EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egypt and Punt connection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient Egypt and Punt connection
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.britannica.com/place/Punt-historical-region-Africa

I wonder if Horners picked up any Egyptian ancestry from these trade contacts and expeditions.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the reverse as well, if there were also Puntites traveling to Egypt?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7082 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elijah The Tishbite:

https://www.britannica.com/place/Punt-historical-region-Africa

I wonder if Horners picked up any Egyptian ancestry from these trade contacts and expeditions.

Well the Egyptians themselves, specifically Upper Egyptians, say their ancestors come from Punt so it's the other way around.

By the way, the real connection or link between Egypt and Punt is Nubia.

This proven by cranial morphology...

Irish 2010
 -

Brothwell 2016
 -

and dental morphology.

Irish 2010 (dental nonmetrics)
 -

From Haddow 2012
 -

Parahu wrote:
Dental non-metric analysis of ancient and modern African populations. The Ethiopia sample has closest biodistance values with the North African samples, particularly the Carthaginian (0.000), Badarian Egyptian (0.001), Pharaonic Nubian (0.002), Kabyle Berber (0.003), and A-Group Nubian (0.005) samples. Other Horn of Africa and North Africa samples in non-metric analyses have instead shown Sub-Saharan ties, which reflects the spurious nature of non-metric analysis as compared to the consistent and genetically-controlled metric analysis (Haddow 2012).

Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com