EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » EID

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EID
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the holiday approaching I just wanted to find out what others were doing in preparation at this beautiful time.

Take care.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nooralhaq

Can you tell me which of the two Eids has more significance for a muslim. Is it this one or the one at the end of Ramadam. I also remember there is a fasting day just before this Eid, when is that and what is for?

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Penny, I hope you're doing well.

In response to your question:
we have 2 Eids in Islam, the one after Ramadan and this is because we eat after all the month of fasting, being happy that we did one corner of the five corners of Islam (fasting).
- the other one because of :
do you know our prophet Ibrahim ?? and his son prophet also Ismail ??
this prophet has dreamed one day that he is slaughering his son to give it as offering for Allah, and that was a real check from Allah to him to see his faithful, but he really said that to his son, and asked him what do you think ??, but the son was obedient and said to him if Allah ordered you with that, then I can't say no, and for real the father prophet gets his son and gets a very hot knife and didn't look to his son's eyes to be able to do that, but after that immediately and before he do that he heard a voice from the sky calling him, " Ibrahim you really have to believe the view you saw' and then a very big sheep was sent from the sky to be slaughter instead of the son, and then this day has been a feast for Muslims because in that day Allah sacrificed the son with this sheep, (you have to know that our prophet Mohamed is one of the grandsons of the son Ismail), and the day before this Eid is for pilgrimages who stands on the mountain of Arafat all the time of this day, and we fast this day because our prophet Mohamed said fasting in this day makes Allah forgive of faults for past year and next year. Inshallah.

Hope this helps somewhat.
(I wrote this quickly hope it's readable)

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Eid Penny and Nooralhaq !
Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks nooralhaq and yes Happy Eid to everyone, hope you all enjoy this special time.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Eid Sara and Penny, I am really looking forward to it.

Take care.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com