EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » the claims of a brother named Reggie; "Mountains of the Moon"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the claims of a brother named Reggie; "Mountains of the Moon"
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see LINK for slideshow

https://www.slideshare.net/africaonline1/primary-evidence-ancient-egyptians-came-from-inner-africa

-

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Ben is mentioned. Spidey sense tingling. Wasn't Dr Ben supposed to be in the middle of that "blacksmiths of Horus from the south" text that no one was able to find upon closer inspection?
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THe slide show supposedly vindicates Dr. Ben. You have to look at the details. This is a new analysis discussing a stela not talked about up until this point in 2014 where Brother Reggie analyzes the Famine Stela
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No thanks. I'll let you go first and go through the trouble of reading that. I stopped when I saw Dr Ben's name. Report back here and let us know when you're done (or when Dr Ben's ancient texts surface) if it's worth looking into.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^Better not insult Dr.Ben you're already suspect of being a Hamite supporter... [Wink]
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
@Jari

Lol. I can take their misrepresentations. It's not coming from anyone whose posts I respect, anyway. These intellectual midgets are like flies buzzing around in front of me. I just swat them to the side and keep it moving. Time and history are on my side anyway. Textbooks and other sources dealing with AE affinity are going to lump them with the flat earthers in a couple of years. Lol.

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick synop. The source of the Nile is called the land of the ancestors in the Famine Stele.

http://grandmotherafrica.com/africa-resolved-crises-lessons-famine-stela/

Unroll the Souls of Re, I shall be guided by them.” He departed, he returned to me quickly, He let me know the flow of Hapy, His shores and all the things they contain. He disclosed to me the hidden wonders, To which the ancestors had made their way, And no king had equaled them since. He said to me: “There is a town in the midst of the deep, Surrounded by Hapy, Yebu by name; It is first of the first, First nome to Wawat, Earthly elevation, celestial hill, Seat of Re when he prepares To give life to every face.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Since lioness hasn't said anything about it so far, might as well add my own comments.

For lurkers who don't know what to think, the excerpt above is talking about the island Elephantine ("Yebu", "surrounded by the Nile", "first nome to Wawat", etc. etc.). There is nothing in that excerpt talking about "Mountain of the Moon". The excerpt is part of a decree issued by Djoser (and written from the viewpoint of Djoser) to his official stationed at Elephantine (named Mesir). It's not the "first epic conversation between God and man where the origin of the ancestors was revealed", although this document does describe (at a later point in the text) a conversation between an Egyptian deity and Djoser that has nothing to do with the claims being made. There is no agreement that the document is older than the Ptolemaic dynasty.

Also, the excerpt talks about ancestors going over to sites along the Nile river (i.e. "to which the ancestors had made their way"); it says nothing about ancestors migrating from those supposedly "inner African" sites, to Egypt. The setting in which the descriptions take place is immediately south of what was then the Egyptian border area between AE and Lower Nubia.

sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
Since lioness hasn't said anything about it so far, might as well add my own comments.

For lurkers who don't know what to think, the excerpt above is talking about the island Elephantine ("Yebu", "surrounded by the Nile", "first nome to Wawat", etc. etc.). There is nothing in that excerpt talking about "Mountain of the Moon". The excerpt is part of a decree issued by Djoser (and written from the viewpoint of Djoser) to his official stationed at Elephantine (named Mesir). It's not the "first epic conversation between God and man where the origin of the ancestors was revealed", although it does describe (at a later point in the text) a conversation between an Egyptian deity and Djoser that has nothing to do with the claims being made.

Also, the excerpt talks about ancestors going over to sites along the Nile river (i.e. "to which the ancestors had made their way"); it says nothing about ancestors migrating from those supposedly "inner African" sites, to Egypt. The setting in which the descriptions take place is immediately south of what was then the Egyptian border area between AE and Lower Nubia.

Thanks for this, Swenet.

People really should stop trying to take Egypt out of North Africa - Northern Sudan and Egypt. They should Just keep it within the Upper Nile valley.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Glad you had use for my "Hamiticist" comments on this slideshow. [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com