EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » DNA of the Phoenicians - Who can spot the lies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DNA of the Phoenicians - Who can spot the lies
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now..doesn't this read like a bad fiction novel. Man I can't get over Europeans and their BS made stories they sell to the world. Am I the only one that can see through the BS. Lol!

See if you can spot the BS? History buff/nerds can help me out here. I have a bridge to sell you. Lol This reads a like a bad novel. SMH. Man I am lucky I stuck to science and not become a history Major . What a load of crock!!! Am I the only one who has a problem with this story/

History is written by the victors. ..for real.

Quote:
"Ancient mitogenomes of Phoenicians from Sardinia and Lebanon: A story of settlement, integration, and female mobility - E. Matisoo-Smith 2018

They were skilled navigators whose trade networks extended throughout the entire Mediterranean basin, and they had taken an
Egyptian-sponsored circumnavigation of Africa long before the Vikings ventured out of the sight of land [1, 2]. From their homeland in what is today Lebanon, the Phoenicians sailed
extensively across the Mediterranean for trade and established settlements in Cyprus, Malta, Sicily, Sardinia, Ibiza, the Iberian Peninsula and along the North African coast, most notably,
Carthage (Fig 1).
Their naval dominance was respected throughout the Mediterranean, and they provided maritime support to the Persians and the Egyptians.
Despite their enduring influence, scant historical documentation attributed directly to the Phoenicians exists. Most of the Phoenician historic documents were written on papyrus, and
have not survived or been discovered yet. What we do know of them is what others, the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians wrote about them. They were never a unified political state or distinct
ethnicity within their homeland [3]. The emerging coastal city-states of Byblos and Sidon thrived as maritime trade centers during the 3rd and 2nd millennia BCE and later, the city of
Tyre. During the 1st millennium BCE their occupants were referred to by the Greeks, and thus today, as the Phoenicians (from the Greek, Phoiníkē, or purple country) in reference to their
production of the valuable purple dye used in textile production. Prior to this, however, the region was occupied by Canaanites who, due to political events in the north, south and east
were confined to the thin coastal strip between the steep, cedar covered mountains of Lebanon and the eastern Mediterranean [3]. This coastal isolation meant that Phoenicians could only
expand westwards
, and this they did. Targeting sources of valuable metals including silver and tin, they established settlements across the Mediterranean and dominated maritime trade networks
for centuries."

-

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now let us analyzed the genetic makeup of these ancient Saharans who Europeans label the "Phoenicians" . BTW I have a thread on ESR also on these people created about 2 years ago. But let us look at the 2018 paper

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you really needed science to help understand history in the Mediterranean,whites projected themselves in such a way that people have a mental block on geography and possiblity if the tech was available
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
So the story is the Phoenicians were hired by the AEians to map out Africa and Southern Europe . But there is no document existing proving that. In fact there is very little evidence of a "Phoenician Nation" because the country is so small yet this non-existent nation were high tech sea navigators. But you know what. All their documents were destroyed. Lol! But trust Europeans...they existed. The Phoenicians could only expand westwards..really? Ha! Ha! Ha! And built large cities everywhere else except...you guessed it. Phoenicia!!! Lol!

Largest Phoenicians complexes is not in Lebanon but...AFRICA!!! And Islands off the coast of Africa. History is written by the Victors...for real.

So much for BS.

But here is what really happened. The expanding Sahara desert dissipated a large group of people where they migrated to new lands and built their cities . Simple. That is why all these civilizations are so similar. That is why the aDNA will shows these Island civilization are related to North Africans. And the Source of the Sahara pool is......get ready for it. Great Lakes and points further south! Why? Read Skoglund 2017.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Anyone else find this paper comical?
The title of the paper makes you think these are Phoenicians but these are really Sardinians.

The Table 1 is very deceptive. Only 3 samples(not 16) are of "Phoenicians". Lol! The other results were "not acceptable". Lol! SMH. The analysis is difficult. (wink) unpublished results. SMH
So the two "Phoenicians" results are mtDNA H and R0a2n. T2b3-+151 is suspect. So really the data table are Sardinians not Phoenicians. That is why you need to READ these resreach papers carefully.

DECEPTION! DECEPTION! DECEPTION! DECEPTION!

I wonder what the result of the other 13 samples were. "unpublished results"???

Quote:
"From the 16 ancient Lebanese samples processed, a total of four complete ancient mitogenomes
from three archaeological sites were ****considered acceptable***
in terms of their coverage (at
least 3x), and showing appropriate damage patterns and no significant level of contamination,

The soils from the Saifi site appeared to be moist, which may explain the poor results (0/4) from
that site. Previous attempts to recover aDNA results from samples from a wet part of site BEY
198 (next to a well) were all unsuccessful (unpublished data). The Monte Sirai samples were all
recently (2015) excavated and collected with the expressed purpose of aDNA analysis. Most of
the graves were pits dug into the tuff (natural rock soil) that were closed, covered by stone"

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Here is where the rubber hits the road. Remember mtDNA H has a Paleolithic presence in Africa . Kefi et al.

The author is not putting his reputation on the line claiming mtDNA H has European origin. Now, answer me this. If 60% of the mtDNA in Europe is NOT European in origin what does that make 60% of modern Europeans. He! He! He! Twisted people!

-----
Quotes:
" Haplogroup H
The most common haplogroup seen in our ancient Lebanese and Sardinian samples was the
superhaplogroup H, identified in 7 of 14 samples (50%). Two of the four ancient Lebanese
samples belong to haplogroup H (sub-groups H and H34) and a third belongs to the sister

No H3 lineages were found in our ancient or modern Lebanese samples. Its presence in Sardinia in ancient samples (both pre-Phoenician
and Phoenician), combined with the diversity seen in the modern Sardinian population is consistent with at least a Neolithic introduction to the island if not pre-Neolithic
[15]. Haplogroup
HV is also an ancient European lineage, likely originating in the Mediterranean region during the LGM and has been identified in early Neolithic remains from Spain [44]. However, to date,
most studies on haplogroup H and its subgroups reveal a very complex tree structure and more mitogenome data is needed before any conclusion can be made with certainty about the
origin and date of the H
subgroups"
----

So what can we conclude? Another lie told be Europeans exposed. There never was a Phoenician civilization. They did not want to admit these were Africans building cities in Africa, Islands off Africa and Southern Europe. Everywhere else but Africa even distant Lebanon. But NOT Africa SMH.

BTW for clarity. The genetic data shows the ancient population of Lebanon/Phoenicia are NOT related to ancient Sardinia population who they claim are Phoenicians.

It looks like they essentially destroyed all the ancient Lebanese samples except what they can use ie spin their BS. And that was not good enough. Man such unconscionable people.....some of them

--------------------

JoshuaTheOracle
Member # 22789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoshuaTheOracle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi xyyman!

I would love to look into this subject, can you provide the source? Maybe I missed it someone in here.

As far as population genetics as a Black Israelite I would really love to create a post here my findings on such "Jewish, Arabic" claims on the ancient Levant. That's a whole subject in itself I think would take away from the importance of what you've posted here.

Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
You can create your own a thread on Black Jews. It should be interesting. There are a few “Black Jews” on this site who may contribute. I am not religious, I am agnostic, so the religious part of Judaism is of no interest to me. But the historical, archeological and genetic parts will hole my interest. I do have genetic proof that many calling themselves Arabs and Jews in the Levant today are NOT indigenous. That I know for a fact. GPS Das et al ELhaik etc?

The paper cited above will have many citations from where they got there “historical” information from. Check the bibliography in OP.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
In summary what have they done in this research paper?

They had two groups of samples. Ancient Sardinians and ancient Lebanon(Phoenicians). These said that most of the ancient Lebanese samples were no good(threw it out) and obtained data from ONLY 4. The 4 was similar to “Eurasians”. My guess is the ones they threw out were NOT Eurasians mtDNA. (wink!)

However they were “lucky” and obtained >30 samples for the ancient Sardinians. Being European slickers they combined the 4 from ancient Lebanon and with ancient Sardinians and called the entire group “Phoenicians” . But being the delusional people they are they admit that ancient Lebanese and ancient Sardinians are unrelated but insist on calling the group Phoenicians . They share no mtDNA Haplotypes. NONE!! Not only that the haplotypes are closer to modern North Africans the geographically closest population to Sardinia. In fact the haplogroups found in these ancient Sardinians have a Neolithic and pre-Neolithic presence so how can these be “Phoenicians”? Tsk! Tsk! Europeans and their lies and delusion. They can’t help themselves.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
 -

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Being schooled in Euro-Culture I believed what I was taught. Now I can see many of these teaching do not make sense and is written like a bad novel. There was no Civilization called the Phoenicians. Looking at the layout of these cities and the time these cities were built throughout North Africa, Mediterranean Islands and Southern tips of Europe, including Stonehenge. These people obviously had a similar culture and origin. These similarity in culture is indicative of thousands of years of “closeness”.

It was and is logistically and chronologically impossible.

“ Phoenician” seafarers is obviously something dreamed up by the Power Elite to feed to the ignorant to remove these Civilization(s) from the African continent. It is logistically and chronologically impossible for the “Phoenicians” to build these civilizations. What is equally more disturbing is most historical “experts’ do not challenge or question the validity of a Phoenician civilization . Especially the black historians.

www.haaretz.com/archaeology/did-the-phoenicians-even-exist-1.5417395

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Here is where the rubber hits the road. Remember mtDNA H has a Paleolithic presence in Africa . Kefi et al.

The author is not putting his reputation on the line claiming mtDNA H has European origin. Now, answer me this. If 60% of the mtDNA in Europe is NOT European in origin what does that make 60% of modern Europeans. He! He! He! Twisted people!

-----
Quotes:
" Haplogroup H
The most common haplogroup seen in our ancient Lebanese and Sardinian samples was the
superhaplogroup H, identified in 7 of 14 samples (50%). Two of the four ancient Lebanese
samples belong to haplogroup H (sub-groups H and H34) and a third belongs to the sister

No H3 lineages were found in our ancient or modern Lebanese samples. Its presence in Sardinia in ancient samples (both pre-Phoenician
and Phoenician), combined with the diversity seen in the modern Sardinian population is consistent with at least a Neolithic introduction to the island if not pre-Neolithic
[15]. Haplogroup
HV is also an ancient European lineage, likely originating in the Mediterranean region during the LGM and has been identified in early Neolithic remains from Spain [44]. However, to date,
most studies on haplogroup H and its subgroups reveal a very complex tree structure and more mitogenome data is needed before any conclusion can be made with certainty about the
origin and date of the H
subgroups"
----

So what can we conclude? Another lie told be Europeans exposed. There never was a Phoenician civilization. They did not want to admit these were Africans building cities in Africa, Islands off Africa and Southern Europe. Everywhere else but Africa even distant Lebanon. But NOT Africa SMH.

BTW for clarity. The genetic data shows the ancient population of Lebanon/Phoenicia are NOT related to ancient Sardinia population who they claim are Phoenicians.

It looks like they essentially destroyed all the ancient Lebanese samples except what they can use ie spin their BS. And that was not good enough. Man such unconscionable people.....some of them

In addition to Hg H.

”Northwards from Egypt and Libya, E-M78 migrated into the Middle East, but additionally Trombetta et al. (2011) proposed that the earlier E-V68 carrying population may have migrated by sea directly from Africa to southwestern Europe, because they observed cases of E-V68* (without the M78 mutation) only in Sardinia, and not in the Middle Eastern samples. Concerning E-M78, like other forms of E-V68 there is evidence of multiple routes of expansion out of an African homeland”

So, now we have a better understanding about those Sardinian samples, E1b1. E1b1b1a [Wink]

quote:

Within E-M35, there are striking parallels between two haplogroups, E-V68 and E-V257. Both contain a lineage which has been frequently observed in Africa (E-M78 and E-M81, respectively) [6], [8], [10], [13]–[16] and a group of undifferentiated chromosomes that are mostly found in southern Europe (Table S2). An expansion of E-M35 carriers, possibly from the Middle East as proposed by other Authors [14], and split into two branches separated by the geographic barrier of the Mediterranean Sea, would explain this geographic pattern. However, the absence of E-V68* and E-V257* in the Middle East (Table S2) makes a maritime spread between northern Africa and southern Europe a more plausible hypothesis. A detailed analysis of the Y chromosomal microsatellite variation associated with E-V68 and E-V257 could help in gaining a better understanding of the likely timing and place of origin of these two haplogroups.

--Beniamino Trombetta, Fulvio Cruciani et al. (2011)

A New Topology of the Human Y Chromosome Haplogroup E1b1 (E-P2) Revealed through the Use of Newly Characterized Binary Polymorphisms

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com