EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » CNN Special on Egypt: Test Case for Democracy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNN Special on Egypt: Test Case for Democracy
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN Presents,

Sunday Night, at 8pm Eastern Time, US

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
CNN Presents,

I saw that it was quite interesting...Did you Snoozin?
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger,Tiger:

I watched the last half of it...I do have it recorded on DVR though.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
CNN Presents,

Please, I am a soul without cable. Please fill me in on what the special was about. I'd love to hear it.

I mean CNN has to be the least impartial robber-barons of the news networks. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I watched the last half of it...I do have it recorded on DVR though.

dO YOU THINK IF THE BROTHERHOOD GAIN ENOUGH SEATS IN THE PARLEMENT ..THERE WILL BE DEMOC...
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The only Mahamadoca
Member # 9643

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The only Mahamadoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well , i do think so , The brotherhood has changed some of their fundamental ideologies to become a part in the democratic process..
and despite this , the National democratic party (NDP) still wants all the seats (or at least a huge majority) for itself , so that they don`t feel "threatened" in the parliament ,
Currently , the NDP only need 75 more seats to have a majority that makes them able to pass decisions , and they don`t face a decision for withdrawing trust from the government (which is ALL NDP)
well , another thing is that , this elections shows clearly that the Mulsim Brotherhood is greatly supported by the people..
if u look closely, they entered with only 150 candidate , in the 1st stage , they got 34 seats by entering with 50 candidates (that is huge) ,the NDP on the other hand , entered elections with TOO many candidates , full number NDP , and some "reserve" (non-NDP, but if they win , they join NDP)
Honestly , i think if these elections were more clear , the brotherhood would win EVERY seat they have candidate for..
thx for the thread [Smile]

--------------------
Those Who Are Afraid To Fall , Will Never Fly..

Posts: 31 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com