EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Senior Political Analyst admits he's afraid to criticize Islam publicly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Senior Political Analyst admits he's afraid to criticize Islam publicly
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawrence O’Donnell, Jr., is MSNBC’s Senior Political Analyst and a panelist on “The McLaughlin Group.” He has won a reputation over the years for a volcanic temper, and has gained attention recently for an emotional attack on Mormonism.

Larry O’Donnell admits he’s afraid to criticize Islam publicly
posted at 2:03 pm on December 11, 2007 by Bryan
Send to a Friend | printer-friendly

Consider this post a companion post to Allah’s, about the Muslim man who murdered his daughter because she wouldn’t wear the hijab. If you criticize the man and/or his religious motivation, consider yourself more courageous than one of the MSM’s prominent pundits.

That pundit is Larry O’Donnell, who was last seen going nuts on Mormons. O’Donnell appeared on the Hugh Hewitt show yesterday and over the course of the conversation, made this admission.

HH: Would you say the same things about Mohammed as you just said about Joseph Smith?

LO’D: Oh, well, I’m afraid of what the…that’s where I’m really afraid. I would like to criticize Islam much more than I do publicly, but I’m afraid for my life if I do.

HH: Well, that’s candid.

LO’D: Mormons are the nicest people in the world. They’re not going to ever…

HH: So you can be bigoted towards Mormons, because they’ll just send you a strudel.

LO’D: They’ll never take a shot at me. Those other people, I’m not going to say a word about them.

HH: They’ll send you a strudel. The Mormons will bake you a cake and be nice to you.

LO’D: I agree.

HH: Lawrence O’Donnell, I appreciate your candor.

Doesn’t that say it all? Jack M. delivers the justified smackdown.

Way to stand up for your beliefs, Larry! What a magnificent example of modern liberal thought you are! Why a more assertive defense of “speaking truth to power” I’ve never seen!!!111!!!11!1eleventy!

You freaking hypocrite.

You know, liberals really are the prototypical schoolyard bully. They are perfectly willing to badger and berate all those they perceive as easy victims. In fact, just think of their demands for your milkmoney as a form of taxation.

But the minute they face the threat (real or imagined) that they are going to get their clock cleaned, all their First Amendment Courage disappears in a yellow ink stained puddle down their leg.

To hypocrite I would add “useless coward.” The one global struggle in which our basics rights are actually on the line, and liberals like O’Donnell don’t have the backbone to join up on the right side. They stick to attacking safe targets like the Osmonds when the ayatollahs are out there working on nukes and who knows what else.

I wonder, who else out there agrees with O’Donnell on this but lacks even the courage to admit that? Does, for instance, Naomi Wolf actually attack Bush as a tyrant because she’s secure in the knowledge that he won’t actually turn the awesome power of the government on her? Do all those atheists and secular leftists out there who spend so much energy criticizing Christians while ignoring Islam do so because they, like O’Donnell, know Christians won’t respond with violence but Muslims will?

Update: And when CAIR instructs the MSM what to say and how to say it with regard to Islam, what will MSM pundits like Larry O’Donnell do? Will they denounce the instructions or will they meekly acquiesce?

web page

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The McLaughlin Group doesn’t this group include the conservative Pat Buchannan who hates non caucasians, Muslims, Jews, women, gays, you if you are not a white Christian male then you are on his hit list, heck he even bashed Dr. Martin Luther King. This is an example of his rhetoric and I quote:

"The real liberators of American women were not the feminist noise-makers; they were the automobile, the supermarket, the shopping center, the dishwasher, the washer-dryer, the freezer."

And doesn’t this group include Anthony Blankley a known Islamophobe?!

Now lets’s talk about Lawrence O’Donnel the man claiming he is silenced [Big Grin] Wasn’t he the one who said “I would call Muhammad a rapist and racist but Muslims would kill me” – duh you just did [Big Grin] – that doesn’t sound like being afraid of saying what his sick mind thinks – there is more spew from his so-claimed silenced mouth.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com