EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Deshret.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Video New evidence of Egypt being Black African

Author Topic: Video New evidence of Egypt being Black African
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post 
enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfeRS6f1xmk

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does a Sphinx really need to have those facial features to represent a Black person? Haven’t you seen and posted enough photos of Africans with diverse features to know that isn’t always the case?

EDIT: Sorry, I was reacting to the opening bit about the Sphinx. Have yet to see the rest of the video.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Using the Great Sphinx's features as evidence for black Egypt is so blasé even most Afronuts have stopped using it as an example.

Meanwhile you have actual Egyptologists admitting that Egypt was 'black' and that it has been historically white-washed by Western academia including Egyptology itself!

As examples these 2 videos from Kara Cooney:

Is Egyptology racist? Short answer: Yes.

Race and Ethnicity in Ancient Egypt

And Sally-Ann Ashton's The Fitzwilliam Museum: An African Approach to Egypt

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tehutimes
Member # 21712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tehutimes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Using the Great Sphinx's features as evidence for black Egypt is so blasé even most Afronuts have stopped using it as an example.

Meanwhile you have actual Egyptologists admitting that Egypt was 'black' and that it has been historically white-washed by Western academia including Egyptology itself!

As examples these 2 videos from Kara Cooney:

Is Egyptology racist? Short answer: Yes.

Race and Ethnicity in Ancient Egypt

And Sally-Ann Ashton's The Fitzwilliam Museum: An African Approach to Egypt

I've viewed Ashton's video it was moderately factual compared to Euronut fantasies on King Tutankhamen having the same DNA as half the males of West Europe.

--------------------
Tehutimes

Posts: 115 | From: north america | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moving to Deshret section.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com