EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » KM (k-m) ... again? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: KM (k-m) ... again?
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently moderator tL claims
quote:

Originally posted by the lioness,:

“The Black Land” of Egypt referred to the strip of rich, fertile land along the Nile River. On both sides of the river were the Deshret (Red Lands) the harsh deserts where no one lived and few traveled.

The Egyptians did not call themselves black people

KM is compound to many words indicating black color. However KMt is not compound to a words for "people". One might look at as meaning the Black nation and Deshret as the red territory of desert in Egypt

Clearly tL doesn't know what she's talking about.

Otherwise she'll show where KM is and definitively
demonstrate a breakdown of the scripted word
form of KM in this papyrus. She will do this
without subbing what someone else wrote. She
must support her underlined statement via her
own original thought process or else retract
her statement as a matter of fact vs her
personal opinion. She knows better from the
many many times this was talked about here.

-
 -

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...can those of us who have no idea what the writing says get a translation?
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That will defeat the purpose of this thread.

Please be patient, thx.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna see where this thread goes. This should be good.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^It won't go anywhere, tL is ducking. lol
Cool this comes up now, I learned most of what remember about mdu ntr from here back in the days when I used to lurk.
One of the things that stuck with me as a younging was how the crocodile skin in conjunction with the symbol for "town" described the nation and the croc skin with something else described the people similar to what the Exploerer said in the other thread.
croc skin (Km) means black, and the suffix describes what ever noun, Apparently equating the "black-soil" definition to Km.t insinuates redundancy when they're actually referring to their Nation. eg. you get something like "Land of people of the black land."

There are much more qualified people on here that broke this down or can break it down soundly... just my 2 cents to bump this.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Lol. Give 'er some time.
Weeze all gotta life offline.
Hahaha, Sekhmet is queen of deshret chaos.
The bloodthirsty Ra Eye who at once makes
genocide and protects. Ergo the confusion.

--------------------

Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this settled it
http://www.asarimhotep.com/documentdownloads/could_the_kongo_be_modern_kmt.pdf

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lionese won't be back anytime soon. It's too busy locking popular threads in AE which have attracted the attention of the newly registered.

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter what you think insults another group or does not insult another group.
I go by what a particular group has decided to call themselves formally.
So if you start calling a a group of people "Apples" or "Sickle Cells" or "Cancers", the words by themselves may not be offensive but if the group hasn't chosen to call themselves by such words calling them any such name will not be tolerated.
In the real world as opposed to the internet, when people are dealing with each other face to face this basic respect is so obvious it doesn't even have to be stated.
This thread also is somewhat pointless. It is addressed to someone named tL.
I don't go by tL I go by the lioness. The same person who called me that, when they were moderator threatened to delete my post on the basis I mistakenly had one of the vowels in their name wrong.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Autshumato:
quote:
Originally posted by Narmerthoth:
Lionese won't be back anytime soon. It's too busy locking popular threads in AE which have attracted the attention of the newly registered.

Yes Narmerthoth, I find this 'locking' of threads very strange. Because firstly​, calling someone albino refers to a clinically​ condition and is not an insult. Secondly, unlike the term negro, albino was never used historically to insult people. Lastly, they are not so much 'locking' threads because of terms like negro etc, but because people now prefer to call modern Europeans by their clinical name - and that frustrates most of the "whites" on this Forum.

BTW; Albino means "white", from Latin 'albus'. So I see no reason why it should be banned or locked.

What you've written is absolutely right and just.
Great objective observation.
What's really sad is Lionese participated in the tread by making several posts on the thread topic, but after those posts got revealed as emotional nonsense, the thread was locked.

Sore loser, or the rich kid who can't play the game so decides to take his ball and go home?

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As one will note, any posts I made in thread topics that are now prohibited were rebuttals made at a time when the forum had no rules. Things are being done differently now. The new rules.
Also note, insults directed to the moderator, especially if made by the thread starter is against the rules and will be closed.
The new rules are fairly typical of forums like this but may take some getting used to since it had been going Wild West style for a long time.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Wow!

We have a moderator who
• assists diverting a thread
• making no relevant post to the thread
• promoting beef
• taking an abbreviation as an insult.

All to avoid what every other poster
is expected to do -- engage in
discussing the topic and answering
reasonable requests for precision.

--------------------

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get this thread back on topic people? Its an interesting topic and again I want to see where it goes.

Lioness Tukuler has offered you a civil challenge and to be honest I want to see you two debate.

The reason why I find this topic interesting is because "Authorities" in Egyptology say "Kemet" only means black land. Yet, people like ES who know have to read the word have all said it means black people. I have NOT only seen this on ES but other places and this people used COMPELLING arguments.

So again I wanna see how this plays out. Off-topic posts will be deleted if it continues. Take the albino argument back to the other section.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is about the etymology of km.t. Not lioness' modship or peoples feelings on the word albino. Off topic posts have been removed. Autshumato, consider this your warning.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

I have nothing more to contribute to
this my thread until the diversionary
completely off topic personal matter
and albino slinging posts above are
removed as requested. They are
thread derailers.

And I don't care if a ES mod with
a grudge refuses dialogue on an emphatic
statement she can't support. Guess That's
an ES
MO that will continue, precedent set by
ES moderation itself.

--------------------

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
^So you want the off-topic posts removed?
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asar Imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Meaning of Kemet, Punt, and the Ankh: The Vitality of Bantu Languages

quote:
We will answer once and for all the real meaning behind the name Km.t (Kemet, Egypt) and the Ankh symbol. Many theories have been proposed, but very few actually engage the primary texts and/or African languages. We aim to settle the debates surrounding this issue by looking into the primary script known as sS-md.w-nTr (hieroglyphs) and utilizing the Bantu languages to confirm what we see in the texts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUgvpMwOtVo
Posts: 853 | From: Houston | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... I'd be interested in seeing what Tukuler has on the subject. From what little I know kmt (ME *Kuumat) means "the Black" and further etymology is hypothetical.
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kuumat/Kemet/KMT
Xyuam(b)uat - sieve.mom.body = sky-filtered mother-hut

Xya - sky/shine/skin/external
Xyua - sieve/through/filtered
Ndula - inside/internal (Mbuti)
Dua - 2, divide in two (Malay)

IMO by the Agricultural era, kmt may have had altered meanings, including skintone or soilshade.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Hmm. Kuumat eh? Wonder upon Wonder. Where'd you learn them corrected vowels ?

--------------------

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
^^^ this is the hieroglyph for kemet

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
^^^ this is the hieroglyph for land

i noticed that this symbol is not in the Kemet hieroglyph

-
^^^ this is the hieroglyph for town, village, or nation

so Kemet means black town, black nation, and black village

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
 -
^^^ pharaoh of Egypt

-
^^^ these two symbols mean land
this was the hieroglyph for Egypt the land

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Tukuler
Member # 19944

I like to default translate niwt as community.

For me distinction between khast and niwt is that
of unimproved land vs improved land.

Kemet itself just means black.
It takes a determinative like niwt to tell us what's black.

Kemet also means the complete ultimate sum concept.

You might like the STANDARD DICTIONARY ENTRIES FOR
KM_T thread from 2014.

--------------------

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
we cannot say that kemet means black soil

in ancient times Egypt was known to have black people and black soil so kemet could be referencing any of these things

if the hieroglyph kemet is displayed with a man as the determinate than the word simply means "black man"

--------------------
Questions expose liars

capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Is km.t ever written with just the man determinative? (I know it was sometimes written with man+woman+plural determinative.)
Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by capra:
^^^ Is km.t ever written with just the man determinative? (I know it was sometimes written with man+woman+plural determinative.)

Read the link below>

quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
I thought this settled it
http://www.asarimhotep.com/documentdownloads/could_the_kongo_be_modern_kmt.pdf

Tukuler
Member # 19944

I gave Capra links to our past go rounds on this
Both Swenet and myself ripped that guy a new one
and Clyde buried his methodology. So why external
link instead of linking to the discussions right
here at home. Why use 42T as your foil,

Your conduct is unbecoming.

You avoided me so please stay out of my thread
and please delete your redundant repost of 42T
unless you properly reply to a most easy
demonstration of your familiarity with elementary
hieroglyphics to backup your assertion made in your
Deshret forum that, and I quote, KMt is not compound
to a words for "people".

Thank you

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Recently moderator tL claims
quote:

“The Black Land” of Egypt referred to the strip of rich, fertile land along the Nile River. On both sides of the river were the Deshret (Red Lands) the harsh deserts where no one lived and few traveled.

The Egyptians did not call themselves black people

KM is compound to many words indicating black color. However KMt is not compound to a words for "people". One might look at as meaning the Black nation and Deshret as the red territory of desert in Egypt

Clearly tL doesn't know what she's talking about.

Otherwise she'll show where KM is and definitively
demonstrate a breakdown of the scripted word
form of KM in this papyrus. She will do this
without subbing what someone else wrote. She
must support her underlined statement via her
own original thought process or else retract
her statement as a matter of fact vs her
personal opinion. She knows better from the
many many times this was talked about here.

-
 -

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Forum moderator take note of these last two posts.

quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:

Can we get this thread back on topic people? Its an interesting topic and again I want to see where it goes.

Lioness Tukuler has offered you a civil challenge and to be honest I want to see you two debate.

The reason why I find this topic interesting is because "Authorities" in Egyptology say "Kemet" only means black land. Yet, people like ES who know have to read the word have all said it means black people. I have NOT only seen this on ES but other places and this people used COMPELLING arguments.

So again I wanna see how this plays out.

--------------------

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AncientGebts   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rosetta Stone mentions KM as one of 4 names of Egypt. But the Rosetta Stone also showed that "Mistra-im" is a mistranslation and was never a name of Egypt. But that's not all.

Since I've seen and talked with all of you, I've retranslated the underlying text of the Old and New Testaments.

-
https://www.slideshare.net/LegesseAllyn/amarigna-tigrigna-qal-genesis-volume-i-97564062

-
https://www.slideshare.net/LegesseAllyn/amarigna-tgrigna-qal-genesis-volume-ii

To accomplish it, I utilized the word matching process I developed for my 2014 Rosetta Stone retranslation, which showed (surprisingly) that the ancient Greeks translated the Greek message into the hieroglyphic language 99.9% accurately.

-
https://www.slideshare.net/LegesseAllyn/amarigna-tigrigna-qal-rosetta-stone

Also, retranslating from modern "block" Hebrew would not give an accurate retranslation. So I contacted Jeff Benner of the Ancient Hebrew Resource Center (www.ancient-hebrew.org) who gave me written permission to utilize his Torah in the written character style of the Dead Sea scrolls, his "Ancient Hebrew Torah."

-
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/bookstore/book_aht.html

So with the process and the Torah in characters of the Dead Sea scrolls, I was able to accomplish the retranslation. Not only of the Torah books and Old Testament in general, but also of the New Testament (Peshitta) in Aramaic (see https://theholyaramaicscriptures.weebly.com).

It turns out that both the Old and New Testaments are actually mistranslations of 3400 year-old ancient Egyptian farming/granary grain sales reports... not religion. But the mistranslation into religion was intentional, the evidence showing it was likely done by the ancient Romans... but we won't get into that here.

Also, and more importantly, the retranslation shows that so-called ancient Hebrew, Proto-Sinaitic, and ancient written Aramaic are all simply ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Additionally, all the words, the context and the content of both the underlying text of the Old Testament and New Testament is the same -- farm reports. But since the Yafo/Dead Sea region was part of ancient Egypt, it only makes sense they wrote in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, although a limited and simplified form.

-

For those who do not know, archaeologists have excavated an Egyptian fortress in the Yafo, Tel Aviv harbor and have proof the Yafo/Dead Sea region of Egypt was important for its grain and granaries. This is documented in a paper by UCLA professor Aaron A. Burke and Krystal Lords (link).

-
The gate into the Yafo Egyptian fortress (Courtesy Aaron Burke)

-
A digital reconstruction for the Yafo Egyptian fortress (Courtesy Aaron Burke)

That's not all. This KM word repeatedly came up in the retranslations of both the Old and New Testaments. And while I published the word as meaning the qin/"honest", I still am not entirely confident of what the name means.

What I do know is the following...
  • The farm reports are of the Middle East Yafo/Dead Sea region of ancient Egypt where it seems that most of ancient Egypt's grain was grown, recorded in the Rosetta Stone as the Egyptian Tisha ("countryside")
  • The farm reports discuss merchants coming from what appears to be the Nile Valley and Nile Delta regions of ancient Egypt
  • Many times the merchants were referred to as this KM word I translated into qin/"honest"
I don't like doing names because names seem to be so subjective. Suspecting the QN was KM name, I was nervous about being wrong, yet I published it anyways.

-

Posts: 751 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo this is some Interesting shit... how long have you been sitting on this?
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AncientGebts   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elmaestro, thanks. I tried in 2012 to do a retranslation, before I did the Rosetta Stone re-translation in 2014. But nothing made sense, since I was trying to retranslate from modern block Hebrew letters -- and not the hieroglyphs of the Dead Sea region of ancient Egypt represented in the Dead Sea scrolls.

As Jeff Benner explains...

"Throughout the codex Leningrad the vowel sound 'o' is represented by a dot placed over a letter. For instance the Hebrew word for 'no', as it appears in the codex, is לֹא (lo). The dot above the text, called a hholam, represents the vowel sound 'o'. These dots and dashes (called nikkudot, nikkud in the singular) were created by the Masorites during the time the codex Leningrad was written."
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/aht/0_about.html

But not only that...

"From the vast amount of manuscripts unearthed in the Dead Sea Caves it has been discovered that the letters waw and yud (and to a lesser extent the letters hey and aleph) were widely used as vowels. But when and why they were removed from the text and replaced with the nikkudot appears to be a mystery."

The issue turned out to be, Elmaestro, some of the ו that can represent a vowel pronunciation sound can also represent an H sound. And because H is also related to Q/K/G/J/etc., the ו can represent consonants, too.

As Jeff Benner goes on to say...

"From the vast amount of manuscripts unearthed in the Dead Sea Caves it has been discovered that the letters waw and yud (and to a lesser extent the letters hey and aleph) were widely used as vowels."

For example, on th page above the word kea/"and," which uses the ו Dead Sea style hieroglyph as a K, often followed by a vowel. But this is the same in the Rosetta Stone and, in fact, the kea hieroglyph I use in the Bible retranslations is the Rosetta Stone hieroglyph for kea/"and."

Even the name Yafo, which in Numbers uses the word qofo for "granary" (grain storage vault), the Q is represented by the ו Dead Sea style hieroglyph. That means the name Yafo is actually Qofo. You can see this A/H/Y/Q/K/J relationship in the Arab pronunciation of Yafo, pronounced Jaffa.

This is why Jeff Benner's "Ancient Hebrew Bible" was so important to this successful retranslation. Because Jeff changed all the dots (hholam and hhireq nikkud) back to letters in order to attempt to restore the text to its pre-Masoretic state, as in the Dead Sea scrolls.

Because of that, I can now see all the letters to match the words.

Jeff gave me permission to reprint his "Ancient Hebrew Bible" the end of this past November (2017) and it took me until March of this year to do the retranslation of the underlying text of what's become Genesis chapters 1 and 2. The underlying text of chapters 3 and 4 took until May.

It takes so long per "chapter" because the words don't match the traditional translations. Since I couldn't rely on the traditional translations, I had to rely almost entirely on the Morfix Hebrew online translator based in Israel (http://www.morfix.co.il/en/), copying modern block Hebrew words into the translator from the Mechon-Mamre Hebrew-English Bible (http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm/). Also, I used the Scripture4all mechanical translation to understand division of words and the general idea of the words (http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen1.pdf).

Then finally, Professor Aaron Burke's details of the Egyptian Yafo fortress and Dead Sea granary excavations helped me know I wasn't going crazy (who would think there is farming in a place with a lake called the "Dead Sea"?). And I only learned about Yafo/Jaffa itself after the Genesis 1 through 2 book was published. I knew nothing about Yafo, the fortress or the ancient granaries in the Dead Sea region.

By contrast, the entire Rosetta Stone in 2014 only took one to two months, since the ancient Greeks accurately translated the Greek message into the hieroglyphic. I could quickly make the word matches without any puzzles to try to figure out.

Because I have done so much of the underlying text of the "Old Testament," when I got to the "New Testament" in Aramaic, it was quick (a sentence every 4 hours) since the words are all the same as in the "Old Testament," as is the context and content (farming/granaries/merchants/grain sales). But I did have to hire an Aramaic/Syriac speaker from Syria (who lives in Germany) to orient me with written and spoken Aramaic. Surprisingly, spoken Aramaic is very similar to Amarigna/Tigrigna. And you can learn written Aramaic characters literally in 20 minutes if you know the Dead Sea scrolls-style Egyptian hieroglyphs (see Matthew 1:18 above).

Posts: 751 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by AncientGebts:

It turns out that both the Old and New Testaments are actually mistranslations of 3400 year-old ancient Egyptian farming/granary grain sales reports... not religion. But the mistranslation into religion was intentional, the evidence showing it was likely done by the ancient Romans... but we won't get into that here.

So how to get all these stories from the bible out of a grain report?
Do you have an example of a paragraph of grain report text?

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
Hello, Lioness. Nice to see you again.

Well, when I began retranslating the underlying text of Genesis, I expected the same word and meaning for each word, as with my retranslation of the Rosetta Stone. I thought I would only be clarifying and showing the Amarigna/Tigrigna word.

That turned out not to be the case.

I saw the words, "production chief," "boats in the harbor" and I saw the word "farm" but didn't know why...

-

Then I saw riq, one of two Tigrigna words "granary"...

-

Clearly, after growing up a Christian, reading the Bible since the age of 14, this made no sense. But I also did not know anything about the Yafo fortress or the Dead Sea region granaries (grain storage vaults). Plus, when I did the retranslation of the hieroglyphic portion of the Rosetta Stone, the words and meanings matched... very surprisingly, as the Rosetta Stone was done by the Greeks who somehow managed to translate the Greek message into the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic language (Amarigna and Tigrigna words) 99.9% accurately!

Then as I continued the Genesis 1 retranslation, I saw the words "merchant," loads," "buy" and "sell." So that made a connection to the boats in the harbor of Genesis 1:2.

Then I saw the words "invitation," "invite" and "guest" connected to the merchants/customers and what they were buying, "grain," "seed," "plants," "hay," "staffs," "fabric" and more.

I didn't quite know where in the world all this was taking place, though. Then I saw the word "east" for the farm and "southwest" for the Nile Valley and Nile Delta merchants/customers.

At this point I had to search to see if there were ancient granaries in the Dead Sea region and came across an article by Ian Kujit entitled, "World's Oldest Known Granaries Predate Agriculture." Ian Kujit was part of a research team that discovered a 10,000 year-old granary at the southeastern edge of the Dead Sea.
Article: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090623150619.htm
Google maps: Dhra granary location

So that let me know the location of the farming was definitely in the Dead Sea region. But why I didn't know yet. And at this point I thought the "opening of the water" was the Gulf of Aqaba (which turned out not to be the case), where the valley the Dead Sea is located drains into the Red Sea.

I was doing some verses at random from the rest of the Old Testament and came across the Tigrigna word in Numbers 21;14 for "granary," qofo (Amarigna version is keffo)...

-

Still, I knew this was the Dead Sea region yet had nothing to tie the harbor definitively.

Then I saw the word "fortress" in Genesis 4. That stunned me. I had no idea where it was either.

So I was talking to a friend in Israel and we were asking about each other's weather. When I checked her weather, Tel Aviv, on Google, it returned, "Yafo, Tel Aviv." Knowing the Y hieroglyph can be Q, I connected it to the word I had found in Numbers for granary, qofo. I began yelling with excitement and told her.

I then Googled "Yafo" and the word "granary" together in a search. That's when amazingly I saw the Arabic pronunciation for Yafo, Jaffa (like the Amarigna keffo). And what was there in Yafo/Jaffa? An Egyptian fortress!!!!

I couldn't believe it. That's when I also found UCLA professor Aaron Burke's paper about the Yafo fortress excavation. Unbelievable. Retranslating about farming, granaries, grain sales, merchants and boat, I really almost needed to seek counseling. But reading Aaron Burke's paper I saw the granary missing link...

"After The Capture of Joppa, the next references to Jaffa, found in the Amarna letters (mid-fourteenth century B.C.E.), indicate that the strategic value of Jaffa (identified as Yapu) included its granaries. These pharaonic granaries..."
https://www.academia.edu/233776/Egyptians_in_Jaffa_A_Portrait_of_Egyptian_Presence_in_Jaffa_during_the_Late_Bronze_Age

I began communicating with Ian Kujit and Aaron Burke (through his wife).

Also by this time I had finished a rough of the underlying text of Genesis 1 and 2, publishing it as volume I. Then I began on Genesis 3 and 4 for volume II.

Once I published both volumes, I began communicating with the Egypt Ministry of Antiquities and the Israel Ministry of Antiquities, providing them both digital copies through LinkedIn as well as sending them print copies.

I had seen the actual descriptive name for the region was Tisha, which roughly translates as "countryside." And when looking for hieroglyphs in the Rosetta Stone for words both documents contained, I noticed the ancient Greeks in 196 BC (the dating of the Rosetta Stone) the word I had retranslated in 2014, "Tisha."

So as of 196 BC, the Yafo/Dead Sea region was still part of ancient Egypt...

-

To show that the words of the "New Testament" are the same, with 110 instances of the word in the underlying text of the "New Testament," here is Tisha in Mathew 1:18...

-

The fortress in the Yafo harbor was not only a defensive type of fortress, irdi. But since the merchants/customers arrived at the harbor in boats from the Nile Valley/Nile Delta, the fortress was a convenient meeting place in the underlying text of both the "Old Testament" and "New Testament."

The "source" of the merchant is the chaka/"wilderness" of the Nile Valley/Nile Delta.

But also notice who the customer is... an Egyptian Queen/Empress hatseyti (Tigrigna) atseti (Amarigna). You should recognize this as the ancient Egyptian title of a queen, the Egyptologist Aset and the Greek Isis...

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
God is not going to like this, just sayin
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

The New Testament is 1st century but the Hebrew old testament was started over a thousand years before far prior to the Romans (unless that time period is false and the OT was really written in the first century)

-

quote:

Scientists have discovered the earliest known Hebrew writing — an inscription dating from the 10th century B.C., during the period of King David's reign.

The breakthrough could mean that portions of the Bible were written centuries earlier than previously thought. (The Bible's Old Testament is thought to have been first written down in an ancient form of Hebrew.)

Until now, many scholars have held that the Hebrew Bible originated in the 6th century B.C., because Hebrew writing was thought to stretch back no further. But the newly deciphered Hebrew text is about four centuries older, scientists announced this month.

"It indicates that the Kingdom of Israel already existed in the 10th century BCE and that at least some of the biblical texts were written hundreds of years before the dates presented in current research," said Gershon Galil, a professor of Biblical Studies at the University of Haifa in Israel, who deciphered the ancient text.

BCE stands for "before common era," and is equivalent to B.C., or before Christ.

The writing was discovered more than a year ago on a pottery shard dug up during excavations at Khirbet Qeiyafa, near Israel's Elah valley. The excavations were carried out by archaeologist Yosef Garfinkel of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. At first, scientists could not tell if the writing was Hebrew or some other local language.

Finally, Galil was able to decipher the text. He identified words particular to the Hebrew language and content specific to Hebrew culture to prove that the writing was, in fact, Hebrew.

"It uses verbs that were characteristic of Hebrew, such as asah ('did') and avad ('worked'), which were rarely used in other regional languages," Galil said. "Particular words that appear in the text, such as almanah ('widow') are specific to Hebrew and are written differently in other local languages."

The ancient text is written in ink on a trapezoid-shaped piece of pottery about 6 inches by 6.5 inches (15 cm by 16.5 cm). It appears to be a social statement about how people should treat slaves, widows and orphans. In English, it reads (by numbered line):

1' you shall not do [it], but worship the [Lord].
2' Judge the sla[ve] and the wid[ow] / Judge the orph[an]
3' [and] the stranger. [Pl]ead for the infant / plead for the po[or and]
4' the widow. Rehabilitate [the poor] at the hands of the king.
5' Protect the po[or and] the slave / [supp]ort the stranger.

The content, which has some missing letters, is similar to some Biblical scriptures, such as Isaiah 1:17, Psalms 72:3, and Exodus 23:3, but does not appear to be copied from any Biblical text.

https://www.livescience.com/8008-bible-possibly-written-centuries-earlier-text-suggests.html
AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
Lioness, it makes me crazy now to see such descriptions/explanations when I now know the truth. I don't even know where to start.
AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
Let's start with the time period.

You said..
"... unless that time period is false and the OT was really written in the first century..."

Yes this is correct. They were both mistranslated at the same time.

Let's be clear, nothing was written by the mistranslators. Otherwise, the underlying text of the "Bible," the Harris Papyrus, the Rosetta Stone and the Armana tablets wouldn't contain the same words, context and content.

The mistranslations were done from existing documents that 2000 years ago were already 1400 years old.

Added to that, the mistranslations were done to reference each other, the "Old Testament" and "New Testament. In this way, for example...

A. The mistranslation about "Jesus coming" of the "Old Testament" "Isaiah" references the "New Testament"
B. The mistranslation about "Moses was taught in the ways of the Egyptians" of "New Testament" "Acts" references the "Old Testament"

The mistranslators were not stupid. They knew what they were doing and ingeniously created the entire ploy to be bullet proof.

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
So how did they do it? Common people could not read hieroglyphs in either their complex "artistic" original form nor the simplified forms (i.e. Greek, so-called Demotic, Latin, Aramaic, Hebrew, Proto-Sinaitic, Cuneiform, etc.). The mistranslators knew this.

But the mistranslators themselves could read hieroglyphs. Take these simple examples...
  • metse/"come" became encoded as lemetse/"smear, anoint" for the fictional Messiah/"the anointed one" who would "come"
  • adim/"guest" was encoded as the fictional "Adam"/"human" guest of the garden
  • ngus/"king" was encoded as mgus (Moses), a prince who would become king
  • riq/"granary, grain storage vault" became encoded as the "vault of heaven"
  • merkabat/"boats" in the Yafo harbor of merchants coming to pick up their loads was encoded as the "spirit hovering over the deep"

Notice each word has...
1. A word layered on top (i.e., Messiah)
2. A mistranslation (i.e., "anointed one"
3. A backstory (i.e, "he's coming")

But look how they accomplished it...
Messiah matches metse/"come, arrive" and the backstory "he's coming"
But Messiah means anoint/smear, which is lemetse... not metse

anoint (v.)
from in- "in, into" (see in) + unguere "to smear"
https://www.etymonline.com/word/anoint

come (v.)
meTS'e (መጸ) arrive, come (v.) (Tigrigna)

smear (v.)
lemeTS'e (ለመጸ) whitewash, smear, varnish (v.) (Tigrigna)

The only difference between lemetse and metse is the le-. Otherwise they are exact.

So in the case of Messiah, why didn't the mistranslators simply say messiah means "come"?

But in the underlying text, the only ones coming are the merchants.

[ 30. July 2018, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Elmaestro ]

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
As for the other examples...

Underlying word: adim"/guest" (merchants/customers had to be invited to pick up their loads)
Layered name: Adam
Mistranslation: "human"
Backstory: guest of the garden

Underlying word: ngus/"king"
Layered name: Mosh (ngsh
Mistranslation: "pull out"
Backstory: prince who would become king

Underlying word: riq/granary
Layered word: riqo
Mistranslation: vault/atmosphere (of heaven)
Backstory: "Let there be a firmament in the midst"

Underlying word: merkabat/"boats" (merkab/"boat" is singular)
Layered word: rekab/mrchphth
Mistranslation:
A. rekab - "to hover, to float (in the air) ; (slang) to space out; hovercraft "
www.morfix.co.il/en/מְרַחֶפֶת
B. mrchphth - vibrating
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen1.pdf
Backstory: "spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters"

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
"... the 10th century B.C., during the period of King David's reign."

This one is simple. There are no names in the underlying farm report text.

Even in the underlying text of Genesis 3 to 4, when the king and queen come from the Nile Valley/Nile Delta, their names are not recorded in the report.

If you look at Target or Walmart receipts, there are no names recorded of the customers on the receipts, despite this being 2018 and we are using computer technology.

And so it was the same back then. Neither the writer nor anybody else's names were written in the reports.

"Scientists have discovered the earliest known Hebrew writing..."

No they haven't. The writing was not technically Hebrew writing.

The Yafo/Dead Sea region was for at least 3000 years part of Egypt and those people there then were also Egyptian people. Therefore they wrote with Egyptian hieroglyphs, though in limited and simplified form.

If you want to say the people of the Yafo/Dead Sea region were Hebrews and they were Egyptians, then if you want you can say the writing style was ancient Hebrew.

But technically, it was merely ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic writing.

"The breakthrough could mean that portions of the Bible were written centuries earlier than previously thought."

First, it is not a breakthrough.

Second, yes, the underlying text was written earlier... about 1400 years earlier than the 2000 year-old mistranslations (3400 years ago, the approximate rebuilding of the Yafo Egypt fortress according to archaeologists and the details of which are recorded in the underlying text of Genesis chapter 4).

"The Bible's Old Testament is thought to have been first written down in an ancient form of Hebrew."

Yes, ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs of the farm reports.

"It indicates that the Kingdom of Israel already existed in the 10th century BCE..."

No, it was the kingdom of Egypt, which Yafo and the Dead Sea region was a part of, even recorded as such in the 196 BC Rosetta Stone.

"... and that at least some of the biblical texts were written hundreds of years before the dates presented in current research..."

Yes, 1400 years to be exact.

"... Gershon Galil, a professor of Biblical Studies at the University of Haifa in Israel, who deciphered the ancient text..."

No he didn't. The Rosetta Stone proves that if you are not translating/deciphering with the vocabulary of Amarigna and Tigrigna, you are mistranslating/misdeciphering.

"He identified words particular to the Hebrew language and content specific to Hebrew culture to prove that the writing was, in fact, Hebrew...."

No he didn't. The words are from Amarigna and Tigrigna and the culture is Middle East ancient Egyptian.

"'It uses verbs that were characteristic of Hebrew, such as asah ('did') and avad ('worked'), which were rarely used in other regional languages,' Galil said. 'Particular words that appear in the text, such as almanah ('widow') are specific to Hebrew and are written differently in other local languages.'"

I don't feel like getting into the actual translations of these words right now. But suffice it to say, no they don't mean that.

Plus, I guarantee if you were using my expensive papyrus and ink (or clay) on the job at the farm to write about your widow, your employment would be terminated.

"It appears to be a social statement about how people should treat slaves, widows and orphans."

No it is not.

First of all, Egypt did not use slaves. The words for the people at the farm in the retranslations are...

A. aleqa ( አለቃ) (Amarigna)/haleqa ሓለቓ (Tigrigna) - Chiefs/Supervisors
B. ayayi ዓያዪ - employees
C. lemaj ለማጅ - trainees

[ 30. July 2018, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Elmaestro ]

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
The so-called word abad/avad is an intentional mistranslation to normalize the concept of slavery.

In the underlying text of the "New Testament" "Matthew 1:24, according to the online Aramaic/Syriac dictionary there are three meanings...

1. ܥܲܒ݂ܕܵܐ/"slave"
http://www.assyrianlanguages.org/sureth/dosearch.php?searchkey=10039&language=id

2. ܥܒ݂ܵܕܵܐ/"to do"
http://www.assyrianlanguages.org/sureth/dosearch.php?searchkey=10038&language=id

3. ܥܒ݂ܵܕܵܐ/"work"
http://www.assyrianlanguages.org/sureth/dosearch.php?searchkey=18635&language=id

So which one or ones are correct? We have to look at the spelling.
  • A (ܥ) B (ܒ݂ܵ) D(ܕܵ)

So I don;t have to tell anybody in here the relationship between...
  • B/F/W and foreign V/P
  • TS/T/D

It is the Aramaic/Syriac [A] vowel that is tricky. Compare...
  • ܥ [A]
  • ܠ [L]

It is easy for translators to mix up these two letters in written Aramaic/Syriac.
  • It is not A B D
  • It is L B D/L F T
So...

Don't think this is accidental. Believe me, it is intentional. If you can accept the idea of slavery in ancient days, it normalizes slavery so you will accept it today.

I can show you with both ancient Greek and Latin, the same intentional mistranslation and attempt to normalize something that was not the case.

D W L - IT IS NOT "SLAVE" IN ANCIENT GREEK
So I can check the validity of the supposed word for "slave" in ancient Greek. Is the translation of the word accurate or not?

"The most common word for slaves is δοῦλος (doulos), used in opposition to 'free man' (ἐλεύθερος, eleútheros); an earlier form of the former appears in Mycenaean inscriptions as do-e-ro, 'male slave' (or 'servant', 'bondman'; Linear B: 𐀈𐀁𐀫), or do-e-ra, 'female slave' (or "maid-servant', 'bondwoman')."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Greece
  • D W R = do-e-ro
  • D W L = δοῦλος (doulos)

"The verb δουλεὐω (which survives in Modern Greek, meaning "work") can be used metaphorically for other forms of dominion, as of one city over another or parents over their children."
  • D W L = δουλεὐω

It is sad that scholars cannot fathom ancient ancient written Greek and Latin languages being descended from the Ethiopian hieroglyphic language, including the Greek and Latin written characters, which are simply ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Strong's Greek Lexicon
#1398. douleuo dool-yoo'-o from 1401; to be a slave to (literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary):--be in bondage, (do) serve(-ice).
http://www.eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?file=greeklexicon&isindex=1398

All ancient texts have been mistranslated. This goes back to the mistranslations that became the Bible... to normalize the very idea of slavery.

So what is this word, D W L in reality?

So in Greek it is not the word "slave." That is a lie.

P U E R - IT IS NOT "SLAVE" IN LATIN
What about in Rome?

1. Servus
"The general Latin word for slave was servus."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Rome

So let's look at the actual words for the servus ser- root in Amarigna and Tigrigna...

Another mistranslation, this time ancient written Latin text. That does not mean "slave."

I bet you had no idea ancient written Greek and ancient written Latin were simply the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic vocabulary of Amarigna and Tigrigna.

So let's look at another supposed Latin word for "slave."

2. Puer
Puer "slave"
"Puer can also be used to address slaves"
https://books.google.com/books?id=vakSDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA194&lpg=PA194&dq=latin+Puer+slave#v=onepage&q=latin%20Puer%20slave&f=false

No it could not. So let's look at the actual words for "slave" in Amarigna and Tigrigna...

There's only one problem, European P can be B/F/W in Amarigna Tigrigna (there is no P pronunciation in Amarigna/Tigrigna). As an example, "Cleopatra" was written by the ancient Greeks as K L W B T R A in hieroglyphs (with a B)

So on the surface puer can be bariya, but you would be wrong to come to this conclusion. In both the Rosetta Stone and the underlying text of the Bible (both Old and New Testaments) we have frae...

It is also an Ethiopian name...
  • Ferew (ፍሬው) "his fruit"

... "fruit' as in "output, result"

And part of names...
  • Fere Senay (ፍሬ ሠናይ) "good fruit"

See: https://ethiopia.limbo13.com/index.php/ethiopian_names/ethiopian_names_f/

But the issue with bariya is placement of the Y vowel at the end and not in the middle (hieroglyphs are exact)...
  • B R Y = bariya/"slave"
  • B Y R = puer
I saw this kind of thing all the time with the retranslation of the underlying text of what has become the "Bible."

The Greek DWL was dawla/"donkey pack," not slave. Placing the Y in the proper place in ancient written Latin, like the Greek "donkey pack" here in Latin you could have "bull, ox"...
  • bE'ray (ብዕራይ) ox, bull (n.) (Amarigna)

Here the E' is the explosive pronunciation. But that's not all, "bull, ox" would be too easy.
  • baE'lu ባዕሉ) oneself (Tigrigna)
  • baEla (ባዕላ) herself (Tigrigna)
We still have a problem, though, because the E' can serve as U/W in hieroglyphs. But the is no ending vowel in puer, so baelu and baela are in the right direction though.

We also have two vowels next to each other. This is also in the underlying text of what has become the Bible...
  • bal (ባል) owner (n.) (Amarigna)

http://amharicdictionary.com/Home/Index/%E1%89%A3%E1%88%8D

In Tigrigna, biA'l (ብዓል)

So here we have the word mistranslated by modern scholars as "slave." Surprise, it means "owner"... not a person owned by another person. So puer does not mean "slave."

What follows the word defines the context...
  • bA'l E'da (ብዓል ዕዳ) (debtor)
  • bA'l genzeb (ብዓል ገንዘብ) (proprietor)
  • bA'l zna (ብዓል ዝና) (renowned, hero)
  • bA'l grma (ብዓል ግርማ) (imposing)
  • bA'l dlay (ብዓል ድላይ) (willing)
  • bA'l T’rit (ብዓል ጥሪት) (owner)
  • bA'l dKH'ʷan (ብዓል ድዃን) (shopkeeper)
  • bA'l t’beb (ብዓል ጥበብ) (artist)
  • bA'l fereQ’a (ብዓል ፈረቓ) (partner)

http://memhr.org/dic/index.php?a=srch&d=3&id_srch=e0ac809f3f1ca09673be4b4f5cfd9091&il=en&p=1

So puer is bA'l.

Not a slave.

Again, mistranslation of ancient Greek and ancient Latin for the purpose of normalizing the idea of slavery, to make it more acceptable in the eyes of human beings.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Lioness, it makes me crazy now to see such descriptions/explanations when I now know the truth. I don't even know where to start.

what if you already went crazy but don't realize it yet? I'm not saying you did but it's possible.
What kind of linguistics training do you have?
Maybe this should be a separate thread

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
Yeah, maybe I'm dreaming. [Wink]

[...]

Just in case I was going crazy, Lioness, to try to make sense of how 3400 year-old farming reports were turned into religion 2000 years ago, I had to hire a number of experts, which included...
  • An archaeologist with a Ph.D in Archaeology and Master of Arts degree in History
  • A Harvard-trained Biblical Hebrew expert with a Master of Arts degree in Linguistics (specialization in Semitic Languages) and a Masters degree in Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School
  • A Serbian with a Master of Arts degree in Theology and undergraduate student at Faculty of Orthodox Theology in Classical Philology (Ancient Greek and Latin)
  • An Aramaic/Syriac translator from Syria living in Germany
  • Three Israeli translators/editors, one in Germany and the other two in Israel
  • A professor with a PhD in Comparative Literature

[ 30. July 2018, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Elmaestro ]

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
Well, this comes back to the KM name. There were maybe a few possible matches to KM, but I came to the conclusion that only QN was likely.

All these explanations are so people could understand my process at arriving at QN (qin/"honest").

To get to a -t plural ending, we need a noun....

qnE'na (ቅንዕና) simplicity, virtue, integrity, sincerity, frankness, honesty (n.) (Tigrigna

Here is a likely match from "An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary"...
 -

The -awi suffix is Amarigna, meaning people of. For example, Gebts ("Egypt") in Amarigna becomes the people of Egypt, Gebtsawi.

As for how the owl can be an N, M/N pronunciations are obviously related. But the owl is not really for the M pronunciation, even it can be used for M...
  • gungwa (ጉንጓ) owl (n.) (Tigrigna)

http://memhr.org/dic/index.php?a=srch&d=3&id_srch=7a9b9496f29cf74c586b9f069adb3acd&il=en&p=1

So because the owl primarily represents the N pronunciation, it can be used for QNN (KMM), Qnena/"honesty."

The form Qenenat with a -t ending would essentially be "the honest ones."

[ 30. July 2018, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Elmaestro ]

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
I've combined like posts, removed 1 inane post, hid 2 links and shortened 1 Link, AG, great posts however consider using the edit button from time to time. //MOD

I have to gather my thoughts, I have some questions I want to get to for you, and other linguistic wiz's on the board.

Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

what if you already went crazy but don't realize it yet? I'm not saying you did but it's possible.
What kind of linguistics training do you have?
Maybe this should be a separate thread

Lioness, your comment is Trolltastic!

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, maybe I'm dreaming. [Wink]

[...]

Just in case I was going crazy, Lioness, to try to make sense of how 3400 year-old farming reports were turned into religion 2000 years ago, I had to hire a number of experts, which included...
  • An archaeologist with a Ph.D in Archaeology and Master of Arts degree in History
  • A Harvard-trained Biblical Hebrew expert with a Master of Arts degree in Linguistics (specialization in Semitic Languages) and a Masters degree in Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School
  • A Serbian with a Master of Arts degree in Theology and undergraduate student at Faculty of Orthodox Theology in Classical Philology (Ancient Greek and Latin)
  • An Aramaic/Syriac translator from Syria living in Germany
  • Three Israeli translators/editors, one in Germany and the other two in Israel
  • A professor with a PhD in Comparative Literature

I have a couple of questions for you. I see that you believe that Egypt was an Ethiopian/Eritrean outpost for commerce and Palestine was also an extension of that. How has the recent advances in DNA studies affected your theories?

In addition, my amateur are of study is mythology and I will atest to the fact that I had come to an independent conclusion that pre Bablyonian Judaism is an agriculture/farming based religious system, centered around an astrotheological year. Which is weirdly in contradiction to the nomadic pastoral myths of Abraham, Issac & Jacob.

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Have you translated all of the TN"K yet?
Particularly Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes.
Meanwhile, how have you rendered Deuteronomy 16.9 & 25.13 ?

Thx 4 yr time & consideration.

--------------------

AncientGebts
On Vacation
Member # 17037

Rate Member
I'm happy to retranslate any sentences ("verses"). But please only request one at a time.

So in regard to that, how can you weed out the mistranslated "Bible" books/chapters. Any that contain the following words...

• Mitsraim
  • Lord/Jehovah/YHWH/Yaweh
  • God/Eloh/Elohim

If any of these words exist in any sentence/"verse" then it is a mistranslation. Therefore, I don't need to retranslate it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com