest to expand their social group identity as much as possible to try to group themselves with lighter phenotypes. I've observed this on this forum, virtually no exceptions.

"In Ibo culture, however, these yellowish or reddish complexions are considered more beautiful than the darker, ‘blacker,’ complexions. ... It is true that, in West Africa, government has for many years been identified with pale-skinned Europeans, but the Ibo evidence suggests that preference for paleness of complexion is indigenous. - Ardener, E.W. 1954. Some Ibo attitudes to skin pigmentation, Man 54:71-73

Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Lioness, honestly.... This is utter foolishness...
To each his own respective criteria... 24 and up cannot be considered black in my eyes, No one would be called black if their skin shade was of 20 in the Caribbean and south america as well as few places in Africa, unless relaying cultural African identity... you say Nef was >24 then 26 is the cut off point ...to me at least. Not only that but most people with pigment functionality can achieve a tan of at least 19.

Can we agree and dead this now...

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
quote:
Egypt, located on the isthmus of Africa, is an ideal region to study historical population dynamics due to its geographic location and documented interactions with ancient civilizations in Africa, Asia, and Europe. Particularly, in the first millennium BCE Egypt endured foreign domination leading to growing numbers of foreigners living within its borders possibly contributing genetically to the local population. Here we mtDNA and nuclear DNA from mummified humans recovered from Middle Egypt that span around 1,300 years of ancient Egyptian history from the Third Intermediate to the Roman Period. Our analyses reveal that ancient Egyptians shared more Near Eastern ancestry than present-day Egyptians, who received additional Sub-Saharan admixture in more recent times. This analysis establishes ancient Egyptian mummies as a genetic source to study ancient human history and offers the perspective of deciphering Egypt’s past at a genome-wide level.

-

Source

We know what occurred during the Third Intermediate period to the Roman Period.

"The Third Intermediate Period of Ancient Egypt began with the death of Pharaoh Ramesses XI in 1070 BC, ending the New Kingdom, and was eventually followed by the Late Period. Various points are offered as the beginning for the latter era, though it is most often regarded as dating from the foundation of the Twenty-Sixth Dynasty by Psamtik I in 664 BC, following the expulsion of the Nubian rulers of the Twenty-Fifth Dynasty by the Assyrians under King Assurbanipal."

and

-

Which of course coincides with this information.

"Previous analyses of cranial variation found the Badari and Early Predynastic Egyptians to be more similar to other African groups than to Mediterranean or European populations (Keita, 1990; Zakrzewski, 2002). In addition, the Badarians have been described as near the centroid of cranial and dental variation among Predynastic and Dynastic populations studied (Irish, 2006; Zakrzewski, 2007). This suggests that, at least through the Early Dynastic period, the inhabitants of the Nile valley were a continuous population of local origin, and no major migration or replacement events occurred during this time.

Studies of cranial morphology also support the use of a Nubian (Kerma) population for a comparison of the Dynastic period, as this group is likely to be more closely genetically related to the early Nile valley inhabitants than would be the Late Dynastic Egyptians, who likely experienced significant mixing with other Mediterranean populations (Zakrzewski, 2002). A craniometric study found the Naqada and Kerma populations to be morphologically similar (Keita, 1990). Given these and other prior studies suggesting continuity (Berry et al., 1967; Berry and Berry, 1972), and the lack of archaeological evidence of major migration or population replacement during the Neolithic transition in the Nile valley, we may cautiously interpret the dental health changes over time as primarily due to ecological, subsistence, and demographic changes experienced throughout the Nile valley region."

-- AP Starling, JT Stock. (2007). Dental Indicators of Health and Stress in Early Egyptian and Nubian Agriculturalists: A Difficult Transition and Gradual Recovery. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 134:520–528"

-  -

That being said if the results of the presented genetic study is only indicating that a non African population during the LATE period characterized the Nile Valley is NEWS to anyone then they have been looking at Kemet's population history without knowing actual context to the situation. We see that prior to the Late Period that is assessed in the study noted that E1b1a was found in New Kingdom (still KEMET) Ramses III.

"We amplified 16 Y chromosomal, short tandem repeats (AmpF\STR Yfiler PCR amplification kit; Applied Biosystems).........Genetic kinship analyses revealed identical haplotypes in both mummies (table 1⇓); using the Whit Athey’s haplogroup predictor, we determined the Y chromosomal haplogroup E1b1a"

^^ In case you haven't noted the above study is still very solid proof of the earlier existence of the exclusively associated "Negroid"-Niger Congo populations along the Nile. The findings of the Late Period invaders is really irrelevant, and in no way nullify this fact.

We see from DNAtribes AND DNAconsultant Y-Dna analysis of the Amarna period pharaohs and that of Ramses III and his son (who were CONFIRMED to be E1b1a-Negroid/Niger Congo speakers) that again these ancient Africans were exclusively tied to modern melaninated African populations.

We also from other lines of evidence that the early ancient Kemetic population was without a doubt "Negroid".

""Nutter (1958) noted affinities between the Badarian and Naqada samples, a feature that Strouhal (1971) attributed to their skulls possessing “Negroid” traits . Keita (1992), using craniometrics, discovered that the Badarian series is distinctly different from the later Egyptian series, a conclusion that is mostly confirmed here. In the current analysis, the Badari sample more closely clusters with the Naqada sample and the Kerma sample. However, it also groups with the later pooled sample from Dynasties XVIII–XXV. -- Godde K. (2009) An Examination of Nubian and Egyptian biological distances: Support for biological diffusion or in situ development? Homo. 2009;60(5):389-404."

Notice how the anthropological evidence also states that the biological continuity continued into the New Kingdom as those rulers also clustered with those "Negroid" predynastic Kemites. Those Pre-Dynastic Kemites were also found with the severe sickle cell haplotype.

" We conducted a molecular investigation of the presence of sicklemia in six predynastic Egyptian mummies (about 3200 BC) from the Anthropological and Ethnographic Museum of Turin. Previous studies of these remains showed the presence of severe anemia , while histological preparations of mummified tissues revealed hemolytic disorders."

-

Swenet is a clown! The only way for anyone to possibly adhere to such bullshit is if they are complete immune to thinking for themselves based on evidence and logic. He cannot begin to form a narrative (which is what is really the most important aspect to this discussion) with any of his distracting bullshit.

Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Akachi:
Swenet is a clown! The only way for anyone to possibly adhere to such bullshit is if they are complete immune to thinking for themselves based on evidence and logic.

[Roll Eyes]

The recently sampled Natufians are closer to Han Chinese tho.

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
To each his own respective criteria... 24 and up cannot be considered black in my eyes, No one would be called black if their skin shade was of 20 in the Caribbean and south america as well as few places in Africa, unless relaying cultural African identity... you say Nef was >24 then 26 is the cut off point ...to me at least. Not only that but most people with pigment functionality can achieve a tan of at least 19.

Thanks for proving my point. You're trying to attach yourself to lighter phenotypes out of idealising/admiring them.

Who are the biggest buyers of light eye contacts in America? African-Americans.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Akachi:
Swenet is a clown! The only way for anyone to possibly adhere to such bullshit is if they are complete immune to thinking for themselves based on evidence and logic.

[Roll Eyes]

The recently sampled Natufians are closer to Han Chinese tho.

-
Lawaya
Member # 22120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawaya   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptians were black most of them just weren't west Africans
Posts: 54 | From: va | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Natufians are closer to Han Chinese tho.

Show me a Han Chinese individual with a "Negroid" cranial morphology.

“.. one can identify Negroid traits of nose and prognathism appearing in Natufian latest hunters (McCown, 1939) and in Anatolian and Macedonian first farmers, probably from Nubia via the unknown predecesors of the Badarians and Tasians....". (Angel 1972. Biological Relations of Egyptian and Eastern Mediterranean Populations.. JrnHumEvo 1:1, p307

-

Let me know if you need some context behind the story of the Natufians. I can cite Ricaut if you'd like. The map below depicts the only people on Earth who sport the "Negroid" (including the diaspora) morphology.

-

The information shows that the Natufians looked like the people in the region in the map shown above. You don't have any evidence of them looking any other way, and especially not "Mongoloid".

-
 -

Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lawaya
Member # 22120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawaya   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALSO EGYPTIANS WERENT MAJORITY EURASIAN THEY HAD SOME EURASIAN IN THEM BUT THEY WERENT EURASIAN SO I DONT KNOW WHY WHITE PEOPLE ARE HAPPY
Posts: 54 | From: va | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Show me a photo of black women with pigmentation this light:
 -

The only reason black men on this forum call this black is because they admire lighter skinned phenotypes and its in their social and sexual interests to try to extend their definition of black to include these lighter non-black pigmentation phenotypes.

Lawaya
Member # 22120

Rate Member
quote:
typical fool. It did not say they had "no" SSA ancestry. It said less. Same mis-reading as those who are spinning the Natufians.

quote:
Originally posted by Lawaya:
just because the new info said the Egyptians ***weren't sub-Saharan**** that don't mean they weren't black. when they say sub-Saharan they mean west Africans that's not an surprise most of the Egyptians body were E1b1b and west Africans are E1b1a

BEFORE YOU START CALLING NAMES I SAID THEY WERENT WEST AFRICANS NOT THAT THEY DIDNT HAVE WEST AFRICANS DNA IN THEM. EGYPTIANS HAD SOME EURASIAN IN THEM THAT DONT MAKE EURASIN
Lawaya
Member # 22120

Rate Member
quote:
 -

The only reason black men on this forum call this black is because they admire lighter skinned phenotypes and its in their social and sexual interests to try to extend their definition of black to include these lighter non-black pigmentation phenotypes.

ITS BEEN SHOWN MANY SHADES OF THIS QUEEN SO TO USE THIS TYPICAL QUEEN IS AN MISTAKE IN YOUR LOGIC, EYPTIANS HAD MANY TYPES OF SHADES. AFRICA HAVE MANY SHADES OF COMPLEXION WHETHER ITS NORTH,EAST,WEST,SOUTH
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
 -

YRI outscored by almost all Eurasian samples in closeness to recently sampled Natufians. Other available SSA samples score even worse, so I did not list them.

You're monstrously off course from the genetic data. You deserve no full reply because you are a one trick pony (no intelligent analysis, just spamming the same thing over and over) and you never had a point to begin with.

Lawaya
Member # 22120

Rate Member
quote:
@Nodnarb

You're right. But that's different from people who are deliberately misinterpreting DJ's use of 'black' (and my past use of the term) as referring to ancestry/race. The same intellectual midgets are also taking ancient Greek use of 'melas' and translating it to the western use of 'black', which has heavy SSA connotations that these ancient authors had no awareness of. They're also doing the same thing with 'Cush', going as far as to say that Eden being encircled by Cushites to the north, west and east must mean Eden was in Africa. This, despite the fact that the bible clearly says Eden was to the east (from its audience's perspective). Against all evidence, we're supposed to think that, because these Cushites were dark skinned, this whole setting of Adam and Eve must have been imagined to take place in Africa.

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with saying that the ancient Greeks would have described AE pigmentation as heavily pigmented and consistent with their artwork. But that doesn't translate to the racial baggage that 'black' carries today. They're taking ancient pigmentation-based terms and using it to sneak in their own agenda. And when academics refuse to get on board with defining AE on their terms (why should it specifically have to be THEIR terms?) they want to throw a tantrum and publish emails.

I AGREE THAT THEY LOVE GIVING OUT THE SAME INFO JUST IN DIFFERENT HEADLINES, THEY DO THIS EVERY YEAR BUT THEY NEVER GIVE THE FULL DETAILS OF DNA AND THEY WONT.
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
quote:
 -

Assuming that this bust is not a fake and that Nefertiti was not a naturalised Egyptian from the Levant or Armenia, as theorised by some... then she was not black and was certainly not representative of ancient Egypt [even Lower Egyp], and in light of the fact that the Upper Egyptians were the overwhelming demographic majority and resemble other Northeast Africans -even today- in North Sudan and the Horn -- I don't see your point.

Your argument doesn't even attempt to counter established facts that essentially obliterates all your posturing:

a) Ancient Egypt was peopled by Northeast African blacks from North Sudan and the Horn from the predynastic to the Pharaonic

b) "Eurasians" only entered Lower Egypt in noteworthy numbers long after the civilization had already been established by Northeast African blacks.

c) Modern indigenous Upper Egyptians are the best representatives of the Pharaohs

d) The arrival of outsiders into Egypt in later periods does not diminish or erase the biological, ethnic, cultural and linguistic affinities of the founders -- in the same manner that the presence of non-Europeans in ancient Greece and Rome does not in anyway undermine that the core, founding population was European.

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
The information from the living Egyptian population may not be as useful because historical records indicate substantial immigration into Egypt over the last several millennia, and it seems to have been far greater from the Near East and Europe than from areas far south of Egypt. "Substantial immigration" can actually mean a relatively small number of people in terms of population genetics theory. It has been determined that an average migration rate of one percent per generation into a region could result in a great change of the original gene frequencies in only several thousand years. (This assumes that all migrants marry natives and that all native-migrant offspring remain in the region.) It is obvious then that an ethnic group or nationality can change in average gene frequencies or physiognomy by intermarriage, unless social rules exclude the products of "mixed" unions from membership in the receiving group. More abstractly this means that geographically defined populations can undergo significant genetic change with a small percentage of steady assimilation of "foreign" genes. This is true even if natural selection does not favor the genes (and does not eliminate them).
The Geographical Origins and Population Relationships of Early Ancient Egyptians by Professor S O Y keita and Professor A J Boyce

Assuming migration per generation was about 5 to 7 percent in middle Egypt this could explain things easily.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for proving my point. You're trying to attach yourself to lighter phenotypes out of idealising/admiring them.

Most women in my family have a shade ~25 and above I'm not far from there as-well, which is why I was being lenient but with all actuality I'm called "brown" when I leave the country...
Go to the thread started by oshun about the race of kemet, and read through the first seven pages again.... I'm not revisiting this sh!t with you. Either your trolling or you're an idiot.

Back to the abstract and natufians and near easterners and Han Chinese out scoring yorubans lmao.

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
@Nodnarb

You're right that "black" has often been associated with obsolete racial typology. It certainly seems awkward to call AE "black" while acknowledging that race is a social construct that isn't useful for biological anthropology. On the other hand, I do find it can be a convenient shorthand for darker-skinned Africans in certain contexts. For instance, if you're discussing racial tension between light-skinned North Africans of predominantly Eurasian ancestry and darker-skinned Africans with more indigenous ancestry, you can't really use "African" by itself for either team.

But that's how I see things personally. Not going to blackmail anyone into agreeing with me the way Carlos Coke would.

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ancient Egyptians were the same pigmentation as populations at their latitude. I already posted reflectance spectroscopy data for this. The skin colour cline runs from the Nile Valley, starting at the Mediterranean coast and Egyptian Delta, to Middle Egypt, to Upper Egypt, to Lower Nubia and to Upper Nubia. This cline was light brown > medium brown > dark brown. The Egyptians distinguished themselves to their southern neighbours based on skin colour - so they couldn't have been dark brown, but light brown (Lower and Middle Egyptians) to medium brown (Upper Egyptians).

"Afrocentrists claim that Egyptian civilization was a "black" civilization, and this is not accurate... Most scholars believe that ancient Egyptians looked pretty much like today’s Egyptians - that is, they were brown, becoming darker as they approached the Sudan (Snowden 1970, 1992; Smedley 1993)." (De Montellano, 1995)

"Ancient Egyptians, like their modern descendants, varied in complexion from a light Mediterranean type, to a light brown in Middle Egypt, to a darker brown in southern Egypt." (Snowden, 1997)

As Snowden observes people living on the Mediterranean coastal strip in Egypt would have been indistinguishable (to the casual observer at least) to southern European pigmentation. If these people are "black", then so are southern Europeans.

Lawaya
Member # 22120

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Most women in my family have a shade ~25 and above I'm not far from there as-well, which is why I was being lenient but with all actuality I'm called "brown" when I leave the country...
Go to the thread started by oshun about the race of kemet, and read through the first seven pages again.... I'm not revisiting this sh!t with you. Either your trolling or you're an idiot.

Back to the abstract and natufians and near easterners and Han Chinese out scoring yorubans lmao.

WHY YOU KEEP BRINGING UP THAT IT WAS SOME EGYPTIANS THAT HAD MORE EURASIAN THAN WEST AFRICAN THATS NOT AN SURPRISE MAJORITY OF THEIR DNA STILL WAS NORTH AFRICAN
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] Ancient Egyptians were the same pigmentation as populations at their latitude. I already posted reflectance spectroscopy data for this. The skin colour cline runs from the Nile Valley, starting at the Mediterranean coast and Egyptian Delta, to Middle Egypt, to Upper Egypt, to Lower Nubia and to Upper Nubia. This cline was light brown > medium brown > dark brown. The Egyptians distinguished themselves to their southern neighbours based on skin colour - so they couldn't have been dark brown, but light brown (Lower and Middle Egyptians) to medium brown (Upper Egyptians).

Then why are there thousands of artworks depicting many Egyptians as medium to dark brown and why are most of the Pharoahs depicted medium to dark brown?
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not interested in anecdotes. "Black" on the Luscan Scale as used by physical anthropologists e.g. Carleton Coon is 29-36. You're trying to move the standard boundary for your own agenda. Show me a single anthropologist who thinks 24 or 25 is black.
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Lewaya, Relax... Me n swenet are not in cahoots, but you have a lot of digging to do ...and I don't trust you enough to help you fight this fight... Apparently people like to misuse information here.

@Cass reread my fuhcking post's on this page... And go play with yourself.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Not interested in anecdotes. "Black" on the Luscan Scale as used by physical anthropologists e.g. Carleton Coon is 29-36. You're trying to move the standard boundary for your own agenda. Show me a single anthropologist who thinks 24 or 25 is black.

Why are there thousands of artworks depicting many Egyptians as medium to dark brown and why are most of the Pharoahs depicted medium to dark brown?
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com