EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Israel summons Egyptian ambassador over Netanyahu caricature in Al-Ahram Weekly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Israel summons Egyptian ambassador over Netanyahu caricature in Al-Ahram Weekly
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.chinaview.cn 2009-09-24 02:22:17

JERUSALEM, Sept. 23 (Xinhua) -- Israeli Foreign Ministry Wednesday summoned Egyptian ambassador to Israel to reprimand the publication of a caricatured photograph of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in an Egyptian magazine, local daily Ha'aretz reported on its website.

According to the report, Israeli Foreign Ministry director-general Yossi Gal told ambassador Yasser Rida that the picture published last week in Al-Ahram Weekly, one of the largest Egyptian magazines, humiliates Netanyahu.

Gal asked Rida to communicate Israel's official objection to the Egyptian government regarding the publication of the caricatured photograph, said the report.

Gal also expressed Israel's protest over the anti-Israel declarations which were broadcast on the national television in Egypt during the fasting month of Ramadan, saying that both Israel and the Jews were depicted in a negative manner in these declarations, the report added.

For his part, Rida said he would pass the message on to his government.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-09/24/content_12103605.htm

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pig???? [Confused]

http://i37.tinypic.com/2h85x10.jpg

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2009/965/cartoon.htm
(Cartoon by Fathi)

And then the Egyptians freak about Mohamed cartoons????

I guess tolerance and respect towards other nations and faiths starts inside their own houses but obviously that isn't so.

And you'd think Al-Ahram would be better than that.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double standards, its normal

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slaveforuu
Member # 17001

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for slaveforuu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew Benjamin Netanyahu was a national faith that should be tolerated and respected. The hypocrisy of you people never ceases to amaze me. Are you really that corruptible by the media?

--------------------
eweee

Posts: 47 | From: errer | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is about us and them ,we depict them as pigs ,they do the same to us,religion involved

it is so lame to restore to childish behavior and through stones at people and cry in the streets but you can not reply to a man who insulted you ,he insulted then insult him .

No hard feelings [Big Grin]

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No actually it's the Egyptians who can't deal with criticism.

Look at how bloody pIssed your minister of culture was yesterday when he lost his bid to become head of UNESCO. Instead of dealing in a professional and diplomatic way with his loss he started immediately accusations as he's simply a hot-tempered Egyptian. In his case he digged his grave all by himself IMHO.

So to come back to the topic: If you don't want that your Mohamed is shown with a pig face then you need to start acting like you are demanding it from others!!!!

Steady n True
Member # 17008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steady n True     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Look at how bloody pIssed your minister of culture was yesterday when he lost his bid to become head of UNESCO. Instead of dealing in a professional and diplomatic way with his loss he started immediately accusations as he's simply a hot-tempered Egyptian. In his case he digged his grave all by himself IMHO.

So to come back to the topic: If you don't want that your Mohamed is shown with a pig face then you need to start acting like you are demanding it from others!!!!

Netanyahu isn't a Prophet, he's a zionist, many Jews don't accept Netanyahu as a Jew, because his Jewish faith is not as important to him as his zionist cause.

Netanyahu isn't a Prophet like Mohamed is, he's a zionist.

Big difference, and the Jews (not zionists) understand the difference which is why they aren't rioting.

Since you are an athiest, why not refrain from commenting on matters that involve religion since you have no knowledge nor respect for faith?

Posts: 18 | From: Take it or leave it | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slaveforuu
Member # 17001

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for slaveforuu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Domme4U:
quote:

Netanyahu isn't a Prophet, he's a zionist, many Jews don't accept Netanyahu as a Jew, because his Jewish faith is not as important to him as his zionist cause.

Netanyahu isn't a Prophet like Mohamed is, he's a zionist.

Big difference, and the Jews (not zionists) understand the difference which is why they aren't rioting.

Since you are an athiest, why not refrain from commenting on matters that involve religion since you have no knowledge nor respect for faith?

+1
Posts: 47 | From: errer | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

no ,it is not about us dealing with criticsim ,I insult you then you insult me not my father not my mother not my country ,between me and you ,no one except jews restores to enlarging these insults to look like Wars ,it is so lame ,it is the jewish habit all the time and all Islam haters.

and yes we never and will never depict any prophet as a pig ,did we?
we did not.
did we depct prophet Moses as a pig?

no

jesus?

no

any prophet?

no.

it is not about religion .the jews are trying to make it seem so .

for Farouk Hosni issue ,of course he would lose his mind,he was stapped in the back ,when the US representative stand up right and says DO NOT ELECT THE MAN ,after the whole attack on the man personally and most of the critisim was not objective ,what do you think he is gonna do ?!

Normal to feel like that,SPECIALLY WHEN SOME OF THE WESTERN COUNTRIES WHO SUPPORTED HIM BRIBRED SOME OF THE AFRICAN REPRESENTATIVES TO CHANGE THE VOTES.

it is not about Farok Hosny ,the west and the US do not want to repeat the HUGE problems when Botros ghaly was the secretary general of the united nations.

Not criticism but consipracy against the Egyptian Candidate ,of course ,and accusation of being ani-semic

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
@ slave ,seems that you have time to reply to others but not my questions [Wink]
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Wow! i can't believe I just read that!
Can't believe that anyone knows so little about Bibi that they can suggest that a critcism of him is sacrilege!
Netanyahu? The guy who famously said that 9/11 was 'great news' for Israel???
To draw a parallel with the anti Islam cartoons is misguided, very offensive, and really demands an apology.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yeah that Netanyahu caricature is all about religion as he's shown with a kippah on his head - in case you have elected not to see that !!!

Seriously what a lot of bullocks I have to read here. But what else can I expect on an Egyptian forum..... you people will never change.

[Roll Eyes]

And Ahmed, the Egyptian candidate you seem to have favored too is simply not trusted by the UN and that for an excellent reason. And the way he went upset just shows it was the right decision not to elect him.

slaveforuu
Member # 17001

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ** Ahmad**:
quote:

no ,it is not about us dealing with criticsim ,I insult you then you insult me not my father not my mother not my country ,between me and you ,no one except jews restores to enlarging these insults to look like Wars ,it is so lame ,it is the jewish habit all the time and all Islam haters.

and yes we never and will never depict any prophet as a pig ,did we?
we did not.
did we depct prophet Moses as a pig?

no

jesus?

no

any prophet?

no.

it is not about religion .the jews are trying to make it seem so .

for Farouk Hosni issue ,of course he would lose his mind,he was stapped in the back ,when the US representative stand up right and says DO NOT ELECT THE MAN ,after the whole attack on the man personally and most of the critisim was not objective ,what do you think he is gonna do ?!

Normal to feel like that,SPECIALLY WHEN SOME OF THE WESTERN COUNTRIES WHO SUPPORTED HIM BRIBRED SOME OF THE AFRICAN REPRESENTATIVES TO CHANGE THE VOTES.

it is not about Farok Hosny ,the west and the US do not want to repeat the HUGE problems when Botros ghaly was the secretary general of the united nations.

Not criticism but consipracy against the Egyptian Candidate ,of course ,and accusation of being ani-semic

Good post. What are your questions?
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by slaveforuu:
Good post. What are your questions?

seems you elect to read some thread and not others.

I asked you in another thread about the "explain clearly the message" and using Sunnah ,and others do not post the reply here ,go to Quran complete book and post

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
And yeah that Netanyahu caricature is all about religion as he's shown with a kippah on his head - in case you have elected not to see that !!!

Seriously what a lot of bullocks I have to read here. But what else can I expect on an Egyptian forum..... you people will never change.

[Roll Eyes]

And Ahmed, the Egyptian candidate you seem to have favored too is simply not trusted by the UN and that for an excellent reason. And the way he went upset just shows it was the right decision not to elect him.

all hews were kippah do not they?

Netenyaho himself wears it,no harm in that ,it is known fact he was about to win and he is trusted he was about to win but at the last round he lost why?

Do you know how many votes he got in the first 2 roundS?

Do you know that there was a huge difference between him and the first one after him ?
what happened in the last round?! [Wink]

slaveforuu
Member # 17001

Member Rated:
tigerlily are you Jewish by any chance?

--------------------
eweee

messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for messenger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A pig???? [Confused]

http://i37.tinypic.com/2h85x10.jpg

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2009/965/cartoon.htm
(Cartoon by Fathi)

I guess tolerance and respect towards other nations and faiths starts inside their own houses but obviously that isn't so.

And you'd think Al-Ahram would be better than that.

Better than what you stupid bitch. When are you people going to get a fucking brain.
It's OK to mock a prophet and not a criminal [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 406 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

Its about a ZIONIST politician not his yarmulke!

The photo just happened to have his Hebrew skullcap on because he rarely allows photos of himself sideview.

[Roll Eyes]

[Roll Eyes]

[Roll Eyes]

[Roll Eyes]

[Roll Eyes]

again just because a guy photographed wearing a Hebrew skullcap depicting a ZIONIST politician doesn't equate him to a PROPHET.

Of course a self-professed athiest isn't going to respect the difference between a ZIONIST in a skullcap vs. a PROPHET.

AGAIN actual God-Fearing BELIEVING Jews (NOT ZIONISTS) understand this, thus why there isn't rioting in the streets of Tele viv.

Besides Netanyahu probably has bacon every morning like a ZIONIST would but a TRUE JEW wouldn't.

Just ask Domme4U, he has tasted ZIONIST cock and I have tasted JEWISH cock. there is an obvious difference we both agree. [Big Grin]

Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com