EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » I THOUGHT MUSLIMS WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP OTHER MUSLIMS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I THOUGHT MUSLIMS WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP OTHER MUSLIMS
Geneva
Member # 7795

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Geneva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone please tell me why these Muslims did not help the other Muslim?

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2675922

Posts: 112 | From: egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that man seriously needs to see DENTIST ,
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
serious freak show going on there.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I find odd is rich families that fund this type of "research" or "faith healing" often send their own kin to the mental health institutions in Minnesota.

So if their money is good enough for these "researchers" and "faith healers" then its good enough for their own family members, but obviously not.

I also noticed how the "researchers" and "faith healers" were extremely patronizing, rude, and condescending towards the freaking out person.

If you want to know if someone is a fraud then give him/her a battery of psychological tests before judging their diagnosis. that should be a dead give away right there that thes professional "healers" "researchers" are fakes.

We have something called "Teen Challenge" here in Minneapolis. No therapy, none of them see a shrink or therapist and they continue to recieve increased federal, state, and LGA funding on top of private funding while actual treatment centers have had their budgets cut by 40% pushing patients in need into juvenile delinquency centers.

While treatment centers (mental institutions) grant a whooping 40% improvment, the "Teen Challenge" often finds their clients on the streets, in jails and continueing drugs on the range of 80% recidivism. Hence "Teen Challenge's" program of faith healing has actually worsen the lives of their clients and society in general.

Besides doesn't the Quran say "go to the professional to seek advice"? I believe "faith healing" is just another form of rejecting western science. Besides many of the Greek scientific texts that Aveiros (?)Rushidi and others translated (I think aristotle started the basis of psychological evaluation) and "talk therapy" was introduced by physicians during early caliphate history in Baghdad.

If it was good enough for Muslims in Baghdad why reject it now?

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Geneva:
Can someone please tell me why these Muslims did not help the other Muslim?

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2675922

Hi, Geneva,

I don't know enough about what's going on in this video, but it seems very similar to Catholic exorcisms or Evangelical Christians' *laying of hands.* Plus, it seemed many on that panel thought the guy was faking, so that might be why they didn't help him.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com