EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » LIBYA IN AFRICAN CONTEXT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LIBYA IN AFRICAN CONTEXT
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The struggle for resources that are used to sustain life is what human history is all about. Humans section themselves, or are sectioned by others into groups that are seen by other groups as competitors for the world's resources. One ongoing way of sectioning off humans is by way of so-called racial classification. Racial classification--based on just phenotype--often trumps religious classification, gender classification, national classification, etc.

In all of this there is a tendency by humans who see themselves as already having some kind of advantage to classify humans into racial hierarchies. The justifications are all spurious but yet they are believed and promoted.

The ongoing conflict in Libya is one such example.

See the following:http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article27957.htm

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the site doesn't respond then try:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article27957.htm

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
It is just an outrage that racism against Africans is naturally and shamelessly occurring on African soil--at both ends of the continent.

In Libya the lazy yellow squatters from West Asia are tempting the African bull with their nonsense. They will pay.

At the other end of the continent the vile settlers from Europe are still in charge years after the supposed end of Apartheid. Mandela sold out for I don't know what and Zuma is just an cowardly clown.

Gaddafi paid for his rape defence but the fool just got rolled by Obama who called him directly and cajoled him into voting for the white neo-colonial bombing of African soil at the Security Council vote a few weeks ago.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ does it mean, you no longer support Qadafi?

The only person who is to blame for this war, and giving an excuse for the white man to set again his foot on the continent is Qadafi. He trusted the white man. A heavy leason, which his son also realised. But it is too late, my friend.

quote:
On former friends and colleagues who defected to lead the rebellion: “They were my friends, we drink together, we eat together, we sit together, we travel together, they were my own people. To be honest with you. Now this is my biggest problem in Libya. I get messages from volunteers on the front, they told me: ‘After the victory, you, Saif, have no place here in Libya. Everything is because of you. Because those criminals, these traitors were your friends, and you brought them here, and you helped them to be ministers and to be big guys in Libya, and you have no place in the future, you and your friends in Libya.’ I brought them here, I helped them, I support them. But then, Saif is over, so we have to jump from the ship like rats. We jump from the ship. Let’s go to other ship. And I am telling you another secret. Do you know some of the people who did defect are coming back now, like some of our ambassadors? Listen, people sometimes are weak. Those people, one month ago they were ministers and heads of security, and now they find themselves sitting with Hillary Clinton, with the British, with the French, with the whole world, Qataris sending them private jets. So okay, yesterday I was minister, today I can be a president. So the West is contributing to this crisis, because they give them false hope they will be something in the future. Those people, they were our people one month ago, we know them very well, I brought them.”

On Mahmoud Jibril, a US-educated professor brought back to Libya by Saif to help run economic policy, who is now the rebels’ foreign affairs representative: “He was my best friend, he was my best friend, he changed completely, I don’t know why. We used to talk together, work together, he was one of my best friends. But anyway, **** happens. He was my friend when he was living in Tripoli. Now he is sitting with Hillary Clinton, with Hague, and with Sarkozy in the Elysees. Excuse me, he said, ‘Saif, you are too small for me now.’ Of course, come on. Can you imagine yourself: the whole world, US, UK, France, sending you private jets, saying ‘You are the president of Libya, you get the oil, you get the money.’ Come on, they are human beings at the end of the day. They are selfish and they have their own self-interest and they have their own advantage, they want to advance their own advantage. Come on, they want to be famous, they want to to be rich, they want to be powerful. ‘Okay, one month ago, I was a minister here in Libya, now I will be a president, I will control Libya.’ Libya is a rich country. Everyone wants to rule Libya, its oil, gas, money. And I understand this, I understand it. I don’t respect it, but I understand it.”

An interview with Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, son of the Libyan leader
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Arwa,
I am talking about the Benghazi mobs who are abusing their guest status in Africa. Those who behave themselves and show commitment to Africa and forget all that Sherifism nonsense are welcome to stay.

The point is that Gaddafi has stayed on too long as Libya's head of state but under no circumstances would I sign on to his removal by the most wicked nations the world has ever seen. Their body count since 1500 is millions and millions of corpses. And that real clown Silvio B--I mean the guy should just stick to bunga-bunga and leave well enough alone--is joining the bombing fray. I mean that's adding insult to injury. And the Benghazi fascists are comfortable with colonial power Italy doing some bombing runs on a land where they almost exterminated the population.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does the West want the fall of Gaddafi?

Excellent article.

quote:
To destabilise and destroy the African union which was veering dangerously (for the West) towards a United States of Africa under the guiding hand of Gaddafi, the EU first tried, unsuccessfully, to create the Union for the Mediterranean. North Africa somehow had to be cut off from the rest of Africa, using the old tired racist clichés of the 18th and 19th centuries, which claimed that Africans of Arab origin were more evolved and civilised than the rest of the continent. This failed because Gaddafi refused to buy into it. He soon understood what game was being played when only a handful of African countries were invited to join the Mediterranean grouping without informing the African Union but inviting all 27 members of the EU. Without Libya, the idea failed even before it began, still-born with Sarkozy as president and Mubarak as vice president.
quote:
It is increasingly obvious that after Libya, the western coalition will go after Algeria, because apart from its huge energy resources, the country has cash reserves of around $150b. This is what lures the countries that are bombing Libya and they all have one thing in common: they are practically bankrupt. The USA alone, has a staggering debt of $14,000b, France, Great Britain and Italy each have a $2,000b public deficit compared to less than $400b in public debt for 46 African countries combined.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for finally putting this in a thread all its own, and not polluting the Libya thread.
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com