EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Is the Modern Western Church the Spirtual Church of Laodicia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is the Modern Western Church the Spirtual Church of Laodicia
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev. 3:14-22 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Is this Letter adressed to the Church in the West who have abandoned the love of God Jesus and the Father God for Money, Thou are Neither Cold nor Hot...

http://www.anysearchinfo.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Joel-Osteen.jpg

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked

http://www.trinityfi.org/images/jakes_wapost_house.jpg

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich

http://creflodollar.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/creflo-dollar.jpg

and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear

IS God Removing the Candle stick from the West...

http://www.albatrus.org/english/living/images/eurabia.jpg

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Is this Letter adressed to the Church in the West who have abandoned the love of God Jesus and the Father God for Money, Thou are Neither Cold nor Hot..."

That's a pretty heavy statement there Jari, especially from one who doesn't have anything to do with the Western Church, and therefore cannot have a clue what he is talking about!

"IS God Removing the Candle stick from the West..."

Perhaps if we try refraining from red meat He might change His mind, eh?

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a pretty heavy statement there Jari, especially from one who doesn't have anything to do with the Western Church, and therefore cannot have a clue what he is talking about!

This is pretty much an ignorant statement, You have no clue what my relationship with the Church is except that I choose in my adult life not to attend church as of yet.

Thus said you are a hypocrite, angry and upset because you want to Tell God what You want to do and you want to obey your Seminary trained Pastor...instead of humbling yourself to the word of God and not man.

Perhaps if we try refraining from red meat He might change His mind, eh?

The Red Meat is one of the many problems and goes to the basic root which is Pride. You can mock me all you want, Im as guilty as you are but its really not a laughing matter. When you have Christians being persecuted around the world and a once respected faith quickly being abandond for Athiesm and Islam, and quickly becoming a laughing stock. With people infiltrating the Church dressed in 2,000 Dollar Suits and 500,000 dollar houses, Im not laughing nor am I Joking and Nor is God or Jesus lauging.

The Church in Laodicia no longer exists, So Laugh and Mock...Meanwhile..

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

God's word says a different tune...

but then again, you don't really care much for God's word do you??

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't follow mainstream Christianity or a main stream sect. I don't go to Church(For my own personal reasons),"

The clue given in the above (plus your reliance on the written words of scripture over and above the Word of God (Jesus)) is that you are a queer Christian by your own admittance!

Among my many failings, I probably am a hypocrite to some extent, and I am a bit angry, yes, and a bit upset, yes, because I have before me someone who is trying to negate the ultimate sacrifice of my lord Jesus! Btw, I'm sorry to have to tell you that I do not have a "Seminary trained Pastor" to obey. I obey God's leading of me by His Holy Spirit. Remember, "If the Son shall make ye free, ye shall be free indeed!"

Can't you see that it really is a "laughing matter"? Here you are telling me that I am committing all sorts of sin, including having "pride", while you are proudly proclaiming that you don't eat red meat etc etc, because the scripture forbids it! Are you some sort of Pharisee? Do you also stand in the town square to say your prayers?
God lives in us, and assures us of His Love and Grace through the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. Only Jesus makes this possible, the words of scripture are a tool to bring us to the realisation that we are removed from God by our sin, and that the only road back to Him is by giving our all to Jesus!
I'm also sorry to have to tell you that Christianity is not a "Hear and Obey" religion, (or in your case "Read and Obey") it is more a case of "Trust and Obey". God has given us a brain to use, to make decisions, to sense His calling and His presence and to enable us to express our love and devotion to Him.
You can see a lot of this in "mainstream Christianity" or some "mainstream sects" and also in many a "Church". Even you might find it beneficial to congregate with a few of God's people on occasion, and get to know what "mainstream Christianity" is all about.

It certainly IS NOT about keeping rules to please a vengeful god!

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
The clue given in the above (plus your reliance on the written words of scripture over and above the Word of God (Jesus)) is that you are a queer Christian by your own admittance!

I follow the words of Jesus, another generalization on your part. Second how can you follow the Word of God and the Word's of Jesus if you don't read the written words of Scripture, Pray and seek God. Your attacks are null and void so you can give it up already, your insults won't do anything damaging to me.

Among my many failings, I probably am a hypocrite to some extent, and I am a bit angry, yes, and a bit upset, yes, because I have before me someone who is trying to negate the ultimate sacrifice of my lord Jesus!

No you are angry because you don't want to follow Jesus nor heed him. You want to do what you wan't to do. I already gave my case for the blood issuie if you had a reasonable rebuttal you would have given it so now you jump to accusations.

Btw, I'm sorry to have to tell you that I do not have a "Seminary trained Pastor" to obey. I obey God's leading of me by His Holy Spirit. Remember, "If the Son shall make ye free, ye shall be free indeed!

Yet you mock God's scriptures and pretend to follow the Same God, Jesus and Holy spirit that the Scriptures testify of.

Here you are telling me that I am committing all sorts of sin, including having "pride", while you are proudly proclaiming that you don't eat red meat etc etc, because the scripture forbids it! Are you some sort of Pharisee? Do you also stand in the town square to say your prayers?

LOL, I never said you were sinning and Im holier than thou because I don't eat red meat. No where did I boast that Im a better person than you, I gave scripture to Ayisha and you butted in the conversation and I clarfied it for you and now you seem angry and upset. BTW Im guilty of many Sins, many many sins..and I have never said otherwise.

Are you some sort of Pharisee? Do you also stand in the town square to say your prayers?

Once again your insults are null and void, you can quit while you are ahead. Adress the topic.

I'm also sorry to have to tell you that Christianity is not a "Hear and Obey" religion, (or in your case "Read and Obey") it is more a case of "Trust and Obey".

LOL, Who are You or anyone to dictate what God says. God says to refeain from Idolotry and you say its o.k, God says to Refrain from Sexual immorality you say its o.k, God says refrain from Eating blood, you say its O.K.

As I said you want to do what you want, not what Jesus or God Says. Jesus is the Amen.

You can see a lot of this in "mainstream Christianity" or some "mainstream sects" and also in many a "Church". Even you might find it beneficial to congregate with a few of God's people on occasion, and get to know what "mainstream Christianity" is all about. I love God's people and love to congregate with God's people, I pray that God's people get out of the current state we or in or that more people can come to the Truth out of Sin like I did when I was an Agnostic, even you and D-oro and even
Ayisha deserve my prayers.

It certainly IS NOT about keeping rules to please a vengeful god!

I don't see it as a rule, as much as I don't see staying away from Idolotry as a rule. Im not the final authority on the word Jesus is, if you feel Im in error pray for me. If you want to eat Red Mean go ahead, I may be wrong after all. Pray about it and seek God and he will reveal it to you just as he did to me.

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Well, it seems that we must agree to disagree on this.

As John Wesley was quoted as saying, "If your heart is as my heart: then give me your hand!"

God bless you.
p.s. I never said that I don't read scripture, I've been doing so for over 40 years.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
Yes you are correct and God Bless you too

BTW, are you Coptic??

D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Mat 15:15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Mat 15:20 These are [the things] which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

--------------------
www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
How can people not see the brilliance of Jesus Christ..

"Let them alone, they be blind leaders of the blind. and if the blind lead the blind both shall fall into the ditch"..

Amazing.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is the Truth.....We must follow his teachings and show people that we as Christians walk "Christ" like. As the Bible teaches we "ALL" fall short:
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Christ was born to save mankind from themselves, Sadly we see with the Vatican a turning away from the Bible. Instead of teaching to abstain from sex, Sadly the pope now says that condoms is okay. As we see people are being led away by people that are supposed to know better.

As the Bible states:John 15:18-20 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

So we see that God chose the Christians out of the world. Whats happening in the world today is sad and distressing, But as True Christians we must persevere through. I hope that we as True Believers can touch the hearts of the people and show them that Jesus is the only way to the love of God. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can Live, assured that we have eternal life through his sacrifice and his Love for All people. Thats why he states in: Matthew 28:18-20

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So people as difficult as it can be for us in this corrupt world, We must stand strong on the Word and understand that though we may face anger and hatred, We must try and share the Gospels with people and as long as we save even ONE person, it's better then keeping the Good News of the Gospels to ourselves. Let the Love of God Guide us in this cold world and protect us from any harm and danger.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com