EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Kostenki14 was NOT Caucasoid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kostenki14 was NOT Caucasoid
Cass/
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass/   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://eurogenes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/kostenki14-morphologically-caucasoid.html

Thoughts? Anyone have access to the paper? I'll post something on the morphology later. I dispute the claims in this study.

Posts: 733 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the paper. Posted excerpts fom it on Davidski. He did not like what I posted and deleted it.

IIRC the new interpretation was based upon. re-measurement of the nose bridge. But everything else remained the same. because the nose was higher the authors want to reclassify KOS14 as "Caucasoid" . But extreme prognathism remains unchanged and KOS14 had shovel teeth but not as extreme as East Asians. KOS14 is exact what he should look like back then without extreme differentiation or adaptation. Carrying all characteristics

Posts: 9581 | From: Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was informed that Kostenki means 'little bones'. Any indication of Pygmy/Pygmoid skeletons?
Posts: 1619 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anthropologically he was classified as Negroid Melanesians....Whatever that means...back then 1947ish?

quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
I was informed that Kostenki means 'little bones'. Any indication of Pygmy/Pygmoid skeletons?

Posts: 9581 | From: Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Thanks xyyman.
Posts: 1619 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
27ka skeleton Japan - Jomon/Pygmoid-Papuan? Ainu/Caucasoid? Asian/Mongoloid? See photo.

http://cuevadelapileta.blogspot.com/2017/05/japans-oldest-human-skeleton-found-in.html

A human skeleton thought to be the oldest in Japan has been found in a collapsed cave in Okinawa, a local museum said Friday, adding that it appears to be around 27,000 years old.

The nearly complete skeleton, dating from the Old Stone Age, appears to have been intentionally placed in the cave, providing the first evidence of a funerary rite dating from that period, according to the Okinawa Prefecture Archeological Center.

Previously, the oldest human bones discovered in Japan were a set dating from around 22,000 years ago that were found in the southern part of Okinawa Island.

The skeleton was discovered in Shirahosaonetabaru cave on Ishigaki Island during research at the site from 2010 to 2016.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com