EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egyptian DNA from 1300BC to 426 AD (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Ancient Egyptian DNA from 1300BC to 426 AD
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
@Akachi. Here is your problem to solve. Egyptian Nubians show DISCONTINUITY with Sudanese Nubians in regards to E-M2.

Sudanese by and large in nearly all contemporary studies show discontinuity with Egyptians as far as E-M2, A3b2, B2a, E-V32, V-65, M128,

You can go ahead and play the Euroclown role and say Egyptian Nubians are recent migrants from Sudan if you want but we know that the area where hey live has always been differentiated. They are not new migrants to the region.

You are arguing these populations come from Sudan based on a lineage that is not at all found in Sudan!

That's interesting.

When you say discontinued, do you mean in gradient level?

Data shows that Egyptians have SOME...and Sudanese have NONE. You should be fimiliar with these studies by now.
They have none probably for the same reasons why the have little to no E-M81 which exists in Egypt.

Akachi is falling back an old Eurocentric talking point to prove a point : This is arguing that Nubians in Egypt are "New" migrants from Sudan. Euroclowns do this to argue that Nubians (Black People) are new to Egypt and all Black people you see in the southern region are Nubian newcomers or admixed with them. Next week he will be on Topix.com arguing the opposite, that Nubians are Native to Egypt and always been there. He flip flops like that. He the type to criticize a member for posting Metallica lyrics meanwhile be on Facebook talking about how Black folks invented Rock and Metal. Be shouting 'We was Kings' a la DNA Tribes while at the time talking about we was Hebrews and wasnt African at all. SMH.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The kidnapped girls from Nigeria was done by Hausas. [/QB]

Uhm, I thought Boko Haram is predominantly Kanuri?
Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us put this to bed finally

-----------------
Histologic findings in mummified skin - Thomas A. Chapel, M.D., Amir H. Mehregan, M.D., and
Theodore A. Reyman, M.D.
Detroit, MJ

Skin specimens from five mummies were examined histologically. The specimens ranged in age from 2,000 to 3,200 years . Material from two mummies had carbonized and showed only amorphous debris. The histology of the three remaining skin fragments retained surprising histologic architectural detail. One specimen obtained from the sole of the foot was compatible with a callus.

(J AM ACAD
DERMATOL 4:27-30 , 1981.)

Determination of optimal rehydration, fixation and staining methods for histological and
immunohistochemical analysis of mummified soft tissues A-M Mekota1, M Vermehren2

Department of Biology I, Biodiversity Research/Anthropology1and Department of Veterinary Anatomy II2,
Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich, Germany

Submitted January 8, 2002; revised May 4, 2004; accepted August 12, 2004

Abstract
During an excavation headed by the German Institute for Archaeology, Cairo, at the tombs of the nobles in Thebes-West, Upper Egypt, three types of tissues from different mummies were sampled to compare 13 well known rehydration methods for mummified tissue with three newly developed methods. Furthermore, three fixatives were tested with each of the rehydration fluids. Meniscus (fibrocartilage), skin, and a placenta were used for this study. The rehydration and fixation procedures were uniform for all methods. The stains used were standard hematoxylin and eosin, elastica van Gieson, periodic acid-Schiff, and Grocott, and five commercially obtained immunohistochemical stains including pancytokeratin, vimentin, alpha-smooth-muscle-actin, basement membrane collagen type IV, and S-100 protein. The sections were examined by transmitted light microscopy. Our study showed that preservation of the tissue is dependent on the quality and effectiveness of the combination of the rehydration and fixation solutions, and that the quality of the histological and histochemical stains is dependent on the tissue quality. In addition, preservation of the antigens in the tissues is dependent on tissue quality, and fungal permeation had no influence on the tissue.
Finally, the results are tissue specific. For placenta the best solution combination was Sandison and solution III (both fixed with formaldehyde) while results for skin were best with Ruffer I (using formaldehyde and Schaffer as fixatives), Grupe et al. (using formaldehyde as a fixative) and solution III (in combination with formaldehyde and Bouin fixatives). Ruffer II (using formaldehyde as a fixative) and solution III (in combination with Schaffer fixative) gave the best results for fibrocartilage

Egyptian mummies were prepared by chemical dehydration, and the skin was covered with plant resin or mineral pitch prior to elaborate wrapping. Despite these factors, many areas of the skin of these mummies have been well preserved. The dehydration procedures and the passage of
centuries have made the skin hard, brittle, and virtually water-free. However, following rehydration
and histologic processing, surprising morphologic detail often remains . This report describes the histologic findings of skin fragments from five Egyptian mummies, although experience of one of us (T. A . R.) suggests that the changes in the Aleutian and North and South American mummies are similar.

=====

The specimens ranged in age from 2 ,000 to 3,200 years . The first four specimens were random skin sections, while the one from the Royal Ontario Museum mummy consisted of one of two contiguous papules, 0.3 to 0.5 em, from the sole of the right foot in the area of the second and third metatarsal heads

=====
Fig. 1. Tissue from the nape of the neck shows a ****DEEPLY*** pigmented epidermis. Occasional clear cells (arrow) are recognized at the dermoepidermal junction. In the papillary connective tissue are nuclei of fibroblasts. (Hematoxylin-eosin stain; X60.)

=====

Fig. 2. In the deep dermis is an acutely curved hair follicle suggesting formation of a KINKY HAIR SHAFT. (Hematoxylin-eosin stain; x60.)

djoser-xyyman
Nomarch

1. 1.Cockburn, TA, Barraco, RA, Reyman, TA, Peck, WH. Autopsy of an Egyptian mummy. Science. 1975;187:1155–1160.
o CrossRef
o | PubMed
o | Scopus (6)
2. 2.Autopsy of an Egyptian mummy (NAKHT-ROMI). Can Med Assoc J. 1977;117:1–10.
3. 3.Sandison, AT. The histological examination of mummified material. Stain Technol. 1955;30:277–283.
o PubMed
4. 4.Pinkus, H, Mehregan, AH. in: A guide to dermatohistopathology. ed. 2. Appleton-Century-Crofts, New York; 1976:68–72.
5. 5.Giacometti, L, Chiarelli, B. The skin of Egyptian mummies. A study in survival. Arch Dermatoi. 1968;97:713–716.
6. 6.Reyman, TA, Barraco, RA, Cockburn, A. Histopathological examination of an Egyptian mummy. Bull NY Acad Med. 1976;52:506–516.
o PubMed
7. 7.Zimmerman, MR, Clark, WH. A possible case of subcorneal pustular dermatosis in an Egyptian mummy. Arch Dermatol. 1976;112:204–205.
o CrossRef
o | PubMed
o | Scopus (7)
8. 8.Post, PW, Daniels, F. Histological and histochemical examination of American Indian scalps, mummies, and a shrunken head. Am J Phys Anthropol. 1969;30:269–294.
o CrossRef
o | PubMed
9. 9.Barraco, RA, Reyman, TA, Cockburn, TA. Paleobiochemical analysis of an Egyptian mummy. J Hum Evol. 1977;6:533–546.
o CrossRef
o | Scopus (5)

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/2089/ancient-egyptian-black-skin?page=1#ixzz4hMIXWMLG

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black skin and kinky hair doesn't say much. It doesn't matter if they carry "Eurasian" genealogy. It is part of African diversity. YRI carry "Eurasian" ancestry. EVERYONE does!!

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
I assume that anyone saying you need one drop rules to call ancient Egyptians black are on a cognitive dissonance stunt.

Well, under the one drop rule the AE may be more African than they are under your criteria. Under the one drop role they're at least unquestionably 'black' (using that weird logic). Under your standards, they're only as black as they fit your own description of the term. According to you Charles Barkley is 75% 'black' and 'black' is that 75% in him. If you apply this thinking to a lot of African(-derived) populations (e.g. Natufians, Abusir, who no doubt have ancient Egyptian ancestry) you will severely underestimate their African ancestry.
Again, none of this is mine. My definition of race is that it is 100% opinion and my opinion is that the definition should be a tool to gain power regardless of genetics, facial features or skin color. If black horses, Olmecs, Berbers Irish or Indians produce black power then they are black in my opinion.

The reference was to Leftkowtiz's and other people's hypocrisy. Barkley's skin color, genetics and Marry Leftkowitz's one drop reference are all state, nation, genetic and forensic definitions of race that people pretend accept on one context then deny in another.

To put it simple. 'One drop' was a law that penetrated and permeated in the culture.
SSA ancestry can ID someone in court.
Its hypocritical to reference the one drop 1/16 rule when you know there are people who are like 75-99% SSA with lighter skin than the typical image of an ancient Egyptian. These rules, these populations like SSA, black and one drop are the creations of white people so for them to then play stupid and act like Egyptians were too brown to be black when there are plenty examples of people who by those same rules are heavy SSA and just as brown, I accept that as cognitive dissonant front for their racism. Marry Leftkowitz is not stupid and neither are people who make that argument. So I don't try to break it down I just accept it as racism.

quote:

Upper Palaeolithic OOA populations only ~0-10% 'black'? C'mon bro. Own up to the consequences of the terminology you use. People who deny AE are 'black' using your standards are still using your standards. Just because they come to an undesired and inconvenient conclusion it doesn't mean they're not using the same standards.

-

Its not my terminology and I was not talking about Upper Palaeolithics. I was talking about ancient Egyptians.

I personally don't buy into this stuff. Clyde is right to some extent. We can see how Net Geo defines North African. Some of this is subjective however I don't deny the obvious. The black race creation tends to have lots of SSA and...

Plug the alleles from all royals taken so far into http://cracs.fc.up.pt/popaffiliator/index.php and see what you get. People who are 60-90% SSA. More than Barkley.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cass/:
quote:
Show me some white folks who would argue that Barkley is too light to be black. So hold North Africans to the same standard as African Americans.

Barkley is #27 on the Luschan Scale. Unambiguous black is #29-36, so he's pretty close. Few people would disagree his skin colour is black, but some ambiguity still exists. Do you know about fuzzy sets? The problem is when you run into mid # 20s like Obama. Its then a case of maximum ambiguity (again, look up fuzzy logic). Are the Basters of South Africa black? They're the same pigmentation as Obama.

https://afrikanerway.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/basters.jpg

There wouldn't be much a problem if Afrocentrists just argued the low ambiguity cases like Barkley are black. But they're arguing for maximum ambiguity and I've seen bizarre posts where light brown shades are described as 'black'. Anyway, that's probably the last I will discuss this its quite boring and as others pointed out skin colour is irrelevant to phylogeny (because of convergent evolution.)

Genetic Evidence for the Convergent Evolution of Light Skin in Europeans and East Asians
https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/24/3/710/1240790/Genetic-Evidence-for-the-Convergent-Evolution-of

This dude is 99% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8mG5SVDePE

-

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Again, none of this is mine.

Then help me understand. Because your views are well-documented. You anticipated AE to have frequent steatopygia, strong prognathism, flat noses, wide noses, afro textured hair, etc. Those are your views, correct? What I'm saying is, by those standards, someone can come to the conclusion that the AE don't and/or mildly fit those criteria (depending on the sample and the variable I just mentioned).

quote:
Besides. Plug the alleles from all royals taken so far into http://cracs.fc.up.pt/popaffiliator/index.php and see what you get. People who are 60-90% SSA. More than Barkley.

I already did. Now set the population option to 5, instead of 3, and see if you get the same results. (You won't get the same results, because you only got them because North Africa was excluded). Be sure to post the results here so people can hear it from someone else instead of me, for once.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
New Kingdom African Kings
--
Mekota et al 2002

Materials and methods
In 1997, the German Institute for Archaeology headed an excavation of the tombs of the NOBLES in Thebes-West, Upper Egypt. At this time, three
types of tissues were sampled from different mummies: meniscus (fibrocartilage), skin, and placenta. Archaeological findings suggest that the
mummies dated from the New Kingdom (approximately 1550 /1080 BC).

Skin
Skin sections showed particularly good tissue preservation, although cellular outlines were never distinct. Although much of the epidermis had
already separated from the dermis, the remaining epidermis often was preserved well (Fig. 1). The basal epithelial cells were packed with
melanin as expected for specimens of Negroid origin
. In the dermis, the hair follicles, hair, and sebaceous and sweat glands were readily apparent
(Fig. 2). Blood vessels, but no red blood cells, and small peripheral nerves were identified unambiguously (Fig. 3). The subcutaneous layer
showed loose connective tissue fibers attached to the dermis, and fat cell remnants were observed. To evaluate the influence of postmortum tissue
decay by micro-organisms, the samples were tested for the presence of fungi using silver

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Histologic findings in mummified skin - Thomas A

This report describes the histologic findings of
skin fragments from five Egyptian mummies

and one from the Royal
Ontario Museum ," Toronto, Ontario, were examined.
The specimens ranged in age from 2 ,000 to 3,200
years . The first four specimens were random skin sections

histology of the three remaining skin fragments
retained surprising histologic architectural detail.
Tissue from the nape of the neck of a particularly
well-preserved mummy from the Detroit Institute
of Arts showed deep pigmentation of the
basal layer (Fig. 1). The horny layer was thick and
orthokeratotic. A number of melanocytes (clear
cells) were recognized at the dermoepidermal
junction, and cell nuclei were

No sebaceous glands were demonstrated,
but there were several hair follicles. One
follicle contained a deeply pigmented, medullated
hair shaft with a curved hair matrix (Fig. 2).
A specimen from the leg of another mummy

wall of keratinocytes was well preserved, and a number of longitudinally sectioned sweat ducts
were present. There were also cross sections of
eccrine sweat ducts with deeply stained membranes
(Fig. 4) .

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you get it?
The only mummies or mummy study that counts is
• the Abusir heads from the last quarter of Kemet history
most of which are after the Persians put an end to native
political rule or domination over the Nile Valley forever
• Schuenemann's "in press" paper's slideshow leaks
presented at two conferences this spring.

But it's not faith based to throw away all previous
report results because now we have Horemheb
Arrow99 Hammer European farmer people are
the AEs and started AE civ thrown at us by
true negro geno-hamiticists.

Get it
got it
wink
wink

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
Nobody said Jesus was blonde and we know

Tut's ancestors were european farmers.

If I operated like Djehuti I would just ASSUME Jesus was blonde.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
There is no genetic proof of foreigners in Egypt unless these foreigners were also Africanized people. R1b-M269 is non-existent in Extant Egyptians as well as mtDNA H1 and H3. yDNA J2 is a possibility but that may be refecltive of Ottoman Turk since the same pattern of J2 is seen in the cities of North Africa and NOT outside the cities.

----
Histologic findings in mummified skin - Thomas A

This report describes the histologic findings of
skin fragments from five Egyptian mummies

and one from the Royal
Ontario Museum ," Toronto, Ontario, were examined.
The specimens ranged in age from 2 ,000 to 3,200
years . The first four specimens were random skin sections

histology of the three remaining skin fragments
retained surprising histologic architectural detail.
Tissue from the nape of the neck of a particularly
well-preserved mummy from the Detroit Institute
of Arts showed deep pigmentation of the
basal layer
(Fig. 1).

Fig. 1. Tissue from the nape of the neck shows a ****DEEPLY*** pigmented epidermis. Occasional clear cells (arrow) are recognized at the dermoepidermal junction. In the papillary connective tissue are nuclei of fibroblasts. (Hematoxylin-eosin stain; X60.)

=====

Fig. 2. In the deep dermis is an acutely curved hair follicle suggesting formation of a KINKY HAIR SHAFT. (Hematoxylin-eosin stain; x60.)

--------------------

Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku: @Akachi. Here is your problem to solve. Egyptian Nubians show DISCONTINUITY with Sudanese Nubians in regards to E-M2.

Sudanese by and large in nearly all contemporary studies show discontinuity with Egyptians as far as E-M2, A3b2, B2a, E-V32, V-65, M128,

You can go ahead and play the Euroclown role and say Egyptian Nubians are recent migrants from Sudan if you want but we know that the area where hey live has always been differentiated. They are not new migrants to the region.

You are arguing these populations come from Sudan based on a lineage that is not at all found in Sudan!

That's interesting.

When you say discontinued, do you mean in gradient level?

Data shows that Egyptians have SOME...and Sudanese have NONE.
Beyoku...this is getting sad. I've already address your NONSENSE..

quote:
Beyoku...stop it! As we have noted earlier, you're playing technical games with that "Native" Sudanese ****. The sample from the study cited was from the known Nubian territory on the border of Sudan and Egypt.

-
 -

^^^ I don't have TIME...for those types of semantics Beyoku. That bullshit is what you MUST resort to try to derail my narrative (you've been here for a DECADE and don't have narrative..something is fishy with that) shows how weak your crux is.

We all know that the bio-cultrual affinities of the Nubian population in that particular region of Upper Egypt to northern Sudan form a genetic continuum that relates the populations irregardless of 140 year old political borders.

" Genetic continuum of the Nubians with their kin in southern Egypt is indicated by comparable frequencies of E-V12 the predominant M78 subclade among southern Egyptians." [Hassan et al. Y-chromosome variation.." Am J. Phy Anthro. v137,3. 316-323 Read more:

Therefore there is no reason to believe that the noted frequency of M2 lineage (around 1/3) seen in those southern "Egypto"-Nubians is different than those in the adjacent northern Sudanese Nubians.

From a common sense prospective lets skip Sudan and YOU explain WHY the Hell is the M2 lineage is in the "creme of the crop" of the Nile which is Egypt (said by SOY to have been present in the region since the early Holocene). If you're going to try to derail the Sudanese origin of the population then you have to have an alternative as to explain how the Hell did the M2 lineage and Sickle Cell carrying Negroid populations came into Pre-Dynastic-Dynastic Kemet. you need to explain what migration from what other regios brought that E1b1a (and noted associated traits) that characterized Ramses III and the Amarna period pharaohs into the Nile Valley.

quote:
Akachi is falling back an old Eurocentric talking point to prove a point : This is arguing that Nubians in Egypt are "New" migrants from Sudan.
Beyoku...You need to show where I insinuated that bullshit at or stop lying.

quote:
Euroclowns do this to argue that Nubians (Black People) are new to Egypt and all Black people you see in the southern region are Nubian newcomers or admixed with them.
LIES.

quote:
Next week he will be on Topix.com arguing the opposite, that Nubians are Native to Egypt and always been there. He flip flops like that.
LIES. I've never had an account there (several other places, but not there).

quote:
He the type to criticize a member for posting Metallica lyrics meanwhile be on Facebook talking about how Black folks invented Rock and Metal.
Yes..That is due to the albinoid corruption of the music obviously! The music is shitty, because black people do not listen to that whack Caucasian redundant, rhythmless ****, and so it remains that way! Those types of melaninated people are lost! Caucasians know that and they attempt to make them the face for any issues that may come.

quote:
Be shouting 'We was Kings' a la DNA Tribes while at the time talking about we was Hebrews and wasnt African at all. SMH.

More needle dick lies to compensate for his LACK OF A NARRATIVE! Tukler.. he has been here for over a decade, and is unwilling to disclose his opinion on the origins of Niger-Congo speakers and their context throughout the African story. What is wrong with that man?!
Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There is no genetic proof of foreigners in Egypt unless these foreigners were also Africanized people."

How could someone say this with a straight face???

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ xyyman

Those aren't genetic data though. Mind you, I think it remains to be seen how representative the sampled mummies are of AE (although I expect there to be some foreigners and admixture in northern Egypt at that time and place). But skin pigmentation and hair texture are only part of the picture (if they're relevant at all) to biological affinities.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is testing actual M2 in actual Nubians the white man's devil science, but predicting it from some half-assed microsatellite data in Egyptians the melaninated truth? [Big Grin]
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannohotep:
@ xyyman

Those aren't genetic data though. Mind you, I think it remains to be seen how representative the sampled mummies are of AE (although I expect there to be some foreigners and admixture in northern Egypt at that time and place). But skin pigmentation and hair texture are only part of the picture (if they're relevant at all) to biological affinities.

They are relevant, people know how but won't come forward and say a thing... but to add on to this; Xyyman's studies aren't really much in context. The thing is, Xyyman has a hypothesis & He sticks to it with conviction. He has to say things like "There is no genetic proof of foreigners in Egypt unless these foreigners were also Africanized people." for his hypothesis to be admissible. He openly expresses what he feels happened in African --> European population history. No knock on him, he's straight forward and transparent. "Europeans are depigmented Africans" All of his statements will be in concordant to corroborating that claim.

He's probably (most likely) wrong
...Somehow he could be right,
to me it doesn't really matter, if I know where he's coming from. I can openly disagree knowing his agenda.

...With that being Said, Xyyman you really beleive this sample represents a native African sampleset w/ no OOA geneflow. Did you not read ishgebors/Tukulers/Jari's posts on the Abusir/Lower Egyptian demographic, or Djehutis quoted excerpt on the page before last? Like look at the MtDNA distribution.
 -
 -
Even if they're all found in African pops, how do you manage the likelyhood of all of them being found with the exception of the predominant L lineages that would be found in the respective African populations??

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:
"There is no genetic proof of foreigners in Egypt unless these foreigners were also Africanized people."

Beats the snot outta me?
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
Then help me understand. Because your views are well-documented. You anticipated AE to have frequent steatopygia, strong prognathism, flat noses, wide noses, afro textured hair, etc. Those are your views, correct?

I don't know about frequent steatopygia. I recall mentioning that all of those traits are found in predynastic art so I would expect that, however I would also expect people who look like hungarians dipped in different chocolates. I am familiar with Tukuler's reference to Chancellor Williams, the Destruction of Black Civilisation and the Narmer Palette. I defer to the abundance of the art with specific attention to honest/blind recreations, small painted models when paint is less of a finite commodity and shabti dolls where whole unbroken noses are common.

quote:

What I'm saying is, by those standards, someone can come to the conclusion that the AE don't and/or mildly fit those criteria (depending on the sample and the variable I just mentioned).

Frequent steatopygia, strong prognathism, flat noses, wide noses, afro textured hair lol is true negro. By my estimates its par for a diverse African/west Asian nation.

-

-

-

quote:
I already did. Now set the population option to 5, instead of 3, and see if you get the same results. (You won't get the same results, because you only got them because North Africa was excluded). Be sure to post the results here so people can hear it from someone else instead of me, for once.
Last I tried it wanted extra alleles for 5 pops and I was not ready to go down that rabbit hole. Maybe one day.
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Enter values that peak in Egypt , Sudan, Uganda or Senegal......don't matter.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannohotep:
@ xyyman

ancDNA papers are now reporting
• skin colour
• eye color
• hair color
routinely because of course they're relevant.

You're right about the hair.
Not a peep on texture.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
relevant to what?
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
relevant to what?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvaYv5upm34
Concerned member of public
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its bizarre why people here think the ancient Egyptians on average had those "broad" (i.e. "Negroid") features. They didn't. Read Baker (1974) for an accurate description of what typical dynastic Egyptians looked like:

quote:
In their monuments the dynastic Egyptians represented themselves as having a long face, pointed chin with scantly beard, a straight or somewhat aquiline nose, black irises, and a reddish-brown complexion. On the evidence of their mummies it would appear that the head-hair was curly, wavy, or almost straight, and very dark brown or black. Facial and body-hair was scantly apart from the chin tuft of males. The skeletons show that stature was low, and the bones are slight and suggest a rather feeble frame. The skulls stand near the dividing-line between meso-and dolicocranial, with bulging occiput; viewed from on top they appear coffin shaped or ovoid; supraciliary ridges are poorly developed or absent; the forehead is nearly vertical. The cheeks are narrow, the reliability of their images. There is some tendency towards projection of the face and jaws (mesognathy).
Hence if you read most physical-anthro literature from say 1850 to 1970's, the ancient Egyptians were "Caucasoid" senso lato, but not "Caucasoid" senso stricto, meaning a small amount of mixture was always recognised in the skulls, although nowhere near the extent you could detect common "broad" features. Coon (1965) therefore described northernmost Africans such as Tunisian/Moroccan Berbers and Egyptians as "although essentially Caucasoid, they show the absorption of an indigenous element."
Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
^ Enter values that peak in Egypt , Sudan, Uganda or Senegal......don't matter.

Cool results.

Me
North Africa 49.8%
Sub-Saharan Africa 27.6%
Eurasia 17.6%
Asia 4.5%
Near East 0.5%

Tut with Me
North Africa 63.4%
Eurasia 34.8%
Asia 1.3%
Near East 0.4%
Sub-Saharan Africa 0%

Ramses with Me and Tut
North Africa 58.1%
Sub-Saharan Africa 33.3%
Near East 7.9%
Asia 0.7%
Eurasia 0%

Me and Thuya

Population Group Probability
North Africa 50.1%
Sub-Saharan Africa 41.7%
Near East 7.1%
Asia 1%
Eurasia 0%

Dnatribe's MLI scores FTW

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
Its bizarre why people here think the ancient Egyptians on average had those "broad" (i.e. "Negroid") features.

Image search for 'hieroglyph for face'.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
quote:

The kidnapped girls from Nigeria was done by Hausas.

Uhm, I thought Boko Haram is predominantly Kanuri? [/QB]
I was told Hausa. But it's from hearing.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its bizarre why people here think the ancient Egyptians on average had those "broad" (i.e. "Negroid") features. They didn't. Read Baker (1974) for an accurate description of what typical dynastic Egyptians looked like:

quote:
In their monuments the dynastic Egyptians represented themselves as having a long face, pointed chin with scantly beard, a straight or somewhat aquiline nose, black irises, and a reddish-brown complexion. On the evidence of their mummies it would appear that the head-hair was curly, wavy, or almost straight, and very dark brown or black. Facial and body-hair was scantly apart from the chin tuft of males. The skeletons show that stature was low, and the bones are slight and suggest a rather feeble frame. The skulls stand near the dividing-line between meso-and dolicocranial, with bulging occiput; viewed from on top they appear coffin shaped or ovoid; supraciliary ridges are poorly developed or absent; the forehead is nearly vertical. The cheeks are narrow, the reliability of their images. There is some tendency towards projection of the face and jaws (mesognathy).
Hence if you read most physical-anthro literature from say 1850 to 1970's, the ancient Egyptians were "Caucasoid" senso lato, but not "Caucasoid" senso stricto, meaning a small amount of mixture was always recognised in the skulls, although nowhere near the extent you could detect common "broad" features. Coon (1965) therefore described northernmost Africans such as Tunisian/Moroccan Berbers and Egyptians as "although essentially Caucasoid, they show the absorption of an indigenous element."
LOL AT THIS BABBLE BOX.

quote:
Miguel Botella Lopez

Two skulls excavated from the Qubbet el-Hawa necropolis in Egypt.

By Stephanie Pappas

LiveScience

-

Even the best-off ancient Egyptians suffered from malnutrition and preventable disease, a new analysis of mummies and skeletons finds.

The bodies come from the Qubbet el-Hawa necropolis, which is near the modern city of Aswan in southern Egypt. Constructed in the 12th dynasty (between 1939 B.C. and 1760 B.C.) and reused in later periods, the necropolis contains remains of people from across the social spectrum.

An analysis of more than 200 of these bodies, which has not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal, finds that wealth did not necessarily buy health in ancient Egypt.

"Although the cultural level of the age was extraordinary, the anthropological analysis of the human remains reveals the population in general, and the governors — the highest social class — lived in conditions in which their health was very precarious, on the edge of survival," study researcher Miquel Botella Lopez of the University of Granada said in a statement.

Life expectancy was only about 30 years, the researchers found, thanks to a high infant mortality rate, malnutrition and gastrointestinal infections caused by drinking polluted Nile waters. A great many of the dead in the necropolis were between 17 and 25 years old, the researchers announced Wednesday.

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/06/17213691-ancient-mummies-show-even-rich-egyptians-could-be-in-poor-health?lite

UNIVERSITY OF GRANADA

http://www.ujaen.es/investiga/qubbetelhawa/en/index.php

-

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

quote:
It's bizarre a euronut keeps typing euroloons nonsense with Caucasoid claims.

-

-

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/rupert-parker/planet-appetite-sahara-fetsival-tunisia_b_2395017.html

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
From what I can recollect from High School biology , it still takes a man to impregnate a woman and his yDNA will be passed down to his son. That said, there is no male lineage found in modern Egypt that is not of African(East) origin. Since I contend that R1b-M269 may be of West (North )African origin. J1 is omnipresent in Africa and may have existed in Africa since the early Holocene. J2 may be the only external or non-African lineage found in Egypt and the rest of Africa. It is primarily found in Coastal cities of North Africa. Since it's geographic pattern is "spotty" the most plausible scenario is Ottoman Turks. Or Ashkenazi expulsion.

It other words the genetic pattern does NOT fit the "documented" history of Persian or European Greek invasion regardless of what "you read". Maybe someone can point out my error....if they can.

@ELMaestro. ALL!, ALL! , ALL! genetic evidence publish to date supports what I have been saying all along. Europeans are a subset of Africans and there was never "back-migration". The genetic pattern is consistent with IBD. ALL of it. What some of you fools don't understand is for the "high frequency of autosomes" to work in lieu of IBD, there needed to be pure isolation followed by unique mutation in that landmass then re- expansion. And this will supported by yDNA or mtDNA. They, autosomes AND lineage needs to work together. AND IT DOES NOT!!!!!! That is why I am 100% correct and no one can disprove what I am saying. No One! And these researchers know this. That is why they always use one or the other never BOTH lineage and admixture charts. That is why they stopped used TreeMix or are selective about using it. That is why they left North Africa out of the Bell Beaker Study when North has huge amounts of megaliths and BBC also. Also when there is archeological evidence that the culture preceded that in Europe. You fools, it is a game. Don't you understand that. These scientist know that it is a game and we are the pawns with our silly arguments. The AEians are indigenous Africans, there is no" if they were" or any nonsense like that. The really question is how Africanized were the Greeks...and what happened to ancient Greeks. Arnaiz-Villens was correct.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:

Beats the snot outta me?

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
I can't get anything right the first time

This is Tut with me and 5
North Africa 41.2%
Eurasia 29.1%
Sub-Saharan Africa 28.5%
Asia 0.9%
Near East 0.3%

Me with 3
Sub-Saharan Africa 96%
Asia 2.6%
Eurasia 1.4%

Me and Tut with 3
Sub-Saharan Africa 81.2%
Eurasia 9.6%
Asia 9.2%

Me with 5 again
North Africa 49.8%
Sub-Saharan Africa 27.6%
Eurasia 17.6%
Asia 4.5%
Near East 0.5%

Tut, Ramses iii, and Thuya increase my Sub-Saharan African with 5.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
As I tell the fools over at Davidski and he keeps deleting my post. There was never ever MALE ONLY Steppes migration. Since The YAmnya ancestry preceded supposed Steppes migration in Western Europe. It is all a game perpetuated by SOME scientists. It is not sloppy work. It is a game. I work in the field. Any scientist worth his weight in gold knows what to do and how to sample to get at the answers to this. They are not doing what is necessary or are not publishing. As I told Capra and OM on Davidski. They need to do in depth analysis of peoples off the west African coast like Cape Verde and Soa tome Principe. The clues are there. Remember Shriver et al after studying extant Cape Verdeans concluded that the white skin gene preceded OOA and blue eyes is unrelated to light skin. He concluded that light eyes may have existed long before light skin. La Brana, Loschbour and KOS14 proved he was correct. Black skinned people with blue eyes. These were the hunter gatherers of Europe. Remarkably the light skin people with dark eyes entered from Africa only 6-7K years ago meeting a black skin blue eyed people. Many Cape Verdean have the black skinned blue eye trait(attributed to colonization), BUT the odd thing is their lineage age is NOT typical Sub-Saharan Africans. Again the "historical records" do NOT match the genetic profile of the people.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Hausa language is the region's lingua franca.

quote:
quote:
quote:

The kidnapped girls from Nigeria was done by Hausas.

Uhm, I thought Boko Haram is predominantly Kanuri?

I was told Hausa. But it's from hearing. [/QB]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
This type of post was deleted by Davidski. The argument was blue eyes in Africa. Here the researcher back in the 1960's observed blue eyes in South Africans and could not explain it. This was aside to those who may have Waardenburg Syndrome. He admits that blues eyes exist in Africans but is not transmitted to the next generation by the same Mendelians process as in "Caucasians". Yet within the same paper he admits in some Danish families they also do NOT transmit by the same mechanism. Aren't Europeans screwed up? Prejudices makes them stupid and irrational ...and...that is their weakness.

THE INCIDENCE OF BLUE EYES IN SOUTH AFRICAN NEGROES*- With special reference to the_ Waardenburg syndrome --- J. Soussi

"Non-Waardenburg cases
In the present study, thirty individuals have been recorded whose only unusual feature is blue eyes. This figure includes the fifteen individuals from the original Zulu.

This assumption is not entirely justified, since blue-eyed Negroes who do not show any other signs of the syndrome do exist, as has been shown in the present study. "

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
This type of post was deleted by Davidski. The argument was blue eyes in Africa. Here the researcher back in the 1960's observed blue eyes in South Africans and could not explain it. This was aside to those who may have Waardenburg Syndrome. He admits that blues eyes exist in Africans but is not transmitted to the next generation by the same Mendelians process as in "Caucasians". Yet within the same paper he admits in some Danish families they also do NOT transmit by the same mechanism. Aren't Europeans screwed up? Prejudices makes them stupid and irrational ...and...that is their weakness.

THE INCIDENCE OF BLUE EYES IN SOUTH AFRICAN NEGROES*- With special reference to the_ Waardenburg syndrome --- J. Soussi

"Non-Waardenburg cases
In the present study, thirty individuals have been recorded whose only unusual feature is blue eyes. This figure includes the fifteen individuals from the original Zulu.

This assumption is not entirely justified, since blue-eyed Negroes who do not show any other signs of the syndrome do exist, as has been own in the present study. "

This is why I'm writing a book called the miseducation of the albino.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Did Boko Haram really kidnap those girls, kept them captives for several years then release them? Time to bring Africans(west) in the supposed "war"?
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Just so the board should know,
Baker's 10X more racist than Coon.
For instance, Baker says Greeks
taught plastic art to Nigerians
and Roman's civil engineering.

Caucasoid means caucasian-like.

Thinner featured linear faced
east Africans are as old as
the area's oldest Hss.

These fossils and their living
descendants were Speke,
Stuhlmann, and Seligman's
excuse for fabricatinng the Hamitic
Hypothesis, dark white caucasians,
and Hamites.

Coon made these Africanist terms
anthropologist norms and Baker
is nothing but a failed resurrection
of Coon.

quote:
Read Baker (1974) for an accurate description of what typical dynastic Egyptians looked like:

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] From what I can recollect from High School biology , it still takes a man to impregnate a woman and his yDNA will be passed down to his son. That said, there is no male lineage found in modern Egypt that is not of African(East) origin. Since I contend that R1b-M269 may be of West (North )African origin. J1 is omnipresent in Africa and may have existed in Africa since the early Holocene. J2 may be the only external or non-African lineage found in Egypt and the rest of Africa. It is primarily found in Coastal cities of North Africa. Since it's geographic pattern is "spotty" the most plausible scenario is Ottoman Turks. Or Ashkenazi expulsion.

It other words the genetic pattern does NOT fit the "documented" history of Persian or European Greek invasion regardless of what "you read". Maybe someone can point out my error....if they can.

You are saying the genetic pattern does NOT fit the "documented" history of Persian or European Greek invasion

what pattern are you referring to?

What haplogroups would represent a Persian or European Greek invasion but instead you are saying we don't don't find them?

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:

Proponents of the post Napoleonic version of the
Hamitic hypothesis (the one we still deal with in
contemporary anthropology), on the other hand,
push their touted admixture date to the terminal
pleistocene, and, more importantly, they
postulate the existence of an intrinsic and
deterministic link between this admixture and
morphometric overlap with Eurasians, so that
every population in Africa with such morphometric
overlap automatically becomes a recipient of the
said admixture.

Logically, Pagani et al 2012 and Pickrell et al
2013's admixture event estimates would not
affect, nor explain the features of Gash
cultured? Pwenet people depicted in Hatshepshut's
Del Bahari temple. It would not explain nor
affect the features of the LSA Great Rift Eburran
cultured people who are attested since the
Terminal Pleistocene, and logically predate it
since the features appear 'as is' with no
availability of earlier skeletal material that
documents a transition.

The radical facial differentiation of these LSA
peoples relative to MSA predecessors may
represent a parallel evolution event as they
have a plethora of traits that are peculiar to
them and are not seen in Ethio-Semitic and
Cushitic speakers.

-

quote:
All the Upper Paleolithic peoples of Kenya
were of Caucasoid or proto-Hamitic stock; they
are represented by the Gamble's Cave and Naivasha
skeletons, as well as the skeleton from Olduvai
in northern Tanganyika. They were tall and
dolichocephalic, with long face and narrow nose
(the 'Elmenteitan type'); the other is
brachycephalic, with a shorter face but also with
a narrow nose. These two types are represented by
Elmenteita A and F1 (Fig. 5 (2 and 3)) from
Bromhead's site. The same types persist into the
Neolithic, but now a third variation appears in
the ultra-dolichocephalic skulls from Willey's
kopje (Fig. 5 (4)); these differ from the
Elmenteitan type by having a shorter face, a more
prominent nose, and a different kind of mandible.

--Sonia Cole, 1954

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:

Just remember Hamiticism is inseparably linked to
NE & E Africa as AMH Caucas(ian/oid) so it's not
necessarily needing post chalcolithic or historic
West Eurasian invaders.

Besides the Wiedner map from Doc Ben, Diop
exposed Caucas(ian/oid) AMH E Africans as
exemplified by Masai physiognomy in particular.

Think of that geneticist who postulated Maasai as
best modern reps of ancient Egyptians, a safe view
because of the NE&E African AMH Caucas(ian/oid)
ideology correlate of Hamiticism.

= = = = = = =

The human skeletons discovered by Leakey near Elmenteita
(Kenya) in the grotto called Gamble's Cave II, and which
probably belonged to the same human type as the Olduvai
man (northern Tanzania) of the Capsian, have caused much
ink to flow. "It is certain that these are not true Negroes,
in the usual sense of the word. These are men comparable to
the Nilotics in the Great Lakes region, or else comparable
to the lighter-skinned populations of those territories. A
skeleton recently found at Naivasha (Kenya) obviously
belongs to the same type."

From these discoveries, prehistorians, historians, and
ethnologists draw conclusions of varying importance
concerning the early peopling of Black Africa. In the
Olduvai man, Cornevin sees the ancestor of the Nilotic,
of the Shilluk, Dinka, Nuer, and Masai. He makes him
a Caucasoid.
His existence, Cornevin contends, "proves
that it is useless to make the East African, improperly
called Nilo-Hamitic, come from India or Arabia."
Finally,
referring to the Naivasha man just mentioned, on the next
page he writes that archeological research reveals affinities
with the Cro-Magnon race: "tall stature, low, wide face,
broad forehead, rectangular sockets, thin nose, little
prognathism."

There was no Cro-Magnon man in sub-Saharan Africa. At an
interview that Professor Vallois was kind enough to grant
me at the Paris Institute of Human Paleontology, this
scientist was categorical about this. Only the Boskop
man (Transvaal Province, South Africa) was, for a time,
considered as a Cro-Magnoid having affinities with the
Bushman. But this opinion was later abandoned by its
partisans. Cornevin, unfortunately, continues to confuse
Grimaldi man -- a "Negroid" with marked prognathism and
broad nose -- with Cro-Magnon man, who is not at all
prognathous but presents in hypertrophic fashion typical
European traits: thin lips, prominent chin, narrow nose.
There is reason to reexamine the documents.

The theory that makes Causcasoids of the Dinka, Nuer,
Masai, etc., is the most unwarranted. Suppose an
African ethnologist insisted on recognizing only
blond Scandinavians as Whites and systematically
refused all other Europeans -- especially
Mediterraneans, French, Italians, Greeks, Spaniards,
and Portuguese -- membership in the White race.
Just
as Scandinavians and Mediterraneans must be considered
as the two poles, the two extremes of the same
anthropological reality, it would be only fair to
do the same for the two extremes of the reality of
the Black world: Negroes of East Africa and those of
West Africa. To call a Shilluk, a Dinka, or a Masai
a Caucasoid is as devoid of sense and scientific
validity
for an African as it would be for a
European to claim that a Greek or a Latin are not
White. The desperate search for a non-Negro solution
sometimes leads to talk about "a primitive stock that
might not yet have assumed a differentiated Black or
White character,"
or to whitening Negroes such as the
Masai. All the human types found in Kenya from the
Paleolithic to the end of the Neolithic, are perfectly
distinguishable as Negroes.

Dr. Leakey, who has studied nearly all of them, knows
this. He knows that all the skeletons that have fallen
into his hands have Negritic proportions in the full
sense of the word. He also is aware that the obervation
by Boule and Vallois on the "floor of the nasal fossae"
is applicable to all the skulls that he has studied. One
can understand why anthropologists are silent on these
determining points. On the contrary, they readily expand
on cranial measurements, for in this domain, except in
extreme cases, it is harder to distinguish a Negro from
a White
. They admit, for example, that from the Paleolithic
to our day
Kenya, East Africa, and the Upper Nile have
been inhabited by the same population which has remained
anthropologically unchanged, with the Masai as one of the
most authentic representative types

To the anthropologists, he is the very type of the
undifferentiated Negro. Whenever they discuss the
late appearance of the "true Negro," we must remember
that this is because they do not consider him as such,
for he has been there since the beginning of time, since
the Paleolithic. All the skull specimens considered non-
Negroid, following the measurements of Leakey and other
anthropologists, are really those of his archeological
forebears from whom he does not differ morphologically.

Dr. Leakey and all the anthropologists will confirm
this. If he were not a living reality, his skull would
have come out whitened or, in any case, "denegrified"
by their measurements, with an orthognathous face held
high, a thin nose, high forehead, etc. Even alive, he
is not a Negro in the view of the so-called specialists,
but the authentic type of the Nilo-Hamite.
I invite the
reader to verify this. He will simply find these facts
confirmed.

Anthropologists have invented the ingenious, convenient,
fictional notion of the "true Negro," which allows them
to consider, if need be, all the real Negroes on earth as
fake Negroes, more or less approaching a kind of Platonic
archetype, without ever attaining it
. Thus, African history
is full of "Negroids," Hamites, semi-Hamites, Nilo-Hamitics,
Ethiopoids, Sabaeans, even Caucasoids! Yet, if one stuck
strictly to scientific data and archeological facts, the
prototype of the White race would be sought in vain
throughout the earliest years of present-day humanity

The Negro has been there from the beginning; for millennia
he was the only one in existence. Nevertheless, on the
threshold of the historical epoch, the "scholar" turns
his back on him, raises questions about his genesis, and
even speculates "objectively" about his tardy appearance ...

Diop [Cook] 1974 pp.268,273-4

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:

-

After origin of the species everything on
that map is NON-AFRICAN. It's the same old
Caucasian NE Africa bullshit that physical
anthropology proposed a century ago and
exposed by Doc Ben

http://books.google.com/books?id=6EK3Bs1h1FUC&pg=PA45&img=1&zoom=3&hl=en&sig=ACfU3U2PIyZq5bq0ScXIAYiDf3wo4WTFDw&w=685
 -

Running the same game with another name?

-

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
 -

As I said I am 100% correct. I should be paid for this shyte. A black meta population that inhabited Iberia, North Africa, to Melanesian up to about 6000bc. This hunter gather genetic material is found in high frequency in HG of Africa and Indigenous North Africans. A signal that Amzaigh are very old as I have been saying all along. The NEW Africans with E1b1a(from the Nile) are new to the regions of West Africa where they admixed with other existing Africans. These Neolithic Africans also migrated North into Europe. This is not rocket science. That is why Cape Verde and other coastal West Africans still have the Dark skin with blues eyes.

---
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/vetenskap/de-var-de-forsta-svenskarna
DNA analysis says that the first immigrants in Scandinavia was dark-skinned and had blue eyes, a look that is very rare today. The second wave came from present-day Russia, and seems to have had lighter skin, to make it easier to produce vitamin D in the surrogate sunshine for sunless conditions. The image is our own interpretation of the researchers' results. Photo: Torbjörn Johansson, Swedish Television (Graphics)
The first Swedes were dark-skinned and blue-eyed hunters and gatherers who wandered into Scandinavia from the south after the Ice Age ended about ten thousand years ago. New DNA research shows that soon they were joined by another wave of immigration - from the East. The result was Europe's most mixed stone age population.
The first modern humans who migrated into the current Sweden when the ice began to loosen its grip for over 10,000 years ago were hunters and gatherers. Probably followed the herds of wild reindeer who lived along the ice edge.

Their skin was dark, believes Mattias Jakobsson a professor of genetics at Uppsala and one of the researchers in the Swedish Atlas project, which aims to map the genome of early populations in the country. Skin color is a legacy of African origin:

- They were genetically similar individuals who at the time lived in today's Luxembourg, Spain and Germany. They had a look that is quite rare today, they had blue eyes with the right dark skin.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Ok! Let us reverse the perspective. Modern Egyptians are primarily E1b1b, E1b1a, J1, J2 in that order. Which of these are "non-African". BTW there is no R1b-M269. But there is R1b-v88. R1b is Western European. So as I said, no Western Europeans connection to AEians. Absolutely none. I nkw Cass like to use the word "Caucasian" to steal African history. But Now we know E1b1b is about 25% in Greeks. Africanized Greeks? The only connection between Persians/Iranians and modern Egyptians is J2. But that is found all over Coastal North Africa including Iberia. Is J2 a Greek marker of Persian Marker?

There is no evidence of foreign invasion of AE. The ottoman Turks or Ashkenazi's Expulsion are the only possibilities But these are RECENT...within the last 500years.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
[QB] From what I can recollect from High School biology , it still takes a man to impregnate a woman and his yDNA will be passed down to his son. That said, there is no male lineage found in modern Egypt that is not of African(East) origin. Since I contend that R1b-M269 may be of West (North )African origin. J1 is omnipresent in Africa and may have existed in Africa since the early Holocene. J2 may be the only external or non-African lineage found in Egypt and the rest of Africa. It is primarily found in Coastal cities of North Africa. Since it's geographic pattern is "spotty" the most plausible scenario is Ottoman Turks. Or Ashkenazi expulsion.

You are saying the genetic pattern does NOT fit the "documented" history of Persian or European Greek invasion

what pattern are you referring to?

What haplogroups would represent a Persian or European Greek invasion but instead you are saying we don't don't find them?

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Tukuler

I debunked Swenet on the Elmenteita crania years ago. Like you, he posts false dating for them. Leakey (1935) erroneously dated them 7400 BP, when they're no older than 2500 BP:

"Another indication that the Elmenteitan materials may in fact be younger is provided by the pottery. This has been identified by Bower and Nelson (1978: 563) as Remnant Ware (now again known as Elmenteitan pottery), which is widely distributed on the western side of the Rift. Dates have been obtained at several rockshelters, but even the earliest estimates fall at about 2500 BP. Most Elmenteitan lithic occurrences seem to be no older than this." (Rightmire, 1984 "Human Skeletal Remains from Eastern Africa")

They're no older than 500 BCE and probably closer to the 1 century CE; Rightmire (1984) dates them 2500-2000 BP. None of these remains are prehistoric.

The fact is there are no prehistoric East African crania with "Caucasoid" traits like narrow nasal aperture, microdonty (small teeth) and orthognathism. The Oldoway skull dates 16,000 BP, however it isn't leptorrhine or orthognathic:

"Oldoway possesses considerable alveolar prognathism." (Coon, 1939)

Sonia Cole was writing in the 1950s/60s when Leakey's (1935) 7400 BP date for the Elmenteitan crania was still in use; that date was discredited in the late 70s & early 80s.

Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted Genetic studies related to Egypt thread :

G. Lucotte and G. Mercier. 2003.
“Brief Communication:Y-chromosome Haplotypes in Egypt,”
Am. J. Physical Anthropology 121:63-66.

We analyzed Y-chromosome haplotypes in the Nile River Valley in Egypt in 274 unrelated males, using the p-49a,fTaqI polymorphism. These individuals were born in three regions along the river: in Alexandria (the Delta and Lower Egypt), in Upper Egypt, and in Lower Nubia. Fifteen different p49a,fTaqI haplotypes are present in Egypt, the three most common being haplotypes V (39.4%), haplotypes XI (18.9%), and haplotypes IV (13.9%). Haplotype V is a characteristic Arab haplotypes, with a northern geographic distribution in Egypt in the Nile River Valley. Haplotype IV, characteristic of sub-Saharan populations, shows a southern geographical distribution in Egypt.

p. 65 As for mtDNA (Krings et al. 1999), the present study on the Y-chromosome haplotypes shows that there are northern and southern Y-haplotypes in Egypt. The main Y-haplotype V is a northern haplotypes, with a significantly different frequency in the north compared to the south of the country: frequencies of haplotypes V are 51.9% in the Delta (location A), 24.2% in Upper Egypt (location B), and 17.4% in Lower Nubia (location C). On the other hand, haplotypes IV is a typical southern haplotype, being almost absent in A (1.2%), and preponderant in B (27.3%) and C (39.1%). Haplotype XI [with a 70% occurence in Ethiopia] also shows a preponderance in the south (in C, 30.4%; B, 28.8%) compared to the north (11.7% in A) of the country. In mtDNA, sequences of the first hypervariable HpaI site at position 3592 allowed Krings, et al. (1999) to designate each mtDNA as being of northern or southern affiliation, and proportions of northern and southern mtDNA differed significantly between Egypt, Nubia, and the southern Sudan.

It is interesting to relate this peculiar north/south differentiation, a pattern of genetic variation deriving from the two uniparentally inherited genetic systems (mtDNA and Y chromosome), to specific historic events.

Concerning less frequent Y-haplotypes in Egypt, haplotype VIII is characteristic of Semitic populations, originating in the Near East (Lucotte et al., [1993]). For example (Lucotte et al., [1996]), the frequency of haplotype VIII is 26.2% among North African Jews (where it represents the majority haplotype) and 77.5% among Jews from the island of Djerba (Tunisia), reaching 85.1% among Oriental (from Iraq, Iran, and Syria) Jews. Similarly, haplotype VII had a general geographical distribution fairly identical to that of haplotype VIII (which it often accompanies as a secondary haplotype); haplotype VII distinguishes itself by increased preponderance north of the Mediterranean and in Eastern Europe (Lucotte et al., [1996]). Haplotype XV is the most widespread Y-haplotype in Western Europe (Lucotte and Hazout, [1996]), where its frequency decreases from west to east (Semino et al., [1996]; Lucotte and Loirat, [1999]). Haplotypes VIII, VII, and XV are less common haplotypes in Egypt (7.3%, 6.6%, and 5.5%, respectively), and tend to be located in the north of the country, near the Mediterranean coast. Possibly haplotypes VIII, VII, and XV represent, respectively, Near East, Greek, and Roman influences.

Table 1. My tabularization of the percentages in the abstract

Haplotype & Ethnicity__U. Egypt & L. Nubia__Middle Egypt__L. Egypt & Delta__Natl Avg

IV Inner African_______39.1_______________27.3__________01.2__________13.9

XI Egyptian Ethiopian__30.4_______________28.8__________11.7__________18.9

V Arabian Semite______17.4_______________24.2__________51.9__________39.4

VIII Near East Semites_________________________________mostly coastal__07.3

VII N. Med E. Europe (Greek?)___________________________mostly coastal__06.6

XV W. Europe (Roman?)________________________________mostly coastal__05.5

Notice the national averages only total to 91.6% leaving 8.4% of the
population split between the 9 remaining haplotypes not detailed in
the abstract. Does anyone have the full report?

[This message has been edited by alTakruri (edited 19 December 2004).]

BTW 42Tribes

I can compare your alleles to PopSTR database
like I did for the Amarna and Ramses if you'd
like and report your Africa, Levant, Old World,
affinities. Can also check you against any
royals of your choice.

And I won't have to fudge a single input variable.

Years ago, I proved faking input to PopAffilator yields fake output.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XyyMan, Enough with the semantics... All humans come from Africa. We aren't discussing the possibility of Multiregionalism here.
Look at the diverse MtDNA Haplougroups in the Sample. Can you really sit here and tell us all that's indicative of unidirectional geneflow? If all of these Lineages directly descended from African populations, Where are the L lineages that predate and dominate the respective regions in Africa? You cannot hide behind IBD because this sample snaps the proposed gradient from Sudan(SSA) to the Levant... unless you want to Jump on the train that modern L lineages where recently brought to sudan and NE Africa.

You're setting yourself and others up for disaster.

"There is no evidence of foreign invasion of AE. The ottoman Turks or Ashkenazi's Expulsion are the only possibilities But these are RECENT...within the last 500years."

^you have been on this site for way too long (almost 1/2 of my total lifespan) for you to be saying things like this. I honestly feel like it would be disrespectful for me to have to check you on this... Unless of course you're being sneaky and what you mean by "Invasion" is a complete hostile takeover of all K.mt.... But then again we are talking about 1 region in Lower Egypt/faiyum as it relates to the OP.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Quit playing

https://books.google.com/books?id=dftPHu1o2s8C&pg=PA196&lpg=PA196&dq=Elmenteita+crania&source=bl&ots=mR0G7yKLCy&sig=996mSc1MVts2sdFawbV0P1IMqJU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJz7vK9_nTAhVF KCYKHVlWBEIQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=Elmenteita%20crania&f=false

And I ain't replying to you anymore because as
all ESers point out anybody conversant with the
disciplines can sit your ass down.

quote:
@ Tukuler

I debunked Swenet on the Elmenteita crania years ago. Like you, he posts false dating for them. Leakey (1935) erroneously dated them 7400 BP, when they're no older than 2500 BP:

They're no older than 500 BCE and probably closer to the 1 century CE; Rightmire (1984) dates them 2500-2000 BP. None of these remains are prehistoric.

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Yep I am fairly certain to say that all of the mummies STRed are more SSA than I (based on http://cracs.fc.up.pt/popaffiliator/mapa3.png) Maybe not Nefertiti. Haven't got to her yet.

I used the same loci as Ramses iii and the Amarnas but with some dummies to get to 9 and...

Me with Dummy 20 in D3S1358
Eurasia 85.7%
Sub-Saharan Africa 12.6%
Asia 1.7%

Me with Dummy 9 in Topox
Sub-Saharan Africa 56%
Eurasia 39.3%
Asia 4.7%

Me with Dummy 8 in VWA
Sub-Saharan Africa 92.1%
Eurasia 7.5%
Asia 0.3%

Amenhotep iii
Dummy 20 in D3S1358

Sub-Saharan Africa 93.7%
Eurasia 6%
Asia 0.3%

Amenhotep iii Dummy 9 in Topox
Sub-Saharan Africa 93.7%
Eurasia 6%
Asia 0.3%

Amenhotep iii Dummy 8 in VWA
Sub-Saharan Africa 93.7%
Eurasia 6%
Asia 0.3%

even Neff

Nerfertiti (I assume YL is her) with Dummy 20 in D3S1358
Population Group
Probability
Eurasia
59.5%
Sub-Saharan Africa
39.9%
Asia
0.5%

Nerfertiti (I assume YL is her) 9 in Tpox

Population Group
Probability
Sub-Saharan Africa
83.2%
Eurasia
16.3%
Asia
0.5%

Nerfertiti (I assume YL is her) 8 in VWA
Population Group
Probability
Sub-Saharan Africa
93.3%
Eurasia
6.2%
Asia

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
yes we are!!!!!..."We aren't discussing the possibility of Multiregionalism here". What do you think this is about?...Frequency!!

quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
XyyMan, Enough with the semantics... All humans come from Africa. We aren't discussing the possibility of Multiregionalism here.
Look at the diverse MtDNA Haplougroups in the Sample. Can you really sit here and tell us all that's indicative of unidirectional geneflow? If all of these Lineages directly descended from African populations, Where are the L lineages that predate and dominate the respective regions in Africa? You cannot hide behind IBD because this sample snaps the proposed gradient from Sudan(SSA) to the Levant... unless you want to Jump on the train that modern L lineages where recently brought to sudan and NE Africa.

You're setting yourself and others up for disaster.

"There is no evidence of foreign invasion of AE. The ottoman Turks or Ashkenazi's Expulsion are the only possibilities But these are RECENT...within the last 500years."

^you have been on this site for way too long (almost 1/2 of my total lifespan) for you to be saying things like this. I honestly feel like it would be disrespectful for me to have to check you on this... Unless of course you're being sneaky and what you mean by "Invasion" is a complete hostile takeover of all K.mt.... But then again we are talking about 1 region in Lower Egypt/faiyum as it relates to the OP.

Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] Quit playing

https://books.google.com/books?id=dftPHu1o2s8C&pg=PA196&lpg=PA196&dq=Elmenteita+crania&source=bl&ots=mR0G7yKLCy&sig=996mSc1MVts2sdFawbV0P1IMqJU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJz7vK9_nTAhVF KCYKHVlWBEIQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=Elmenteita%20crania&f=false

And I ain't replying to you anymore because as
all ESers point out anybody conversant with the
disciplines can sit your ass down.

Simpleton, read the source: "It is appropriate, therefore, to group the Elmenteitan people with the pastoralists discussed in the next section rather than with other Late Stone Age hunter/gatherers." Rightmire (1984) dates the Elmenteitan crania 2500-2000 BP; this can clearly be seen on the table ("approximate dates from radiocarbon determinations") on page 194.

"Caucasoid" traits like narrow nasal aperture and orthognathism are totally absent from the East African fossil record until very recent (well within recorded-history) about 2500 years ago.

The simple fact is these features didn't originate there, these traits/variables first appear in the European fossil record as early as Cro-Magnon 1.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Genetic Haplotypes vs haplogroups table
The conversion does not make much sense. Anyone.? What is V, XI or VIII? Anyone?

Haplotype V = Hapolgroup C. Does not make sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_table_for_Y_chromosome_haplogroups

quote:
quote:
Originally posted Genetic studies related to Egypt thread :

G. Lucotte and G. Mercier. 2003.
“Brief Communication:Y-chromosome Haplotypes in Egypt,”
Am. J. Physical Anthropology 121:63-66.

We analyzed Y-chromosome haplotypes in the Nile River Valley in Egypt in 274 unrelated males, using the p-49a,fTaqI polymorphism. These individuals were born in three regions along the river: in Alexandria (the Delta and Lower Egypt), in Upper Egypt, and in Lower Nubia. Fifteen different p49a,fTaqI haplotypes are present in Egypt, the three most common being haplotypes V (39.4%), haplotypes XI (18.9%), and haplotypes IV (13.9%). Haplotype V is a characteristic Arab haplotypes, with a northern geographic distribution in Egypt in the Nile River Valley. Haplotype IV, characteristic of sub-Saharan populations, shows a southern geographical distribution in Egypt.

p. 65 As for mtDNA (Krings et al. 1999), the present study on the Y-chromosome haplotypes shows that there are northern and southern Y-haplotypes in Egypt. The main Y-haplotype V is a northern haplotypes, with a significantly different frequency in the north compared to the south of the country: frequencies of haplotypes V are 51.9% in the Delta (location A), 24.2% in Upper Egypt (location B), and 17.4% in Lower Nubia (location C). On the other hand, haplotypes IV is a typical southern haplotype, being almost absent in A (1.2%), and preponderant in B (27.3%) and C (39.1%). Haplotype XI [with a 70% occurence in Ethiopia] also shows a preponderance in the south (in C, 30.4%; B, 28.8%) compared to the north (11.7% in A) of the country. In mtDNA, sequences of the first hypervariable HpaI site at position 3592 allowed Krings, et al. (1999) to designate each mtDNA as being of northern or southern affiliation, and proportions of northern and southern mtDNA differed significantly between Egypt, Nubia, and the southern Sudan.

It is interesting to relate this peculiar north/south differentiation, a pattern of genetic variation deriving from the two uniparentally inherited genetic systems (mtDNA and Y chromosome), to specific historic events.

Concerning less frequent Y-haplotypes in Egypt, haplotype VIII is characteristic of Semitic populations, originating in the Near East (Lucotte et al., [1993]). For example (Lucotte et al., [1996]), the frequency of haplotype VIII is 26.2% among North African Jews (where it represents the majority haplotype) and 77.5% among Jews from the island of Djerba (Tunisia), reaching 85.1% among Oriental (from Iraq, Iran, and Syria) Jews. Similarly, haplotype VII had a general geographical distribution fairly identical to that of haplotype VIII (which it often accompanies as a secondary haplotype); haplotype VII distinguishes itself by increased preponderance north of the Mediterranean and in Eastern Europe (Lucotte et al., [1996]). Haplotype XV is the most widespread Y-haplotype in Western Europe (Lucotte and Hazout, [1996]), where its frequency decreases from west to east (Semino et al., [1996]; Lucotte and Loirat, [1999]). Haplotypes VIII, VII, and XV are less common haplotypes in Egypt (7.3%, 6.6%, and 5.5%, respectively), and tend to be located in the north of the country, near the Mediterranean coast. Possibly haplotypes VIII, VII, and XV represent, respectively, Near East, Greek, and Roman influences.

Table 1. My tabularization of the percentages in the abstract

Haplotype & Ethnicity__U. Egypt & L. Nubia__Middle Egypt__L. Egypt & Delta__Natl Avg

IV Inner African_______39.1_______________27.3__________01.2__________13.9

XI Egyptian Ethiopian__30.4_______________28.8__________11.7__________18.9

V Arabian Semite______17.4_______________24.2__________51.9__________39.4

VIII Near East Semites_________________________________mostly coastal__07.3

VII N. Med E. Europe (Greek?)___________________________mostly coastal__06.6

XV W. Europe (Roman?)________________________________mostly coastal__05.5

Notice the national averages only total to 91.6% leaving 8.4% of the
population split between the 9 remaining haplotypes not detailed in
the abstract. Does anyone have the full report?

[This message has been edited by alTakruri (edited 19 December 2004).]

BTW 42Tribes

I can compare your alleles to PopSTR database
like I did for the Amarna and Ramses if you'd
like and report your Africa, Levant, Old World,
affinities. Can also check you against any
royals of your choice.

And I won't have to fudge a single input variable.

Years ago, I proved faking input to PopAffilator yields fake output.

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com