EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Did humans interbreed in Cameroon (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did humans interbreed in Cameroon
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smart man! That is the first thing to come to my mind. But notice the smaller curve is under/intersect the African curve. Notice also the Africa curve also has a barely visible 2nd curve.

Yes the implication is a 2nd migratory evident. I am thinking a north West Africa migration IN ADDITION to East Africa. Same stock TWO different migration path. Remember LA Brana was YDNA C ie South East Asians. Looks like the migration path(s) have been consistent since pre-Neanderthal.

Thoughts anyone. Critique?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad somebody picked up on what I put down in my OP.

quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
Given the results of Schlebusch and even gurdasani 2015 I feel it might be appropriate to revisit elder Anthropological studies, though I'm not fond of physical Anthropology, I stumbled over something while reading a very old genetics paper... Iwo Eleru.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14947363

^remnants of THE Archaic human? possible source of Neanderthal(like) Admixture in west Africans? A00??

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few interesting ones I pulled. Reich and Paabo are a fervent racist so know what to expect from him. West Africans are MORE archaic…….But my take away is Khoe_San inhabited regions further north…in the Zanzibar archipelago!!! That is an Island off the coast of East Africa. Did they sail to the Island? Lol! These confused white people.

---

Intergrating ancient and modern DNA
Reconstructing prehistoric African population structure and adaptation

Pontus Skoglund*, Svante Pääbo, David Reich

Abstract:
The population genomic landscape of Africa prior to its transformation by expansions of farmers and pastoralists is poorly understood, partly due to poor ancient DNA preservation and partly due to the deep time scale of human population history on the continent. We assembled genome-wide data from ten sub-Saharan Africans who lived in the last 4,500 years, and show that one of the most deeply divergent present-day human lineages that is today found almost exclusively in people living in southern Africa, was in the past 2,000 years also present in populations much farther north in Malawi and the Zanzibar archipelago. These results highlight the existence of an ancient genetic cline stretched over thousands of kilometers along a south-north axis. By leveraging data from ancient African genomes without ancestry from more recent into-Africa migrations, we show that western Africans today may harbor ancestry from a lineage that separated from other modern human lineages earlier than any other, including the Khoe-San of southern Africa. Finally, we use the availability of time-stratified southern African genomes to document evidence of both selective sweeps and polygenic selection that might have conferred adaptations to desert environments.

Detecting introgressed loci using machine learning - Daniel Schrider*, Andrew Kern

Abstract:
Speciation with gene flow appears to be common, and knowledge of which loci have and have not experienced such gene flow can elucidate the genetic basis of hybrid incompatibility. Moreover adaptive introgression, in which beneficial alleles cross species boundaries, appears to be commonplace in nature. Thus it is crucial to develop the statistical machinery required to uncover which genomic regions have recently acquired haplotypes via introgression from a sister species. We developed a novel machine learning framework, called FILET (Finding Introgressed Loci via Extra-Trees). It has been suggested that some sub-Saharan African populations contain DNA whose ancestry traces back to an unknown archaic hominin [5]. Our analyses reveals numerous loci that show strong signatures of recent introgression (within 100 kya) from a population that diverged from modern humans >500 kya. This result implies that the extent to which modern humans SHARE ancestry with archaic hominin relatives is even greater than has been suggested by comparisons with ancient DNA samples.

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't seem to comment without your racial hatred interfering. If you can't contribute without interjecting your opinions of white people and n homosexuals Do me a favor stfu and go away. Please.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
bye! BTW there is no race. But yes, I do have a problem with ****!

Admin: edited, and suspended.

[ 08. July 2017, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Punos_Rey ]

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

C'mon fam.

Don't be like that.

We want you to go to the
Bains Douches with us.

But you got to behave and get along
You gotta treat and speak of and to people
The way you want them to treat and speak to you

It ain't that hard
(says an ill-tempered he-trout like me)

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Recovering signals of ghost archaic admixture in the genomes of present-day Africans
Arun Durvasula, Sriram Sankararaman

doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/285734

This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed.

Abstract

Analyses of Neanderthal and Denisovan genomes have characterized multiple interbreeding events between archaic and modern human populations. While several studies have suggested the presence of deeply diverged lineages in present-day African populations, we lack methods to precisely characterize these introgression events without access to reference archaic genomes.

We present a novel reference-free method that combines diverse population genetic summary statistics to identify segments of archaic ancestry in present-day individuals. Using this method, we find that ~7.97±0.6% of the genetic ancestry from the West African Yoruba population traces its origin to an unidentified, archaic population (FDR ≤20%).

We find several loci that harbor archaic ancestry at elevated frequencies and that the archaic ancestry in the Yoruba is reduced near selectively constrained regions of the genome suggesting that archaic admixture has had a systematic impact on the fitness of modern human populations both within and outside of Africa.

Results

Recently, Hsieh et al [15] used a demographic model estimated from data to infer archaic admixture in African Pygmy populations. They modeled gene flow from an archaic human population that split off 24,137 generations ago into a Pygmy population 5,344 generations ago at a frequency of 2%.

Discussion

Our results suggest that Yoruban individuals trace about 7.9% of their genomes to an as yet unidentified archaic population. This is in agreement with some results from previous papers in other African populations such as the Biaka and the Baka [15], suggesting that there was a rich diversity of hominin species within Africa and that introgression was commonplace.

Using our inferred segments of archaic ancestry in the Yoruba, we find that there are regions of the genome that are under higher selective constraint have reduced archaic ancestry on average indicating that the archaic alleles were deleterious in the hybrid population. More data is needed for a complete picture of these ghost populations. For example, it is unclear whether the archaic signatures found here are from the same as those found in other African populations[13, 14, 15, 33].

YYT: this preprint is mostly about tools and methodology
to detect Archaic ancestry; ArchIE, S*-statistic.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com