Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Egyptian Calamari (Squid)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Calamari (Squid)
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an Egyptian Calamari (Squid) recipe

click here [Smile]

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this recipe – I love Egyptian recipes because the ingredients are simple and available [Smile] – you know I learned one thing about calamari and squid – you either cook it in a very short time (2 -3 minutes max) or longer more than 30 minutes and nothing in between because by doing so it will make it rubbery and not as tender. I learned this the hard way until I read an article in the Washington post and so I cook the hell out of my squids/calamari.
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
Thank you for this recipe – I love Egyptian recipes because the ingredients are simple and available [Smile] – you know I learned one thing about calamari and squid – you either cook it in a very short time (2 -3 minutes max) or longer more than 30 minutes and nothing in between because by doing so it will make it rubbery and not as tender. I learned this the hard way until I read an article in the Washington post and so I cook the hell out of my squids/calamari.

Thank you for your comment and nice tip Excited [Smile] . I'll keep on posting Egyptian recipes. BTW, you can subscribe to the newsletter and get emails whenever there is a new Egyptian recipe on the website I gave [Smile] : www.healthinabite.blogspot.com
Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com