EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » West Bank woman killed by gunfire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: West Bank woman killed by gunfire
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Palestinian woman has been killed during an Israeli army incursion at the Balata refugee camp in the West Bank.
Witnesses told the Reuters news agency she was shot dead by Israeli soldiers - but Israel said its reports indicated none of its soldiers had opened fire.

Palestinian witnesses said the woman, 48, was shot by an Israeli patrol while trying to help her husband find a route home that avoided the troops.

Civilians often die in crossfire between Israeli and Palestinian forces.

According to the AFP news agency, the woman, named Aisha Abu M'Salaam, died in an exchange of fire between Israeli troops and Palestinian gunmen.

An army spokesman confirmed Israeli troops had been in the area but told AFP they had not opened fire.

An Israeli air strike killed a leading Islamic Jihad militant in his car in Gaza City on Saturday.

Three other people - a boy, his mother and grandmother - who were near the car also died in the attack.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5001744.stm

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Khalid_
Member # 10998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Khalid_         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what makes it harder to feel sorry for the victims of islamic jihad etc - near-constant israeli incursions.
To make it clear I do feel sorry for any victim of a suicide bombing etc, but it is made harder by the israeli army not seeming to care if they slaughter others with their guns and 'drones' when targeting cars etc.

Posts: 61 | From: England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but most ppl tend to ignore the palastini death and only see the victims of suicide bombings.
Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snake Poison, I feel sorry for the palestians that died and for the victims of sucide bombings. I really don't think that this war between Israel and Palestine should continue. I know that there is not a good solution to this problem right now. I do however think that the jihad militants should be killed.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Khalid_
Member # 10998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Khalid_         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, concerned, you think that the jihad militants should be killed for killing innocents(as do I) but do not think the same of the Israeli army, who routinely kill civillians?

A good, simple solution would be to effectively turn-the-clock-back to the second-world-war.
And no by this I do not mean the killing of jews.
What I actually mean is to redistribute the jews to other places on earth.
They lived in europe happily before and only a small percentage of all jews(all jews are allowed to live in what people are calling 'Israel') actually live where the government of this illegal country says they can.

So, to solve the problem, relocate the jews who illegally occupy Palestine to Europe. They are most welcome in England and I would not harm any of them. I have no problem with Jews at all, just the government of this illegal country.
Then the Palestinians, who had their lands stolen, could happily relocate to their homeland.

Eventually though something along-these-lines will become United States' foreign policy, as soon there will be more muslim voters in the united states than jewish voters.
The jewish lobby will suddenly become unimportant [Smile]

Posts: 61 | From: England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Khalid, Moving the jews to Europe is not the answer, they won the land through war and are thus allowed to keep it. the war between the two has been over for decades, one side has just refused to accept an obvious defeat.
There will not be enough Muslims in the United States to influence American policy against Israel. The advantages of the Israeli alliance goes way beyond votes here at home. In fact, one more 9/11 terror attack here and the number of Muslims in America will decine top almost nothing.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com