EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Beja of Sudan: an intermediate position between Africans and non-Africans 2014 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Beja of Sudan: an intermediate position between Africans and non-Africans 2014
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The Episode of Genetic Drift Defining the Migration of Humans out of Africa Is Derived from a Large East African Population Size

Nuha Elhassan , Eyoab Iyasu Gebremeskel , Mohamed Ali Elnour, Dan Isabirye, John Okello, Ayman Hussien, Dominic Kwiatksowski, Jibril Hirbo, Sara Tishkoff, Muntaser E. Ibrahim
Published: May 20, 2014

"Both MDS plots discriminated between Africans and non-Africans in their first coordinate, although in the IBS plot where the variance measure is more pronounced the drift effect and low Ne is prominent. In the FST based MDS the 2nd coordinate differentiates between Sudanese and the rest of Africa (except San), and between Asians and Europeans. Interestingly Beja population from Sudan maintains an intermediate position between Africans and non-Africans in both plots."

-

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0097674

Arabs, Nubians and Beja of the Sudan, and Ethiopians show high frequencies of the allele T/G-13915, which is the major LP variant among the nomadic Arabs in Arabian Peninsula [23]. This supports the historical link and bidirectional migration of nomadic populations between Arabia and East Africa. And the significant frequencies of this allele of the nomadic Arabs among Nubians of the Sudan may be due to the gene flow form Afro-Asiatic into this Nilo-Saharan group. Nubians reside at the entering port of the Sudan along the Nile at the border with Egypt, where they were influenced by Arabs as a direct result of the penetration of large numbers of Arabs from Arabia and Egypt into the Sudan over a long period of time following the arrival of Islam around 651 AD [29].

--Genetic diversity of lactase persistence in East African populations

Hassan et al. 2016

https://bmcresnotes.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13104-015-1833-1

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are transitional populations.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could be so called Basal Eurasian
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basal Eurasian doesn't exist. It's a hypothetical population. If it were possible to remove the Eurasian ancestry from north Sudan, the people would revert back to a Dinka-like population.
—Egyptsearch

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
Basal Eurasian doesn't exist. It's a hypothetical population. If it were possible to remove the Eurasian ancestry from north Sudan, the people would revert back to a Dinka-like population.
—Egyptsearch

The article is talking about an intermediate position. That may or may not entail Eurasian ancestry.
If it doesn't entail Eurasian ancestry than how can you say a population that because it was hypothesized to exist didn't exist?
You could hypothesize a populations to exist with out evidence of it. Then if you found evidence it would confirm the hypothesis

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africans are all close to each other. If you argue otherwise you're a racist and a Hamiticist. Basal Eurasian was invented by Hamiticists.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^ Dougnet
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
The Beja's intermediate position in MDS is the result of tampering (they masked out their African ancestry). When you account for this masked component (captured by DNA Tribes' Amarna ancestry), the discrepancy disappears. That explains the genetic discrepancy. The phenotypical discrepancy (i.e. they're also intermediate in terms of craniofacial traits), on the other hand, is due to plasticity and remodeling of Eurasian ancestry.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
This could be so called Basal Eurasian

quote:
The ‘Basal Eurasians’ are a lineage hypothesized
—Iosif Lazaridis
Genomic insights into the origin of farming in the ancient Near East

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
—Egyptsearch

Amazing, I was at work thinking about posting this. I see you went before me. [Wink]

Anyway, in the post above I have cited Lazaridis.

And indeed a Dinka like population is the best proximity. I have posted on this.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] The Beja's intermediate position in MDS is the result of masking out their African ancestry. When you account for this masked component (captured by DNA Tribes' Amarna ancestry), the discrepancy disappears.

The Beja's intermediate position is not the result of masking out their African ancestry.

DNA Tribes' general analysis method as shown in their articles progressively masks out components to determine what the separate components of the whole are.
How much milk is in a given cup of coffee? A way to find that out is to use a method to separate the coffee from the milk. That does not mean the separation itself is a final analysis.
An "intermediate" position is not the title of something where something was masked out.
If you masked out something it would not be intermediate the final result would be one or the other, not intermediate

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QB] The Beja's intermediate position in MDS is the result of masking out their African ancestry. When you account for this masked component (captured by DNA Tribes' Amarna ancestry), the discrepancy disappears.

The Beja's intermediate position is not the result of masking out their African ancestry.

DNA Tribes' general analysis method as shown in their articles progressively masks out components to determine what the separate components of the whole are.
How much milk is in a given cup of coffee? A way to find that out is to use a method to separate the coffee from the milk. That does not mean the separation itself is a final analysis.
An "intermediate" position is not the title of something where something was masked out.
If you masked out something it would not be intermediate the final result would be one or the other, not intermediate

It could be that they have both ancestries, going back a long time.

Haplo J arose at Northeast Africa, Sinai.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:
—Egyptsearch

Amazing, I was at work thinking about posting this. I see you went before me. [Wink]

And indeed the Dinka is the best proximity. I have posted on this.

A hypothesis is a guess about something existing or not
it is not pure abstraction.

Basal Eurasian is a hypothetical kind of ancestry from an unknown population that no longer exists but it may have existed
And there is a possibility of finding human remains confirming it's existence.

To say "Basal Eurasian doesn't exist." is not the opinion of Lazaridis

If you think Basal Eurasian never existed then there is no point in using the term.

I am proposing that the Beja could be the descendants of the Basal Eurasian.
if not their intermediate position is simply the result of admixture with Arabs or other foreigners but since there has been no DNA analysis of the Beja we don't know at this time

quote:

Haplo J arose at Northeast Africa, Sinai.

That is not proven or the most common view of geneticists so you shouldn't be stating that as if it was fact

quote:

Mapping Post-Glacial expansions: The Peopling of Southwest Asia

Daniel E. Platt1, Marc Haber2, 3, Magda Bou Dagher-Kharrat4, Bouchra Douaihy2, Georges Khazen2, Maziar Ashrafian Bonab5, Angélique Salloum2, Francis Mouzaya2, Donata Luiselli6, Chris Tyler-Smith3, Colin Renfrew7, Elizabeth Matisoo-Smith8[…] & Pierre A. Zalloua2, 9- Show fewer authors
Scientific Reports 7, Article number: 40338 (2017)

BATWING TMRCA (Supplementary information) estimates for J*, J1, J1e, J2, and E1b1b are shown in Table 1. These results indicate slightly greater time depth information of J, J1, and J2 in Turkey and populations from the Caucasus, in agreement with their higher diversity in this area

Today, the J1 haplogroup dominates the Arabian Peninsula region (Supplementary Figure S2), though its greatest diversity (Supplementary Figure S3), marking its origin, is seen in the north. Meanwhile, the J2 diversity contour maps suggests centers from the Levant and Tarsus mountains. The strong coastal vs. inland distributions of these two haplogroups23,37 belies the proximity of J1 and J2 origins

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Damn. That was deep, Lioness.

But what I was saying is that the researchers found the Amarna alleles in the Beja population (the MDS plot is based on STR alleles). I'm saying they found them and then left them out.

Didn't you read that recent news article? The Egyptian antiquities secretly found ancient Egyptians to be Great Lakes and South African. That's why they said no when western scholars asked to do a DNA Test on the mummies from southern Egypt.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I'm not sure about that I will have to check with a man by the name of Douglass
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
—Egyptsearch

And indeed a Dinka like population is the best proximity. I have posted on this.

Yep. We're on the same page on this one.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:

Anyway, sorry to derail your thread. I got a little carried away. Just wanted to point out that Basal Eurasian is an invention of Hamiticists. The powers that be masked out the African component.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Anyway, sorry to derail your thread. I got a little carried away. Just wanted to point out that Basal Eurasian is an invention of Hamiticists. The powers that be masked out the African component.
So what do you get if you mask out the Eurasian component instead?
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
When the Eurasian component is filtered, you get a Dinka-like population. Some, like Wally say the Yoruba and other African ethnic groups were also represented in ancient times. But the powers that be aren't ready for that.

Anyway, don't mind me. Carry on..

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
When the Eurasian component is filtered, you get a Dinka-like population. Some, like Wally say the Yoruba and other African ethnic groups were also represented in ancient times. But the powers that be aren't ready for that.

Anyway, don't mind me. Carry on..

So of all Africans would it be correct to say Europeans are more related to the very dark skinned Dinka, nearest to actual black color than other Africans?
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^No. All Africans are closely related to each other. If they even have one smidgen of decreased distance to Eurasians, it either means that the powers that be were racist, Or it means that their outlier status is due to Eurasian ancestry. This is why we reject the term SSA, as well as the dichotomy between SSA ancestry and Basal Eurasian (Basal Eurasian is SSA ancestry, but masked out). We don't want to create the impression that some forms of African ancestry can be closer to Eurasians. And even if that's true, we should ignore it. Just like we've ignored Keita's conclusions all this time when he spoke on change over time in Egypt. Well, we didn't ignore it, but we just relegated all change to late dynastic Lower Egypt. Even though we're secretly familiar with Keita's work, our official position in public is that Upper Egypt changed, but not until the Arab invasion. See Pagani 2012.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

-

Dataset preparation for population genetic analyses
Genotypes were called in GD13a at sites which overlapped those in the Human Origins dataset (Lazaridis et al.17, filtered as described in Jones et al.24) using GATK Pileup44.

Table S3. f3(X, GD13a; Dinka) where X represents a modern or ancient individual/population. Ancient individuals/populations are shown in bold. EBA: Early Bronze Age, MN: Middle Neolithic. Populations/individuals with the largest f3 values are shown.

quote:
The mitochondria of GD13a (91.74X) was assigned to haplogroup X, most likely to the subhaplogroup X2. Haplogroup X2 is present in modern populations from Europe, the Near East, Western and Central Asia, North and East Africa, Siberia, and North America (7). Haplogroup X2 has been associated with an early expansion from the Near East (7, 8) and has been found in early Neolithic samples from Anatolia (9), Hungary (10) and Germany (11).
quote:
S7. Outgroup f3 statistics show that GD13a shares the most genetic drift with Caucasus Hunter-gatherers

We used outgroup f3-statistics to estimate the amount of shared drift between GD13a and contemporary populations. This was performed on the dataset described in section S6 using the qp3Pop program in the ADMIXTOOLS package (13). We computed f3(X, GD13a; Dinka), where X represents a modern population and Dinka, an African population equally related to Eurasians, acts as an outgroup (Fig. S7). We also repeated this analysis where X represents ancient individuals/populations. Among the ancient populations, Caucasus hunter-gatherers (Kotias and Satsurblia) have the closest affinity to GD13a (Table S3), followed by other ancient individuals from Steppe populations from the Bronze age and modern populations from the Caucasus.

[…]

The phenotypic attributes of GD13a are similar to the neighbouring Anatolian early farmers and Caucasus Hunter-Gatherers. Based on diagnostic SNPs, she had dark, black hair and brown eyes (see Supplementary). She lacked the derived variant (rs16891982) of the SLC45A2 gene associated with light skin pigmentation but likely had at least one copy of the derived SLC24A5 allele (rs1426654) associated with the same trait. The derived SLC24A5 variant has been found in both Neolithic farmer and Caucasus Hunter-Gatherer groups5,15,24 suggesting that it was already at appreciable frequency before these populations diverged. Finally, she did not have the most common European variant of the LCT gene (rs4988235) associated with the ability to digest raw milk, consistent with the later emergence of this adaptation5,15,21.

—M. Gallego-Llorente, R. Pinhasi et al.

The genetics of an early Neolithic pastoralist from the Zagros, Iran

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^ So you think skin tone is relevant to Microsatellite FST scaling ???
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
—Egyptsearch

He's mocking the supposed "Afrocentrists" Cass keeps whining about while also making a tongue in cheek jab at Doug
Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^ So you think skin tone is relevant to Microsatellite FST scaling ???

Is that all you got out of that post? It's a bit selective to be honest. [Big Grin]

Tell me, who shows the closest proximity?

-

Dataset preparation for population genetic analyses
Genotypes were called in GD13a at sites which overlapped those in the Human Origins dataset (Lazaridis et al.17, filtered as described in Jones et al.24) using GATK Pileup44.

quote:
whilst PCA also revealed some affinity with modern Central South Asian populations such as Balochi, Makrani and Brahui (Fig. 1A and Fig. S4)
quote:
The mitochondria of GD13a (91.74X) was assigned to haplogroup X, […] and East Africa.

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hypothesis is that you really are a spambot and that your posts are meaningless, Ish Gebor. This is why you refuse to actually construct any kind of argument; it's beyond your programming. [Razz]
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by capra:
My hypothesis is that you really are a spambot and that your posts are meaningless, Ish Gebor. This is why you refuse to actually construct any kind of argument; it's beyond your programming. [Razz]

It's a "hypothesis". It's all good.

Boolean ()
YES.

"it's beyond your programming"? I code algorithms. Do you see the pattern?

quote:
The mitochondria of GD13a (91.74X) was assigned to haplogroup X, […] and East Africa.
quote:
We computed f3(X, GD13a; Dinka), where X represents a modern population and Dinka, an African population equally related to Eurasians, acts as an outgroup (Fig. S7).

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Copy sentence with keyword: 'Africa'
Copy sentence with keyword: 'Dinka'

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Ish Gebor capra is what I and others have noticed for years you put up quotes but don't clearly state why you are doing it and the exact point you are trying to make.
Either you dont understand what you are putting up or are afraid to take responsibility for forming an opinion.

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This shiit here is knee slapping funny!
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Yes, Geborian Method:
Search for an article on the topic. Then type in some keywords that were being discussed in the forum, search for where the words appear in the article and copy and paste the quotes which have the words.
You don't have to understand it all.

Just follow that procedure and post. Cross your fingers that addresses specific issues raised in the forum conversation, repeat hundreds of times using same material, lolzy

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
Ish Gebor capra is what I and others have noticed for years you put up quotes but don't clearly state why you are doing it and the exact point you are trying to make.
Either you dont understand what you are putting up or are afraid to take responsibility for forming an opinion.

[Eek!]

quote:

Populations for which the ancient Caucasus genomes are best ancestral approximations include those of the Southern Caucasus and interestingly, South and Central Asia. Western Europe tends to be a mix of early farmers and western/eastern hunter-gatherers while Middle Eastern genomes are described as a mix of early farmers and Africans.

[…]

Caucasus hunter-gatherer contribution to subsequent populations. We next explored the extent to which Bichon and CHG contributed to contemporary populations using outgroup f3(African; modern, ancient) statistics, which measure the shared genetic history between an ancient genome and a modern population since they diverged from an African outgroup.

Discussion

Given their geographic origin, it seems likely that CHG and EF are the descendants of early colonists from Africa who stopped south of the Caucasus, in an area stretching south to the Levant and possibly east towards Central and South Asia. WHG, on the other hand, are likely the descendants of a wave that expanded further into Europe. The separation of these populations is one that stretches back before the Holocene, as indicated by local continuity through the Late Palaeolithic/Mesolithic boundary and deep coalescence estimates, which date to around the LGM and earlier.

—Jones, E. R., G. Gonzalez-Fortes, S. Connell, V. Siska, A. Eriksson, R. Martiniano, R. L. McLaughlin, et al. 2015.

“Upper Palaeolithic genomes reveal deep roots of modern Eurasians.” Nature Communications 6 (1): 8912. doi:10.1038/ncomms9912. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ncomms9912.

Close thread/

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Yes, Ish Gebor, modern humans come from Africa. That is the dominant paradigm and all of these genetics papers are based on it.

Are you really posting a hundred pictures of the clear sky in order to prove that it is blue?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, Ish Gebor, modern humans come from Africa. That is the dominant paradigm and all of these genetics papers are based on it.

Are you really posting a hundred pictures of the clear sky in order to prove that it is blue?

Great, we agreed on this.

quote:
Given their geographic origin, it seems likely that CHG and EF are the descendants of early colonists from Africa who stopped south of the Caucasus, in an area stretching south to the Levant and possibly east towards Central and South Asia.

So what else do we have?

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^ Now he's on the rhetorical question thing again, billionth time
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^^ Now he's on the rhetorical question thing again, billionth time

You are way too deep in the capra asshole. You nasty. Is capra a new or old poster? lol
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
keyword:'Beja' - category:'Afroasiatic' - imagetype:map [Razz]

To pass the Turing Test, just present an argument or opinion about the topic.

For instance, "I think Beja's West Eurasian-like ancestry comes from early Nile valley pastoralists who mixed with Wavy Line Pottery/ barbed bone harpoon folks from Sudan, and not from Arabs or whatever."

PS I'm following lioness on this, she was here first.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
keyword:'Beja' - category:'Afroasiatic' - imagetype:map [Razz]

To pass the Turing Test, just present an argument or opinion about the topic.

For instance, "I think Beja's West Eurasian-like ancestry comes from early Nile valley pastoralists who mixed with Wavy Line Pottery/ barbed bone harpoon folks from Sudan, and not from Arabs or whatever."

LOL The irony Afroasiatic origin. Into … ?

quote:

The phenotypic attributes of GD13a are similar to the neighbouring Anatolian early farmers and Caucasus Hunter-Gatherers. Based on diagnostic SNPs, she had dark, black hair and brown eyes (see Supplementary). She lacked the derived variant (rs16891982) of the SLC45A2 gene associated with light skin pigmentation but likely had at least one copy of the derived SLC24A5 allele (rs1426654) associated with the same trait. The derived SLC24A5 variant has been found in both Neolithic farmer and Caucasus Hunter-Gatherer groups5,15,24 suggesting that it was already at appreciable frequency before these populations diverged. Finally, she did not have the most common European variant of the LCT gene (rs4988235) associated with the ability to digest raw milk, consistent with the later emergence of this adaptation5,15,21.

—M. Gallego-Llorente, R. Pinhasi et al.

The genetics of an early Neolithic pastoralist from the Zagros, Iran

Ps, In not ONE post did I see you present anything. You are the least to argue on that.

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Turing Test failed. retry y/n?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Turing Test failed. retry y/n?

LOL Funny coming for some individual how doesn't present a damn thing at all. All I see is virtual vomit.

Okay, lets try it again.

Test, retry:

Afroasiatic origin from where, into … and time position?

-

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
I expressed an opinion above. You quote it and transform the statement into a vague question to keep the pseudo-conversation going.... wait...

You're a chatbot x spambot hybrid! [Embarrassed]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I expressed an opinion above. You quote it and transform the statement into a vague question to keep the pseudo-conversation going.... wait...

You're a chatbot x spambot hybrid! [Embarrassed]

I am waiting for you to answer, amazing blaze.

Let's try it again,

Don't be afraid, it only hurts for a short period. You will survive. [Big Grin]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Basal Eurasian is a hypothetical kind of ancestry from an unknown population that no longer exists but it may have existed

This is still amusing.

quote:
Given their geographic origin, it seems likely that CHG and EF are the descendants of early colonists from Africa who stopped south of the Caucasus, in an area stretching south to the Levant and possibly east towards Central and South Asia.

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
OK, I will make a deal with you: I'll answer the question, but then you have to answer the question too. Not by cutting and pasting something, but in your own words. A real opinion. Doesn't have to be elegantly written or deeply researched, just something.

Deal?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
OK, I will make a deal with you: I'll answer the question, but then you have to answer the question too. Not by cutting and pasting something, but in your own words. A real opinion. Doesn't have to be elegantly written or deeply researched, just something.

Deal?

I always answer question, ignoramus.

PS:

What is wrong with:
"Not by cutting and pasting something, but in your own words"

The comment trend is, when you express your opinion, the question is then prompted to show evidence. I have a busy schedule and I am not always on this website. So I mostly keep it short. Post the sources and let people deal with it. I have no time to go back and forth for days. I invest my time in developing shut etc…

"A real opinion."

I certainly have options, but I am afraid you will not like them. lol
Not that I consider it my problem anyway. [Big Grin]

Now, answer my question.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

Now, answer my question.

Afroasiatic origin from where, into … and time position? [/QB]

Your question isn't clear because of the incredibly bad grammar. Please write a grammatically proper sentence so capra can answer your question. It's not too much to prove you're not a bot algorithm.
You don't even have a subject in the sentence.

Mansamusa
Member # 22474

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansamusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This site is full of drama and characters. But I am figuring out if one can stick around long enough and learn to sift through the BS, one can actually learn a thing or two.

And besides, it can be so God-damned entertaining!

Posts: 288 | From: Asia | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Now, answer my question.

Your question isn't clear because of the incredibly bad grammar. Please write a grammatically proper sentence so capra can answer your question. It's not too much to prove you're not a bot algorithm.
You don't even have a subject in the sentence. [/QB]

LOL At this irrelevant euroloon babble box, known as lying-ass. If you truly had acknowledge on the subject you would have seen within an instance what I meant. It is initially a summary of the map.

quote:
Arabs among Nubians of the Sudan may be due to the gene flow form Afro-Asiatic into this Nilo-Saharan group
Arabic is Semitic, which is a branch of Afrasan. Afrasan was taken outside of Africa. The origin of Afrasan is as Lake Nuba, and has more variation within Africa than anywhere else.

quote:
Available data on the distribution of the persistent G−13915 allele in African and Arab populations12,13 suggests that the lactase‐persistence trait was most likely brought from Africa to the Arabian Peninsula.23,24 Enrichment of only one persistent allele covering most of the Arabian Peninsula is most likely due to ancient selection, which has been further strengthened by recent founder effects due to the tradition of consanguineous marriages in Saudi populations and to genetic drift. However, owing to multiple migrations between Africa and Arabia one cannot exclude the reverse possibility that the G−13915 allele was imported from the Middle East to Eastern African populations.23,24,25
—F Imtiaz, et al.

The T/G−13915 variant upstream of the lactase gene (LCT) is the founder allele of lactase persistence in an urban Saudi population

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mansamusa:
quote:

This site is full of drama and characters. But I am figuring out if one can stick around long enough and learn to sift through the BS, one can actually learn a thing or two.

And besides, it can be so God-damned entertaining!

What is dramatical and entertaining for a character is when your location says Asia and your screen name says Mansa Musa. That is pure comedy.

Is there a possibility the REAL Mansa Musa spoke a branch of Afrasan? [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com