EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Muslim group issues warning to ‘South Park’

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muslim group issues warning to ‘South Park’
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36696093/ns/entertainment-television

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:S0v4mrD31jYJ:www.revolutionmuslim.com/+Revolution+muslim&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn
Member # 16462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unicorn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've personally never really liked this show a whole lot, but I find it disappointing to read on some American sites are saying that in subsequent episode of South Park, the character voice was bleeped out. So much for America's freedom of speech.
Posts: 53 | From: What goes around, comes around | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is actually really funny when you think about a while back, South Park had an episode of this exact same issue (though in it, they were claiming Family Guy where showing the image).
Isn't Jesus meant to be a prophet too? SO many times south park et el have taken digs at Jesus, without problems. But when it comes to Muhammad...
Talk about favouritism!

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WATCH CNN'S INTERVIEW WITH THE POST'S AUTHOR
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/islamic_mo_full/
Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon Stewart Stands Up For 'South Park (VIDEO)

Last night Jon Stewart came to the aid of his Comedy Central family, defending "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone for their controversial (and censored) episode in which they portrayed Muhammad.

The censorship by Comedy Central was meant to protect Parker and Stone, following death threats from radical, NY-based Revolution Muslim. Yeah, NY based, which according to Stewart means that while they praise Osama Bin Laden and celebrate 9/11, they have access our theater district, Jewish delis, and parks.

"These numbnuts get to enjoy it. All because of how much we, in this country, value and protect even their freedom of expression. "
Stewart, himself, is no stranger to mocking religions. After acknowledging how well each faith has handled the show's ridicule, he presented an epic reel of the show's religion jokes over the years.

And keeping consistent with the theme of the week, Stewart had one last thing to say to Revolution Muslim: "Go F--k Yourselves." And again, he did it through song. Nice way to close out a strong week for the "Daily Show."

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Something is wrong with the above link. Try this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/23/jon-stewart-stands-up-for_n_549178.html

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Jon Stewart Stands Up For 'South Park (VIDEO)

Last night Jon Stewart came to the aid of his Comedy Central family, defending "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone for their controversial (and censored) episode in which they portrayed Muhammad.

The censorship by Comedy Central was meant to protect Parker and Stone, following death threats from radical, NY-based Revolution Muslim. Yeah, NY based, which according to Stewart means that while they praise Osama Bin Laden and celebrate 9/11, they have access our theater district, Jewish delis, and parks.

"These numbnuts get to enjoy it. All because of how much we, in this country, value and protect even their freedom of expression. "
Stewart, himself, is no stranger to mocking religions. After acknowledging how well each faith has handled the show's ridicule, he presented an epic reel of the show's religion jokes over the years.

And keeping consistent with the theme of the week, Stewart had one last thing to say to Revolution Muslim: "Go F--k Yourselves." And again, he did it through song. Nice way to close out a strong week for the "Daily Show."

Jon Stewart and the creators of south park, I've seen both make jokes against Goy and Muslim Prophets but no jokes on Jewish Prophets.

So its a conflict of interest entirely, either of them are not being fair.

Jon Stewarts comments about the terrorists having access to Jewish private businesses is in regards to a threat against Riverdale temple last year.

The man who made the threat against Riverdale temple was seriously mentally ill, not an organized radical group.

And there have been plenty of threats against Riverdale Temple by Jewish person; but that does't get in the news.

Jon Stewart is really turning into an idiot, bringing out the worst in his Jewish background and not the typical Jew in that extent; he's practicing exclusivity and on a superiority trip.

In the end Jon Stewart sounds more like the guy from the terrorist organization CNN interview than the average adherent Jew. Thats hollywood for you!

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Watch the video. He shows many instances where he makes jokes about Jews and other religions.

What he is disagreeing about is not that someone gets upset but that someone makes death threats.

upppp
Member # 17518

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for upppp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched both of the episodes..
It was very disappointing that we didn't get to see Muhammed.
For a second I thought Santa was him and he's been undercover all along.. turns out Santa was just covering up for the kids..

Tom cruise extracted the goo out of Muhammed, which he wanted to use to become criticism-proof like Muhammed. fortunately they didn't show the goo milking process! he he he [Big Grin]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Watch the video. He shows many instances where he makes jokes about Jews and other religions.

What he is disagreeing about is not that someone gets upset but that someone makes death threats.

You've seen the CHristmas Poo expisode haven't you?

The creators are Jewish, so they can make Jewish culture jokes, yet don't forget to make jokes about any Prophet as long as those Prophets are Jesus and Mohamed.

Yeah there's a huge difference between making jokes about faith culture and making jokes about Prophets that are not yours.

So I stand by my earlier comment.

Personally South Park isn't getting much notice lately and its novelties aren't selling, its more about making a profit than making a stance.

Until Trey and Parker start up with the Purim and Passover jokes and actually make jokes about kosher law I won't buy into their jesting.

Christians are all about Jesus, Jews are about law and culture. Difference here is its difficult to insult Christian culture, its identifiably easy to insult Jewish culture; but to insult Jewish interuptation of their Prophets.... Parker and Trey haven't crossed any lines. Goys are just way to ignorant of Judiasm to understand what is truly insulting to Jewish faith.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

I don't watch South Park so I have not seen the Christmas Poo episode. Nor do I care if they poo on Christmas.

I have seen things before that would be considered insulting about Jesus. Actually using Gods name in vain is an insult and calling Jesus a prophet is an insult when we believe him to be the living word of God. So even though you have insulted my God metinoot I would be much more offended if someone threatened to kill you because of it than I am of the insult. I want you to have freedoms to choose how you believe because that safeguards my freedom to choose how I believe.

I am astounded that you are much more offended from a cartoon than you are that someone is using your religion to spread hate. Why aren't you posting instead that Islam is the religion of peace and that the professed Muslim with the hate website is wrong to promote killing?

A mighty God can take care of himself. My job is not to harbor hate.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
I don't watch South Park so I have not seen the Christmas Poo episode. Nor do I care if they poo on Christmas.

I have seen things before that would be considered insulting about Jesus. Actually using Gods name in vain is an insult and calling Jesus a prophet is an insult when we believe him to be the living word of God. So even though you have insulted my God metinoot I would be much more offended if someone threatened to kill you because of it than I am of the insult. I want you to have freedoms to choose how you believe because that safeguards my freedom to choose how I believe.

I am astounded that you are much more offended from a cartoon than you are that someone is using your religion to spread hate. Why aren't you posting instead that Islam is the religion of peace and that the professed Muslim with the hate website is wrong to promote killing?

NIce but you missed my point completely.

My issue with your statements (especailly since you don't actually watch south park and I used to)
is the fact you assume that the cartoon pokes fun at Jewish faith, it does not, it barely makes fun of Jewish culture.

I do have a problem with this terrorist group, which is why I stated its a terrorist group.

Islam is not my faith so I won't go around professing anything about Islam, not my business.

Now I am Protestant, I view and believe Jesus is a Prophet, not a Messiah. If you have a problem with my belief then tough cookies.

What I do have a problem with is the creators of South Park cutting down Jesus and Mohamed. I've seen their episodes and I have not seen or heard one insult against Jewish Prophets, Jewish Law, or Jewish ritual/rites.

So no the creators of South Park chose only to insult specific secular and cultural forms of Jewish community and then take a huge dump on Christian and Muslim Prophets.

Then the little fuckers hide behind free speech, while they criticize the terrorist group for exercising their right to free speech.

So apologies to your god "of_gold", but I believe in the God of pre-Catholic Christianity. Whatever god you chose to believe in I hope its around to claim your soul when the time comes.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

NIce but you missed my point completely.

My issue with your statements (especailly since you don't actually watch south park and I used to)
is the fact you assume that the cartoon pokes fun at Jewish faith, it does not, it barely makes fun of Jewish culture.

I do have a problem with this terrorist group, which is why I stated its a terrorist group.

Islam is not my faith so I won't go around professing anything about Islam, not my business.

Now I am Protestant, I view and believe Jesus is a Prophet, not a Messiah. If you have a problem with my belief then tough cookies.

What I do have a problem with is the creators of South Park cutting down Jesus and Mohamed. I've seen their episodes and I have not seen or heard one insult against Jewish Prophets, Jewish Law, or Jewish ritual/rites.

So no the creators of South Park chose only to insult specific secular and cultural forms of Jewish community and then take a huge dump on Christian and Muslim Prophets.

Then the little fuckers hide behind free speech, while they criticize the terrorist group for exercising their right to free speech.

So apologies to your god "of_gold", but I believe in the God of pre-Catholic Christianity. Whatever god you chose to believe in I hope its around to claim your soul when the time comes.

how many Gods do you think there are sono? [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

The issue is not with South Park. I don't watch it, it doesn't appeal to me. But I do watch Jon Stewart and I think he is hilarious and he does poke fun at Jews.

The issue is death threats. Death threats are not free speech. They are a threat against someones life.

Stating that it is a terrorist group does not show that you have a problem with it. That would be like saying "It's a priest" when we hear about them molesting children. Kinda like giving them a pass.

From my perspective the terrorist group is the one degrading Islam by saying that God is commanding them to terrorize. If you watch the JS video you will see one of his colleagues, who is Muslim, saying that very thing.

INHO, There is nothing wrong with being offend and expressing it. There is something wrong with making a threat on someones life and saying that God wants you to do it.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
The issue is not with South Park. I don't watch it, it doesn't appeal to me. But I do watch Jon Stewart and I think he is hilarious and he does poke fun at Jews.

The issue is death threats. Death threats are not free speech. They are a threat against someones life.

Stating that it is a terrorist group does not show that you have a problem with it. That would be like saying "It's a priest" when we hear about them molesting children. Kinda like giving them a pass.

From my perspective the terrorist group is the one degrading Islam by saying that God is commanding them to terrorize. If you watch the JS video you will see one of his colleagues, who is Muslim, saying that very thing.

INHO, There is nothing wrong with being offend and expressing it. There is something wrong with making a threat on someones life and saying that God wants you to do it.

Notice how the title of this thread is "Muslim group issues warning...." Not "Terrorist group issues warning...."

I don't confuse this group with Islam.

Okay your problem is with the terrorist group, I didn't explicit state that I support the terrorist group; but I didn't indicate that I agree with the terrorist group either.

You are assuming and reading into my statements for things that are not there.

So I will give you my observations on your statements "you are either with us or with the terrorists".

Jon Stewart and the South Park creators poke fun at Jewish culture not at the law, rites/rituals, and Prophets of the Jewish faith. BUt both Jon Stewart and the creators of South Park have insulted Jesus and Mohamed the Prophets.

Since WW2 white western christians have allowed Jewish media and Jewish hollywood folks to insult the basis and Prophet of the Christian faith.

Unfortunately on the terrorists find this trend to be improper. Just because they are terrorists doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate grudge, they way they express the grudge is improper.

And don't talk to me about Priests, I am not a Catholic and I don't criticize a child molesting, as I won't condemn a terrorist group's grudge but I will condemn the way they express their call to action.

Just like I am not posting "Please be a good catholic molest children". Is the same as "kill infidels for insulting a Prophet". I haven't stated either you just chose to interupt my words as such.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This never happens with any pther group except Muslims. People day in and day out make fun of, ridicule and bash Christ and Christianity, Bash Judaism, Bash any religion but when it comes to Islam they expect people to bow down or face violence.

This is typical of the Muslim trash now infecting the west. Good work, your killing and murders of people who are against your cult is going to ruin the freedom of speech in America.

Posts: 8806 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com