EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » New flavor Lazar-ade

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New flavor Lazar-ade
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Statistical Populations, a family with no bones relics etc, has a new baby.

Welcome Deep Ancestry to the Virtual World alongside Basal Eurasian.

Call 'em anything but African although Mbuti subs for them in the models.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, here's a new aDNA preprint which mentions North African ancestry in Natufians.

Paleolithic DNA from the Caucasus reveals core of West Eurasian ancestry

From the abstract (emphases mine):
quote:
The earliest ancient DNA data of modern humans from Europe dates to ~40 thousand years ago, but that from the Caucasus and the Near East to only ~14 thousand years ago, from populations who lived long after the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM) ~26.5-19 thousand years ago. To address this imbalance and to better understand the relationship of Europeans and Near Easterners, we report genome-wide data from two ~26 thousand year old individuals from Dzudzuana Cave in Georgia in the Caucasus from around the beginning of the LGM. Surprisingly, the Dzudzuana population was more closely related to early agriculturalists from western Anatolia ~8 thousand years ago than to the hunter-gatherers of the Caucasus from the same region of western Georgia of ~13-10 thousand years ago. Most of the Dzudzuana population's ancestry was deeply related to the post-glacial western European hunter-gatherers of the 'Villabruna cluster', but it also had ancestry from a lineage that had separated from the great majority of non-African populations before they separated from each other, proving that such 'Basal Eurasians' were present in West Eurasia twice as early as previously recorded. We document major population turnover in the Near East after the time of Dzudzuana, showing that the highly differentiated Holocene populations of the region were formed by 'Ancient North Eurasian' admixture into the Caucasus and Iran and North African admixture into the Natufians of the Levant. We finally show that the Dzudzuana population contributed the majority of the ancestry of post-Ice Age people in the Near East, North Africa, and even parts of Europe, thereby becoming the largest single contributor of ancestry of all present-day West Eurasians.
And from the text of the paper itself:
quote:
Our co-modeling of Epipaleolithic Natufians and Ibero-Maurusians from Taforalt confirms that the Taforalt population was mixed, but instead of specifying gene flow from the ancestors of Natufians into the ancestors of Taforalt as originally reported, we infer gene flow in the reverse direction (into Natufians). The Neolithic population from Morocco, closely related to Taforalt is also consistent with being descended from the source of this gene flow, and appears to have no admixture from the Levantine Neolithic (Supplementary Information section 3). If our model is correct, Epipaleolithic Natufians trace part of their ancestry to North Africa, consistent with morphological and archaeological studies that indicate a spread of morphological features and artifacts from North Africa into the Near East. Such a scenario would also explain the presence of Y-chromosome haplogroup E in the Natufians and Levantine farmers, a common link between the Levant and Africa. Moreover, our model predicts that West Africans (represented by Yoruba) had 12.5±1.1% ancestry from a Taforalt-related group rather than Taforalt having ancestry from an unknown Sub-Saharan African source; this may have mediated the limited Neanderthal admixture present in West Africans. An advantage of our model is that it allows for a local North African component in the ancestry of Taforalt, rather than deriving them exclusively from Levantine and Sub-Saharan sources.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This stood out more for me:

quote:

Taforalt having ancestry from an unknown Sub-Saharan African source; this may have mediated the limited Neanderthal admixture present in West Africans. An advantage of our model is that it allows for a local North African component in the ancestry of Taforalt, rather than deriving them exclusively from Levantine and Sub-Saharan sources.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as below

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Statistical Populations, a family with no bones relics etc, has a new baby.

Welcome Deep Ancestry to the Virtual World alongside Basal Eurasian.

Call 'em anything but African although Mbuti subs for them in the models.

Have screenshots of Mbuti/Deep Ancestry related material.
Will post, but I have no coherent analysis or commemts as of yet.

Elements and frequencies with the best p values considering the 5 or less components necessary for a given WestEurasian population.
All conservative estimates are majority/plutality Dzudzuana.
Dzudzuana has Mbuti/'Deep' ancestry, more on that in a later post if anyone shows interest.

But note Taforalt has no Magdelenian ElMiron, not even speculatively.
Speculatively, Natufian has everything except Russia_Baikal_EN.

-

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...You wanna know something upsetting.
the lack of deductive reasoning among people with invested interests.

I tried to say elsewhere like I say here often that Neolithic Iranians have some form of African Admixture.

They score the highest for the mythical "Basal Eurasian".

Yet don't show a significant reduction in Neanderthal variants compared to Dzudu.

Apparently Basal Eurasian was present in the region 20+kya Evidenced by Dzuduana.

Lazaridis has people fooled into believing that with the exception of East Asians, All humans basically have Caucasian (Dzuduana-like) ancestry.

Ok then, Why do Iranian farmers have significantly more "Basal Eurasian" than Dzuduana?

Where are Neolithic Iranians getting their 25% deep Ancestry from?

Common sense should be telling people something's off.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansamusa
Member # 22474

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansamusa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we can now officially say that Lazaridis and Reich are Alt-right trolls with access to a hi-tech lab.
Posts: 288 | From: Asia | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I wouldn't be quick to call these experts "alt-right" or trolls. They are obviously biased and seem to have the same conflicted mentality as Cavalli Sforza.

quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:

...You wanna know something upsetting.
the lack of deductive reasoning among people with invested interests.

I tried to say elsewhere like I say here often that Neolithic Iranians have some form of African Admixture.

They score the highest for the mythical "Basal Eurasian".

Yet don't show a significant reduction in Neanderthal variants compared to Dzudu.

Apparently Basal Eurasian was present in the region 20+kya Evidenced by Dzuduana.

Lazaridis has people fooled into believing that with the exception of East Asians, All humans basically have Caucasian (Dzuduana-like) ancestry.

Ok then, Why do Iranian farmers have significantly more "Basal Eurasian" than Dzuduana?

Where are Neolithic Iranians getting their 25% deep Ancestry from?

Common sense should be telling people something's off.

Of course there are things off about this study, however the bias of the authors, Lazaradis et al. should not be the sole blame. From years of reading genetic studies especially on this forum I've come to the same conclusion that Tukuler has in which genetics don't explain everything as it pertains to population history the same way skeletal morphology does. All they do is give hints or clues here and there and then an interpretation is then givent by the authors.

The interpretation for example of there being a division between East Eurasians and West Eurasians with the latter conflated with "Caucasians" is a very common one in academia and of course North Africa is often lumped in with West Eurasian.

Actually this reminds me of an odontology article I came across several years ago.

I highly recommend this article to everyone here who's never read it. It pretty much gives the same inconsistencies and discrepancies as the genetic studies but I will talk more about that in a seperate thread.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time we challenge these researchers....

-

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com