EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Islam denounces terrorism

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Islam denounces terrorism
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)

The Prophet Muhammad used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,1 and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}
And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.} Also, the Prophet Muhammad has forbidden punishment with fire.

He once listed murder as the second of the major sins, and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, {The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed. }

Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them. Once the Prophet Muhammad said: {A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died. On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.}

He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action. The Prophet was asked, “Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?” He said: {There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.}
Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible. The Prophet Muhammad said: {When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.}

In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.

Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims.
What you don't mention is the fact that Quran is also filled with injunctions that call the believers to be harsh with the unbelievers.

It is true that most Muslims do not apply the violent verses of the Quran to their contemporary non-Muslim friends.

These are two different issues. The reason most Muslims are peaceful people is because they do not really practice everything Quran requires from them. Even the Prophet had problem with this. Arabs were a violent folk, but still they were reluctant to fight for religion. Actually prior to Islam there were no religious hostilities among the Arabs that comprised idolaters, Jews and Christians. Most of the early believers disliked fighting.

The Prophet had to coax them with the following verse: “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you”?(Q.2:216).

Is really fighting good for people? But when this did not work he coerced them with the following:

“Unless ye go forth, He (Allah) will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place”? (Q.9:39).

The Quran contains many hundreds of stern verses like exhorting the believers to fight the Christians and the Jews until they pay Jizya submissively and feeling subdued(Q.9:29)

The Quran also teaches: “ Fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you. (Q.9:123),

“Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people” (Q.5:51),

“Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. (Q.9:5).

“Truly the Pagans are unclean” (Q.9:28,. “Take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above Faith: if any of you do so, they do wrong.” (Q.9:23),

“When ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.” (Q.47:4). “I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their fingertips"

Of course there are Muslims who are peaceful, tolerant and moderate, but this has nothing to do with Islam. These people are tolerant and peaceful to the same extent that they do not live by the teachings of the Quran.

If most Muslims overlook the violent verses of the Quran the credit should go to them and not to Islam. We are not talking about the Muslims. The majority of Muslims are peace loving, friendly and warm people who would not hurt anyone. It is thanks to this innate goodness of this majority that life still continues in Islamic countries. If you see your Muslim neighbor is amicable, loyal, helpful and loving it is because he is a good person. Islam calls for killing, looting, enslaving and the unbelievers. We criticise Islam not the Muslims. Nobody is accusing Muslims, who are as good as anybody else. What you are doing, is misrepresenting the truth. You hide the facts and do not tell the whole truth. The real Islam is not only the early meccan verses but what became of it after the later revelations were written down. But you hid that fact and preferred to dwell on the early revelations. Your work is as honest as someone trying to find a soother for an old and ugly woman by showing a picture of her youthful years.

As you know art of the Quran was written in Mecca and the other part in Medina. The part that was written in Mecca contains tolerant nice verses. The violent and harsh verses are all to be found in the second part or the “later revelation”. Moreover you certainly must know that the later revelation abrogates most of the more pleasant teachings of the early revelation. Perhaps the best person to clarify this question is Dr. Muhsin. Khan the translator of Sahih Bukhari and the Quran into English who wrote:

"Allah revealed in Sura Bara'at (Repentance, IX) [the order to discard (all) obligations (covenants, etc), and commanded the Muslims to fight against all the Pagans as well as against the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) if they do not embrace Islam, till they pay the Jizia (a tax levied on the Jews and Christians) with willing submission and feel themselves subdued (as it is revealed in 9:29). So the Muslims were were not permitted to abandon "the fighting" against them (Pagans, Jews and Christians) and to reconcile with them and to suspend hostilities against them for an unlimited period while they are STRONG and have the ability to fight against them. So at first "the fighting" was forbidden, then it was permitted, and after that it was made obligatory "[Introduction to English translation of Sahih Bukhari, p.xxiv.] As a matter of fact Islamic scholars developed a “science” to determine which verses are abrogated and which ones are the abrogators. This science is called nasekh va mansookh.

This is known to all the Muslim scholars as well as to the terrorists who put those teachings into practice. They know perfectly which part of the Quran overrides which part. The Meccan part however, although mostly abrogated is often used by Islamic apologists to softsell Islam.

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my God vw, that is just a verbatim quote from "faithfreedom.org" (there's a contradiction in terms [Wink] ).

I'm beginning to suspect that you are a bot that autogenerates all this spiel. Blind copy pastes are laziness, but not acknowledging them as such is plagiarism - at least put it in quotes with a link.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Jihad? What is Not Jihad?

* Linguistic meaning of Jihad in Arabic:
o Striving - Struggling (or to exert oneself in order to be "right with God")
* Islamic meaning:
o A. Non-violent struggling within oneself for a life of virtue.
o B. Fighting to establish justice, which is a supreme goal.
* Rules of Fighting In Islam as Commanded by Prophet Mohamed (PBUH):
o - Never Kill Innocent People
o - Never Injure Prisoners of War
o - Never Kill Animals
o - Never Destroy Crops or Infrastructures
o - Never Mutilate Bodies of Enemies dead or alive
o - All Prisoners Should be Given Fair Treatment
o - Women & Children Should be Protected From Harm
o - Always Bury the Dead With Respect
(Note: 1,400 Years BEFORE Geneva Convention)

According to the explanation of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) there is a greater struggle (Jihad) and a lesser.

* Major Jihad: the struggle to control one's own desires/lusts
* Minor Jihad: God allowed the Muslims to fight in their own defense to repel military aggression, and to fight oppression, brutality, and injustice against themselves or on behalf of any group with whom there exists a treaty of mutual defense.

When is Fighting allowed in the Qur'an?

In the teaching of the Qur'an, fighting is allowed in the following circumstances:

1. In Self-defense
2. Against Persecution & Oppression

Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
For example, the below verse was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) after over 13 years of persecution and oppression by the Idol Worshipers form Mecca who for years tortured and even killed Muslims only because of their faith. They had even attempted to kill the Prophet and drove him and his followers and their families from their homes and for some stole all that they own. During these years Muslims had to (turn the other cheek) so to speak and were not allowed to fight back in the face of so much injustice. Then finally, after fleeing from persecution and finding help and refuge in the city of Medina, the verse below was revealed. This was the first verse in the Qur'an revealed allowing Muslims to fight.
THE HOLY QUR'AN (22:39-40)

[Permission is given (to fight) to those who have been fought against, because they are wronged and oppressed; and indeed, God is most able to give them victory; (they are) those who have been unjustly expelled from their homes without right, for no reason except that they say, "Our Lord is God."]

Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
agreed?
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allah does not love the aggressors, the ones that overstep the bounds which God has set for them.

we should always remember this.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's a difference which cannot be reconciled, or so it would seem.
God's nature is to love!

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ourluxor:

God's nature is to love!

Can you say so if someone enters your home violently raping your children, steal your money and torture you?

Will you say God's nature is to LOVE?

Will you stay silent and loving if you find someone is tortured?

Be real.

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I wouldn't stay silent, I'd kill the b*****d.
But I'm not God! So why drag my reaction into it?

Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tareq:
quote:

God's nature is to love!

Can you say so if someone enters your home violently raping your children, steal your money and torture you?

Will you say God's nature is to LOVE?

Will you stay silent and loving if you find someone is tortured?

Be real.

No. They be on the floor pissing bullets!!!
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
"No. They be on the floor pissing bullets!!!"

I'm so sorry marydot, but if this is some kind of code; I cannot fathom it! I've concluded that it must be, as I'm sure you're not that stupid to think that it could ever make sense as it stands!

Oh, I've just realised that it could possibly be an illiterate attempt at an insult of sorts, which would be about right for you, marydot.

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:

I'm so sorry marydot, but if this is some kind of code; I cannot fathom it! I've concluded that it must be, as I'm sure you're not that stupid to think that it could ever make sense as it stands!

Oh, I've just realised that it could possibly be an illiterate attempt at an insult of sorts, which would be about right for you, marydot.

code:
 illiterate attempt 

I could say the same about you.

You insult a person just because you don't understand what they are saying.

Do you do this with all the people you speak too ?

Hmmm you seem the friendly type I dont think so here!!!

As for code,Wrong!! I dont know what your thinking, but it dont sound too good perhaps you need some help.

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Ok then, if English isn't your first language, I apologise. And, yes; I do need some help!

Are you going to tell me what you do mean, if it isn't some sort of insult?

"Do you do this with all the people you speak too ?"

Answer: No. Only those who seem to be insulting me for no apparent reason, or do you have a reason of which I'm not aware? Could it possibly be because I'm not Muslim, and it's therefore alright to insult an unbeliever at will?

I've no idea what goes on in your mind, judging from other threads; you certainly seem to like throwing insults around, perhaps I've just become a new target, does that mean you're going to leave someone else alone?

I used to have an old friend, whose motto was "Think twice (that's two times) and speak once." It's worth remembering!

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
ok let me expalin something, indeed you are very wrong..

I was not even replying to you ourluxor, i quoted what Tareq had said..scroll up and read..

Tareq said

I said they be pissing bullets!!! this has nothing to do with muslims or christians.

If someone entered my home and tried to attack me they'd be wearing bullets and pissing them out at the same time.

Just like you said in your reply..

Of course I wouldn't stay silent, I'd kill the b*****d.

Now who the silly one ourluxor, think its you not me...

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Nothing new there then! I've always been silly.
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Ok
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Next!!!!!
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Ok. I think you all know why I make this thread. I make it as a response to the spams of vwwvv.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com