EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Condi Rice says she looks forward to closing of Guantanamo Bay Prison

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condi Rice says she looks forward to closing of Guantanamo Bay Prison
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And just how long are these prisoners going to be held,? Until they're dead? That appears to be the policy right now.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7003011833

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They'll be held until the terror war is over. We would be crazy to turn them loose and put them back in action vs our army. Its hard to feel sorry for them. If they had been at home taking care of their families they would not be locked up.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If they had been at home taking care of their families they would not be locked up. "

like him : http://www.freebabarahmad.com/

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is more to that story that that propaganda piece is reporting. People all over the west are fed up with these people and are passing laws that will force them to moderate their religion and become good citizens are be thrown out of the country...or worse.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
They'll be held until the terror war is over. We would be crazy to turn them loose and put them back in action vs our army. Its hard to feel sorry for them. If they had been at home taking care of their families they would not be locked up.

let me explain something about America and how it conducts it's prision systems. In Civilian jails they offer no rehab for inmates, nor do they really do anything except for give them a roof over their heads, food to eat, and incorporate them into a system where other criminals teach them how to become BETTER criminals. Someone can go into prison a small time criminal and come out knowing 5 differnet ways to cook meth, how to employ prositututes, how to rob people and how to forge documents. It's no big secret. Now think how many inmates are in Gitmo that really haven't done anything, and they're being held indifeninitely and each day getting pretty pissed off at Uncle Sam for holding them without cause, meanwhile they're being taught how to hate the US and how to do the things they probably didn't know how to do when they arrived.
On top of that, they are being abused (documented) and have no contact with family/friends/attorneys , no legal representation WHATSOEVER.
So please don't babble to me about 'as long as the war on terror takes', this war created by the united states is the reason and the logic behind holding these prisioners? America always seems to have to have an enemy doesn't it? If it isn't the British, it's the French, if it's not the Native American Indians, it's the Commies, if not the commies, it's the Japanese, if not the Japanese, the Koreans, Cubans, etc. the list just goes on and on and on and on and on and on~

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Smuckers, there are no inmates in Gitmo who have not done anything, those were released long ago. We do not hold innocent people in our jails if we know about it. perhaps you have some secret knowledge our military is not aware of?

be glad that I am not making the rules, I would have had them shot long ago. All you can do with these radical muslim terrorists is kill them until they stop, thats just what we are doing and will continue to do. Why you insist on defending this human pond scum is beyond me.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

ahhh....i see who I am dealing with now.
[Roll Eyes]

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Like all the America haters smuckers you start of with pure propaganda. Our prison system in Texas has its own school system that employs hundreds of teachers to try to educate these people. We have vocational tech schools that teach every major trade and recreation of all kinds avilable.

before you print this anti american smack you should at least eductae yourself on the subject at hand.

By the way, you do understand that Egypt is a major american ally and supporter....your government would agree with everything I have said.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ouch, I don't hate America AT ALL. It is the country of my birth and I am proud and admire America for many many things! But there are too many things I don't admire and I'm not proud of. Also one of the basis' of the founding of America ensured that if the people felt the Government was not doing its job or doing it in a fashion not pleasing to 'we the people' they had the right to speak out. Not the right, the obligation. I wonder where in our history speaking out to make our country better meant we weren't patriotic?
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
well honestly smuckers, I think it depends on the situation and how the public feels about a particular war. If you spoke out during WW II someone would kick your hiney. Vietnam was a different matter, as it should have been.
many people do not know what to make of this situation in the middle east. they know we can'
t pull out but are not sure of whats in it for the united states.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

seabreeze
Member # 10289

In WWII the idea or thought that the government was wrong or (for example) knew Pearl Harbor was about to happen but didn't nothing to prevent it thus thrusting it into WWII and allowing USA to drop the Big one in Japan was remote.

Things are different now, I have a grandfather still alive that lived during Pearl Harbor and the longer he lives the sadder his heart gets to see how things really are.

Pulling out of Iraq? yea, I think we should do it. Anytime anything goes wrong there anywhere it's blamed on the Iraqis, if it went right, America takes credit. Then again very few things have gone right....America created a monster and I'd like to see her tame it, but I doubt it.

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
we cannot do it smuckers or we would. the region would fall into chaos would would threaten the economic stability of the world. This is a very complex issue and it has little to do with WMDs and the like. We did not create this monster. When 9/11 happened we did not have troops in the middle east. We must maintain stability in the middle east even if we have to do it at the point of a gun. I do not like it any more than you do but we must do it. No matter who is elected in 2008 we will still be there.
You may be aware that Egypt is on our side on these issues.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

of course they're paid enough~
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
they also want stability in the middle east and realize that only the United states is in a position to do it. The egyptian government also understands and has for years that palestine is a DEAD issue. The harder the palestinians fight the MORE they lose territory.
the last thing Egypt and Jordan want to see is iran the big guy on the mideast block.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ohhh is that why Egyptian government is so corrupt? Because they care about the people and want stability in the middle east? let me tell you something, the only thing this government cares about is money, they're a bunch of thieves. believe me, they don't think as large as you would like to think.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the Dark Ages: Open Season on Prisoners
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Dalia, What would you suggest we do with these worms. How about an indoor swimming pool, would that make you happy? We could send for their wives and girl friends and throw parties for them every weekend, would that do it? How about weekend passes to the beach?

By the way, when was the last time you complained about innocent civilians having their heads cut off by terrorists? Did we miss your complaints about terrorists in Iraq killing their own people? UBL complained about it, we must have missed your post.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Horemheb she doesn't have to have a solution, but she might know that blowing them off of the face of the earth is not logical either.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com