EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » I have a questions on E1b1a

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a questions on E1b1a
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently read that the yDNA of SSA as to E1b1a is less diverse than compared to those found outside Africa. Autosomally and the mtDNA in SSA is off the charts!!! However E1b1a is the only set of genes not MORE diverse than those found outside Africa. Why is that and what is the significance?
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pereira et al, Underhill et al and Pritchard et al

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is E1b1a?

Use the mutation label.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
I recently read that the yDNA of SSA as to E1b1a is less diverse than compared to those found outside Africa.

quote:

put up the quote please
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
eg Pereira et al 2002

quote: "With respect to the Y-binary markers, gene
diversity was estimated to be 0±442³0±069, much
lower than the average observed for Europeans
(Pereira et al. 2001b)."

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I am running down information on genetic make up of Islands off the coast of west Africa and came across that statement about Africans male lineage being less diverse and followed up with other papers. It seems like E1b1a is ONLY numerous but not diverse. I knew it was young about 5-7000ya and not as old as E1b1b* or yDNA A.

But here is another statement that confirmed my stance that the bantus expansion never occurred. I believe Sao tome and CapeVverde, Canary Islands and Mozambique hold the key to deciphering what happened in the past.
Quote:
"The western and eastern waves of Bantu migration seem to have shared a common founder set, but differ in haplotype frequencies, being slightly more diverse in the east"

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
eg Pereira et al 2002

quote: "With respect to the Y-binary markers, gene
diversity was estimated to be 0±442³0±069, much
lower than the average observed for Europeans
(Pereira et al. 2001b)." [/qb]

proper citation please, name of the article and periodical, that is not much to ask. I don't know why you skip that all the time, never have to ask Ish for that

quote:

put up the quote please [/QB][/QUOTE]

Also are Underhill l and Pritchard referencing Pereira for that information or is that their own?

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
[qb] If I suggested for one week
May 28 through June 3rd

• no slander
• full citations of sources
• repeating in your own words
what you dispute to make sure
you understand a poster's view
• leaving genetics alone when
it's clear you're not up to speed

would you come to that ES party?

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I am trying to get my hands on this paper

" Chromosome Y STRs analysis and evolutionary aspects for Portuguese speaking countries - Corte-Real

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I was just wondering if all
the admirers of people who
come on here just to pick
fights out of nowhere
would like to see how
well their heroes fare in
civil conversation with the
respect they give white folks
who disagree with them. Betcha
Swenet never said chimp out to
any of them just because they
refused to subscribe to his faith
and cry yes lord I believe to eevery
beatitude he reveals from his high
heavenly throne. His last 'expectation'
strawmans were a piece of ass. You
gonna take somebody to court? The
judge will jail YOU if you don't name
names.

People are not going to stand by
and him lie about them.

There's no moderation and only a
fool would try to mod a forum they
can only delete or move posts and
the owner never calls back.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^ are you referring to anything in this thread? You asked for the mutation label, he ignored it
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
hand over the keys to AMRTU or Bass?

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Get keys from owner.
Now leave me alone
or shell out mutation
labels so people won't
get confused between
2006 and 2017.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But here is another statement that confirmed my stance that the bantus expansion never occurred.

you may be right on that stance to a certain extent

the Bantu migration probably didn't occur from west to east but from east to west
because every African tribe west of the Nile claim their ancestors are from the east

this may also explain the great diversity of the east compared to the west

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not the answer you seek maybe reeeeeeaal simple but not expected.

I won't say what it might be because someone else patented the idea before me so I'll pass the rock to beyoku

What I will say now though is that the pattern is more than solidified in terms of the east-west relationship of e1b1a. There wasn't a mass east-> west Bantu migration, nor vice versa. For the most part both sides of the continent received their share of the Bantu marker from latitudinal migrations.

The Malawi specimen that Thompson(2017) is holding on to will play a key role in understanding what went on.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
There wasn't a mass east-> west Bantu migration, nor vice versa. For the most part both sides of the continent received their share of the Bantu marker from latitudinal migrations.

how did bantu get to be in South Africa or did they start there?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I recently read that the yDNA of SSA as to E1b1a is less diverse than compared to those found outside Africa. Autosomally and the mtDNA in SSA is off the charts!!! However E1b1a is the only set of genes not MORE diverse than those found outside Africa. Why is that and what is the significance?

Punctuated bursts in human male demography inferred from 1,244 worldwide Y-chromosome sequences

G David Poznik ,2016

Of the clades resulting from the four deepest branching events, all but one are exclusive to Africa, and the TMRCA of all non-African lineages (that is, the TMRCA of haplogroups DE and CF) is ~76,000 years (Fig. 1, Supplementary Figs. 18 and 19, Supplementary Table 10, and Supplementary Note). We saw a notable increase in the number of lineages outside Africa ~50–55 kya, perhaps reflecting the geographical expansion and differentiation of Eurasian popula- tions as they settled the vast expanse of these continents. Consistent with previous proposals a parsimonious interpretation of the phylogeny is that the predominant African haplogroup, haplogroup E, arose outside the continent. This model of geographical segregation within the CT clade requires just one continental haplogroup exchange (E to Africa), rather than three (D, C, and F out of Africa). Furthermore, the timing of this putative return to Africa—between the emergence of haplogroup E and its differentiation within Africa by 58 kya—is consistent with proposals, based on non–Y chro- mosome data, of abundant gene flow between Africa and nearby regions of Asia 50–80 kya15.

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
There wasn't a mass east-> west Bantu migration, nor vice versa. For the most part both sides of the continent received their share of the Bantu marker from latitudinal migrations.

how did bantu get to be in South Africa or did they start there?
It's hard for me to put "Bantu" & "start" in the same sentence but what I'm certain of, as far as evidence goes right now is that the south is the one place that it didn't originate. Both sides (east-west) share lineages with the southern Bantu groups though.

And there you go, by process of elimination you can probably put a model or even the whole story together.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
The current distribution of Bantu languages is commonly considered to be a consequence of a relatively recent population expansion (3-5kya) in Central Western Africa. While there is a substantial consensus regarding the centre of origin of Bantu languages (the Benue River Valley, between South East Nigeria and Western Cameroon), the identification of the area from where the population expansion actually started, the relation between the processes leading to the spread of languages and peoples and the relevance of local migratory events remain controversial. In order to shed new light on these aspects, we studied Y chromosome variation in a broad dataset of populations encompassing Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon and Congo. Our results evidence an evolutionary scenario which is more complex than had been previously thought, pointing to a marked differentiation of Cameroonian populations from the rest of the dataset. In fact, in contrast with the current view of Bantu speakers as a homogeneous group of populations, we observed an unexpectedly high level of interpopulation genetic heterogeneity and highlighted previously undetected diversity for lineages associated with the diffusion of Bantu languages (E1b1a (M2) sub-branches). We also detected substantial differences in local demographic histories, which concord with the hypotheses regarding an early diffusion of Bantu languages into the forest area and a subsequent demographic expansion and migration towards eastern and western Africa.
--David Coma et al.

Mol Ecol. 2011 Jul;20(13):2693-708. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-294X.2011.05130.x. Epub 2011 Jun 1.

The Bantu expansion revisited: a new analysis of Y chromosome variation in Central Western Africa.

Not too long ago eurocentricks were claiming:

"E1b1a is an African lineage that expanded from northern Africa to sub-Saharan and equatorial Africa with the Bantu agricultural expansion." (Y-DNA Haplogroup E and its Subclades - 2012)

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For once the answer is in the Bible. Ham is Yam. An ancient nation with a large agricultural population falls to the dying Sahara. People spread in all directions as far east as Russia and as far west as America. I place Yam under the sands of western Chad to Niger.
Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com