EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » is this coin a portrait of King Juba or Caesar Augustus (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: is this coin a portrait of King Juba or Caesar Augustus
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

quote:
Originally posted by the questioner:

juba I or II could be Caesar Augustus or Hercules or zeus/jupiter

You have won the debate by using evidence to show an emperor putting his name under someone of higher status, a god

But it doesn't make sense an emperor would put his name under a lower status person, a subordinate leader of a vassal state.

-

You won some points on a diversion into emperors associating themselves with superior beings, gods

However Juba II was politically subordinate to Caesar Augustus.

My mistake in this discussion was to talk about gods and facial hair, neither of which is pertinent to the topic.

So sticking to the topic

1) is this coin with Juba (IVBA) showing an a image of Caesar Augustus Caesar?
Maybe but you can't prove it.

If it's not Juba II then what did Juba II look like?

2) Juba II may have been a pure African or he may have had Phoenician, Greek or Roman ancestry as well.
He married a Greek woman and that shows he may have been from a culture that would permit that.

Do you agree on these two points?

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com