EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » holiest place in Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: holiest place in Egypt?
Larkspur
Member # 18592

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you help me answer this question?
What Egypt location is revered by Christians and Jews as the site of a sacred revelation? To most Muslims it is one of the holiest places in the world. Where is it?

There is a picture of symbols from 3 religions - a Christin cross, a Jewish star of David, and a Muslin crescent.

Posts: 18 | From: Massachusetts USA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mount Sinai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Sinai

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
Member # 18592

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laura,

Thanks for your help! Mt. Sinai, St. Catherine's Monastery was the correct answer according to the person who challenged me to find the answer.
Mount Sinai (Gebel Musa or Mountain of Moses in Arabic) is identified with the biblical Mount Horeb where Moses spent 40 days and received the tablets bearing the Ten Commandments. Mount Sinai is one of few places in the Quran specifically mentioned as a holy place. It is regarded as one of the four holiest sites by Sunni Muslims.

Posts: 18 | From: Massachusetts USA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I stated on your other thread Larkspur, the Monastery has nothing to do with the correct answer. It's Mt Sinai. Two totally different things.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com