EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Christian boarding-school for a muslim child?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christian boarding-school for a muslim child?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some Saudi's are sending their children to European boarding-schools. Later they study on European universities, and get a higher classified education.
I don't know what to think about muslim children on christian boarding schools. When muslims who are active in their religion, and believe in their own religion, how can they send their children to christian schools, allowing their children getting raised in a christian enviroment?
Which points of view are there?

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it state these European boarding schools are Christian?? Universities in Europe cater for ALL nationalities and religions and not just for Christians just because they are in Europe.

Just about ALL nationalities families of any 'standing' will send their children to UK universities like Oxford or Cambridge irrelevant of what religion they are.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sons prep school that also offered boarding facilities had quite a few Muslim students from overseas. They were just excused from the usual church and assembly type activities. His senior school was much more progressive so there was no one faith catered to so the multi faith problem did not arise. They taught morality without religion...something lacking in many schools today.

University is not a problem its very much to each his own when it comes to religion.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Does it state these European boarding schools are Christian?? Universities in Europe cater for ALL nationalities and religions and not just for Christians just because they are in Europe.

Just about ALL nationalities families of any 'standing' will send their children to UK universities like Oxford or Cambridge irrelevant of what religion they are.

I don't mean universities, I mean younger children, in the age of elementary or middle-school. The age that they must become formed.
I can imagine that muslim children from that age, will develope in another way as that they should when they should do when they are on a school without religious background.
In my area there are still separate boys or girls boarding schools connected to monasteries. The girls are being teached by nuns, the boys by a kind of priests.(Dont know the english word)
I think thats strange. Its the same as sending young christian children to a mosque-school or a schools where they get teached by imams.
I don't know how to see this, thats why I ask...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found that many muslims would prefer to send a child to a school that is Christian, or Catholic, rather than non religious. As in most schools these days, they can opt out of religious celebrations or nativity plays etc, or worship.

There are Islamic Schools in the UK, but tend to be clustered in certain places, so unless you live in thse towns you are gonna be unlucky.

Generally though, if a school is a 'christian' school, then many rules may apply the same as they would islamically.

There was a big fuss the other day about Islamic schools in the UK teaching Islamic things, (shock horror) like 'not to listen to certain music' or 'no discos'. I have to say that it made me laugh.

They are complaining that an Islamic school is teaching about Islam...LOL, Have we ever had an uproar because the Catholic girls were being taught about Catholisism in a Catholic school? LOL Nooooooooooooooooooooooo we haven't.

Also, another thing might be that the Islamic schools or colleges available in the UK or Europe, promote a certain interpretation of Islam. Maybe from a certain Scholarly perspective. This may not suit ALL muslims, so they may prefer to teach their children at home and send them to a non muslim school.

Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:

I don't mean universities, I mean younger children, in the age of elementary or middle-school. The age that they must become formed.
I can imagine that muslim children from that age, will develope in another way as that they should when they should do when they are on a school without religious background.
In my area there are still separate boys or girls boarding schools connected to monasteries. The girls are being teached by nuns, the boys by a kind of priests.(Dont know the english word)
I think thats strange. Its the same as sending young christian children to a mosque-school or a schools where they get teached by imams.

You did say universities

My husband is Muslim and has lived in Luxor all his life, he went to a Christian school here in Luxor because it was the best one.

The majority of schools in UK do not have any particular religious base, the ones my own children went to actually taught about ALL religions and didnt push any particualr one.

Universities in UK and I suspect most of Europe have no religious base either, people choose the University based on what the subject of study is and not based on any religious background.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The majority of schools in UK do not have any particular religious base, the ones my own children went to actually taught about ALL religions and didn’t push any particualr one.
Yep, comprehensive schools in the UK teach about the basics of allthe major religions, the do not favour one over the other- in fact, a teacher would even get in trouble if he/she just mentioned that he/she was a particular faith. My school we only had RE until year nine, and unless we picked it for the last two years, we dropped it (no one picked it).

As for universities, I couldn't imagine religion being brought up there, unless your subject is religion (or something like philosophy which would discuss that subject). They focus only on whatever subject you are there to do- no assemblies, or "filler" classes.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a trend in the UK that I've noticed to send children to RC schools (especially secondary ones). Am I right? And if so, isn't that because they are ranked very high and some people do want to see their kids educated there (irrespective of faith or beliefs, so to say)?
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people go to the school closest to them, whatever the religion. We are a lazy people [Big Grin]
My nieces go to a catholic school because it is around the corner. However, it is also highest ranked in my town, and was the first primary school here to introduce uniforms. They must get a better funding, because all the children are given their own laptops.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I don't think there are any Islamic boarding-schools, while certainly there would be a market for that. If a couple is not capable to raise their children, because for instance they are traveling/diplomats/artists whatever, then they could prefer their chidren being raised in the same believes as they have, isn't it?
Maybe its a business-oppurtunity...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Some Saudi's are sending their children to European boarding-schools. Later they study on European universities, and get a higher classified education.
I don't know what to think about muslim children on christian boarding schools. When muslims who are active in their religion, and believe in their own religion, how can they send their children to christian schools, allowing their children getting raised in a christian enviroment?

They chose Christian`s school because of the high quality and competence standard offered, nothing regarding to the belief. But in my country, the Christian school must provide moslem, hindu, budha teacher for students who are not Christian.
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adzmaelou
Member # 19484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adzmaelou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think they are planning to adopt christian values together with their own religion.. That's a good plan.. Sending to any christian boarding schools has a good point. To be able to know and understand the christian values. I respect the decision of muslim.. that's a good idea. Muslims and christian in peace at last [Smile] ..
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qqeoo11
Member # 19494

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for qqeoo11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to visit our website: http://www.jorer.com

Please contact e-mail: jorerr@gmail.com

We provide the tunnel the product, the preferential benefit price and the warm service.
We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.
China Grand Shoes Company is a limited footwear enterprise company which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature. We have the better despend ,strongpoint and quality than the other manufacturers, we also brought the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad.
We produce over 800,000 shoes per year .
We also can offer kinds of athletic shoes, recreational shoes, stogy, mainly Nike,
timberland, gucci,prada, Luie Vuitton, puma shoes, Nike Jordan series, Airmax and Sh ox that let you choose and see.thenFor example:
nike air max 95,
airmax 2006,
sh ox TL,
sh ox R4,
Sh ox NZ,
Air force one(AF1),
Dunk, Kobe,James and so on.If you want to know further information , Please contact to us.I look forward to hearing from you,good luck!Welcome to visit our website: Please contact e-mail
We provide the tunnel the product, the preferential benefit price and the warm service.
We hope to get a good long business time with all customers all over the world.
China Grand Shoes Company is a limited footwear enterprise company which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature. We have the better despend ,strongpoint and quality than the other manufacturers, we also brought the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad.

************ http://www.jorer.com *************

jorerr@gmail.com
[IMG]http://bbcto.com/product/20110610/cheap_bbcto48329.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xm
Member # 19601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi
Posts: 138 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xm
Member # 19601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Putting these shoes on and on is a homey project. <a href="http://uggbootsclearance-ie.net"> ugg boots outlet</a>The Geox shoe has been covered as catering such terrible comfortableness for the feet that people that were entirely able to stay on on their feet for low periods once wearing the UGG Boots were confident to continue on their feet for many hours. <a href="http:// uggclearance-ugg.net">ugg boots clearance</a>a good pair ugg of Uggs will be the most comfortable footwear you will ever have on your feet.The outer covering of the boot is the outside of the sheepskin, and the warm woollen part of the skin faces in.Treat yourself to a pair of Ugg boots.Most Ugg boots are high enough to come up not far below the knee, keeping the entire lower leg warm. <a href="http://www.uggbootsoutletus.net">ugg boots outlet</a>The sole is generally hard wearing but the sheepskin sides can be prone to getting dirty very easily, though they can be easily washed. .Uggs are ugg boots also now being made with a second and outer skin of leather that adds to the strength and the durability of the boot. ThisClassic Tall Ugg Bootsadmitted walking as well. <a href="http://www.uggclearance-onsale.com">ugg boots clearance</a>The feet often get misty from dampness, water or sweat.This obviously contributes mastered airing for the escape of body heat, which creates the dryness and subdues the smell that can establish up.Another very monumental possess is that the UGG Bailey Button Boots are a authentic accord. .Most Ugg boots are high enough to come up not far below the knee, keeping the entire lower leg warm.
Posts: 138 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jalarcon
Member # 18979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jalarcon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that elementary school aged children are much more vulnerable when being taught in another outside environment that may not be Islam-friendly

--------------------
detox diets for weight loss foods that burn belly fat

how to cure mercury poisoning treatment cure mercury detox safe mercury detoxification

Posts: 6 | From: burbank ca | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guntheranne
Member # 19687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for guntheranne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

You did say universities

My husband is Muslim and has lived in Luxor all his life, he went to a Christian school here in Luxor because it was the best one.

The majority of schools in UK do not have any particular religious base, the ones my own children went to actually taught about ALL religions and didnt push any particualr one.

Universities in UK and I suspect most of Europe have no religious base either, people choose the University based on what the subject of study is and not based on any religious background.

I agree. I have close muslim friends and we all went to a Christian Boarding School. They didn't mind it much because it was a good school and they pretty much are adjusted and open-minded. [Smile]
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marioray37
Member # 19689

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marioray37   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
Posts: 1 | From: usa | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com