EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Dutch Film Claims Jesus a Child of Rape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dutch Film Claims Jesus a Child of Rape
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dutch filmmaker claims Jesus a child of rape
Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:13am EDT

Email | Print |
| Reprints | Single Page| Recommend (-)
[-] Text [+]
Photo
1 of 1Full Size

powered by Sphere Sphere
Featured Broker sponsored link
Money Center
Free Practice Account from #1 FX Broker.

By Ab Zagt

AMSTERDAM (Hollywood Reporter) - "Basic Instinct" director Paul Verhoeven will publish a revisionist biography of Jesus in September, following more than 20 years of research.

The Dutch filmmaker, who has had a lifelong ambition to make a film about Jesus based on scientific research, claims that Jesus' father was probably a Roman soldier who raped Mary during the Jewish uprising in Galilee. He also claims that Christ was not betrayed by Judas Iscariot.

Verhoeven decided to write the book to raise interest in his film project. His publisher, Amsterdam-based Meulenhoff, is in negotiations for an English-language translation.

Verhoeven, who turns 70 in July, has been a regular attendee of U.S. scholar Robert W. Funk's Jesus seminars, which question miracles and statements attributed to Jesus.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN2334241120080423

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a load of garbage. Another sensationalist trying to make money off of their 'interpretation' of the life of Jesus. It's really interesting how he doesn't cite any sources which helped to lead him to his rather inane conclusion. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read a book about a 'free interpretation' about the life from Jesus' wife and girlfriend, Maria Magdalena. It claimed to be based on the Nag Hamadi scripts, and I thought it was an interesting theory.
The same can count for this movie, we didn't see it, so we can't give an opinion, isn't it?
In my opinion all these old scripts are also personal interpretations, so why couldn't somebody else make his own interpretation?
If he believes Jesus was the child born out of a rape, he is free to believe so, and he is also free to make his opinion public...
And we are free to decide if we're going to pay money to watch his personal interpretation.. [Wink]

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
I've read a book about a 'free interpretation' about the life from Jesus' wife and girlfriend, Maria Magdalena. It claimed to be based on the Nag Hamadi scripts, and I thought it was an interesting theory.
The same can count for this movie, we didn't see it, so we can't give an opinion, isn't it?
In my opinion all these old scripts are also personal interpretations, so why couldn't somebody else make his own interpretation?
If he believes Jesus was the child born out of a rape, he is free to believe so, and he is also free to make his opinion public...
And we are free to decide if we're going to pay money to watch his personal interpretation.. [Wink]

If God matter to you at all you'd be offended.

Communists don't believe in God, so your comments make sense.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

Everyone is free to their opinion, but this freedom does come with a price, and I think people often use it without thinking about the consequences.

I can't argue that this guy doesn't have the right to say whatever it is that he wants- but it is highly disrespectful, and he knows that. Such a topic is so taboo, for such a large population of the world.

There are some thing in this world that people consider sacred. And this guy chooses to ignore that. If he so blatantly chooses to disrespect the belief of so many people, I don't see how he deserves any of theirs.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

Everyone is free to their opinion, but this freedom does come with a price, and I think people often use it without thinking about the consequences.

I can't argue that this guy doesn't have the right to say whatever it is that he wants- but it is highly disrespectful, and he knows that. Such a topic is so taboo, for such a large population of the world.

There are some thing in this world that people consider sacred. And this guy chooses to ignore that. If he so blatantly chooses to disrespect the belief of so many people, I don't see how he deserves any of theirs.

What if this film was about the Prophet Mohamed?
Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com