EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » My goals for Egyptology forum/Rules(Please read) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My goals for Egyptology forum/Rules(Please read)
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay where do I begin? [Smile]

Before I joined this site I have always been a lurker that fell in love with how posters here provided valuable data on African history and African bio-anthropology. However, we can all agree that the lack of moderating here has left this site especially this section of Egyptology in a decaying state. Punos_Rey has made me mod of the Egyptology section because he alone can not tackle all of Egyptsearch and will need help. I never envisioned myself being mod of this site but here we are. But anyways enough of me rambling on.

My goal for the Egyptology section is to make it great again. My ultimate goal with getting it out of its decaying state and on the level that it can rival other bio-anthropological forums. I want it to be a section where serious African(or non-African) history and bio-anthropology discussions are discussed and only that. I know some of you maybe hesitant to support me as a new mod being that I am a recent member and not a vet. And I completely understand that. But I want to say(like I said before) that I am a mod on another, but also compared to the other mods I am the most less strict and friendly mod on that site(sometimes TOO much). So I want to ease whatever skepticism anyone has about my modship.

Moving on and I want to address this because it is IMPORTANT. As mod I promise that there will be NO repeat NO personal vendattas against other members by me. I know I have gotten into some heated debates against some of you but that is where it ends. Again there will be no personal targets. And if that does occur please report me to Punos Rey. I don't care if you are a moderate, Afrocentric, Eurocentric, Asiancentric or Aliencentric there will be no personal attacks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moving along to the rules:

1. Like I said this section is only for serious African/non-African History and Bio-Anthropological discussions only! Any discussions that do not fit this bill will be moved to the other section. What I mean by "serious" is no off-topic, pseudo-historic/scientific, alternative history, political, trolling,etc,etc topics.

So before you guys create a topic please at least make it fit the theme of this section. [Smile]

2. I know discussions can get heated, but I prefer there to be civil discussions with no insults. I'm very laid back(even on the other site) and will allow many to get away with it. However, if it gets out of control to the point of the topic going nowhere then I will be forced to lock the thread. Which I do not want to do.

3. If you have any problems, wanna report something, etc then please PM me. I will make sure that my PM box is not always full. Also, I want to say that if you guys hardly see me on here do not get worked up or hesitate to PM me... It just means I am busy with work or college but that does not mean I won't be lurking this forum. More importantly when you send me a PM here I also get the PM through my Gmail account which I ALWAYS check. So again do not be hesitant to PM me if you see my activity here has gotten low.

4. But going to back to point 3 and I wanna make this rule CLEAR. Reporting members due to personal vendettas will NOT repeat will NOT be tolerated

5. Images that are large to the point of making topics inactive will be changed to link form. Please try not to post incredibly images that make the topic hard for people to read and post.

6. People I see spamming threads(large images/large texts) for the purpose of ruining said thread, I will make SURE that same person gets banned and quickly. This is a rule that I will enforce thoroughly. This is because I view Egyptsearch as a library and many people even lurkers like reading through the discussions here. And I know many people who say they are lurkers and just like the read the threads here. People who spam threads to ruin them take that quality charm about Egyptsearch away. So you all may want to read this rule, because it is my strictest one yet.

7. After reviewing this rule with posters who vouched for it, I am finally adding rule #7. This rule is not only to get discussions/debates circulating more, but more importantly to flush out the trolling and spamming. If you are posting any content/material please at commentary of some sort especially if you are replying to someone. Otherwise, it will be seen as trolling/spamming. As for making threads, this is also important. Don't just make a thread with no commentary we want to know YOUR THOUGHTS on it, otherwise the thread will go nowhere and it will just be taking up space.

Anyways, those are the rules for now. And if you guys have any suggestions then please let me know. I hope we all can change this forum around.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coup-de-tait(sp). No thesaurus close by
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
coup-de-tait(sp). No thesaurus close by

Please list any negatives you may have against me as mod.

Admin Note: xyyman can contact me directly if he has issues with your modship, not your personality.

[ 02. June 2017, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Punos_Rey ]

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Props...BBH, The Forum is in good hands!

BTW, could we get moderation on racist content, both anti-Black and Anti-White racism. People calling white folks devils and albinos should get the same treatment as those calling blacks primitive etc.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
Props...BBH, The Forum is in good hands!

BTW, could we get moderation on racist content, both anti-Black and Anti-White racism. People calling white folks devils and albinos should get the same treatment as those calling blacks primitive etc.

Thanks. And yeah, while I did say that ALL views are accepted(Afrocentricism, Eurocentricism,etc), however that does not mean racial slurs are tolerated.
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Piggy backing off of BBH's post...I will be posting a pinned list of forum rules across the different sections. He's covered a lot of ground though. I won't be interfering with his moderation unless actual issues related to his modship arise.

Carry on

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you Punos Rey, though I havent gotten to know you as well I see the forum in Good hands with you as well...

Admin: Thanks, Jari

[ 02. June 2017, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Punos_Rey ]

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HabariTess
Member # 19629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HabariTess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a lurker who just enjoys reading the serious discussions on this site, thank you! I think Egyptsearch can not only gain back their glory days, but become even better than before.
Posts: 116 | From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by HabariTess:
As a lurker who just enjoys reading the serious discussions on this site, thank you! I think Egyptsearch can not only gain back their glory days, but become even better than before.

I hope for that.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really in a position to comment on this site's internal affairs as I'm posting here merely as a 'guest'. (Can't exactly say I'm like minded).

But I wish you guy good luck with taking this site where you (and the members) want to take it.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
(Can't exactly say I'm like minded).

please explain
Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See the three recent Abusir mummy threads. Especially the last one was very informative. I can't say I'm like minded with most people here. But this thread is not about me so let's keep it about BBH and his new status as mod.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
See the three recent Abusir mummy threads. Especially the last one was very informative. I can't say I'm like minded with most people here. But this thread is not about me so let's keep it about BBH and his new status as mod.

I would hope that the forum is not about shaping it toward a particular viewpoint but instead a diversity opinion, all "centrics" and others permitted as long as they don't get derogatory with the slurs etc
Obviously a certain amount of debate generates interest

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
I hope this is not a new version of you we're getting now that you're a mod. Just because you're a mod, you don't have to be kumbaya and pretend that all opinions are equally valid as long as they're friendly.

BTW, did you read BBH's rule 1 of this subforum? I see nothing about "all viewpoints are equally valid as long as they're friendly".

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
I hope this is not a new version of you we're getting now that you're a mod. Just because you're a mod, you don't have to be kumbaya and pretend that all opinions are equally valid as long as they're friendly.

BTW, did you read BBH's rule 1 of this subforum? I see nothing about "all viewpoints are equally valid as long as they're friendly".

I have always believed in a forum all viewpoints should be allowed including valid or invalid ones. Debate is good and the members can debate about what is valid or invalid.
But it has to be done without slurs and personal attacks.
I think the rules here should be just Punos_Rey's rules but with an additional rule that Egyptology forum should be generally pertaining to Egyptology, ancient studies in Egypt and nearby regions and genetics ( a little more broadly) with a little leeway to occasional semi- off topic.
But it's BBH's moderation so we will see what he says. So far I don't any deletion of your posts.
After the elimination the derogatory and insults it doesn't then magically transform the content. So expectations should be realistic, my opinion. Please wait for BBH's remarks

Admin: I left BBH's rules thread up as they reflect his personal style of moderation and the goals he has for Egyptology sub-forum in general. Nothing he has posted has conflicted with my rules that are site-wide. I would also request you pm BBH if you have any questions about his moderation style from another mod's viewpoint.

[ 04. June 2017, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Punos_Rey ]

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Thanks Swenet. Appreciate it. [Smile]

But lets all keep this thread on topic please. Like Punos_Rey the rules I have just reflect my personal style of moderation. This thread is for any suggestions the community of the Egyptology section has that can improve this section.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Ok I understand you better now. You're simply trying to get most potential out of this site (discussions that spark interest regardless of right or wrong). That is one use I can see this site having. Any other uses that you can think of, lioness?

quote:
After the elimination the derogatory and insults it doesn't then magically transform the content. So expectations should be realistic, my opinion. Please wait for BBH's remarks
Thanks for your honesty. There are deeper issues that cannot be addressed with moderation. Glad the old lioness is still in there (somewhere). [Razz]

If BBH and Punos can attract new membership that matches some of the better posters who can balance things out, that would go a long way. Capra is an example of a new and capable poster, in my view.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
I elaborated on rule #1 to be more clear.

But more importantly the rules I have now are placeholders and can be modified in the future(nothing too serious).

For now I'm going to see how they play out. Really hope rule #1 takes off.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Swenet

As for new posters I HOPE Sam opens up registrations OR Punos_Rey himself can accept new members.

I hope PP talked to Sam about this. I mean Sam can make more $$$$$ this way. [Smile]

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I suggest changing the description on

To reflect this forum is for mainstream
Egyptology Africana Etc?

@ tL
What about your forum?
Description fit your vision?
Could it use your updating?

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBH:

Registration has been made easier..for now. Some checks are still in place.

We'll see how it goes.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Tukuler

I apologize if I am not reading you correctly but you want me to change the description on this forum being for mainstream Egyptology/Africana?

@Puno_Reys

That sounds GOOD! More quality posters like Capra are needed. And since we have mods we don't have to worry about a dangerous flood if trolls.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
@BBH

One thing I've always noticed is that membership count keeps going up even though few members come forward. So are they spambots?

quote:

Recent New Members

tific - Member # 22768, 03. June 2017
Suliman - Member # 22767, 02. June 2017
dagonghydraulichose - Member # 22766, 01. June 2017
EgyWolf - Member # 22765, 31. May 2017
Raziocinante - Member # 22764, 30. May 2017

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=directory

Do they have the same IP?

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. Didn't mean to infringe.

Just thought population genetics being
the number one topic, and having it in
the forum description might draw surfers in.

Hey! youze guyz made way for newbies to
come on board, Frickin genius move!!

quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:
@Tukuler

I apologize if I am not reading you correctly but you want me to change the description on this forum being for mainstream Egyptology/Africana?

@Puno_Reys

That sounds GOOD! More quality posters like Capra are needed. And since we have mods we don't have to worry about a dangerous flood if trolls.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Tukuler

You're NOY infringing. This thread is for ALL suggestions. Anyways, your idea is a GOOD idea and I been thinking about that. I don't think we sgould change the entire description but add in genetics. OR we can rename the Egyptology section? [Smile]

Thoughts? We should ask Punos_Rey as he has the most power. Also we should close down all forums(or rename them) besides the Egyptology forum and Ancient one as they have been dead and useless. This site should get a sort revamp. The Ancient Egyptian section should too be renamed.

@Swenet

You should ask Punos_Rey about that. He can most likely tell who is a real account or spam bot.

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
There is a reason all those numbers went up.Swenet/Tukuler/BBH check your inboxes.

I have also updated forum descriptions.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Punos_Rey

Not trying to bug your but how is the custom avi thing working out? I know you said you wanted to implement that. Like that you made a new introduction section for members.

Like I said the other sections should be either deleted or renamed as they no longer serve any purpose and the theme of this site has drastically changed since those sections were created. Just my suggestion.

Just wanna reboot this forum the best way we can.

Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
I'm still working on custom avis. I was able to institute one for admins/mods, but when I try and change my avi I get an error message, so tinkering around with things.

Also members should be able to make custom titles and signatures that will show in future posts. I haven't added the custom titles function for mods and admins who will stay with their actual title.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
^^Yeah I asked because I not only seen you with a custom one(which looks nice) but I notice that I can add a custom one via link. However its not letting me.
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
It WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can have a custom avi! Finally!
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Good, the problem though is I'm not able to change mine once I set it, thats the bug I'm still trying to work out.

--------------------
 -

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Added rule 6 and I think we can ALL agree with this one. No one should have any negatives for rule #6 unless you are a troll.
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we disable the filter for profanity? We are all adults here, furthermore is blocking at the H0m0 in Homosapien and the Sh!t in Cushitic etc.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Beyoku, give me 2 mins and it'll be done. Yeah i saw the problems with the filter earlier smh

Filter has been disabled.

--------------------
 -

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good start you guys, better late than never, heck under new conditions I prolly return to posting in earnest.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Would prefer more historical discussions like the old days. NOT forcing yall but just saying. I have plans to post some interesting historical stuff in the future.
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Just letting yall now I'm still around. Just lurking for the time being.
sam p
Member # 11774

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.

So where do we discuss everything else related to the pyramids, their builders, and Egyptology?

--------------------
Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

Posts: 393 | From: NW Indiana, US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sam p:
OK.

So where do we discuss everything else related to the pyramids, their builders, and Egyptology?

What do you mean? You discuses then here...
sam p
Member # 11774

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I see.

I misunderstood.

--------------------
Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

Posts: 393 | From: NW Indiana, US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Just letting you guys know I changed my name.
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cockaroach or rooster I'll tell one like I tell the other...

I'm not monitoring feelings.
Not deleting/editing posts because someone used badwords. Banter and aggressive posts have always been apart of this forum... that won't change with me. If a post respects the OP or flow of discussion chances are I wont take action.

No tit for tat... If one legitimately feels like they're being harassed aka another persons actions calls for a ban... feel free to report.

I'm no referee... I'm no literary device... don't publicly drag me into personal qualms. Don't dish out what you can't eat yourselves. You don't have to respect each other but respect the board, threads and topics.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
I'm officially ending this. Certain posts have been removed. Any further derailment will again have posts removed.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Moved post

Elite Diasporan can you make a rule prohibiting cut and paste posts that don't make their intention clear?

I'm not talking about the post el Maestro made of course. I'm talking about cut and paste posts that sometimes reek of a provocation, bias and/or bait, but which are disguised it as "purely informational".

If someone takes a position in an ongoing conversation or debate, they should state it clearly in their own words, especially when the topic is polarizing. IMO it shouldn't be allowed to hide behind information and pretend one is not taking a stance on something when sometimes it's clear that they are.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Are you talking about a rule similar to FBD? If so I kinda agree but I'll look into this more when I get a computer.
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Are you talking about a rule similar to FBD? If so I kinda agree but I'll look into this more when I get a computer.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Not sure which rule you mean.

What I'm talking about is posts that match the following description:

*A quote is dropped in the middle of nowhere with no commentary.
*There is no way to understand what the poster is trying to say with the information.
*The post seems to respond to what someone else is saying but doesn't make it clear how the post relates to anything in the conversation (sometimes deliberately to not have to defend the position the person is taking).
*Alternatively, the quote with no commentary may not respond to what someone is saying, but it may just be intended say something controversial in a roundabout way. And in a way that allows them to deny that is what they're doing when backtracking suits them.

I have no problem with just dropping information to inform, with no further commentary. I don't want people to think that is my beef. I have a problem when people are not upfront with an agenda they may have, and when they're using quotes to be able to push information they can't defend or even articulate in their own words. The problem with posting information you can't defend is how can you possibly push information adamantly over many years when you don't even understand it? These posts with no commentary are used to give dated, misleading or false information a platform.

Notice also that most people on this forum state clearly what their positions are. You can compare most people's views here with new information because they're upfront about their predictions (at least initially). They don't hide behind quotes or big name researchers while tacitly pushing false information year in year out. That is how it should be for everyone, no exceptions.

A rule would make it clear to any habitual offenders that what they're doing is trolling.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

C'mon. The man's talking about
passive-aggressive trolling and
we all know it. And we know why
it's allowed and won't be handled
properly as it should.

Passive-aggressive trolling goes
hand in hand with refusing to
answer a question no matter how
many times asked but instead
proceeding to ask more questions
and personally baiting those who
are questioned or whimsically
deleting certain posts.

Pretending not to see this is
going on is merely a front to
condone the actions of the
sole perpetrator.

Time to open a poll
if MGMT cares about
rank&file members,
ie., the ones who
make this forum
intelligent (not
that chat posts
aren't also
informative).

quote:

... dropped in the middle of nowhere with no commentary.

*There is no way to understand what the poster
is trying to say with the information.

*The post seems to respond to what someone else
is saying but doesn't make it clear how the post
relates to anything in the conversation (sometimes
deliberately to not have to defend the position
the person is taking).

*Alternatively, the quote with no commentary may
not respond to what someone is saying, but it may
just be intended say something controversial in a
roundabout way. And in a way that allows them to
deny that is what they're doing when backtracking
suits them.

I have no problem with just dropping information
to inform, with no further commentary.

These posts with no commentary are used to give
dated, misleading or false information a platform.

I propose a ban on posting walls of text of
more than 3 concise to the point paragraphs,
unless logically hi-lited and connected to a
reasoned argument in its ongoing thread.

Opening posts could present a wall of text
without hi-liting or objectives because OP's
start discussion and call for interpretations
leading to debates, what we're here for.

An as is wall of text is OK if broached in
an ongoing thread as tangential news
not intruding on a debate in progress.

Otherwise, unimproved walls of text would get
replaced with a title or a few lines of intro and
a link to source where those interested can
go read it if they want to.

I come here to see what the variety of ESers
have in mind. I can search and read whole
articles and other internet offerings on my
own.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com