EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Is Ra Allah? Asar Imhotep vs Dr. Wesley Muhammad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Ra Allah? Asar Imhotep vs Dr. Wesley Muhammad
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7tl0p0qhxQ

Ra is NOT Allah: The Dr. Wesley Muhammad and Asar Imhotep debate in context

-
Egyptsearch member and Asar Imhotep is an Africana researcher, Cultural Theorist, software developer and author of six books from Houston, Texas whose research focus is the cultural, linguistic and philosophical links between the Ancient Egyptian civilizations and modern Bantu cultures of Central and South Africa.

-
 -

Dr. Wesley Muhammad

Egyptsearch member Dr. Wesley Muhammad born June 14 in Detroit, Michigan is an American author, historian, professor, scholar, and a minister in the Nation of Islam. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies from Morehouse College (Atlanta, GA), graduating with honors in 1994. In 2003 Dr. Muhammad received a master's degree in Islamic Studies from the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), whence he also received a Ph.D. in Islamic Studies with a focus on Early Theological Development in Islam. Dr. Muhammad's doctoral work included training in Classical Arabic, Biblical Hebrew, German and French and he conducts research in those languages. Twice as a graduate student Dr. Muhammad's research earned him the highly honored, Great Books of Islam Prize, given out by the Center For Middle East and Near Eastern Studies, University of Michigan.
Dr. Muhammad is currently a scholarly aide to Minister Louis Farrakhan at Nation of Islam National Headquarters Mosque Maryam in Chicago.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asar Imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In time, it will be interesting to see Dr. Muhammad's response; especially to my argument that "Allah" was borrowed from the ancient Egyptians.
Posts: 853 | From: Houston | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregws     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 76 | From: Mi. USA. | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gregws     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 76 | From: Mi. USA. | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, as ridiculous as this topic is I will bite at it because only because there are a few grains of truth to this topic.

For one, there is evidence to suggest that the early Arabians but not necessarily 'Arabs' were black peoples with links to Africa. This was discussed multiple times in other threads particularly with sources cited by Dana Marniche. One of these links was definitely Egypt as archaeology shows the ancient city of Tayma in northwest Arabia was an Egyptian trade outpost during the New Kingdom.

I can't find it at the moment and I hope other posters can find it but there was thread created years ago either by Wesley Muhammad or someone else showing similarities between Islamic salat (prayer) gestures and those of Egyptian worship or praise with hands raised and then keeling on the ground. There were also photos of what appear to be figurines of Egyptian women doing gestures of adhan (call to prayer). So is there a link? Probably yes. But to say that Islam itself is founded on Egypt or African religions is a stretch to say the least.

I've done research some years ago finding that the actual name of the Islamic god Allah is simply Lah. I still haven't found the origin of this Lah but I see no connection with the sun god Ra or Re. as etymologically they are different words. Plus, Ra is sun god associated with the day while Islamic sources tend to associated Lah as associated with the night.

Also I don't mean to sound offensive but I will point out something that some black friends of mine have pointed out which is I don't know why African Americans even bother to convert to Islam or associate themselves with Arabs considering the history. Long before the European conquest and enslavement of Africans it were the Arabs who were guilty of that and still are today! The Arabs were not only very racist but treated black slaves even worse than white men in the Americas-- look up double castration.

While I don't doubt the existence of black Arabian tribes in Arabia I do doubt the claim that the main Arab ethnicity to which Muhammad belong were also black as he and his people identified as white and slandered black peoples. So this whole black Islam is even more ridiculous to me than the black Church based on European traditions.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asar Imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For one, there is evidence to suggest that the early Arabians but not necessarily 'Arabs' were black peoples with links to Africa. This was discussed multiple times in other threads particularly with sources cited by Dana Marniche. One of these links was definitely Egypt as archaeology shows the ancient city of Tayma in northwest Arabia was an Egyptian trade outpost during the New Kingdom.
We have to keep in mind here the nature of the topic. The argument from Dr. Wesley is that Proto-Semitic *?il- “god” is ‘cognate’, that is descends from the same pre-dialectical parent, with ancient Egyptian ra.w “sun, time, day; sun-god”. Thus, the Egyptian trade post in Tayma would be irrelevant to the argument given how late in Egyptian history this outpost was created.

quote:
I can't find it at the moment and I hope other posters can find it but there was thread created years ago either by Wesley Muhammad or someone else showing similarities between Islamic salat (prayer) gestures and those of Egyptian worship or praise with hands raised and then keeling on the ground. There were also photos of what appear to be figurines of Egyptian women doing gestures of adhan (call to prayer). So is there a link? Probably yes. But to say that Islam itself is founded on Egypt or African religions is a stretch to say the least.
Context, again, here is key. The image that Dr. Wesley Muhammad claims shows similarities in postures in ancient Km.t and in Islam is a misidentification of what is going on in the Egyptian relief. In the Egyptian relief, the man with face to the ground is not praying, he is drinking water, which it actually says in the full image. There was no connection what-so-ever.

-

Secondly, he doesn’t argue that Islam was ‘founded on’ Egyptian or African religions. He is arguing that Islam IS an African religion, and like Cheikh Anta Diop, he argues that Arabia is Africa’s ‘north-east extension’. In other words, Arabia is Africa (mislabeled the Middle-East) and because the ‘Arabs’ were ‘Black’, and Arabia is ‘Africa’, then Islam, by default, is an African religion.

quote:
I've done research some years ago finding that the actual name of the Islamic god Allah is simply Lah. I still haven't found the origin of this Lah but I see no connection with the sun god Ra or Re. as etymologically they are different words. Plus, Ra is sun god associated with the day while Islamic sources tend to associated Lah as associated with the night.
The origin of Arabic ?allah ‘god’ is Proto-Semitic *?il- ‘god’. The -ah in Arabic is a suffix to the root *?il-. As I discuss in the book Aaluja Vol. II: Cyena-Ntu Religion and Philosophy (2020), pSem. *?il- is a borrowing from ancient Egyptian and the glottal stop is the result of debuccanization of an initial velar consonant. And note that ‘Ra’ is a three consonant word in Egyptian: i.e., r-a-w, where <a> may be a glottal fricative (it also corresponds to nasals as well).

quote:
Also I don't mean to sound offensive but I will point out something that some black friends of mine have pointed out which is I don't know why African Americans even bother to convert to Islam or associate themselves with Arabs considering the history. Long before the European conquest and enslavement of Africans it were the Arabs who were guilty of that and still are today! The Arabs were not only very racist but treated black slaves even worse than white men in the Americas-- look up double castration.
African-Americans have agency to do what they want and believe what they want to believe. As far as Islam, many are attracted to it for religious reasons, and then there are others, like in the NOI, who believe the religion was created by Black ancestors. Thus, they are just going back to an ancestral tradition. Either way, it is their choice.

quote:
While I don't doubt the existence of black Arabian tribes in Arabia I do doubt the claim that the main Arab ethnicity to which Muhammad belong were also black as he and his people identified as white and slandered black peoples. So this whole black Islam is even more ridiculous to me than the black Church based on European traditions.
The ancient Egyptians recorded all of the tribes in that area for over 3000 years, along with their phenotype. They did not record one black Arab or Hebrew. The idea that Islam was started by Black Africans is ridiculous.
Posts: 853 | From: Houston | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Whatever all of the above means... [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by Asar Imhotep:

We have to keep in mind here the nature of the topic. The argument from Dr. Wesley is that Proto-Semitic *?il- “god” is ‘cognate’, that is descends from the same pre-dialectical parent, with ancient Egyptian ra.w “sun, time, day; sun-god”. Thus, the Egyptian trade post in Tayma would be irrelevant to the argument given how late in Egyptian history this outpost was created.

I take it he was referring to the hypothetical Proto-Afroasiatic or Proto-Afrisian or what have you. If that's so I seriously doubt it. Il and Ra have different consonants but even if one were to assume that the l and r in both were interchangeable, one word has a vowel before and the other a vowel after. Both are titles for different things-- il meaning god while ra meaning sun.

quote:
Context, again, here is key. The image that Dr. Wesley Muhammad claims shows similarities in postures in ancient Km.t and in Islam is a misidentification of what is going on in the Egyptian relief. In the Egyptian relief, the man with face to the ground is not praying, he is drinking water, which it actually says in the full image. There was no connection what-so-ever.

-

I didn't even bother to see W. Muhammad's image above until now. Yes I know the image above depicts a man in the afterlife drinking refreshing waters, but the images I was referring to were people prostrating to the pharaoh because he was a god on earth and the gesture of prostrating low to the ground but also standing with both arms upraised then arms in front in a gesture of supplication. There was a thread showing multiple people displaying such gestures to the pharaoh.

quote:
Secondly, he doesn’t argue that Islam was ‘founded on’ Egyptian or African religions. He is arguing that Islam IS an African religion, and like Cheikh Anta Diop, he argues that Arabia is Africa’s ‘north-east extension’. In other words, Arabia is Africa (mislabeled the Middle-East) and because the ‘Arabs’ were ‘Black’, and Arabia is ‘Africa’, then Islam, by default, is an African religion.
Even if one were to make the argument that Arabia and the Levant are 'extra-Africa' as I do agree with because geologically it is exactly that, the religion was founded by non-black Eurasians with a definite bias against blacks. Again the Arabs of Muhammad were not black even though the original Arabians were/are.

quote:
The origin of Arabic ?allah ‘god’ is Proto-Semitic *?il- ‘god’. The -ah in Arabic is a suffix to the root *?il-. As I discuss in the book Aaluja Vol. II: Cyena-Ntu Religion and Philosophy (2020), pSem. *?il- is a borrowing from ancient Egyptian and the glottal stop is the result of debuccanization of an initial velar consonant. And note that ‘Ra’ is a three consonant word in Egyptian: i.e., r-a-w, where <a> may be a glottal fricative (it also corresponds to nasals as well).
What you say about the name Allah I used to believe as well until I did further research. The common misconception is that Allah is a contraction of the two words Al and Ilah with the former being the article 'the' and the latter meaning god or deity in a neutral gender [il--male deity, ilat--female deity], but actually the name is simply Al and Lah. I base this on common Islamic slogans like Bismi'Lah-- in the name of Lah, and alhamduli'Lah-- praise be to Lah. Again Ra is the sun and god of light and day whereas Allah is nocturnal said to come down to collect prayers at night, and his symbol is the crescent moon and star.

quote:
African-Americans have agency to do what they want and believe what they want to believe. As far as Islam, many are attracted to it for religious reasons, and then there are others, like in the NOI, who believe the religion was created by Black ancestors. Thus, they are just going back to an ancestral tradition. Either way, it is their choice.
Of course they can believe what they want. I have no problem with what anyone believes as long as they don't force it on anyone, I just question why. Islam is as a 'black' religion as Christianity or Judaism, perhaps even less so as Muhammad is reported to have said negative things toward blacks. Be that as it may, NOI is considered a cult by mainstream Muslims for obvious reasons.

quote:
The ancient Egyptians recorded all of the tribes in that area for over 3000 years, along with their phenotype. They did not record one black Arab or Hebrew. The idea that Islam was started by Black Africans is ridiculous.
Actually there are tomb depictions of ancient Arabians which show them in the same complexion as the Egyptians, such photos were posted in this forum and I wish I could find them. I have also seen quite dark pictures of Judaeans, that said I agree with your last sentence. 1st Millennium Arabia was not the same as Bronze Age Arabia.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
quote:
What you say about the name Allah I used to believe as well until I did further research. The common misconception is that Allah is a contraction of the two words Al and Ilah with the former being the article 'the' and the latter meaning god or deity in a neutral gender [il--male deity, ilat--female deity], but actually the name is simply Al and Lah. I base this on common Islamic slogans like Bismi'Lah-- in the name of Lah, and alhamduli'Lah-- praise be to Lah. Again Ra is the sun and god of light and day whereas Allah is nocturnal said to come down to collect prayers at night, and his symbol is the crescent moon and star.
Note that I didn’t argue from the standpoint of Arabic, but from proto-Semitic *?il-. There is no Proto-Semitic *lah “god”. Your breakdown is incorrect and an examination of all of the Semitic languages where this root can be found will bear this out. And due to paronymy, Ra.w is also a word for ‘god’ or ‘deity’. The rebus principle is at play here. But either way, they are not cognate because you cannot consisitently, if at all, match the phonemes ?:r, l:a, o:w in *?il- : ra.w. That’s what matters.

quote:
Actually there are tomb depictions of ancient Arabians which show them in the same complexion as the Egyptians, such photos were posted in this forum and I wish I could find them. I have also seen quite dark pictures of Judaeans, that said I agree with your last sentence. 1st Millennium Arabia was not the same as Bronze Age Arabia.
There are no Egyptian depictions of ancient black Arabians; especially those who spoke Semitic languages. The Egyptians have been consistent for over 3000 years. The same people you see there today, is the same people from 2500 BCE, etc.
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Gregws
Member # 23174

Rate Member
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gregws:
About the spelling of Allah.

Regional variants of the word Allah occur in both pagan and Christian pre-Islamic inscriptions. Different theories have been proposed regarding the role of Allah in pre-Islamic polytheistic cults.
Some authors have suggested that polytheistic Arabs used the name as a reference to a creator god or a supreme deity of their pantheon. The term may have been vague in the Meccan religion. According to one hypothesis, which goes back to Julius Wellhausen, Allah (the supreme deity of the tribal federation around Quraysh)

Ælle (also Aelle or Ella) is recorded in early sources as the first king of the South Saxons, reigning in what is now called Sussex, England, from 477 to perhaps as late as 514

What type of linguistic hocus pocus is this?

quote:

Thoughts:

They, Middle Eastern / Arabs may be the offspring of the Aglow Saxons.

and

Caesar, was a Roman dictator, politician, and military general.

Roman was a war party, they took things and enslaved humans.

The roman war cry, SEIZE HER, hence, a nick name of a roman general.

To seize is to take something eagerly, aggressively or by force.

You can seize land, plants, people and life.

Actually it's the other way around.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[….]

Are you the actual Asar Imhotep who was at Saneter Studios?
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asar Imhotep
Member # 14487

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:
[….]

Yes
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[….]

Yes
Cool, I saw the interview. Respect to that. Not a lot of people can take on or dear to take on Dr. Wesley Muhammad.

I will purchase your books, so I can have a balanced view on things.

It would be cool if more of the "Black Youtube debaters space" would come over here. There is a lot of smart and intelligent people out there.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For well over a year Minister Farrakhan doesn't want Dr. Wesley Muhammad to debate other black people

You might see some videos with "debate" in the title since then but they aren't true debates where he is physically present at the same time as someone else, going back and forth debating

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People be doing anything to sell books these days.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
People be doing anything to sell books these days.

If the author has good and balanced information, I see no problem with it.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Note that I didn’t argue from the standpoint of Arabic, but from proto-Semitic *?il-. There is no Proto-Semitic *lah “god”. Your breakdown is incorrect and an examination of all of the Semitic languages where this root can be found will bear this out. And due to paronymy, Ra.w is also a word for ‘god’ or ‘deity’. The rebus principle is at play here. But either way, they are not cognate because you cannot consisitently, if at all, match the phonemes ?:r, l:a, o:w in *?il- : ra.w. That’s what matters.

You seem to have poor reading comprehension. I never said 'lah' meant 'god' or even said that it was proto-Semitic. I simply said this is an Arabic name of the Islamic deity and NOT ilah which means god. The proto-Semitic root is il which is different from the Egyptian root ra. The consonants are different and the vowels are placed differently. Ra is masculine but there is evidence of the feminine form Rat or Raet. Il is masculine and the feminine form is ilat.
quote:
There are no Egyptian depictions of ancient black Arabians; especially those who spoke Semitic languages. The Egyptians have been consistent for over 3000 years. The same people you see there today, is the same people from 2500 BCE, etc.
Are you sure about that? If I could find them I would post you pictures of Egyptian depictions of Arabians who looked similar to the Egyptians themselves. Two tribes particular mentioned were the Hojar and Maka which were most likely encountered in the frontier city of Tayma in northwest Arabia.

This is an ancient Egyptian depiction of the head of a nomad from the Levant:

-

^ But the man is often mistaken for a Nubian for obvious reasons.

black Asiatic somewhere from the Levant

-

Note that the above were inhabitants of the Levant so it shouldn't be surprising that blacks were definitely present and native to the regions of the south that is Arabia.

You are obviously not familiar with Arabian history to make the claim that the people in Arabia today are the exact same as from the 2500 BC. You seem unfamiliar with invasion from Assyria, Aram, and later Persia. Even in the last 100 years you can see changes to populations.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4821&stc=1&d=1274882916

https://flic.kr/p/5iDwMC

The same is true with southern Arabia though more blacks persist there than in northern Arabia.

-

-

--------------------

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That headband screams Shasu.

Would be SE Med

Sinai southCanaan Jordan

Remnants? Today's Bedouin ethny??

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Yes, not only is the headband a good indicator but the fact that the tile head was found along with other tile heads of shasu from the Levant.

I still remember how many years ago that I read an Egyptology book with one scholar claiming the queen Tiye to be of Syrian descent and was surprised and puzzled by that theory and how that Egyptologist claimed that there were ancient Syrians who had the same dark phenotype. Then someone posted that tile head here. Not to mention the ancient Hebrew references to black peoples living in the southern part of Israel especially in the Negev. I don't think there could be any denying a black presence in the Levant especially not with the recent genetic evidence.

I understand that there are some black Bedouin in the region today though some are recent African extraction, they are to be distinguished from the more ancient indigenes due to their features. Even today there are black Bedouin from the Sinai to the Negev and further south into northwestern Arabia again with Biblical references to Kadar etc.

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's no Nubian but he is a Kushi.

For the longest I relied on Tiye as a Tsuri
as a proof of black Syrians <MelanoSyrian>

As more and more authentic images got to be
accessible I quit that even before STR profile

I find recent an ambiguous term.
Yes Beduin catch and retain current African blacks going to or leaving Israel.
I'm sure they do likewise with other continentals.
Watching Beduin on Israeli vids I can't tell recent from 'original'.

ADMIXTURE type analysis show a Beduin component stretching from Syria/Lebanon to Kenya/taNzania.
Well I'll be darned, that the Great Rift!

Yeah them two guys Moorjani^ and Price* showed W Afr genomes in biblical Israelites.
Yup, backing up your DNA statement

=====

Beduin 9% YRI 90 generations ago
inferred dates of 60–90 generations
correspond to about 2,000–4,000 years ago

^
Iraqi Jews 4.5% W Afr ancestry 93-137 generations ago
3–5% sub-Saharan African ancestry in the 8 diverse Jewish groups
date of the mixture of 72 generations (∼2,000 years assuming 29 years per generation)
Iraqi Jews —who are thought to descend at least in part from Jews who were exiled to Babylon about 2,600 years ago— share the signal of African admixture.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

top left 3, heads
NAHARAINA = Naharina (Mitanni), SANGARA = Sangara, TOUNIPA = Tunip
bottom left 3
SHASU = Shasu, KADSHI = Kadesh, TIKHISA = Tikhisa,

top right 3
AA = Kush (?), KALAI = Karai, MIEOU = Miu,
bottom right 3
ILIMA = Irem, GOURASES = Gurses, DJOURAIK = Tiuraik.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have reason to think that drawn figure may not be Shasu.
Mainly the hairstyle seems of some other ethny.
Then there's that kippah the guy's wearing (probable anachronism).
Yes it's possible there are Shasu types I never seen.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ I don't know about anachronism. I've seen a good share of Late Kingdom depictions of Levantine men wearing kippahs.

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

He's no Nubian but he is a Kushi.

For the longest I relied on Tiye as a Tsuri
as a proof of black Syrians <MelanoSyrian>

As more and more authentic images got to be
accessible I quit that even before STR profile

The Curse of Ham author David Goldenberg states how many ancient Hebrew texts refer to 'Kushim' (black) peoples and the Negev as a 'Kush' district.

I never bought into Tiye being Syrian or even a foreigner at all. If she were foreign I would identify her as Nubian as I've seen my fair shar of Horn Africans with her exact features.

quote:
I find recent an ambiguous term.
Yes Beduin catch and retain current African blacks going to or leaving Israel.
I'm sure they do likewise with other continentals.
Watching Beduin on Israeli vids I can't tell recent from 'original'.

ADMIXTURE type analysis show a Beduin component stretching from Syria/Lebanon to Kenya/taNzania.
Well I'll be darned, that the Great Rift!

Yeah them two guys Moorjani^ and Price* showed W Afr genomes in biblical Israelites.
Yup, backing up your DNA statement

Can you cite which admixture analysis you are speaking of? Also, tell me more about these two guys Moorjani and Price, I obviously missed this info.

quote:
=====

Beduin 9% YRI 90 generations ago
inferred dates of 60–90 generations
correspond to about 2,000–4,000 years ago

^
Iraqi Jews 4.5% W Afr ancestry 93-137 generations ago
3–5% sub-Saharan African ancestry in the 8 diverse Jewish groups
date of the mixture of 72 generations (∼2,000 years assuming 29 years per generation)
Iraqi Jews —who are thought to descend at least in part from Jews who were exiled to Babylon about 2,600 years ago— share the signal of African admixture.

I take it this ancestry is based on autosomal markers(?) Also, have you read the 2008 D.M. Behar et al. study [here] showing African maternal lineage in European Jews that connects them to the Levant and North Africa?

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ I don't know about anachronism. I've seen a good share of Late Kingdom depictions of Levantine men wearing kippahs.

Can't figure out how I missed 'em. Maybe i aint wanna see 'em?
Show me some museum worthy or Davies facs quality stuffs or
that Denkmaller. I'm ready to be corrected and informed.

quote:
Can you cite which admixture analysis you are speaking of? Also, tell me more about these two guys Moorjani and Price, I obviously missed this info.
I said ADMIXTURE type. They used STRUCTURE.
Price and Moorjani stamped by Reich and Nicky P
Northern Africa for 16,000 years thread post + ff
Mzab: Sensitive Ancestry Segment Detection thread
Schuenemann uses ADMIXTURE and I think so does El Maestro
 -  -
L redux sort by decreasing 'brown' ancestry. R Counterclockwise sort of continental Africans.
@ my shot down Natty Brown thread.

quote:
have you read the 2008 D.M. Behar et al. study [here] showing African maternal lineage in European Jews that connects them to the Levant and North Africa?
Didn't we discuss it here back when it came out?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -

top left 3, heads
NAHARAINA = Naharina (Mitanni), SANGARA = Sangara, TOUNIPA = Tunip
bottom left 3
SHASU = Shasu, KADSHI = Kadesh, TIKHISA = Tikhisa,

top right 3
AA = Kush (?), KALAI = Karai, MIEOU = Miu,
bottom right 3
ILIMA = Irem, GOURASES = Gurses, DJOURAIK = Tiuraik.

-
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[….]

Yes
What is your opinion on this?

quote:
The Semitic ecological lexicon indicates the Semitic homeland was in the Northern Levant (Kogan 2009, 18-19). The home of the Akkadians was Northern and Central Mesopotamia. From the time of the Sargonid Empire (24/23rd cent. BCE) Akkadian began to push Sumerian into Southern Mesopotamia. Akkadian also spread into Elam, Syria, and Anatolia.
~Václav Blažek
Afroasiatic migrations: linguistic evidence

quote:
He called this phylum as Erythraic, which he connected with Elamite (!) as the oldest branch to split off. Actually, V. Blažek (1994 MS Delhi) included Elamite for the first, although he only apparently meant areal cohabitation and not a genetic kinship, which was certainly not the case.
~J. Bengtson
Working version of a manuscript forthcoming in Mother Tongue 20, ed.

quote:

Our statistical tests of alternative Semitic histories support an initial divergence of Akkadian from ancestral Semitic over competing hypotheses (e.g. an African origin of Semitic). We estimate an Early Bronze Age origin for Semitic approximately 5750 years ago in the Levant, and further propose that contemporary Ethiosemitic languages of Africa reflect a single introduction of early Ethiosemitic from southern Arabia approximately 2800 years ago.
[…]

Semitic languages (Akkadian, Aramaic, Ge'ez, ancient Hebrew and Ugaritic) combined with archaeological evidence for the sampling dates of the epigraphic data (the time at which the materials were inscribed).

-

~Andrew Kitchen, Christopher Ehret, Shiferaw Assefa and Connie J. Mulligan
Bayesian phylogenetic analysis of Semitic languages identifies an Early Bronze Age origin of Semitic in the Near East
Published:29 April 2009
https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2009.0408

quote:
The modern name Elam stems from the Sumerian transliteration elam(a), along with the later Akkadian elamtu, and the Elamite haltamti. Elamite states were among the leading political forces of the Ancient Near East.[1] In classical literature Elam was also known as Susiana (US: /ˌsuːʒiˈænə/ UK: /ˌsuːziˈɑːnə/; Ancient Greek: Σουσιανή Sousiānḗ), a name derived from its capital Susa.[2]

-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elam

The people of Susa were Elamites.

-

Royal City of Susa: Ancient Near Eastern Treasures in the Louvre.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[….]

Yes
Can you explain the following?

quote:
Many assure us that the Jews are descended from those Ethiopians who were driven by fear and hatred to emigrate from their home country when Cepheus was king. There are some who say that a motley collection of landless Assyrians occupied a part of Egypt, and then built cities of their own, inhabiting the lands of the Hebrews and the nearer parts of Syria. Others again find a famous ancestry for the Jews in the Solymi who are mentioned with respect in the epics of Homer: this tribe is supposed to have founded Jerusalem (4) and named it after themselves.
~Cornelius Tacitus (AD 55 - 117), The Histories by Cornelius Tacitus.

quote:

“Haplogroup L2a1 was found in two specimens from the Southern Levant Pre-Pottery Neolithic B site at Tell Halula, Syria, dating from the period between ca. 9600 and ca. 8000 BP or 7500-6000 BCE”

~Fernández, E. et al., MtDNA analysis of ancient samples from Castellón (Spain): Diachronic variation and genetic relationships, International Congress Series, vol. 1288 (April 2006), pp. 127-129.

quote:
Jericho, Arabic Arīḥā, town located in the West Bank. Jericho is one of the earliest continuous settlements in the world, dating perhaps from about 9000 BCE. Archaeological excavations have demonstrated Jericho’s lengthy history.
https://www.britannica.com/place/Jericho-West-Bank

The British Museum

Assyria vs Elam: The battle of Til Tuba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpe7fevbReA&t=294s

The palace decoration of Ashurbanipal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxk_FtZnb7w

The original wall panel / relief

https://research.britishmuseum.org

The original wall panel / relief

-

-

-

https://research.britishmuseum.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com