EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egyptian DNA from 1300BC to 426 AD (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Ancient Egyptian DNA from 1300BC to 426 AD
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: Swenet

Starts with a C and rhymes with @ss, which is completely appropriate.

Other than him I've encountered a few people on various history forums like the ones I've described, not published academics though other than an old professor of mine. He used to teach that when looking at black dynasties in Egypt only the 25th dynasty counted and ascribing that term to the rest of native Egypt was "patently false". He's since fallen back on his hardline as far as that though over the years.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
Charles Barkley is 75% black genetically.

There you have it. A use of 'black' completely divorced from skin pigmentation, which we've been told over 25 thread pages doesn't exist.

We've been told westerners religiously stick to the dictionary's pigmentation-based use of 'black' in real life. Right. [Roll Eyes] [/qb]

quote:
quote:
There you have it. A use of 'black' completely divorced from skin pigmentation, which we've been told over 25 thread pages doesn't exist.

We've been told westerners religiously stick to the dictionary's pigmentation-based use of 'black' in real life. Right. [Roll Eyes]

People are being disingenuous
 - [/QB]

Hope that refreshes your memory Fourty2Tribes. [Wink]

And BTW, I agree with your pre-Abusir statement that these so-called "exclusively skin pigmentation" people are "disingenuous", if we want to put it politely. But you seem to have done quite the flip flop post Abusir.

How much 'black' do the Abusir mummies have, Fourty2Tribes? See how you've set yourself up using your own terminology?

You can't walk around with your pants down like this and claim people who say AE weren't black in this sense are necessarily racist.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the black gene ???
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
@Ish Gebor ^ That guy is "Black" The images on the wall are "Black". If that is what we are talking about then the discussion is over.

If we are talking about biological affinity its a totally different ballgame. It seems like with some folks Biological affinity overrides phenotype.....I am one of them.

Would his paternal clades be mostly African or "Eurasian"?
I dont know. He would have to get tested and see the results.
He could be a South Indian working in Egypt.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Concerned member of public
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cass/:
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
I learned my lesson well.
I will not play the mod role.
But if you ship this old
Sephardi pirate a case
of Smith & Cross and
a box of Arturo Fuentes
well I'd gladly delete a
whole thread for you.

thanks, but If you could clear your inbox so I can send you a message to show.
"Sorry, that member's private message mailbox is currently full. Please try sending your private message another time."

Can you clear it yet? [Confused] its about some deletion of some spam threads, it wont' take long.

Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R u deaf?

quote:
quote:
@ Tuk, can you please clear your PM so I can send you a message/mod request?

I learned my lesson well.
I will not play the mod role.
But if you ship this old
Sephardi pirate a case
of Smith & Cross and
a box of Arturo Fuentes
well I'd gladly delete a
whole thread for you.

-

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to overthrow the white man you have to oool together like minded people, so either all brown skinned people are black or all black skinned people are brown.

After this is decided the revolution can proceed.

The problem is whose side will the East Asians take and if they side with the dark skinned people will they share the power or will they try to dominate?

Also who owns Big Black Dick rum? I noticed it is made in the Cayman Islands

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Wow. Just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9JrtB2OJoI

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shuckin n jivin around?
Time you got down to

For the 7th time already step up and present your
Nea Nikomedeia / prehistoric Egypt hypothesis.

C'mon now don't be scaarred.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

We've been told westerners religiously stick to the dictionary's pigmentation-based use of 'black' in real life. Right. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

People are being disingenuous
 -

Hope that refreshes your memory Fourty2Tribes. [Wink]

My full quote was in reference to the hypocrisy of Marry Lefkowitz's  use of the one drop rule. Genetically one drop by America's definition of race is 6%. For her or anyone to say that you need the one drop rule for ancient Egyptians is so nonsensical that I will dismiss them as racist until proven otherwise.

quote:

And BTW, I agree with your pre-Abusir statement that these so-called "exclusively skin pigmentation" people are "disingenuous", if we want to put it politely. But you seem to have done quite the flip flop post Abusir.

How much 'black' do the Abusir mummies have, Fourty2Tribes? See how you've set yourself up using your own terminology?

You can't walk around with your pants down like this and claim people who say AE weren't black in this sense are necessarily racist.

Based on the Fayum portraits Id say the Abusir mummies are yesteryears Puerto Ricans with a minority who are black by the majority of their genetics being SSA but all of them are one drop black. If Marry Lefkowitz was talking about them and not ancient Egypt in general I would be ok with such a statement.

Personally, I consider race to be 100% opinion so I don't really argue it until people bring up modern definitions.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
The point is, you clearly subscribed to a definition of 'black' that is divorced from skin pigmentation and centered on a certain type of ancestry. So much so that you called the 'pigmentation only' crowd "disingenuous".

1) So how can you establish that someone is racist for disqualifying people from this category based on your own criteria?

2) In your view, how 'black' are the recently sampled Natufians and Abusir samples in this sense (in percentages)?

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Shuckin n jivin around?
Time you got down to

For the 7th time already step up and present your
Nea Nikomedeia / prehistoric Egypt hypothesis.

C'mon now don't be scaarred.

Who are you speaking to?
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The point is, you clearly subscribed to a definition of 'black' that is divorced from skin pigmentation and centered on a certain type of ancestry. So much so that you called the 'pigmentation only' crowd "disingenuous".

Indeed I do. My definition of black is whatever helps deal with white supremacy, genes and skin color be damn. I call people disingenuous when they have double standards for state and nation's definitions of black ie Charles Barkley and ancient Egypt. Or if they have double standards for their personal life.

For example, a lot of these alt-righters would and have argued that Egyptians were caucasians or not black but let people who depict themselves as
 -
move into their neighborhood.

quote:

1) So how can you establish that someone is racist for disqualifying people from this category based on your own criteria?

2) How 'black' are the recently sampled Natufians and Abusir samples in this sense (in percentages)? [/qb]

Its not based on my criteria. Its based on state and nation. If someone says that race is a social construct then I ask them who should play ancient Egyptians in a movie. Who looks like them?

2) Do we have more than just haplogroups on the Natufian and Abusir samples?

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mod is useless. If anyone is wondering does an admin still visit this site? Answer is yes. I was the Donald Dump troll account last year. The purpose of that account was to see if an admin would ban me. The whole account was deleted, with an "account disabled" message that comes up if I try to log on. The mod doesn't have banning power as far as I am aware, only admin. So it must have been the admin. Basically I was making regular posters from this forum leave by spamming huge desktop images in threads so no one could read them, nor visitors (random browsers). This made the website traffic and posts of users sharply decrease, over about a 4-week period. Goes to show the admins are only after $$$ generated by forum activity & clicks.
Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
^ We BEEN known that like 5/6 years ago. LOL
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Mod is useless. If anyone is wondering does an admin still visit this site? Answer is yes. I was the Donald Dump troll account last year. The purpose of that account was to see if an admin would ban me. The whole account was deleted, with an "account disabled" message that comes up if I try to log on. The mod doesn't have banning power as far as I am aware, only admin. So it must have been the admin. Basically I was making regular posters from this forum leave by spamming huge desktop images in threads so no one could read them, nor visitors (random browsers). This made the website traffic and posts of users sharply decrease, over about a 4-week period. Goes to show the admins are only after $$$ generated by forum activity & clicks.

I thought the user name that did that was White Nubian

what was your motive in doing this?

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Offtopic, but I think this is quite important: moderator should hand over his account/power to someone else. If I'm not mistaken account sign-up works again (it didn't for like 4 years, probably disabled because of Carlos Coke's shenanigans); the user Capra signed up here very recently - proving new people can register this year. So if current mod still wants to post he can simply create a new account. The question is who should the moderator power be give to... I would vote for Lioness for three reasons: (a) they are mostly active [the mod needs to be online at least to check things daily, the current mod sucks at this], and (b) the Lioness shows progression in his/her posts, they've obviously learnt over time. Like 5 years ago they were a complete dumbass, now they're a lot smarter. This is a similar progression like myself: when I joined here I didn't even know things like natural selection, clines etc. (3) Finally Lioness doesn't fall inside either the 'Eurocentric' [rather Hamitic] or Afrocentric crowds. Anyway, that's my 2¢.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
If there was ever a fleeting thought in a moderator's mind that maybe I should be moderator your endorsement hurts that prospect rather than helps. You just admitted to attacking the forum for a month and are not explaining the motive or the fact that no one recalls this name you mentioned Donald Dump

The whole attack that occurred demonstrated the significant technical limitations of the moderator controls making the position less appealing than one typical forums.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definitely take up being mod. IMO I'm very objective and have ZERO personal vendettas against anyone. Even if I disagree with their personal viewpoints.

Edit: Also I'm ALREADY mod of another site. So I have more experience being a mod than most on here...

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:
I would definitely take up being mod. IMO I'm very objective and have ZERO personal vendettas against anyone. Even if I disagree with their personal viewpoints.

Edit: Also I'm ALREADY mod of another site. So I have more experience being a mod than most on here...

would you have any rules as moderator?
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Of course. However they would be fair and simple.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
ancient Egyptians can be partially modeled as Angel's Anatolian and Greek samples

[white racist insult to DougM who disagrees as an ape having a fit deleted].

There, I said it. Ancient Egyptians can be modeled as partly consisting of Angel's Nea Nikomedeian sample. ?

For the 8th time already step up and present your
Nea Nikomedeia / prehistoric Egypt hypothesis

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Ish Gebor ^ That guy is "Black" The images on the wall are "Black". If that is what we are talking about then the discussion is over.

If we are talking about biological affinity its a totally different ballgame. It seems like with some folks Biological affinity overrides phenotype.....I am one of them.

Yes, the people on that wall is what we consider black. And the people who live in that region also consider themselves black. But if we have to believe Ptolemy these people didn't exist in that region.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
@Akachi. Here is your problem to solve. Egyptian Nubians show DISCONTINUITY with Sudanese Nubians in regards to E-M2.

Sudanese by and large in nearly all contemporary studies show discontinuity with Egyptians as far as E-M2, A3b2, B2a, E-V32, V-65, M128,

You can go ahead and play the Euroclown role and say Egyptian Nubians are recent migrants from Sudan if you want but we know that the area where hey live has always been differentiated. They are not new migrants to the region.

You are arguing these populations come from Sudan based on a lineage that is not at all found in Sudan!

That's interesting.

When you say discontinued, do you mean in gradient level?

quote:
These type of population movements, or demic expansions, driven by climatic change and/or spread of pastoralism and to some extent agriculture,51–54 are not uncommon in human history. This scenario is more substantiated by the refining of the E-P2 (Trombetta et al35) and its two basal clades E-M2 and E-M329, which are believed to be prevalent exclusively in Western Africa and Eastern Africa, respectively.
—Rosaria Scozzari

An unbiased resource of novel SNP markers provides a new chronology for the human Y chromosome
and reveals a deep phylogenetic structure in Africa

quote:
E-M78 represents 74.5% of haplogroup E, the highest frequencies observed in Masalit and Fur populations. E-M33 (5.2%) is largely confined to Fulani and Hausa, whereas E-M2 is re- stricted to Hausa.
—Eyoab I Gebremeskel

Y-chromosome E haplogroups: their distribution and implication to the origin of Afro-Asiatic languages and pastoralism

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

Yes, the people on that wall is what we consider black. And the people who live in that region also consider themselves black. But if we have to believe Ptolemy these people didn't exist in that region.
Can you cite where Ptolemy says this?
Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
What type of E-M2 in the Sudan?
I didnt want to sound too ignant so I didn't say anything... cant we just google E-M2 and see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-V38
Incidence of E-V38
Sudanese 12.5% (4/32) [24]
From a 2008 study.
E-M2 is typically 2-5% in modern Egypt and 500 years ago...
 -

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^They are probably West/Central African immigrants (e.g. Hausa).
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We have at least half a dozen tribes that migrated into Sudan from West Africa around the 18th century. The Baggara tribes and the Falata are such tribes.
Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
So E-M2 is no longer thought to be a left over from the Green Sahara?
Tukuler
Member # 19944

For the 9th time already step up and present your

quote:

ancient Egyptians can be partially modeled as Angel's Anatolian and Greek samples

[white racist insult to DougM who disagrees as an ape having a fit deleted].

There, I said it. Ancient Egyptians can be modeled as partly consisting of Angel's Nea Nikomedeian sample. ?

That's what you say but Angel said

quote:

J.Lawrence Angel (1969)
Biological relations of Egyptian and eastern Mediterranean populations during Pre-dynastic and Dynastic times☆
Division of Physical Anthropology Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C. 20560, U.S.A.

Abstract

During the migrations and population increases and decline in health accompanying Eighth-Sixth millennia B.C. farming revolution spread of the new mutant falciparum malaria from Greece and Italy crossed the flow of genes from Africa northward, as indicated by porotic hyperostosis increase (abnormal hemoglobins and anemia) and Negroid traits (nose breadth, prognathism). Disease selection shaped slightly Negroid and paedomorphic Dynastic Upper Egyptians. Lower Egyptians share Eastern Mediterranean traits and population growth and communication steadily lessens contrast between groups down to the XXX Dynasty.

So you got more than Angel.
Don't be stingy share the loot.

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:

Not at no 10%, especially before the Sudan split.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
@Fourty2Tribes

I don't understand how your answer relates to what I said, but maybe it's just me. Let me rephrase. Is it racist to say AE weren't black by this standard and the ancestry you refer to here, yes or no:

quote:

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

10% is a ratio and meaningless in terms of the actual numbers that are implied. Do you know what the numbers you posted earlier (the ones in parenthesis) mean? They mean that you're only talking about 4 Sudanese E-M2 carriers:

quote:
Sudanese 12.5% . (4/32)

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Here's to a boy what shoots his mouth off,
cowardly hides behind indirect innuendo,
shits on everything our previous generations
left for us to build on, denies racism but
taunts blacks with "wacist" and "chimp out"
the same white racialist do, wraps up the
Hamitic Hypothesis, caucasoid north and
east Africa, and Hamiticism into a 21st
century genetics package then confuses
the unwary with metric trees, doesn't
fully cite any data he presents from
papers and rages against so-called
agenda driven folks and what not while
boldly proclaiming his faith and agenda:
self appointed MythBuster (what arrogance)
BUT won't man up and demonstrate
the least piece of backup for a tiny
Macedonian village seeding ancient
Egypt like he claims they definitely did.

For the 10th time now step up and present your

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but that's just the Hausa sample from that study. The other 413 Sudanese men have zero E-M2.
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
To be clear, I'm not denying that E-M2 was in the Sahara. But the claim is that haplotype IV in Lucotte's modern Egyptian samples represents a relic of such early holocene E-M2. This assumes all haplotype IV is even E-M2, which no one knows; see the assumption-ridden Lucotte report. Given the fact that substantial African ancestry in Egyptians doesn't seem to have survived beyond TIP in at least some locations (Abusir mummies), and the post-Roman increase of African ancestry, the mere fact of finding African ancestry in Egyptians doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that it's old.
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by capra:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but that's just the Hausa sample from that study. The other 413 Sudanese men have zero E-M2.
Capra do you know the original location or birthplace of the Hausa Tribe/Ethnicity? Not a rhetorical question at all, I'm legit asking.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don't.
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
@Fourty2Tribes

I don't understand how your answer relates to what I said, but maybe it's just me. Let me rephrase. Is it racist to say AE weren't black by this standard and the ancestry you refer to here, yes or no:

quote:

I assume that anyone saying you need one drop rules to call ancient Egyptians black are on a cognitive dissonance stunt. I'm hesitant to use ignorance as an excuse especially for someone like Marry Leftkowitz. Barkley's genetics are mostly in reference to his skin color. There are people who play the color game too who will say that ancient Egyptians aren't dark enough to be considered black. Cass rides that fence. The only people who question someone like Barkley's race are African Americans trying to adjust one drop standards ie restructure the race. Show me some white folks who would argue that Barkley is too light to be black. So hold North Africans to the same standard as African Americans.
quote:
10% is a ratio and meaningless in terms of the actual numbers that are implied. Do you know what the numbers you posted earlier (the ones in parenthesis) mean? They mean that you're only talking about 4 Sudanese E-M2 carriers:

quote:
Sudanese 12.5% . (4/32)

Yeah yeah los sample sizeos. So what do you think the real number is? I'm saying that if its close to 10%, it aint west African immigrants or Turk slaves.
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
quote:
papers and rages against agenda
driven posts and what not while boldly
declaring his faith and agenda as
MythBuster (what arrogance)
the least piece of backup for the tiny
Macedonian village he claims seeded
ancient Egypt.

I think he's working still with a Saharan [North African] model opposed to Hamiticism; Basal Eurasian % in EEF's is fairly high, so he's arguing Early Neolithic Anatolians & Aegeans show pre-Dynastic/Early Dynastic Egyptian metric craniofacial ties (Brace et al. 1993? I forgot the samples.) So Basal Eurasian = Saharan. I dispute this since I think EEF is Arabian hunter gatherer. As far as I am aware no one has made the Saharan claim in a paper/study. So credit to him for coming up with a hypothesis not yet proposed if its plausible.
Tukuler
Member # 19944

What are you his paid agent or some snot?
Shut up and let the man speak for himself.

But as for what you propose sure ssome
BAs were in the Arabian Peninsula just
as some were in Northeastern Africa.
I see the two as an either side of Great
Rift Valley region.

AFAICMO, Laz's Basal Eurasian would
be people's between the supposed first
successful Hss leaving Northeastern
Africa and the ancestors of Mesolithic
Iranians and or Natufians.

I agree with the opinion there were plenty
other human species that early Hss met
mingled and mated with -- the lonely and
unattractive likely did it the most. Not to
say some didn't find the different skull
shape and facial features attractive or
a fetishers wet dream. Then some males
only cared if 'the monkey got tits' or 'look
at the monkey, dat asz'.

Coz I mean let's face it, gene flow means fucking.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
I assume that anyone saying you need one drop rules to call ancient Egyptians black are on a cognitive dissonance stunt.

Well, under the one drop rule the AE may be more African than they are under your criteria. Under the one drop role they're at least unquestionably 'black' (using that weird logic). Under your standards, they're only as black as they fit your own description of the term. According to you Charles Barkley is 75% 'black' and 'black' is that 75% in him. If you apply this thinking to a lot of African(-derived) populations (e.g. Natufians, Abusir, who no doubt have ancient Egyptian ancestry) you will severely underestimate their African ancestry.

Upper Palaeolithic OOA populations only ~0-10% 'black'? C'mon bro. Own up to the consequences of the terminology you use. People who deny AE are 'black' using your standards are still using your standards. Just because they come to an undesired and inconvenient conclusion it doesn't mean they're not using the same standards.

-

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
papers and rages against agenda
driven posts and what not while boldly
declaring his faith and agenda as
MythBuster (what arrogance)
the least piece of backup for the tiny
Macedonian village he claims seeded
ancient Egypt.

I think he's working still with a Saharan [North African] model opposed to Hamiticism; Basal Eurasian % in EEF's is fairly high, so he's arguing Early Neolithic Anatolians & Aegeans show pre-Dynastic/Early Dynastic Egyptian metric craniofacial ties (Brace et al. 1993? I forgot the samples.) So Basal Eurasian = Saharan. I dispute this since I think EEF is Arabian hunter gatherer. As far as I am aware no one has made the Saharan claim in a paper/study. So credit to him for coming up with a hypothesis not yet proposed if its plausible.
nahtahtah
bwoii I think u made a typo.
For your sake I hope that is a typo.
And btw EEF isn't ambiguous or mysterious anymore, we know wtf an EEF is and that second E, (or first depending on the user lol) belongs its ass right up in there ...EEF.

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
quote:
Show me some white folks who would argue that Barkley is too light to be black. So hold North Africans to the same standard as African Americans.

Barkley is #27 on the Luschan Scale. Unambiguous black is #29-36, so he's pretty close. Few people would disagree his skin colour is black, but some ambiguity still exists. Do you know about fuzzy sets? The problem is when you run into mid # 20s like Obama. Its then a case of maximum ambiguity (again, look up fuzzy logic). Are the Basters of South Africa black? They're the same pigmentation as Obama.

https://afrikanerway.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/basters.jpg

There wouldn't be much a problem if Afrocentrists just argued the low ambiguity cases like Barkley are black. But they're arguing for maximum ambiguity and I've seen bizarre posts where light brown shades are described as 'black'. Anyway, that's probably the last I will discuss this its quite boring and as others pointed out skin colour is irrelevant to phylogeny (because of convergent evolution.)

Genetic Evidence for the Convergent Evolution of Light Skin in Europeans and East Asians
https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/24/3/710/1240790/Genetic-Evidence-for-the-Convergent-Evolution-of

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
nahtahtah
bwoii I think u made a typo.
For your sake I hope that is a typo.
And btw EEF isn't ambiguous or mysterious anymore, we know wtf an EEF is and that second E, (or first depending on the user lol) belongs its ass right up in there ...EEF. [/QB]

Yes, its a typo. Take into account I'm new to this ancient DNA stuff (like 4 months). I had to even google these terms like Basal Eurasian etc.  -
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
quote:
Yes, its a typo. Take into account I'm new to this ancient DNA stuff (like 4 months). I had to even google these terms like Basal Eurasian etc.  -

Iight Cool, while you're in your rational state, run that back in context with everything you've seen and have been reading in these Abusir mummy threads... sh!t's mind-blowing, so to speak.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
quote:
Originally posted by capra:
quote:
quote:

Capra do you know the original location or birthplace of the Hausa Tribe/Ethnicity? Not a rhetorical question at all, I'm legit asking.
Hausa are intermediate to Fulani and Tuareg, mostly live South of the Sahara. Some claim origin in East Africa.

The kidnapped girls from Nigeria was done by Hausas.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

Can you cite where Ptolemy says this?
It was posted a few pages back. It's linked here.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009626;p=19#000924

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Show me some white folks who would argue that Barkley is too light to be black. So hold North Africans to the same standard as African Americans.

Barkley is #27 on the Luschan Scale. Unambiguous black is #29-36, so he's pretty close. Few people would disagree his skin colour is black, but some ambiguity still exists. Do you know about fuzzy sets? The problem is when you run into mid # 20s like Obama. Its then a case of maximum ambiguity (again, look up fuzzy logic). Are the Basters of South Africa black? They're the same pigmentation as Obama.

https://afrikanerway.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/basters.jpg

There wouldn't be much a problem if Afrocentrists just argued the low ambiguity cases like Barkley are black. But they're arguing for maximum ambiguity and I've seen bizarre posts where light brown shades are described as 'black'. Anyway, that's probably the last I will discuss this its quite boring and as others pointed out skin colour is irrelevant to phylogeny (because of convergent evolution.)

Genetic Evidence for the Convergent Evolution of Light Skin in Europeans and East Asians
https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/24/3/710/1240790/Genetic-Evidence-for-the-Convergent-Evolution-of

It get's comical when euroloons think they have any say in who's black / African American. Then have the nerve and even audacity to call this a problem. I can tell you, there is no problem, but for your own.

-

-

-

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com