EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » zionists

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: zionists
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zionism is a political movement and ideology that supports a homeland for the Jewish people in the Land of Israel, where the Jewish nation originated over 3,200 years ago and where Jewish kingdoms and self-governing states have existed up to the 2nd century. While Zionism is based in part upon religious tradition linking the Jewish people to the Land of Israel, the modern movement was originally secular, beginning largely as a response to rampant antisemitism in Europe and many parts of the Muslim world during the 19th Century. After a number of advances and setbacks, and after the Holocaust had destroyed much of the existing Jewish society in Germany, the Zionist movement culminated in the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948. It is however, important to note that the Zionist movement predates the Holocaust by some ninety years, hence the aftermath of the Holocaust did not lead to the creation of the State of Israel.
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the sun is hot and bears go to the restroom in the woods.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it makes you think...about everything atheists try to feed to you..

--------------------

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
oops wrong thread

--------------------

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol lol lol lol hahahahah very funny ATHEIST MY ASS [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
no, I posted the atheist comment in the wrong thread..the webmaster won't let me deleat posts (OR EDIT THEM)...the atheist comment was for this thread..

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001933

--------------------

nafisa
Member # 11509

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nafisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion the Holocaust was the culmination of persecution of the Jews over hundred of years. During the previous 100 years leading upto the Holocaust, Pogroms in Russia and Eastern European villages were a regular occurence often wiping out complete families. In Russia under the Tsar Jewish families that had often lived in their villages for generations were ordered to leave -but to where? All these people had every known was the country that they were born in. So where did these people go? The US, UK other Western European countries whilst Zionists more saw Eretz Israel (Palestine to us) as their future homeland.

In answer to your initial comment, I believe that the events of the Holocaust DID lead to the creation of Israel. There were thousands of displaced Holocaust survivors who were determined to get to Palestine whether by legal of illegal means and I feel that the West were now more sympathetic to the Jewish desire for their own state.

Posts: 51 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
ur no it was not u cant use that it was signed long before the holecaust happened it jkust looked at it at the time ....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com