EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Cnverting to Islam!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cnverting to Islam!
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Polina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to everyone!
I'm new on this forum and I'm inetersted to findout how other Muslims look on the ppl who convert to Islam from Christianity,and how husband and his family look on a cnverted wife?Is there any difference between born Muslim and the ppl who get convert?Thank u to all,and I hope I'll find my answers!

Posts: 169 | From: somewhere | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new to this. But I find that a new convert is generally received with open arms. Of course providing that the decision was genuine.

Muslims love to see people convert. I don't think it matters what religion they are converting from. Converting becuase it is in your heart is what I think matters.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed. I've heard some stories of converts being rejected by muslims from other countries, but Ive never seen it. Most converts I've met are mauled by people who want to welcome them and offer them "advice". One thing I do hear and see is converts complaining about all this "advice". Word to the wise,converts shouldnt necessarily get their islam from other muslims. My good good friends uncle married a white lady who converted to islam, reaaally converted, shes such a good muslim alhumdulilah. And shes totally one of the family. Now she has kids, and theyre religious too. My cousin just married a girl whose mom converted to islam, and whose dad was a "born" muslim. We welcomed her into her family, and shes religious. (well, not THAT religious, but thats her preference :-)
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Polina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u so much...now I belive that there is no need to be scared(as I am),if I listen to my heart and convert.Belive me,all things u all said gave me courage I didn't have before!But also,I heard from some frd that if someone convert to Islam,must change his/hers name?Is that true or no?And thanx again.....
Posts: 169 | From: somewhere | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, thats not true. You can keep your name, some people like to change their names, but you can absolutely keep yours. You're converting to islam? wow mashallah. congratulations,lol, and welcome!
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Polina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u Hibbah!We r following each other throught this forum,right?Abt Islam,I'm seriously thinking abt that!And now, when u r here,I need to know wht means "Wallahi"?Will u help again?
Hibbah
Member # 12156

lol, ofcourse. Wallahi means "I swear to God". Its a big time promise, it shouldnt be used lightly (althought I think some arab speaking people do).
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
polina, generally most 'born' muslims will welcome you with open arms for reverting to Islam, but hey whats it matter if they dont? Its between you and God, no one else. And contrary to popular beleif even 'born' muslims have to study their religion as knowledge is not something they are naturally born with [Big Grin]

I wish for you that Allah guides you as He already has done, and that you do this for YOU and no one else [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Polina, i didn't change my name when I converted, this is the name my mother gave to me, and it doesn't change what I believe nor does changing your name make you a better/worse muslim. Best of luck [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 3:

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 97:

Narrated Abu Burda's father:

Allah's Apostle said "Three persons will have a double reward:

1. A Person from the people of the scriptures who believed in his prophet (Jesus or Moses) and then believed in the Prophet Muhammad (i .e. has embraced Islam).

2. A slave who discharges his duties to Allah and his master.

3. A master of a woman-slave who teaches her good manners and educates her in the best possible way (the religion) and manumits her and then marries her."

btw, Sahih Bukhari is an authentic book of Hadith

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Ppl thank u all!Honestly I was scared abt this subject more than I should.It might be,coz ppl is always scared from unknown!Anyway,my belief is in my heart,like ur is urs....Now I can sleep as a baby!
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to visit other forums as well. I tend to hang out at islamicboard.com and then the woman's forum over at islamway.com . They are very helpful with questions like this.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Thank u for advice Doodlebug.I shall visit that site!
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations polina, i am new to islam too and have had loads of questions answered and felt very welcome by most people. I have read some good books lately, if you'd like to know what they are feel free to pm me... [Smile]
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Thank u Caterpillar,every new information now,means a lot to me...
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wallahi means "I swear to God". Its a big time promise, it shouldnt be used lightly (althought I think some arab speaking people do).

It is my understanding that "Wallahi" means............REALLY! So that is how I hear it used, and I use it. Would like to know what others say. Maybe I've been told wrong here.

shukran

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, "Wallahi" means "I swear by Allah" and as hibbah said it should not be said lightly, but it has sadly become as much a part of everyday speech with little of its original meaning as "Oh God!" and "Jesus!" now have to English speaking Christians.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

whats wrong with you? He quoted a hadith which says that a person who converted to islam will have double reward. why would you tell him to shutup?
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u have such a imagination think and rewrite ..alucinating as well ..
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

lol, you are nuts. i hope you're not serious.
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
i sure am ..AND !!
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Polina, i didn't change my name when I converted, this is the name my mother gave to me, and it doesn't change what I believe nor does changing your name make you a better/worse muslim. Best of luck [Smile]

your mother named you 'with a name like smuckers'?? [Eek!]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL [Big Grin] yea, she like Jam [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Ayisha thank u.As u can gues I'll be new in whole that situation,and I have a million quess. on that subject!
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would highly recommend that you read this book: Ajourney to Mecca(1853)
written by:Richard Francis Burton

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Thanks Bibo!I'll try to find it!
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana uhibbuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a christian and considering converting to Muslim. I was told that in order to be a Muslim, you must first read the Holy Bible for Christians and the Holy Book (not sure of what they call it) for Jews. I was told you must have an understanding of both religions as a Muslim. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
Posts: 50 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS IS NOT TRUE. YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANY TRUE BOOK OF THE JEW OR THE CHRISTIAN EXIST. ALL R GONE AND CORRUPTED BY BAD PEOPLE.

THE ONLY HEAVENLY BOOK THAT IS PROTECTED IS QURAN TO BE A GUIE TO THE HUMAN BEING. WE BELIEVE THERE WERE HEAVENLY BOOK BROUGHT TO US BY THE PROPHETS JESUS AND MOSES. QURAN SAYS TO US THAT SOME BAD PEOPLE CORRUPT THE OTHER HEAVENLY BOOKS.

TO UNDERSTAND http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ana uhibbuk:
I am a christian and considering converting to Muslim. I was told that in order to be a Muslim, you must first read the Holy Bible for Christians and the Holy Book (not sure of what they call it) for Jews. I was told you must have an understanding of both religions as a Muslim. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

It really depends on the school of thought and whose opinion you receive. I would thoroughly find out everything you need to know before converting to Islam and if you find that Islam is the best choice for you , then go for it. Be a little weary of fanatics who will try to corrupt you and please, talk to Muslim Clerics, Sheikhs, and other religious leaders or members of the mosque to find out about Islam. Some people on this board who give you advice, check out their previous posts to see what you think of their opinions on Islam and also about Western people, Christians, or Jews.
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Thanks Just Call!I'm already doing that,belive me!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com