Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » chocolate chip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: chocolate chip
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsaa   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to make a chocolate chip What is the recipe? and I am wondering if some of the items are available here in Egypt like chocolate chips or brown sugar or can anyone suggest substitute items that are available here in ? thank you
Posts: 26 | From: usa | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you? Here in Hurghada yes you can get brown sugar, many different varieties, but I haven't found choc chips. What I normally do is visit Metro supermarket and buy 1 kilo block of chocolate. I then use my grater and substitute that for choc chips. They do sell chocolate sprinkles but I find them disgusting.
Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't have brown sugar, just mix 1 tablespoon molassas to every one cup of sugar. For the chocolate chips, just find any plain chocolate at any store, and break it into pieces. It doesn't really need any particular sort of chocolate, I just grabbed a big bar of good chocolate and broke it up (in the package) by slamming it against the counter over and over. [Wink]

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 cup (2 sticks) of butter - no substitutes
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup (or honey if you don't find this where you are)
1 egg
2 teaspoon vanilla (or four small packets of vanilla essence)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (10-12 oz.) of chips (or chocolate bars broken)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar by hand until light and fluffy. Add the corn syrup, egg, and vanilla and beat until well blended. Next, stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt.

Once the dough is well mixed, stir in chips of any flavor.

Drop by rounded teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and almost set.

Cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack. Let cool completely. These cookies will be soft and chewy.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dsaa
Member # 15063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsaa   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for your help .I'll try to make it using these steps
Posts: 26 | From: usa | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p666ats
Member # 8566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for p666ats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could also use oats it makes them like hob nobs, yum.

--------------------
Patsy

Posts: 104 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com