Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » whats for easter dinner?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whats for easter dinner?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction [Razz]

INGREDIENTS

* 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* salt and pepper to taste
* 4 lamb chops (3/4 inch thick)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/4 cup minced shallots
* 1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
* 3/4 cup chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops in the skillet, and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or continue to cook to your desired doneness. Remove from the skillet, and keep warm on a serving platter.
3. Add shallots to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned. Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then stir in the chicken broth. Continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. If you don't, the sauce will be runny and not good. Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Pour over the lamb chops, and serve.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 side dish will be

Lemony Pasta Spring Vegetable Salad

Ingredients:

* 1 (1 lb.) package medium pasta shells
* 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
* 1 (16 oz.) package frozen baby peas
* 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 (8 oz) container lemon yogurt
* 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
* 1/8 tsp. white pepper
* 1/2 tsp. salt

Preparation:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta shells and cook according to package directions, adding asparagus pieces during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.

Meanwhile, place frozen peas in a colander in the sink. When pasta is tender and asparagus is crisp tender, drain into colander over peas. Drain well and add orange pepper.

In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon yogurt, lemon juice, milk, thyme, pepper, and salt and mix with wire whisk to blend. Add pasta mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy your meal with your family, Micky! [Smile]

I don't have any plans in regards what to eat on Easter. My husband finally comes back on Saturday and a day later we go egg-hunting (sweets and presents actually [Wink] ) with the kids. The weather forcast doesn't sound good at all: Lots of rain and even - SNOW!!! [Eek!] Snow on Easter?? What's happening to the world....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
dessert [Razz] [Razz]

Rhubarb-Strawberry Crisp

4 cups diced rhubarb
4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, and halved, if large
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons orange zest
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier or Cointreau)(optional)you can use just orange juice
10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup light brown sugar
Pinch salt

In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar, orange zest, cornstarch and orange liqueur, and toss to thoroughly combine. Grease a 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter and transfer the fruit mixture to the prepared casserole.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 9 tablespoons of butter, flour, remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, the brown sugar and salt and cut together until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit and bake until the topping is golden brown and crispy and fruit is bubbly in places, about 45 minutes.

Cool briefly and serve warm, with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream, or creme fraiche, if desired.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
SNOW!!! [Eek!] Snow on Easter?? What's happening to the world....
global warming [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Enjoy your meal with your family, Micky! [Smile]

I don't have any plans in regards what to eat on Easter. My husband finally comes back on Saturday and a day later we go egg-hunting (sweets and presents actually [Wink] ) with the kids. The weather forcast doesn't sound good at all: Lots of rain and even - SNOW!!! [Eek!] Snow on Easter?? What's happening to the world....

thanks TL ;)YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND WITH YOUR FAMILY ALSO its suppose to snow here today [Eek!]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Snow on Easter?? What's happening to the world....

Actually, it is snowing where I am NOW!!
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH GODDD.... really??? [Eek!] We still have sunshine but it's bloody cold outside. I guess I can expect the worst. The Easter bunny is gonna freeze to death outside.... so will the eggs! [Frown]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
ladies ladies we are talking about food here, not snow [Mad] [Wink] any recipes that you can remember as a child that you had for easter dinner ( if you celebrate easter)
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, I always enjoy YOUR recipes here. Myself... rather a helpless cook. [Wink]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Micky, I always enjoy YOUR recipes here. Myself... rather a helpless cook. [Wink]

thank you and i like sharing them with you all [Smile]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Micky, post some pics once you have cooked everything - and before all the platters have been emptied! [Wink]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
k [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
very easy dip for your fresh veggies

Curry Dip
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons grated onion
1 red bell pepper

Combine the mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, and onion in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Cut the bell pepper in half lengthwise, remove the core and seeds, and serve the curry dip in the pepper 'bowls.'

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Grands!® Monkey Bread

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
1/2 cup raisins, if desired
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan.
2. In large plastic food-storage bag, mix sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
3. Mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
4. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction [Razz]

INGREDIENTS

* 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* salt and pepper to taste
* 4 lamb chops (3/4 inch thick)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/4 cup minced shallots
* 1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
* 3/4 cup chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops in the skillet, and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or continue to cook to your desired doneness. Remove from the skillet, and keep warm on a serving platter.
3. Add shallots to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned. Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then stir in the chicken broth. Continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. If you don't, the sauce will be runny and not good. Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Pour over the lamb chops, and serve.

OK TIGERLILLY here it is , i just put them on a bed of rice pilaf with peas and water chestnuts and mac. nuts

-

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
 -

happy keester to all [Big Grin]

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow!!!
Lamb recipe.. wow wow and triple wow!!!

Thanks Micky xx
Happy Easter to all!

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm travelling down to Bath and Salisbury to visit a friend - no cooking, eating out, takeaways and a box of chocolate liquers Ive been saving since xmas - hopefully I'll walk off the calories 'touristing' around both towns.
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i wish the big "A" WAS HERE SO HE CAN GIVE ME SOME RECIPES. I MISS ALL THAT ASIAN RECIPES [Frown] anyone has any more ideas about easter dinner?
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
i wish the big "A" WAS HERE SO HE CAN GIVE ME SOME RECIPES. I MISS ALL THAT ASIAN RECIPES [Frown] anyone has any more ideas about easter dinner?

Those chops look deeeeeeeeeeeelicous , what a juicy, tasty looking dish [Smile] – I must second Almaz and add my own wow-wow!!
A
nd as far as my recipes, they will come your way and patience is a nice thing micky [Smile] and I look so forward to cooking once again.

I tell you what though I am sure enjoying seeing your dishes, the mahi-mahi and now this, truly mouth watering [Smile]

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
and it was you did a great job too [Razz] i have all the patience in the world [Eek!] if i could wait for sabri to come 2 1/2 years i can wait till you are ready to cook again my friend [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com