EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Is black "indigenously African" or "tropically adapted"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is black "indigenously African" or "tropically adapted"
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've begun to notice that there's a bit of an unanswered question: whether or not black is reflective of tropical and/or subtropical adaptation or if blackness is reflective of African heritage and genetics?

-

Is this Andaman Islander black or not black?

-

Is this Solomon islander black or not black? Would telling people they are thousands of years removed from Africans change attitudes people would have walking along the street that they're black?

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black is not was not will not be restricted to Africa.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Concerned member of public
Banned
Member # 22355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Concerned member of public   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Native ethnic groups/populations from the tropics are dark brown ('black') in pigmentation. If you look at reflectance spectroscopy (685 nm) they all have skin reflectance values of under 50%, while ethnic groups/populations above the tropics reflect more than 50%.
Posts: 949 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cass/:
Native ethnic groups/populations from the tropics are dark brown ('black') in pigmentation. If you look at reflectance spectroscopy (685 nm) they all have skin reflectance values of under 50%, while ethnic groups/populations above the tropics reflect more than 50%.

That's all nice and dandy. But what about the intermingling of ethnic groups and migrations of ethnic groups? Hmmmm? lol smh
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone uses that term in their own personal way, you won't get to the bottom of it, check the first abusir mummy thread for more info
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, I just bought through iTunes a song ("Melanesian Beauty") by an artist named "Briixie" (you can check out his work here). I think the guy is Papuan or some other Melanesian ethnicity, but you can tell there's a very strong reggae influence when listening to the song. I dunno how the majority of Melanesian or Negrito people identify, but it made me wonder if the modern idea of "blackness" has created a cultural association between them and African/Afro-Diasporan people despite the very real genetic (not to mention geographic) populations. It would be as if "blackness" can be a social or cultural grouping that transcends the underlying population substructures.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"black' is a term devised by Europeans to separate Africans from what most of them are, brown.
Brown is a much larger category if you include most Africans in it.

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern?

Over a thousand years ago
the Zanj knew the 'Indonesian'
region as black not 'black'.

Al~Jahiz put it on record.

At university I knew a New
Guinea man. He told us he
is black but wouldn't join
our ASA because not
African.

An interesting read is Doc Ben's
They all look alike! all of them? 2 vols.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Modern?

what is your reference that the Arab writer Al-Jahiz said something about the Indonesian region ?
Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Modern?

At university I knew a New
Guinea man. He told us he
is black but wouldn't join
our ASA because not
African.

An interesting read is Doc Ben's
They all look alike! all of them? 2 vols.

Logically, they were part of the Islamic spread as they migrated along.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
"black' is a term devised by Europeans to separate Africans from what most of them are, brown.
Brown is a much larger category if you include most Africans in it.

I can't believe the Lioness wrote this.

Tell, who hacked Lioness computer?

Tukuler
Member # 19944

True.

Zanj set themselves up as merchantmen
in the Abbasid homeland. Basra was a
boomtown in the 8th century when
trade with Indonesia was established.

al~Jahiz wrote down Zanj opinions on
colour matters in the 9th century. It
may well be the first Afrocentric
view on global blacks not related
biologically but socially. It
indicated growing racial animosity.

That same century? Well, we know what happened.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Oshun

When you write 'tropically adapted'
does tropical mean climate or
does tropical mean zodiacal latitude?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say neither because you can find black people outside of Africa and you can find non-black people in the tropics
Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the questioner:
....you can find non-black people in the tropics

like who?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Modern?

Al~Jahiz put it on record. [/qb]

I know it's not May 28th yet but where's the record of the Arab writer Al-Jahiz saying that the Zanj knew Indonesians to be black?

quote:
If I suggested for one week
May 28 through June 3rd

• no slander
• full citations of sources
• repeating in your own words
what you dispute to make sure
you understand a poster's view
• leaving genetics alone when
it's clear you're not up to speed

would you come to that ES party? [/qb]

Mansamusa
Member # 22474

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansamusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read Razib Khan's blog about the genome sequencing of five middle bronze age Canananites/ Sidonians. They lacked the gene for lightskin, which would mean they were darker-skinned individuals:

'Selection has continued, so that alleles for lactose tolerance and lighter skin have changed in frequency even since that period. The derived allele for SLC45A2 is found at about 2/3 frequency in modern Lebanon, but was absent in these five Sidonians. Though the sample size is small, this was somewhat surprising, and suggests that they were a swarthier people than modern Lebanese.''

Bronze Age Canaanite DNA

Posts: 288 | From: Asia | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
....you can find non-black people in the tropics

like who?
like these people
 -

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oshun

When you write 'tropically adapted'
does tropical mean climate or
does tropical mean zodiacal latitude?

Honestly I'm not sure. Much of the features black have are said to have formed as part of "tropical adaptions." I'm not entirely sure what is meant by that with respect to your question.

quote:
I say neither because you can find black people outside of Africa and you can find non-black people in the tropics

I said tropically adapted. I didn't say they had to live in the tropics.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
True.

Zanj set themselves up as merchantmen
in the Abbasid homeland. Basra was a
boomtown in the 8th century when
trade with Indonesia was established.

al~Jahiz wrote down Zanj opinions on
colour matters in the 9th century. It
may well be the first Afrocentric
view on global blacks not related
biologically but socially. It
indicated growing racial animosity.

That same century? Well, we know what happened.

Had this continued, the world would have looked much different now. Why do you think it indicated growing racial animosity, instead of harmony?

It also may explain all the genetic intermingling we see. It was a time of turbulence in terms of migration and trans-migration. I find it funny how "western scientists" never mention this period in their genetic studies. I think it is incompetence. But it also could be done willingly.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
Why do you think it indicated growing racial animosity, instead of harmony?

The very title of that book The superiority of
Blacks over Whites
and instance after instance
of prejudice, bias, and discrimination in its pages.

To see why I ignored theLioness see her thread
AL-JAHIZ on who is black who is white
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=next_topic;f=15;t=010799;go=older

I ain't no mouse for no cat to toy with.

al~Jahiz also wrote, or said he would write
a book voicing whites' views and there're
extant rabid anti-black qoutes from him
made by whites of the red Arabs.

Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real tawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so then all light/white skin people could be called "White" according to your asinine logic. This Japanese is White then.

-

Afrocentrists are dumb

Posts: 507 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Real tawk:
so then all light/white skin people could be called "White" according to your asinine logic. This Japanese is White then.

-

Afrocentrists are dumb

The distance between these African populations and intermediacy is closer then a Yellowish Japanese to a European.

quote:
To resolve the controversy, researchers Nakagome et al. (2015) identified the differences between the Ainu people (direct descendants of indigenous Jomon) with Chinese from Beijing (same ancestry as Yayoi).
Joseph Caspermeyer
Mol Biol Evol (2015) 32 (7): 1913. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/molbev/msv074

New Genetic Evidence Resolves Origins of Modern Japanese

Eurocentrist are dumb! White ignorance is hilarious.

-

-

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:

-

Afrocentrists are dumb

This is a ridiculous comparisson. Just because people with darker tones and curlier hair are often relegated to being black does not mean Europeans allowed anyone with white skin to be called white. The first event does not rely on the second.
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:

quote:

I said tropically adapted. I didn't say they had to live in the tropics.
Im not following you......
what do you mean by "adapted"?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/a95c8171a012fe9881ed78c10a7a53a91244997550_full.jpg

Afrocentrists are dumb

Bahariyya E-V22 score = 21,95%

-

Mixed Ethiopiansa E-V22 score = 25.00%

—Fulvio Cruciani (2007)

Fulani E-V22 score = 27.2%

E-V22 accounts for 27.2% and its highest frequency appears to be among Fulani, but it is also common in Nilo-Saharan speaking groups.

--Hisham Y. Hassan, Peter A. Underhill, Luca L. Cavalli-Sforza, and Muntaser E. Ibrahim

Y-Chromosome Variation Among Sudanese: Restricted Gene Flow, Concordance With Language, Geography, and History

Somalia E-M78 score = 52.17%

Southern Egyptiansa E-M78 score = 50.63

Borana/Oromo (Kenya/Ethiopia) E-M78 score = 40.63%

Moroccan Arabsa E-M78 score = 40.00%

Mixed Ethiopiansa E-M78 score = 33.33%

Northern Egyptians (Delta) E-M78 score = 23.61

—Fulvio Cruciani (2007)

Masalit and Fur E-M78 score = 74.5%

"E-M78 represents 74.5% of haplogroup E, the highest frequencies observed in Masalit and Fur populations…."

—Hisham Y. et al (2008)

Eurocentrists are dumb!!!!

Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
quote:

-

Afrocentrists are dumb

This is a ridiculous comparisson. Just because people with darker tones and curlier hair are often relegated to being black does not mean Europeans allowed anyone with white skin to be called white. The first event does not rely on the second.
It's not what momma don't allow its what it is.

Classic Japanese romantic literature is full
of white girls like the one pictured. Then in
Indonesia you have the White Chinese.
Europeans have no monopoly on
white complexions.

quote:
why are Asians yellow? When I look at my skin, it doesn’t look yellow to me. If anything, it looks olive and if I’ve been in the sun at all, it’s brown. So if I’m not yellow-skinned, where does that idea come from?

Apparently, we can blame a German professor from the
19th century. Johann Friedrich Blumenbach (1752–1840).

In the years since good old Professor Blumenbach, the idea of Asians as yellow has been ingrained in our heads.

Surreal Squawking people are out to bait
despite any plain evidence that exists.
They had nothing to say against Lucy
Liu repping #2 white skin here
 -

Yes, that Japanese girl is white.
Got nothing to do with European
though we know both share Laz'
ANE.

and that's how I see it
each to their own

for more opinions check
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-yellow-an-offensive-term-in-the-United-States-when-used-to-describe-someone-of-East-Asian-descent-while-it-is-inoffensive-to-refer-to-someone-of-Caucas ian-descent-as-white-or-someone-of-African-descent-as-black

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-said-that-East-Asians-have-yellow-skin

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

Afrocentrists are dumb

The Japanese are closer to being white today than the Irish and Italians were 100 years ago.
Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb] so then all light/white skin people could be called "White" according to your asinine logic. This Japanese is White then.

-

Afrocentrists are dumb

The distance between these African populations and intermediacy is closer then a Yellowish Japanese to a European.

Not genetically, nor is this girl yellowish
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.

First it is
quote:
Brenna Henn, in this 2014 interview on population genetics and population structure, considering African populations.

“African populations have the most genetic diversity in the world,” Henn said.“ If you compared people from the Kalahari Desert to people from Mali, they’d be as different from each other [genetically] as Italians and Chinese people.”

Then it is:

quote:

So which is it?
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I've begun to notice that there's a bit of an unanswered question: whether or not black is reflective of tropical and/or subtropical adaptation or if blackness is reflective of African heritage and genetics?

-

According to Tukular, Doug and Clyde "black" is a certain range of brown skin tones and nothing else.

So only if a tropically proportioned person, African or other type of person falls into this unmeasured but talked about range of browns are they black. If such person does not fall into this range of browns they are not black.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

You know you are a liar.

I speak for myself.

My unique views
seen through Afrikan eyes
stem from MY researches
and life experience.

I belong to no cabal.

There is no ES poster
I have not openly
disagreed with.

Just recently I bumped
my definition of black
in prescience of small
minded muckrakers lies
which are now de rigueur
thanks to the Ghostly Trio.

quote:

My point is until last century or
so nearly all the peoples mentioned
were recognized as blacks whereas
today only people descended from
or at the source of western hemi
sphere transported enslaved Africans
are called blacks.

I maintain indigenous Africans,
some Arabs, large numbers of
Indians, m[any] Indo-Chinese and
of course Papuans and Melanesians
are black people regardless of
only remote genetic affiliation.

I do not recognize sociological
blacks (people of only minute
antecents of the above listed)
as [anthropological] blacks. I don't go for
nonsense as blacks passing for
white. They are not [anthropological] blacks
immediately identifiable as of
one of the black peoples.

I do recognize such sociological
blacks right to self-identify as
black though physically they are
not black.

quote:

Yes people black is color!

Well black is a color not a facial cast
or body shape. I limit it to Old World
peoples and include any hybrids of
majority descent from a black people.

Black is by no means the same as
negro in English which is restrictive.

Two centuries ago Euros introduced
the concept "black but not negro"
which today is modified to "black
means negro" where negro is an
extreme phenotype supposedly West
African.

Because black is a skin colour type
most African, some Arabs, many Indians,
etc cannot escape the black label
and outside of Euro countries such
people are still black. Eg. decades
ago during the Jesse Jackson mediated
Iran hostage crisis the Iranians said
they would release the blacks. They
then freed an Indian and a Black
American, the Black American decided
to remain a hostage with American
loyalty that superceded colour.

Bottomline: yes there are many black races,
not one global recently related black race

the difference in actual dark skin
and sunburnt light skin in [theLioness']
agenda is obvious.

Not to mention [she] focuses on an
individual rather than the group
descent of the individual.

I invite all well meaning comments
and critique, opposing views, as
well as requests for clarification,
expanding, or precising my
actual written words but
not what somebody
said I said.

Above quotes from

When & why did they stop being black? Says who?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009157

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

thanks to the Ghostly Trio.

codes
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] so then all light/white skin people could be called "White" according to your asinine logic. This Japanese is White then.

-

Afrocentrists are dumb

Not genetically, nor is this girl yellowish
People like her are being described as yellowish. I didn't come up with this. Beside that fact, there are dark skinned Japanese as well. So Real Quack losses on both sides. And if Real Quack really was that bright, he would have posted on her ethnic background too.

And I see Tukuler posted on that already.

Lastly, there are indeed whites who claim her as being "white" and connecting this to the "race intelligence" theory. I remember this incident from years ago.

-  -

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-

According to Tukular, Doug and Clyde "black" is a certain range of brown skin tones and nothing else.

So only if a tropically proportioned person, African or other type of person falls into this unmeasured but talked about range of browns are they black. If such person does not fall into this range of browns they are not black.

The funny part is that this picture collage debunks your notion on many levels. First and foremost is your "World Skin Tone Equator Chart" theory. [Big Grin]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008651

Secondly we have Arabic descriptors on color complexion. [Big Grin]

Remember how you became an expert on classical Arabic over night?
Trying to discuss color descriptors in Arabic language.

By the way this thread was created by to same ignorant dumb fool Real Quack.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=007061;p=1

Then this? lol smh

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004950;p=2#000084

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
In your own words exactly what are you saying the above picture debunks? I don't know what you are talking about
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
In your own words exactly what are you saying the above picture debunks? I don't know what you are talking about

Your "World Skin Tone Equator Chart" theory. Is that not clear enough for you? [Roll Eyes]

Now in your own words, in what range is your color complexion?

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Why do you think it indicated growing racial animosity, instead of harmony?

The very title of that book The superiority of
Blacks over Whites
and instance after instance
of prejudice, bias, and discrimination in its pages.

To see why I ignored theLioness see her thread
AL-JAHIZ on who is black who is white
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=next_topic;f=15;t=010799;go=older

I ain't no mouse for no cat to toy with.

al~Jahiz also wrote, or said he would write
a book voicing whites' views and there're
extant rabid anti-black qoutes from him
made by whites of the red Arabs.

Yeah, I see now. I overlooked that part.

This needs closer inspection on Arabic terminology.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Your "World Skin Tone Equator Chart" theory. Is that not clear enough for you? [Roll Eyes]

No a "World Skin Tone Equator Chart" is not enough.

Suppose we were looking at that chart, what is the theory

and why do you believe the theory is wrong?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
Hmmm.

First it is
quote:
Brenna Henn, in this 2014 interview on population genetics and population structure, considering African populations.

“African populations have the most genetic diversity in the world,” Henn said.“ If you compared people from the Kalahari Desert to people from Mali, they’d be as different from each other [genetically] as Italians and Chinese people.”

Then it is:

quote:

So which is it?

It's both of course. Everything is relative. They share the "deepest" clades and separate in "younger" clades.

The following sums up everything you've been saying for the last couple of years:

quote:
African and Middle Eastern populations shared the greatest number of alleles absent from all other populations (fig. S6B).

Within Africa, the most private alleles were in southern Africa, reflecting those in southern African Khoesan (SAK) San and !Xun/Khwe populations (fig. S6C) (12).

Eastern and Saharan Africans shared the most alleles absent from other African populations examined (fig. S6D).

—Sarah A. Tishkoff et al.
The Genetic Structure and History of Africans and African Americans

quote:
In contrast, the ancestors of the non-Khoisan groups, including Bantu-speakers and non-Africans, experienced population declines after the split and lost more than half of their genetic diversity.
—Hie Lim Kim et al.
Khoisan hunter-gatherers have been the largest population throughout most of modern-human demographic history

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

According to your "World Skin Tone Equator Chart" theory the color complexions are separated into columns by regions, based on the equator. According to your theory the people you posted in that picture collage can't have the same color complexion or some that comes close. [Big Grin]

This thread was funny too, a bit weird, but never the less:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009224;p=1

Now you answer my question:

In your own words, in what range is your color complexion?

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

According to your "World Skin Tone Equator Chart" theory the color complexions are separated into columns by regions, based on the equator. According to your theory the people you posted in that picture collage can't have the same color complexion or some that comes close. [Big Grin]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008651

Now you answer my question:

Now in your own words, in what range is your color complexion?

-

far left. that's me

I don't know why you always bring up that chart. It just shows mainstream scientific analysis that skin color gets darker nearer to the equator due to higher UV and lighter further away form the equator due to lower UV
That is not my theory it is mainstream science.
The chart is predictive, it assumes people have been living in those various regions long enough to adapt through selection to the extent that it matches the chart. In reality people have been in the various regions for varying periods of time therefore their skin darkness or lightness does generally correspond to proximity to the equator but not strictly and there are some other lesser factors, diet and so on.

-

^^ This other predictive chart shows Africa, where people have been much longer than elsewhere (except Cass' ancestors) and we see the pattern, nearer to the equator people are darker.
People in the upper part of South America, will probably get darker in a few thousand more years although he see the same patten, on the Southern end, further from the equator much lighter

haven't you learned this yet?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I don't know why you always bring up that chart.

I am not the one who brought it up, it was you. You did so multiple times. [Big Grin]

quote:
It just shows mainstream scientific analysis that skin color gets darker nearer to the equator due to higher UV and lighter further away form the equator due to lower UV

So your picture collage comparisons chart is in conflict. Hmmmm

quote:

Still in conflict.

quote:
The chart is predictive, it assumes people have been living in those various regions long enough to adapt through selection to the extent that it matches the chart.

Indeed, it assumes.

quote:
In reality people have been in the various regions for varying periods of time therefore their skin darkness or lightness does generally correspond to proximity to the equator but not strictly and there are some other lesser factors, diet and so on.

Yep, there you go.

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

^^ This other predictive chart shows Africa, where people have been much longer than elsewhere (except Cass' ancestors) and we see the pattern, nearer to the equator people are darker.
People in the upper part of South America, will probably get darker in a few thousand more years although he see the same patten, on the Southern end, further from the equator much lighter

lol The real question is have you?

http://www.afrikanheritage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/faces-of-africa.jpg

-

Kencuffie
Member # 22334

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kencuffie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/hippyjump50/WorldSkinColourMap001.jpg

^^This map also shows indigenous people of Tasmania in the 2nd to last lightest shade,who other than the majority of the presumed oldest indigenous populations of the equator and a few others were (last of fully indigenous no longer in existence)some of the richest melinated people.

A people who have inhabited this climatic causal skin lightening zone from what recent evidence says ,from at least ~40,000 ybp and have had no gene flow from outside populations for at least 8,000 ybp

Tasmania is equidistant to the the equator as to northwest Europe.

So is it easier for skin colour to lighten or to darken due to climatic confines and then what does allele frequency and/or cultural selection play into this reality?

Posts: 1 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Kencuffie:
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/hippyjump50/WorldSkinColourMap001.jpg

^^This map also shows indigenous people of Tasmania in the 2nd to last lightest shade,who other than the majority of the presumed oldest indigenous populations of the equator and a few others were (last of fully indigenous no longer in existence)some of the richest melinated people.

A people who have inhabited this climatic causal skin lightening zone from what recent evidence says ,from at least ~40,000 ybp and have had no gene flow from outside populations for at least 8,000 ybp

Tasmania is equidistant to the the equator as to northwest Europe.

So is it easier for skin colour to lighten or to darken due to climatic confines and then what does allele frequency and/or cultural selection play into this reality?

Thanks for the contribution, this was a nice debut (opening post).
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real tawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In several centuries more people will get lighter. Because of social factors (white skin is preferred over dark skin, thus sexual selection will reflect this) and artificial pressures (humans no longer live out in the open where they are exposed to UV), the future holds in store an entire human population with white skin.

quote:
quote:
 -

lol The real question is have you?

http://www.afrikanheritage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/faces-of-africa.jpg

-

Posts: 507 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
In several centuries more people will get lighter. Because of social factors (white skin is preferred over dark skin, thus sexual selection will reflect this) and artificial pressures (humans no longer live out in the open where they are exposed to UV), the future holds in store an entire human population with white skin.

What you post is irrelevant and complete BOGUS based on social spectrum.

By the way as the climate rises (global warming), there will be more need for to become darker.

You lack logic,...

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=009224;p=1

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com