EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Saddam will 'die or return to the presidency'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saddam will 'die or return to the presidency'
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saddam will 'die or return to the presidency'

AFP
November 1, 2006

BEIRUT -- Saddam Hussein does not fear execution and will either face the death penalty for crimes against humanity or return as president of Iraq, one of his lawyers said in Beirut Wednesday.

"President Saddam Hussein does not fear execution," Lebanese lawyer Bushra Khalil said, four days before an Iraqi court is due to issue a verdict on whether Saddam and seven co-defendants are guilty or innocent.

"He will not leave jail to count his days or years [in exile] in Qatar or some other country," she told a press conference. "Saddam Hussein will leave jail to go to one of two things: either the presidency or the grave."

Khalil warned that a guilty verdict over the killing of 148 Shiite villagers from the Iraqi village of Dujail, executed after a failed 1982 assassination attempt, could plunge Iraq and the region into violence. "Any death sentence will be explosive for Iraq and the region. Any death sentence will be hell for the US Army" in Iraq, she warned.

She did not say what Saddam sympathizers might have up their sleeves in a country already wracked by unprecedented civil violence and with US casualties at their highest in nearly two years.

If Saddam is sentenced to death, the defense team will appeal, said Khalil.

It has drafted a letter to US President George W. Bush warning of dire consequences if Saddam is convicted.

In a copy of the letter, lead Iraqi lawyer Khalil Al Dulaimi also urged Bush to free Saddam and put an end to the trial, which he described again as illegal and a farce.

Saddam himself wrote to the presiding judge, asking that the verdict not be issued as scheduled Sunday, just two days before the US midterm congressional elections. He warned that such a timing would reinforce Bush's Republican party in the elections.

Khalil echoed that, saying that Sunday's date for the verdict was proof that the trial was being used by the Bush administration as "propaganda, especially if there were a death sentence.

"A death sentence against president Saddam Hussein will have an important electoral value, as it will help convince American voters that he [Bush] has achieved his strategic objective by invading Iraq," she said.

http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20061101-095218-5316r

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i t hink its dicusting i actually havent got time for the man but honestly hes in a chair for not for him but for fcking bush he shud be there just like tony blair and all the war mongering fcking bastereds who helped sadamn ,he was no more threat than friggen korea is at the moment ,bloody hell it sickens me i cant beleive i hate BUT BUSH I REALLY HATE HIM HE AINT HUMAN AT ALL HE ACTS OUT THE QURAN AND THE BIBLE HES BLOODY MAD WE SHUD HAVE INVADED HIM AND KNOCKED HIM OFF WUDNT THAT BE A GOOD STORY BUSH GOT KNOCKED OFF HIS PERCH U GOT TO ADMIT IT HES RESEMBELING THE EAGLE ISINT HE LATELY ,i dont like what sadam did but its just now happening any way with the others there they are gone doggy dog havent they ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BANANA FACE., rolling the weed ...:
i t hink its dicusting i actually havent got time for the man but honestly hes in a chair for not for him but for fcking bush he shud be there just like tony blair and all the war mongering fcking bastereds who helped sadamn ,he was no more threat than friggen korea is at the moment ,bloody hell it sickens me i cant beleive i hate BUT BUSH I REALLY HATE HIM HE AINT HUMAN AT ALL HE ACTS OUT THE QURAN AND THE BIBLE HES BLOODY MAD WE SHUD HAVE INVADED HIM AND KNOCKED HIM OFF WUDNT THAT BE A GOOD STORY BUSH GOT KNOCKED OFF HIS PERCH U GOT TO ADMIT IT HES RESEMBELING THE EAGLE ISINT HE LATELY ,i dont like what sadam did but its just now happening any way with the others there they are gone doggy dog havent they ...

F**** Bush
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARROW99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have some serious mental illness creeping into the board. Whichever institution Banana escaped from needs to tighten their security.
That kind of language is out of place in a civil society.

Posts: 904 | From: Texana | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ARROW99:
we have some serious mental illness creeping into the board. Whichever institution Banana escaped from needs to tighten their security.

Chill Arrow....... Bush isnt God, ok? [Roll Eyes]

This is the Internet for god's sake

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ARROW99:

ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i did not swear it was me being me the BANANA dont answer me or i will make sure u slip on my skin [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
arrow the marrow

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by BANANA FACE., rolling the weed ...:

arrow the marrow [/QB]

[Big Grin]
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL
@ arrow the marrow !! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChinderallaAngelTormentor CAT:

F**** Bush [/QB]

Such foul language, young lady!!! [Embarrassed]

ROFL!!!! [Wink]

Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by Just Call Me A Lackey:
quote:
Originally posted by ChinderallaAngelTormentor CAT:

F**** Bush

Such foul language, young lady!!! [Embarrassed]

ROFL!!!! [Wink] [/QB]

It's normal for me when I remember Bush [Cool] [Big Grin]
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL!! I agree!!
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well supposedly Iraq was lately put on an alert because they expect Saddams verdict from the tribunal to be a death sentence, which they think will escalate violence there.
You've got to love the timing on this: three days before US mid-terms.
And death is the only way the US can silence Saddam about the level -and degree -of support the US gave him during the Iran/Iraq war.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com